AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-01-06, 12:03   Link #16761
Eratas123

@ Demi - I had a girl date 2 of my friends at the same time. Needless to say, both friends ended up not talking for months afterwards. Girl then went on to date 2 of my other friends

@ Rain - Yes. Ichika gets owned and so does Irish. The fact that Mondo grosso got attacked was also a shock to most people. Also, seeing males fight the IS started some stirrings in the status quo. Irish and Ichika also get yelled at by Chifuyu for compromising the defense and splitting the group up. Kyuukai gets off scot free since he followed orders.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:09   Link #16762
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I had both the guy and the girl asking me(the guy who never got into a relationship or talked to a girl without inadvertently trying to piss her off), on advice about how to deal with their strained relationship. Needless to say they ended up going their separate ways but I'm glad it was on relatively good terms.

to stay somewhat on topic:
I've read that hurricanes of 185mph and up are considered catastrophic, could those throw IS's around?
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:10   Link #16763
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Does Irish have any fears or intense major worries? I think you may have told me, but I've forgotten.
EthernalRain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-01-06, 12:10   Link #16764
Eratas123

IS have inertia shields. They really can't be affected by outside G forces unless they're from other IS.

@ Rain - Women, Ghosts, Chifuyu, and Maya when she's pissed. Other than that, he seems devoid of emotions most of the time.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:19   Link #16765
Eratas123

How long does Adrenaline last?
Old 2012-01-06, 12:20   Link #16766
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: I can think of a conversation regarding that:

Kyuukai: Where's your motivation! Your free will! Why are you acting like a puppet, an emotionless doll! I don't care about your opinion of the matter, what I care about is your lack of opinion! People could have died at the Mondo Grosso! And you're acting like you couldn't care any less! After all, it's not like I went and risked lives and the operation for my own goals.

What would be Irish's counter? He fights Arachne (or someone else), right? And the fight is supposed to hit his character hard? I'm sure he could force out a response with a great counter. This is a short while after Chifuyu's reprimanding of them.

Also, adrenaline lasts pretty long after it's application under the right circumstances and mental stressing, but most of the time it's until you stop to take a breather or relax. Then it ebbs away.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:20   Link #16767
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
hence my comment before that fans "worship" the IS like gods
Because IS is literally god-mode in battle field.... conventional weapon don't work on them....

To make things worst, the technology in the canon-verse is described as closer to ours..... (if I didn't forget)

At that level, making a machine that could truly rival IS is virtually impossible

why?

because the technology of IS is at the level of "technology indistinguishable from magic".....

It's like trying to reverse engineer a computer in medieval era.....

Okay.... correction: "Like trying to reverse engineer a IPhone during steam-tech" era.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
OC's have to be more than "kickass IS pilot with a personality taken out of a badass book". Unfortunately, most OC's fall to this.
For this reason alone, I am keeping Yuuya.... (If I am planning to add a male OC into the new story....)

There is few aspect which separate him from other male OC:

He is not angsty
He is not handsome

Finally most importantly:

He is the designated Butt monkey..... enuff said
Old 2012-01-06, 12:21   Link #16768
demino_hellsin
That one guy

I thought PIC took care of G forces?

@agetreme: If they try long and hard enough, they will succeed. Not trying at all just means they suck and are a bunch of wusses. The reasoning because IS exists and IS is the peak of technology and should remain the peak of technology just tells me how badly humanity has lost its will to improve upon itself.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:29   Link #16769
Eratas123

@ Demi - Hence why I said there's no chance of getting jostled. However, Rin uses a wave cannon so weaponized air is affected.

@ Rain - Irish: You stand there and act like some almighty hero. let me ask you something: What did you do to "save" anyone? You followed orders and you did. I didn't see you disobeying them when people could've gotten hurt. Do you have any idea what it's like to see the monster haunting your dreams at arms reach? No, that's because you don't have one. Orimura left as well when he saw what he wanted to grasp and I don't see you yelling at him. Tell you what: Stop using the defense as an excuse to yell at me. I already know you hate me. I hate your monster of a mother too and you can never accept her mistakes so you'll always hate me. Besides, did you forget? I'm not a hero and I'm no savior. I'm no different from the monsters I want to kill.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:33   Link #16770
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: Read a little... g-forces from inertia is the only g-forces that PIC prevents

I was wondering about your statement about only IS's exerted force being able to jostle IS. If this was so then IS are virtually invincible because anything that moves towards them, just "dies" and stops. proper acceleration and acceleration you feel due to inertia are apparently different(still have to confirm this). PIC would only cancel the acceleration due to inertia
Old 2012-01-06, 12:34   Link #16771
FlameSparkZ
the "Z" is for "Zeta"

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeroXSEED View Post
Four years ain't that short, frankly, if you compare the timeline, Charles gain all those skill of her in 2 years, and Cecilia in 3 years or so. Laura was the only one that is trained as a soldier for a decade, even then she just learn how to use I.S. properly at age 13 (when she meet Chifuyu)

Child genius ain't that rare in I.S. verse
True...and this doesn't apply just to the IS verse, but in most of them

Learning/Mastering a skill in such verses is from 3x ~ 10x faster than real life...with exceptions of super geniuses/protagonists that can master them in a day/week
Old 2012-01-06, 12:36   Link #16772
Eratas123

@ Demi - IS is made of Magic science. We can't apply real world logic to them.

@ Flame - It still bugs me that some protags learn things like master swordplay in a few weeks.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:39   Link #16773
EthernalRain
Head of FRACTURE R&D

@ Eratas: Perfectly amazing counter. Irish and Kyuukai are never going to be friends (or frenemies) at this rate.

Kyuukai: I'm not yelling at Orimura because his sister is already doing it. That's enough for anybody, don't you think? Maybe you're right Irish. I've seen the people who haunt my dreams. They end up dead one way or another. If they aren't... I cope. I'll admit we're both wrong on some aspects, I'll admit we're both right on others. I refuse to admit my mother is a monster, I refuse to admit you did the right thing. But I'll admit you didn't do the wrong thing either. And I'll admit, for a lot of things in the world we live in, I don't have a clue. My advice, English? Monsters, demons, whatever. Everyone knows a few, everyone has a few. Keep your personal demons caged in your head. So they don't go around attacking other people. And if you have to kill one of them... My suggestion... Make it quick.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:41   Link #16774
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Not part of the Athena series, just something I wrote out of the blue. :3

Spoiler for Scene:
Old 2012-01-06, 12:41   Link #16775
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@era-era: I'll try anyway... it somewhat calms me down
Old 2012-01-06, 12:44   Link #16776
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
I thought PIC took care of G forces?

@agetreme: If they try long and hard enough, they will succeed. Not trying at all just means they suck and are a bunch of wusses. The reasoning because IS exists and IS is the peak of technology and should remain the peak of technology just tells me how badly humanity has lost its will to improve upon itself.
Impossible:

Who the hell is going to fund the project? A project which is basically a money-sink-hole where you can throw trillion of dollar at it and it might not even work?

And

The researcher is basically making another superweapon.... it don't just threat the social order, IT THREATEN THE WHOLE FREAKING BALANCE OF THE WORLD.

And

After seeing the result of how the world react to technology far ahead of their time, what kind of idiot is going to carry on doing such a research, knowing very well that they would be forced to mass produce killing machine or marked down for assassination to ensure that the technology WOULD NOT be shared?

-====

Humanity should improve BUT not by making new weapons and by making something with much utility uses: Probably space suit with the purpose of repair space-station?

Edit: Trust me on the second one if you had play certain game.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:51   Link #16777
Eratas123

@ Rain - Irish: Did I ever say I was doing the right thing? Look at me! My chest has a gaping hole in it and I lost my chance at revenge. Doesn't look like I did the right thing, did I? At least I'm willing to do something when I have to. What do you do? Play pretend hero and act like you're saving people. Do you really think you stopping Joshua when you he tried to reason with you was "heroic"? I don't expect you to admit your mother's a monster. Ignoring it doesn't make it untrue. If you want more proof, just look at the precious defense you're yelling at me for. Those IS didn't come out of thin air. Where do you think they came from?

Side note - Not exactly Notice that Irish says he hate's Tabane. He didn't say he hates Kyuukai
Old 2012-01-06, 12:55   Link #16778
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

So while I'm gone for writing some draft, there's a battle of philosophy between Agetreme and Demnio, sigh.

I think I should stop writing considering how much I screw up with stuff, still, here's a draft that violate canon so hard it turned into grains of sand.

Spoiler for Gah:
Old 2012-01-06, 12:56   Link #16779
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@agetreme: Those so-called idiots are the same people who gave us pretty much half of the technological conveniences we have now. Nuclear energy, internet, satellite networking, even photographs may even count.

Almost every scientific research has been thought of to have some military use, not directly a killing machine but it makes up the larger killing machine, namely the military itself. It always starts out as a simple invention but later turns to be weaponized. Check out Tabane, she built IS originally for space exploration, nobody cared, guess how to get publicity? set-up a puppet hero.

Technological advancement should be beneficial for humankind, yes. But there are far too many people in the world who are either insecure or way paranoid and want to have the strongest power out there. Who is it that holds the strongest military power? Whoever the heck is keeping the "peace", that's who. If anyone gains a power, it messes up the balance like you said, but people are also afraid these same protectors can become abusive, so they build their own safeguards.

These alternate machines which are born to match the IS come from the uneasiness and obsession of people. Sometimes, it's not even reasonable, just instinct to be superior(not just referring to fic authors).

And by the way, arms industries are building up more destructive weaponry while you call their investments idiotic.

EDIT: It's 2 AM here, so I'm gonna throw in the towel and get some sleep.
Old 2012-01-06, 12:56   Link #16780
Eratas123

@ Senpai - Big damn hero's moment

@ Demi - Should we really bring real life debates into here? THese kinds of arguments tend to end badly.

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest