AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-09-30, 02:34   Link #10021
Pen3

Wow i should hit the lotto tomorrow after hitting 777.
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Pen3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 05:21   Link #10022
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Excellent game, and my first Radley-Walters on my T49. Too bad I got destroyed by the M41 just as I crested the hill above it. Stupid HE splash... Doubly annoying due to the fact that this was after it got Sep too.

Images

But then again, this is the T49, THE carryhard tier 5. Not really surprising.

Also had a good debut game for the BDR, with I also bought in prep for this weekend's event. Ironically, I ALSO got killed by arty, as I waited for it to break through the building at their cap south. Problem is it got me before I could click. Oh well

Images
Old 2013-09-30, 07:22   Link #10023
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

It really is the carry-hard tier 5, I've lost count of how many downhill matches I've managed to salvage in it.

I'm seeing loads of them recently too which is kinda nice since most people have little idea of how to use it and tend to just drive it around constantly like a light making it nice and easy for me to kill them.

I'm going to give the IS its debut later this evening but I'm imagining it will be painful with all the stock modules and likely high tiered match making =|

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 08:36   Link #10024
Silver-Throne
Big Game
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mow Yun View Post
Are you using premium? Tiers 7 and 8 are going to be the tiers where your credit income really evaporates if you don't have that. Generally people who do not have premium will fund their high tier tanks by playing more matches of the low tiers, or with a premium tank. Supposedly this is how they keep the matchmaker balanced. There ARE players who can play tier 7 and 8 tanks and make overall profit, however these players tend to be rare and you shouldn't stress yourself over that much. Just play what you like.
Actually, I`m one of them. Keeping Centurion 7/1, Conqueror, Matilda,Tiger II, T29, IS-3 KV-1 and Jadtiger. I still have more vehicles slots, not that I`m using premium upgrade[I bought it with gold].

Should I keep fully upgraded Marder III? In SEA, it`s a rare sight to see Tank Companies here.

Meh I don`t feel like using fully upgraded AT2 today because of it`s bad maneuverability(worst than KV-1?). I think I`ll put a go for German TDs and stop buying Brit TDs since I`m more of ' front line- support-sniper' type of player.

In my last match using AT2, I just met a disgraceful trash talker from a Philippine clan who keeps commenting both team`s heavies are noobs during the entire match till he got killed by enemy player. That trash talker was using KV-1S. That player is a disgrace to my country! He must be perma-banned for life or send a complaint to his commander!

Speaking of that Russian tank,is KV-1s much good of a tank? I was intending to keep at least two tier-7 tank(Oh great, I have to buy 2 more vehicle slots if that were the case) for tournaments
Silver-Throne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 09:18   Link #10025
Gravitas Free Zone

The KV-1S is mostly known for the final 122mm, which is a respectable gun, but not so good solo because of the reload time. With multiple KV-1S in a platoon, though, you can volley-fire onto a target so that the reloading time is covered, or do massive simultaneous damage.

...the other thing to do that with is a Hellcat.

If one of the 8.9 rumors is true and/or someone hits SerB on the head, the 1S will be split into the KV-85 at Tier 6 with a 100mm final gun, and a KV-xx at Tier 7 with the 122mm gun.
Gravitas Free Zone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 11:11   Link #10026
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Because we can't really expect pubbies to do the right thing at the best of times.

Images

Komarin, south spawn. The team disperses, and I head to the stand of bushes on the East side, just to the right side of the village. Instead of hitting the middle island, the BP follows me for some reason. I promptly machinegun to death any and all that show up in my view range, which is to say an IS, and close to endgame a T-34-85, a VK 3001 P, and an M4. Middle promptly collapses, but the Vk 3002 DM and AT8 don't see me (I literally didn't move from my place until about 5 minutes from the end to mop up the 3 meds I mentioned above), so they too get needled.

From the west side, theT25/2 survives, makes it to the enemy base, and caps. This is after I spot the M12 running in my direction on the north bridge.

Cap line starts to move on our base, I turn around, and find the 59-16 that had been eluding me on the center island. I get rid of it, and felt a whole lot better as a result. Evening was not kind to me, starting with 2 draws right off the bat after all.

Sadly even with this amount of damage in a tier 7 game, I don't think I'll even qualify for gold on the Comet. :/
Old 2013-09-30, 12:08   Link #10027
Gravitas Free Zone

The discussion of BiA caused me to come up with a fairly expensive plan for moving some crew members around. Well, the next crew training sale should be this weekend or nextish.

Swamp and Komarin: I don't think they were changed enough. Komarin is particularly bad for the amount of useless terrain on it, even if the middle island's cover has been reduced and the angry shrubbery effect has been lessened a bit by changing them to trees.

Edited to add:

So the two-week On Track now is to the Object 268.

I suppose I could finally get that SU-85 now, and... eh. My SU-85B crew is very happy where they are.

Also, this is the monthly mission:

Hero of the Day: Get 50K of damage in one day, earn 250K. That's not quite as horrifying.

Last edited by Gravitas Free Zone; 2013-09-30 at 20:20.
Old 2013-09-30, 21:10   Link #10028
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Somehow, after that weekend grinding, I'm feeling quite tired of World of Tanks. I think I'll just play this week and grind exp with my premium account - I'd really like to get my KV-1 and M4 crews up to their second skills - and build up my warchest; I've got about 3.7 million credits now, so I'd like to get to maybe 5 million, in preparation for an equipment sale.

I believe in miracles.

Wild Goose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 23:25   Link #10029
Gravitas Free Zone

Artificial end to gaming session: I started lagging really badly during a mission, and couldn't figure out why. It became a bit of an issue when I was fighting both of the final two tanks, they were platooned, and I didn't trust my team to be able to finish the job.

Made the kills, though it cost me my driver's XP because I wasn't able to heal them before the game ended.

Realized after the game that it was my scheduled system backup starting up. Eh, I can wait a bit for that to go through.
Old 2013-09-30, 23:49   Link #10030
Tempester
Japanese Culture Fan

My WN7 keeps rising while my winrate is falling every day. I got my last 1 day of premium mission finished through a series of consecutive losses. I didn't even bother finishing on a win or high note; I quit right after finishing the mission. This damn stupid game is so demoralizing and depressing sometimes. It's like a torture tool made to bring out the worst and most ugly emotions out of even the coolest players.
Tempester is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-09-30, 23:59   Link #10031
Gravitas Free Zone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
My WN7 keeps rising while my winrate is falling every day.
I know how you feel, since that's pretty much how the last two days have been. I've had reasonably consistent individual success while team quality has been wildly mixed.

I've tried to keep my team chat complaining on the relatively-safe side of civil, so it won't look so cranky as to be reportable. But there's only so much you can not say when the team's top platoon, consisting of all three of the team's heavies, drives into a corner of the map and refuses to come out until basically everyone else has been killed (and by now they're outnumbered three to one).
Old 2013-10-01, 02:30   Link #10032
Blaat

I had a fun 3 man platoon session with Drake and Newhope; although I had to leave early was getting late on my part hopefully Drake managed to finish his 15 wins.
Old 2013-10-01, 04:40   Link #10033
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

I'm kinda regretting unlocking the KV-2 first, instead of the KV-1S. After almost a month with it, I've come to the conclusion that the KV-1S, while having a fuckawesome gun, is not as able at soloing as the KV-1, mostly due to the long reload (I've gotten it down to 13.3 seconds with Rammer, Vents and a 100% crew). Might be able to shave off 1-2 seconds with Brothers in Arms. It's great in a platoon or when used properly, which is a small problem I have lol ^_^;

Rumor has it that it'll be split into the KV-85 and the KV-122 in the next patch, with the KV-122 being a T7 and the KV-85 being a T6, with the KV-85 getting a 100mm gun that's essentially the same gun as on the SU-100.

That would not be a bad thing, actually; it would certainly give the KV-85 more options than the KV-1S, because if you shoot and miss, you're screwed. It's not really a gun for close combat brawling.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-01, 04:46   Link #10034
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Images

1409 base exp on the 3002M. Not enough for gold, I guess? So annoying... :<
Old 2013-10-01, 04:55   Link #10035
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Goose View Post
It's not really a gun for close combat brawling.
Not in the traditional sense of brawling no. However, most players, old or new, have a psychological fear of the 122mm, so even despite the reload time most KV-1S players still find enough time to hide, reload, and have the enemy still be there to shoot at.

It's the enemies that know better though that simply let a KV-1S shoot, then suddenly bumrush them to kill them when they're down.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 08:39   Link #10036
Wild Goose
Truth Martyr
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Not in the traditional sense of brawling no. However, most players, old or new, have a psychological fear of the 122mm, so even despite the reload time most KV-1S players still find enough time to hide, reload, and have the enemy still be there to shoot at.

It's the enemies that know better though that simply let a KV-1S shoot, then suddenly bumrush them to kill them when they're down.
Lol, I know what you mean - I got Top Gun on my KV-1S two weeks ago doing that - but to me it seems that more often that not, the other team are a lot better than I am with more nerves of steel lol. I've been on the receiving end of getting bumrushed a bit too much for comfort.

Got two slits free... I think I'll get the Jumbo as my T6, since it's so bouncy, and maybe get a seal clubbing T2 lol. Thinking of grinding the T1 to unlock the M6, then transferring the crew to that tank.

I believe in miracles.

Old 2013-10-01, 09:15   Link #10037
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tempester View Post
It's like a torture tool made to bring out the worst and most ugly emotions out of even the coolest players.
This game has brought out more negative emotions in me than any other game I've ever played.
  • Self-loathing at not being nearly as good as I want to be, leading to a complete lack of confidence and refusal to play with the clan so as not to risk dragging them down.
  • Finally managing to pull my stats from "Bad" to a still pretty pathetic "Average" and now not wanting to play at all anymore just to make sure they don't go back down that horrible hole again.
  • Feeling my entire time playing is wasted if any stat drops at all and generally not having fun at all anymore.

I'm pretty amazed at what a mockery this game has turned me into and I haven't even played 2k battles. And yet I still can't hit that uninstall button even though I should.
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:23   Link #10038
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
I'm pretty amazed at what a mockery this game has turned me into and I haven't even played 2k battles. And yet I still can't hit that uninstall button even though I should.
I'm pretty sure that more than a few of us HAVE stepped away from the game for a bit (I did for a month due to net issues), if only to preserve one's sanity.

Oh, and if the clan is too busy, you could always drop by the Wotlabs channel if you're looking for platoonmates -- see that game a few posts up with the 3002M? Biggie was someone from the channel, and what's more he's more or less an average player too (51% total with more games than me really), so don't worry about stats.
Old 2013-10-01, 09:40   Link #10039
RWBladewing
Salt Levels Critical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
I'm pretty sure that more than a few of us HAVE stepped away from the game for a bit (I did for a month due to net issues), if only to preserve one's sanity.

Oh, and if the clan is too busy, you could always drop by the Wotlabs channel if you're looking for platoonmates -- see that game a few posts up with the 3002M? Biggie was someone from the channel, and what's more he's more or less an average player too (51% total with more games than me really), so don't worry about stats.
Ha, well, as per my first bullet point, the clan being busy and not being able to find platoons isn't my issue. Unlike most people here, my worst enemy isn't actually terrible pub players, it's me (well, some could say based on my stats that those are the same thing but the point stands).
RWBladewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-01, 09:59   Link #10040
Mow Yun

Send a message via AIM to Mow Yun
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWBladewing View Post
Ha, well, as per my first bullet point, the clan being busy and not being able to find platoons isn't my issue. Unlike most people here, my worst enemy isn't actually terrible pub players, it's me (well, some could say based on my stats that those are the same thing but the point stands).
You shouldn't worry too much. Find other players who would rather enjoy your company than obsess over numbers. And unless you're HORRID, I don't think it will be much of an issue. If you want to improve, make sure you surround yourself with people who are better than you and learn from them.
Mow Yun is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks