AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-11-15, 16:48   Link #3701
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Except Kenichi never had a huge hole in him...

I'm glad they aren't killing him though even though this is pretty crazy. XD
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 16:57   Link #3702
Fran~
floating away...

Well Kenichi already died not only fighting Koukin the first time, but training too... from a medic point of view, Apachai never died, he could be unconscious. Besides, Akisame and Ma are truly great doctors, so... i think that Matsuena wrote this in a acceptable way, because isn't like they gathered the dragonball's and asking to bring back Apachai... they are doing it by pure medicine.
Old 2010-11-15, 17:54   Link #3703
Terrean

If you guys want the manga to be realistic, you missed to jump off the train a long time ago.

It is far from being that but not as much as something like Dragonball.
It got a great story, great drawing, good characters and all - so why bothering about some revivals? I am glad when Apachai stays - it does not make the tension we had reading the last chapters any less good.

HSDK will stay a great weekly enjoyment for me.

btw, Shigure is 22? A hell of a body....
Old 2010-11-15, 18:26   Link #3704
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Send a message via MSN to Ravenblitz
lol I've been deceived by the chapter title...
Old 2010-11-15, 18:30   Link #3705
cyberdemon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
lol I've been deceived by the chapter title...
well it never specified whether it was the muay thai death god or the death god apachai asked for time from.
cyberdemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 18:36   Link #3706
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
well it never specified whether it was the muay thai death god or the death god apachai asked for time from.
I'm assuming since Akisame knows as the "A Doctor as scary as diseases and treatments" and Ma are handling this case *crossesfingers*
Old 2010-11-15, 19:30   Link #3707
Darkkiller0

This is all I got out of it: Epic pic.

Darkkiller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 21:17   Link #3708
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyberdemon View Post
It can mean a number of things. It can also mean despite being revived, Apachai won't be able to keep his title of Death God anymore, ie. he won't be able to fight.
Mizuno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-15, 21:56   Link #3709
Ravenblitz
|・ω・`)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkkiller0 View Post
This is all I got out of it: Epic pic.

insert a meme here lol
Old 2010-11-15, 23:39   Link #3710
Fran~
floating away...

Akisame and Ma sure are enjoying the situation...
Old 2010-11-15, 23:42   Link #3711
alucard13mm

ooo i forgot about kenichi XD.. i must start reading it again
Old 2010-11-15, 23:48   Link #3712
YaminoSeigi

If Apachai left to be dead it will certainly give the boost in Kenichi's character development though it is unlikely he is dead considering this series is a streamline shonen manga where the Main characters never die.
Old 2010-11-16, 09:59   Link #3713
Fran~
floating away...

Kenichi's character has been improved A LOT through the manga. He is not the same kid who avoided any risky situation... i would say that his big development started after his first battle against Koukin.
Old 2010-11-16, 10:49   Link #3714
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I think the very real prospect of losing one of his masters - as well as witnessing first hand just how far they are willing to go for him - is more than enough to improve his character and change his outlook on martial arts.

As for fixing Apachai's injury... Well, that is just the medical equivalent of a martial artist punching a guy through a concrete wall or deflecting bullets with a sword, or tying a knot with your elbows and untying it with the tip of a spear without causing undulations on the rope. Why is it that some things seem more absurd than others to people? And it's not like it came out of nowhere, it was already established that such medical feats were possible. I don't remember if it was Ma or Akisame who said "we spend so much time trying to destroy life that we end up learning a thing or two about preserving it" (something like that, I don't remember the exact words). Chikage's master was able to extend her life while keeping her youth, Akisame was able to heal Takeda's arm after every doctor told him he would never use it again, and so on. The precedent is there.

I don't know what's wrong with people nowadays, it's like the only possible way a story can be good is if it ends tragedy.

Last edited by aliasxn; 2010-11-16 at 11:08.
aliasxn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:12   Link #3715
Darkkiller0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenblitz View Post
insert a meme here lol

Lol, I just came up with that after messing around in photoshop for a bit. I wouldn't even know what to call it.
Darkkiller0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 12:27   Link #3716
ZeroForever

the main issue is that while the precedent exists for superhuman healing skills. The other masters clearily finished there fights alot earlier so if it wasn't a instantly fatal wound why were they sitting around instead of running over to fix it.
If he was dead, then they would be justified in not coming over immediately when they clearily all knew/felt that apachi had been hit with something dangerous/fatal.
Old 2010-11-16, 15:07   Link #3717
HayashiTakara
Chicken or Beef?

if he survives I call bullshit on all accounts and will be the single shittiest moment in the whole series.
HayashiTakara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 16:21   Link #3718
Kafriel
Senior Guest

^ Wait till he survives and comes back better than before and 1HKO's the next poor master that had the bad luck of running into him
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 16:38   Link #3719
Sinta

If he was going to die he should have when he went down; at this point he really should survive. Besides, Kenchi hasn't master Mui Tai yet; so much more to learn. I also also agreed about the precedent for crazy acts. There isn't much that is realistic in this manga. I think it comes to down to the story-telling aspect of the medium as opposed to how realistic it is to survive a punch through someone. (Which might I say is pretty un-realistic in and of itself.) If he does survive, while there could be wasted potential of the effect of a master's death on Kenchi, i don't think that fact inherently hurts the events that just came to past. It was still one of the best fights in the manga.

Last edited by Sinta; 2010-11-17 at 13:40.
Sinta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-16, 17:28   Link #3720
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by aliasxn View Post
I think the very real prospect of losing one of his masters - as well as witnessing first hand just how far they are willing to go for him - is more than enough to improve his character and change his outlook on martial arts.

As for fixing Apachai's injury... Well, that is just the medical equivalent of a martial artist punching a guy through a concrete wall or deflecting bullets with a sword, or tying a knot with your elbows and untying it with the tip of a spear without causing undulations on the rope. Why is it that some things seem more absurd than others to people? And it's not like it came out of nowhere, it was already established that such medical feats were possible. I don't remember if it was Ma or Akisame who said "we spend so much time trying to destroy life that we end up learning a thing or two about preserving it" (something like that, I don't remember the exact words). Chikage's master was able to extend her life while keeping her youth, Akisame was able to heal Takeda's arm after every doctor told him he would never use it again, and so on. The precedent is there.

I don't know what's wrong with people nowadays, it's like the only possible way a story can be good is if it ends tragedy.
Indeed. And, speaking of unrealistic things... How about training so hard you need resuscitation over and over again, and becoming stronger as a result, instead of getting crippled by the accumulated damage?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
shounen