AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2012-12-25, 09:02   Link #1001
Strigon 13
Electrosphere

After 2 weeks I managed to get inside the game again (the work is a b****). Right now my Panther has the Top Gun (7,5cm L100) and I finally moved to tier 8 with my KV-4, and I have to say, Tier 8 is HELL!
Strigon 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:54   Link #1002
Newhope

70 games with the jagdpanther and unimpressed would be an understatment, 46% win ratio compared to 56% in the Jagdpanzer IV and 57% in the stug 3.

EDIT:57% on the Jagdpanzer IV and 59% Stug 3 lol.

Last edited by Newhope; 2012-12-25 at 11:30.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 10:55   Link #1003
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newhope View Post
70 games with the jagdpanther and unimpressed would be an understatment, 46% win ratio compared to 56% in the Jagdpanzer IV and 57% in the stug 3.
Are you upgrade it fully?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:08   Link #1004
Newhope

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Are you upgrade it fully?
Just need tracks and third gun, but can't really see them making much difference to be honest.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:09   Link #1005
Tak
Catholic = Cat addiction?

After reading the specs of the E-75 and beyond, I am not sure I want to go on with the German line. I think at this point I made up my mind, with my KV-1s in hand, I am heading down the IS lane... ugh

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Tak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 11:29   Link #1006
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

The stock Crusader is more nimble than I thought, and thank to the grinding of Churchill I, I don't have to worry about researching its guns. Now I know why people like this tank.
Old 2012-12-25, 12:41   Link #1007
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tak View Post
After reading the specs of the E-75 and beyond, I am not sure I want to go on with the German line. I think at this point I made up my mind, with my KV-1s in hand, I am heading down the IS lane... ugh

- Tak
E-75 is apparently universally thought of as the best Tier 9 heavy, whereas the E-100 is apparently lacking in some key ways. I have to admitt with a fully upgraded Tiger, I'm almost 50/50 between the H and P models. I can do more neat maneuvers in the H but I get scared facing KV1S..
Old 2012-12-25, 13:23   Link #1008
Tak

Yeah, I do plan to get the E-75, but the IS-7 looks to be such a good tank its very difficult for me to pass up. Damn Soviets and their uber Tier Xs.

- Tak

Remember, the toes you step on today may be connected to the @ss you have to kiss tomorrow.
Old 2012-12-25, 13:25   Link #1009
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

what is disadvantage for transferring crew from one tank to another? is it good idea to do it?

Old 2012-12-25, 13:35   Link #1010
Tak

Depends, did you train any perks? My Tiger II has existing perks from my Tiger, so I transferred the crew to the Tiger II with 90% efficiency.

- Tak

Old 2012-12-25, 13:51   Link #1011
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

More fun with the luchs, its probably the most fun I've had since I started playing.

This match I was in the leopard (which I hate btw since I constantly get matched with tier 9s !) and managed to destroy a PzKpfw III/IV by jumping on top of him Mario style although I wedged myself in behind his husk in the process.

Luckily however one of the enemy team was on hand to lend a hand.

Sadly for him however he managed to kill both of us in the process

At the minute I'm struggling to find out what role the leopold is meant to fill as its not quick enough nor has the radio range for a scout but regardless of that the match making thinks its an awesome idea to throw me into matches with tier 9's so I have zero chance of doing anything remotely useful anyway.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 14:26   Link #1012
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ The leopard is almost a pure dedicated scout. It's top tier radio has good range actually. The best part of it is that it's actually more durable than other scouts of it's tier. So while you won't do any damage, you have to drive around and circle to scout for your team.

Keep in mind that I didn't know how to scout when I first went through the Pz38tna and it was brutal. Until your crew gets to higher levels, it will be a very painful experience, but as I posted in a previous post .. dedicated scouts that are talented often tip the balance between victory and defeat. I'd happily trade in a good ELC AMX for any Tier 5 heavy
Old 2012-12-25, 14:34   Link #1013
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ The leopard is almost a pure dedicated scout. It's top tier radio has good range actually. The best part of it is that it's actually more durable than other scouts of it's tier. So while you won't do any damage, you have to drive around and circle to scout for your team.

Keep in mind that I didn't know how to scout when I first went through the Pz38tna and it was brutal. Until your crew gets to higher levels, it will be a very painful experience, but as I posted in a previous post .. dedicated scouts that are talented often tip the balance between victory and defeat. I'd happily trade in a good ELC AMX for any Tier 5 heavy
ELC main purpose is not scouting. since it really have bad radio. thought I consider it as multipurpose tank since it excel in both close range or short range. as long you have person to cover you

Old 2012-12-25, 14:37   Link #1014
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
ELC main purpose is not scouting. since it really have bad radio. thought I consider it as multipurpose tank since it excel in both close range or short range. as long you have person to cover you
I'm addressing Drake's point .. in a Tier 9 battle, I'd rather have an AMX ELC as a scout than a KV1. If you're going to tell me you're going to be more productive as something else in a Tier 9 battle, sure!
Old 2012-12-25, 14:42   Link #1015
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

The leopard isn't particularly fast or maneuverable though ? even with the best engine and tracks fitted I was out run by KV-IS's and Super Pershings u_u

I don't think I've actually won a game with it yet =/

Old 2012-12-25, 14:42   Link #1016
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Even Tier 9 scared with my ELC! although usually for tier 9 match I usually do suicide scouting or distraction.

Old 2012-12-25, 14:47   Link #1017
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drake View Post
The leopard isn't particularly fast or maneuverable though ? even with the best engine and tracks fitted I was out run by KV-IS's and Super Pershings u_u

I don't think I've actually won a game with it yet =/
Are we talking about the same Leopard? It's top speed is 68kph. There's no way they should outrun you? You bleed a lot of speed on turns though, so you need to dive between buildings and around hills. The moment you "spot" them, you curve around back below a hill and repeat. All the while your team is poking them with arty or sniper fire. Your team is invisible to the enemy but not vice-versa.
Old 2012-12-25, 15:29   Link #1018
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

In one match with my Matilda. My entire team was wiped out from scouts, and one artillery on the enemy team racked up 8 kills. I was left alone defending against an entire team.

Edit: Recent match, but the enemy was trying to 4 blitz our flag. So I decided to rush right to our flag and defend it. Next few minutes they were stuck trying to cap it, and trying to kill me. While I just stood there like a wall, and kept taking their damage and pounding them. It was hilarious especially thankful to them for the awards.

I was stuck like this for 1 minute.

Last edited by Hooves; 2012-12-25 at 16:17.
Hooves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-12-25, 17:07   Link #1019
Drake
dn ʎɐʍ sıɥʇ
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
Are we talking about the same Leopard? It's top speed is 68kph. There's no way they should outrun you? You bleed a lot of speed on turns though, so you need to dive between buildings and around hills. The moment you "spot" them, you curve around back below a hill and repeat. All the while your team is poking them with arty or sniper fire. Your team is invisible to the enemy but not vice-versa.
Yes we are, I know it says that in the stats but the fastest I've ever gotten it up to was about 55kph on flat ground and as you mentioned it bleeds a lot of speed turning and on inclines so I'd say I only average about 30k-40ph most of the time but with poorer maneuverability than other scouts so it feels very sluggish in comparison, Getting outrun is no word of a lie and happened eariler today on Ruinberg in a game filled with high tier heavies =/

That said maybe the luchs has spoiled me since its speed and handling is enough to let you powerslide in behind enemies like a boss.

On the subject of the luchs here are my latest exploits, Mastery badge and top gun baby

Old 2012-12-25, 18:30   Link #1020
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Oh my, the Crusader is quite a different experience from either the Panzer IV and the Sherman. It's quick and nimble, but often times it takes only two shots to take it out. Oddly enough, I think I've gotten the most heavy kills ever on it for my Tier Vs, as I literally run circles around stuff like KVs. Too bad if they manage to wing me, it's as good as over... XD

Tags
mmo games, war game, wargaming.net, world of tanks