AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Claymore

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2007-08-11, 08:52   Link #261
Echoes

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzeroIV View Post
two request filled ^_^

hope they are okay, since this forum has a rule on size, i couldn't make it like my other sigs @.@ and if i did i had to save it at low quality which would make it blurry, which doesnt look good, so thats the best i can do for now Oo, sorry :S
It's absolutely lovely, thanks a lot. ^___^ That was quick as well, such a friendly forum.

Last edited by Echoes; 2007-08-11 at 12:57.
Old 2007-08-11, 13:09   Link #262
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Woo! Finally finished them! Well, I tried my best with them and I hope these are what you were looking for...

Freebies to enjoy!

A side note: I hope the next episodes aren't as dark....I'm getting tired of blues..... and having to brighten them...
Amazing! You can tell me what softwares you use to make this?
Old 2007-08-11, 16:01   Link #263
AzeroIV

i know with Photoshop CS2 you can create the animated ones, and i think the other one is Image Ready?
Old 2007-08-11, 16:50   Link #264
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

I used VirtualDub to capture the frames and then I made the avatars with ImageReady.
Old 2007-08-11, 19:19   Link #265
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

I've been playing around with the Gimp, so I'll throw my avatar hat into the arena here, if anyone wants it (Edit: On second thought, I'll use this one myself)... From episode 19

Here's a smaller 3-frame version, but using better quality bmp grabs...

Drat, this next one came in over the limit. I'll show it anyway, even though it can't be used...

Edit: Fixed version. Lower quality 64 color palette squeaks in at 49.9kb

I never realized how easy (though tedious) these things are to make in the Gimp, by just dumping in all the jpgs collected from FFDShow's grab function. If only I could figure out how to do brightness/contrast on all layers at once, it would be really easy. I have much to learn; the force is weak in this one... Edit: Okay, so using the levels function and saving the result on the first frame makes adjusting the "contrast", "brightness", and gamma, much easier, going through all the other frames.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-08-14 at 15:57.
Old 2007-08-12, 11:20   Link #266
lufia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
Well after a while of using PS, I've come to the conclusion that I just plain suck at using it. As evident of this ava, anyone feel free to use it if you want.

but really just wanted to post to fnd out how to attach images and so on, as I rarely do

oh and heres a Galatea one

Thanks i be using the teresa one
Old 2007-08-12, 11:48   Link #267
rajah_delight

could someone make some gifs with irene and ophelia ( 200 x200 if possible ) please!!
Old 2007-08-12, 15:15   Link #268
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyhorse View Post
Woo! Finally finished them! Well, I tried my best with them and I hope these are what you were looking for...

And here's another one I had to make...although THIS one was a pain in the *bleep* to make....ugh I hate pan shots...

Raining version:

Freebies to enjoy!

A side note: I hope the next episodes aren't as dark....I'm getting tired of blues..... and having to brighten them...
You did a wonderful job with all of them. +1 to you. I love the Priscilla ones.
Old 2007-08-12, 23:32   Link #269
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Since i was bored i tried my hand at making these avatars and got some done, also if anyone knows how to use photoshop CS2 to speed up the frames/second rate to make the animation faster I would like to hear how.

Last edited by emu777; 2007-08-13 at 10:40.
Old 2007-08-13, 02:33   Link #270
Galatea
Adict|on

i would like to request a 100x100 Rafalea icon pretty please. (Episode 14/ 9min30sec)
Old 2007-08-13, 08:08   Link #271
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by emu777 View Post
Since i was bored i tried my hand at making these avatars and got some done, also if anyone knows how to use photoshop CS2 to speed up the frames/second rate to make the animation faster I would like to hear how.

to speed up stuff u can do any of the following

1) reduce no. of frames
2) do not put delay in any frames
Old 2007-08-13, 08:13   Link #272
Rhyel
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galatea View Post
i would like to request a 100x100 Rafalea icon pretty please. (Episode 14/ 9min30sec)
I make one of episode 18, episode 14 no have good look of Raphaela.

Old 2007-08-13, 08:28   Link #273
Galatea
Adict|on

^^ arigatougozaimasu

Truth is i'm collecting picture of characters from claymore in 100x100 icon as a 'sub hobby' so that i'll rmb them
*Sounds lame -.-*
Old 2007-08-13, 09:38   Link #274
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

For the person who needed a raphaela icon i just made a moving on from ep 14 but not the scene you mention. Sorry, but it was one of the best shots i could find inthis episode.

Last edited by emu777; 2007-08-13 at 12:21.
Old 2007-08-13, 10:07   Link #275
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
I think that using 0ms as your default timing is letting the gif player choose it's own pace. By changing all the frames to a default of 50ms, your gif runs twice as fast. Also, the frames aren't optimised properly, so your file is bigger than it needs to be. I don't know where the option is in Photoshop, to optimise animated gifs, since I can only afford the Gimp, myself!

Also, your gif could get by with every other frame, for quite a speedup: (quality suffered, since I went from indexed mode to RGB to raise the gamma a bit too much, then went back to indexed mode)

Another nice trick for gifs like these, which don't have much variation of colors, is to use much less than the maximum index of 255+alpha colors. Your gif could have been done using a palette of just 32 colors, with no real loss of image quality. You'd have to restart from scratch though, since images that are already indexed suffer, quality-wise, when re-indexed. I only used 184 colors for this:

And this one has only 64 colors, and was re-indexed to boot. If I'd made it from the original, I could have got by with 32 or 48 colors AND had a better gif than this.

Last edited by Goofus Maximus; 2007-08-14 at 15:08.
Old 2007-08-13, 10:27   Link #276
Justice Knight
Haro Pwned U!!!!

just found out that it has too many frames in it

i've modified into this

Old 2007-08-13, 10:42   Link #277
emu777
Shapeshifter Imperius

Thanks for the info goofus/knight ive fixed the problem and the images are running more smoothly now ive reuploaded the new ones, here some others. Now the only problem is how do i downscale the filesize without lowering the quality, ive already tried reducing the color palette and increasing the lossy but both seem to kill the quality. The pics are all under 50kb so there should be no problem if someone wants to use them.

Last edited by emu777; 2007-08-14 at 01:19.
Old 2007-08-14, 01:33   Link #278
Galatea
Adict|on

Quote:
For the person who needed a raphaela icon i just made a moving on from ep 14 but not the scene you mention. Sorry, but it was one of the best shots i could find inthis episode.

Thanks as well emu777
Old 2007-08-14, 05:41   Link #279
crazyhorse
Procrastinator

Quote:

Nice shot of Rafaela although I think you can work on the timing a little bit like hold her pose for a few seconds. You can also make it loop so that it can have a smooth animation instead of the jerking you get (although I know that it is really hard to make it AS safe without killing the quality). Oh I also checked out how many frames you have and I see that you can delete some more frames to get a better quality.

Quote:
Thanks for the info goofus/knight ive fixed the problem and the images are running more smoothly now ive reuploaded the new ones, here some others. Now the only problem is how do i downscale the filesize without lowering the quality, ive already tried reducing the color palette and increasing the lossy but both seem to kill the quality. The pics are all under 50kb so there should be no problem if someone wants to use them.

I really like the Miria one, but the Teresa one goes too fast. Mess around with the timing a little and it'll be perfect. Of course, I'm an ImageReady user so I don't know if the options are the same if you use something else.

Oh yeah I just remembered something. Another way to lower the filesize is by creating borders. I don't understand why it works, but it does. Other than that, I don't know of any other ways besides making the icon smaller.
Old 2007-08-14, 10:37   Link #280
goth_princess_101

Send a message via Yahoo to goth_princess_101
Could someone make make a Clare sig? I want it to have a greenish blueish theme. It doesn't really matter which pic of Clare it is.
Closed Thread

Tags