AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Higurashi

Notices

View Poll Results: Higurashi Episode 23 Rating
Perfect 10 33 46.48%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 30 42.25%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 8.45%
7 out of 10 : Good 1 1.41%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.41%
Voters: 71. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-09-13, 17:53   Link #41
LuckyCat
Wise Kitty Cat

Now that I understand K1's speech better I see why his popularity has grown. In fact, he's had a few great character moments (Protecting Shion from bikers, How he handled Mion/Shion when he was on the cross, stopping Teppei from abusing Satoko.)
Old 2006-09-13, 19:22   Link #42
Akuryou
*cackle* *cackle*

Send a message via MSN to Akuryou
Oh poor Rena. I can see Oishi doing to her the same what he did to Keiichi in Onikakushi. I just hope Rena will be less pacient like Mion (or was Shion who "had the chance" to kill him?) and Keiichi. Go for it, Rena-chan.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiosai
Now that I understand K1's speech better I see why his popularity has grown. In fact, he's had a few great character moments (Protecting Shion from bikers, How he handled Mion/Shion when he was on the cross, stopping Teppei from abusing Satoko.)
He also looked pretty cool in the Watergun fight, lol.
Old 2006-09-13, 22:13   Link #43
Shuin4
You faked all of it.

I'm really surprised at how much gore they're allowed to show. Even if a lot of it is sorta censored or they show it really fast, I know that none of the violence scenes would even come close to airing in america.

Great episode by the way, I like how they kind-of made it so it was like Rena telling the gang what's happened up until the confession scene. I'm just surprised Satoko didn't say anything, seeing as how she had to live with Teppei for a few years (did she even know he was the other victim?)

But um, did Rena do some serious cleaning to the fridge? For bloody bodies they sure didn't leave many stains...
Old 2006-09-13, 22:20   Link #44
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
I'm really surprised at how much gore they're allowed to show. Even if a lot of it is sorta censored or they show it really fast, I know that none of the violence scenes would even come close to airing in america.

Great episode by the way, I like how they kind-of made it so it was like Rena telling the gang what's happened up until the confession scene. I'm just surprised Satoko didn't say anything, seeing as how she had to live with Teppei for a few years (did she even know he was the other victim?)

But um, did Rena do some serious cleaning to the fridge? For bloody bodies they sure didn't leave many stains...
I don't know about that. I think Adult Swim is capable of showing that level of violence.
Old 2006-09-13, 22:40   Link #45
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarthX
I don't know about that. I think Adult Swim is capable of showing that level of violence.
Adult Swim has shown Fullmetal Alchemist - while some of the scenes in Higurashi are significantly creepier than FMA. I don't find them to be much more violent. Adult Swim also showed Paranoia Agent (up there on the creepy scale) and I believe the only edits they had to make had to do with "adult situations" (i.e. sex talk, implied, etc).
Old 2006-09-13, 22:49   Link #46
theacefrehley
Guitar Man

Man...
Something tells me that when the things start to go wrong here the blood bath will be even gorier than with Teppei and Rina...
hehe

That's a good point; Satoko's reaction...
Did she know that Teppei was killed ?
Or she doesn't care for him at all (I wouldn't anyway haha)
Old 2006-09-13, 23:08   Link #47
MarthX

Quote:
Originally Posted by rooboy666
Adult Swim has shown Fullmetal Alchemist - while some of the scenes in Higurashi are significantly creepier than FMA. I don't find them to be much more violent. Adult Swim also showed Paranoia Agent (up there on the creepy scale) and I believe the only edits they had to make had to do with "adult situations" (i.e. sex talk, implied, etc).
Last Saturday on Trinity Blood (TVMA) They showed someone getting sliced in half, having their heart pulled out then squeezed until it exploded. If they can show that, they can show anything Higurashi has.
Old 2006-09-14, 03:42   Link #48
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shuin4
CSI can get pretty graphic... much more graphic than Higurashi ever gets.

Anyways, great episode. Pissed off Rena was awesome, as always. I just wish that she was like that more often.

Normal/Detective ark/Death by Curse ark Rena FTF

Pissed off Rena FTMFW

Edit: Also, am I the only one that LOLed hard when Rena got her ass handed to her? As much as I like pissed Rena, that was funny.

Last edited by Bloodseeker; 2006-09-14 at 04:21.
Old 2006-09-14, 06:20   Link #49
ayyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by kj1980
Fortunately, we won't spoil anything until the anime is finished. After that, we'll decide to let it all out (or not) in a separate thread. Perhaps a Q&A type of thing where me, LostBlue, and Sushi-Y will answer three questions IN THROUGH DETAIL (3 x 3 = 9 answers in total, and that's it.).
I think I will be extremely sad if you see through that plan, anyone who has the mind in getting the spoilers without the fluff can easily google them anytime and keep it to themselves. However I plan to provide the fluff, in chronological order too.

Last edited by ayyo; 2006-09-14 at 15:18.
Old 2006-09-14, 08:40   Link #50
hailstorm

I seriously got hard when Rena
Spoiler:

And on top of that:
Spoiler:

INSTANT 10. No questions whatsoever.
Old 2006-09-14, 09:11   Link #51
i0td

Oh how this episode makes me empathize with Rena all the more. I cheer them on.
Old 2006-09-14, 11:36   Link #52
Ichy
It`s a miracle!

Location: This is the Kind of Woman I want to play Games with. And by playing Games I mean.... ^____^
All hail Rena!

What a grat episode. Rena got a bunch of really good friends, this part of the Episode was so great.

Also Rina and Satokos Uncle got what they deserved. The 2 Characters I hate the most dies. Good job Rena 10/10
Old 2006-09-14, 13:12   Link #53
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
holy gore yes rina started it so i had no sympathy for her death watsoever but it would have been better to see rena's machete killing rina instead of that metal stick ^^
but seeing it go through Teppei's head gave me a big fat grin XD
and again rena slicing through the body...gave me the shivers and the bone crushing sound goes well with it...
gg rena

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-09-14, 13:52   Link #54
Mappy
Eat This!

I knew there was a reason why I voted Rena as my favourite character.
Old 2006-09-14, 15:43   Link #55
Cardiac Glycoside

It seems that everybody is better at murdering people than K1.

As nice as it may seem on the surface, I can't really laud what K1 did for Rena. If they had abandoned her, she would be the only one to take the fall; but now, K1 has put everyone in danger because they are now accomplices to murder (or manslaughter, whatever).
Old 2006-09-14, 16:58   Link #56
Bloodseeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
holy gore yes rina started it so i had no sympathy for her death watsoever but it would have been better to see rena's machete killing rina instead of that metal stick ^^
But if she had killed her with the billhook, you wouldn't have gotten to see Rina's face all collapsed and disfigured from the beating! Death by pipe is cooler than death by blade, IMO. Bashing someone's head in with a heavy blunt object is much more brutal than a stab or clean cut.
Old 2006-09-14, 17:46   Link #57
Nork22

I await the DVD to see the full split uncensored!

But seriously, as I was watching this, in the back of my mind, I wondered, when will all this break down? Then out pops Ooishi.

And I'm starting to understand how everything is connected. I need to draw up a timeline of the events to see how everything turns out. Then to compare it with the game.
Old 2006-09-14, 18:18   Link #58
Serenity85
Horo-ism

After watching the ep. and reading the tips for it, in particular "My favorite Wine" it got me thinking back to some pics i say in the wallpaper thread.

I beleive that there is infact some entity that rika, maybe rena can see/hear, whether its Oyashiro-sama or not (I lean to yes, would make sense unless Oyashiro-sama is suppose to be a he not a she)

*note all pics are from the wall gallery*

http://img321.imageshack.us/my.php?i...g0085133rh.jpg
http://img223.imageshack.us/my.php?i...11255759xe.jpg
http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?i...enamili9ur.jpg

In all these pics there is ghostly figure which resembles Rika almost to a "T" When I first saw these pics I was like, they must be fan made not real or important, but now I do believe 100% that she is real and that she is tied to the whole mystery somehow. Hmm, if not Oyashiro-sama, maybe the ghost of the first Rika that died who now travels between time periods in hopes of preventing her death maybe... hmmm

P.S. I really love this show, hopes for the manga/game to be translated *fingers crossed*
Old 2006-09-14, 18:29   Link #59
Kisuke06
I see...

Episode 23 was very good. Those 2 deserved to die, however I think that Rena took a very... extreme attitude. You need to be careful with cute girls. /o/
Old 2006-09-14, 21:11   Link #60
Pakxenon
popcorn

The only problem with this episode was the overall mood, and how the ending was trying to get Rena to relax. I was hoping the bloodshed would last throughout the episode instead of just the first half.

Good episode! Would have been a 10 but it's a 9.
Closed Thread