AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2015-05-13, 16:36   Link #1481
Shadow5YA

Nintendo tends to upload all of their big announcements on their youtube channel fairly quickly anyway, so unless you need to watch it as it's airing for the *experience* I don't think you'll miss anything
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-15, 13:34   Link #1482
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TnAdct1 View Post
Only downside to Nintendo's E3 plans: despite getting a three week notice about it, they failed to keep in mind the Square-Enix press conference planned for June 16th and are having their "Digital Event" air the same time as that.

BTW, if anyone asks, I'd still be watching the Nintendo event, as S-E's plans to hold off Kingdom Hearts 3 news until November means the only thing that would interest me in that press conference would be the hope of a US release for Bravely Second and the Dragon Quest games.
https://twitter.com/SquareEnix/statu...73119124099073

Turns out Square rescheduled their event so it wouldn't conflict with Nintendo anyway
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-05-31, 12:13   Link #1483
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Hiee~~! Monster Hunter Cross looks great!I hope they kind of power up Slash Axe, Lance, and Hammer... Because you know, the Charge Axe kind of kicked their butts...

Bravely Second (Summer) -> Fire Emblem(?) (Fall) -> Monster Hunter X (Winter)

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-07-13, 06:39   Link #1484
Chibiloli

Anybody know what exclusive games will be on the new 3DS? I bought one the day before they announced Nintendo's CEO died and I wanna make the most out of my new one since I don't want to have bought a brand new piece of hardware and turns out it only got like 1 game for it.
Old 2015-07-13, 16:19   Link #1485
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Anybody know what exclusive games will be on the new 3DS? I bought one the day before they announced Nintendo's CEO died and I wanna make the most out of my new one since I don't want to have bought a brand new piece of hardware and turns out it only got like 1 game for it.
So far all you get is one exclusive game (Xenoblade Chronicles) and one slightly improved one (Super Smash Bros for 3DS). On the last one instead of the system fully restarting on exit you exit to the menu as normal (due to added ram) but that's about it. I doubt Nintendo will push for many exclusive games for the new hardware but I'm guessing that it's just a matter of time until more games go the Smash Bros route and push the older 3DS hardware to it's limit.
Old 2015-10-03, 07:34   Link #1486
Chibiloli

Yeah, anybody know when they'll release the Amiibo scanner for the old 3DS? I'm somewhat relieved my new one can scan amiibo's, but now I have an old 3DS with only like a few months worth of use.
Old 2015-10-03, 07:42   Link #1487
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibiloli View Post
Yeah, anybody know when they'll release the Amiibo scanner for the old 3DS? I'm somewhat relieved my new one can scan amiibo's, but now I have an old 3DS with only like a few months worth of use.
It's out now in Europe and in the US looks like it's out as well.
Old 2015-10-05, 16:54   Link #1488
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Looks like the game to play after Monster Hunter Cross has been announced!
A new game for Shin Megami Tensei!
http://www.famitsu.com/news/201510/06090028.html

It seems they also redrew Medusa, since 4's version was... hideous. And not in a good, monster-ish way.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2015-10-15, 10:33   Link #1489
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Legend of Legacy... damn, that's pretty much Game of the Year for me being a SaGa fanatic. Challenging battle system, it putting emphasis on you trying to figure out how things work by experimenting, and of course, the feeling of "when am I going to 'spark' my next art" when facing dangerous foes. I haven't enjoyed a game as much as this since Persona 3!

I've got two complaints though:
1) Run being 100% successful, and you can run pretty much from anything not story related (and this being SaGa-inspired, that means almost no story XD). This means you can hit up a strong enemy to train up your skills, then run away to try again when things go south

2) Railroading. I personally hated at first SaGa's 'sandbox mode' where you are pretty much left to your own devices, but as I grew up I found that it was part of its charms. It isn't without its drawbacks (like wondering what to do next), but I found LoL to be too restrictive on your exploration.

Like sure, I kinda skipped the first boss at the water rioms because I thought I fully explored the forest ruins already, fully exploring up until the next ruin. So it still gives you a degree of freedom, but not allowing you for example, CHOOSE which ruin to go to next bothered me. But I guess they had to this since they did away the Battle Rank system, but still, I miss the freedom to do whatever you wanted.

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-11, 18:20   Link #1490
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

As expected, Morimoto-san is the one to replace Iwata-san for the Japanese Nintendo Direct.

Since it is coming out in less than a week, I wonder if Nintendo Direct will introduce Stella Glow in the US Nintendo Direct. It would really help with the exposure needed.

And I'll advertise it myself. Best RPG of the year, buy it.

Old 2015-11-12, 17:31   Link #1491
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Culdcept!
CULDCEPT!
UOOOOOOOOOOHH!!

Old 2015-11-12, 18:00   Link #1492
Urzu 7
Juanita/Kiteless

Confirmed in the Nintendo Direct. Dragon Quest VII for 3DS and Dragon Quest VIII for 3DS will be coming to North America. This is great news. I will buy both games.
Old 2015-11-12, 18:15   Link #1493
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
So after that Nintendo Direct... afew things to touch on...

- Haven't kept track on Final Fantasy Explorers looks like a Monster Hunting game to me... I'll still look into buying it, but honestly wasn't sure what to think about it.

- Not sure what people would buy either Fire Emblem Fates: Birthright or Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest... I assume most people interested in the game will just buy Fire Emblem Fates: Special Edition no?

- Pokemon Red, Blue, and Yellow coming to Nintendo 3DS eShop was nice news... but with added wireless trading/battling? That I wasn't expecting... think they'll take out some of the glitches like Missingo or catching Mew while they're at it?

- I was already aware that Hyrule Warriors Legends was coming with Tetra, Toon Link, King of Red Lions, and Skulls Kid.... but was really surprised to see Linkle (the female Link) becoming an actual character. It's not bad news, it's actually really really good news... though looks like she'll play more like Mamiya from Fist of the North Star: Ken's Rage.
Old 2015-11-12, 23:28   Link #1494
Chosen_Hero

Almost died laughing at that end.

Last edited by Chosen_Hero; 2016-04-21 at 00:35.
Chosen_Hero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-11-13, 04:19   Link #1495
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Oh thank GOD for VII and VIII. I mean... I already bought both of them in Japanese... But I always prefer understanding everything in a Dragon Quest game (because that's the main point).

This is wonderful news. I'm going to buy both of those games so hard. Now I have the perfect tool to practice my Japanese by comparing the text on both versions...

Anyway, also nice to see the three pokemon originals getting a spot as well.

That was some major hype.

Edit: the art style for super mystery dungeon is meh but the theme is amazing. I guess I'll buy it around day 1 or so. I'll just hope the storyline is good again this time.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 19:51   Link #1496
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Alright, took a break from FE:Fates after finishing chp20 and all the paralogues, so I decided to try Langrisser Incarnation. And WTF? Even the 16-bit series look better than this pile of dog crap. They really needn't make it 3d when the game is so simple. >_>

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-04-19, 20:57   Link #1497
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Not sure why you bought that. It was a visible land mine before it even came out in Japan.

Old 2016-04-30, 00:15   Link #1498
dniv
I’m sorry, Kamijou-san!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chosen_Hero View Post
I'm not nearly as cynical about Nintendo direct, but I have to admit, that was really funny.

Favorite Game Series: #0 The legend of heroes (everything but especially ZERO/AO) #1 Zero escape series. #2 Persona series. #3 Pokemon. #4 Bravely Default series. ; #5 Ace Attorney (including the spin-offs); #6 Legend of Zelda. #7 Dragon Quest (including the spin-offs)

Favorite Anime: Castle in the Sky (why is this so underrated ) Gankutsuou; Railgun S; Little Witch Academia (one of the most philosophically interesting/deep shows that I've seen, while also being the single most feel good of feel good shows that I have ever seen; literally the weirdest combination ever); Kill la Kill (because it saved anime )
dniv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2016-05-10, 18:47   Link #1499
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

http://live.nicovideo.jp/watch/lv262175994

Don't forget the upcoming Culdcept:Revolt Nintendo Direct coming up in less than half a day!
Otohime-sama kawaii! (And the mysterious ST40)

Old 2016-05-11, 14:58   Link #1500
Dextro
He Without a Title

2DS price dropped to $79, Disney Magical World 2 and Style Savvy 3 coming to North America

Quote:
Nintendo will permanently drop the price of its 2DS handheld from $99.99 to $79.99 starting May 20, the company announced. Some systems even come with Mario Kart 7 pre-installed.

The system, which plays 3DS games in 2D, first launched in October 2013.

In addition to the price drop, Nintendo announced it will release Style Savvy: Fasion Forward on August 19 and Disney Magical World 2 on October 14. Both titles were previously unconfirmed for North America.

Tags
3ds, dsi, nintendo, nintendo 3ds, nintendo ds