AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > General Anime

Notices

Old 2014-05-18, 07:07   Link #41
itisjustme

I don't remember much it was ages ago, they were divorced or separated, something like that, he was the captain and she was the mayor (and still hot), they didn't show much of her while Max was portrayed as pretty dark from vague memories, they kinda make up a bit at the end though and both sortie and fight in their VFs IIRC.
itisjustme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-18, 07:48   Link #42
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisjustme View Post
I don't remember much it was ages ago, they were divorced or separated, something like that, he was the captain and she was the mayor (and still hot), they didn't show much of her while Max was portrayed as pretty dark from vague memories, they kinda make up a bit at the end though and both sortie and fight in their VFs IIRC.
Max & Miria already divorced during Macross 7 (from what the bridge bunnies said) and not really in good terms for many times, but they don’t really hate each other either (lingering feelings is obviously there). They did fight together in kickass Red & Blue Valkyries (I forgot the type) in the last big fight against Gepelnitch (the leader of Protodeviln) and survived. The end of the anime itself didn’t say much about their relationship after the final fight, but it is hinted that after being so close to death, they kinda made up (but still not sure whether they decided to re-marry or not).

Max indeed became less "fabulous" and turned into a lot more serious commander in Macross 7, but he still have comedic moments (usually involving Miria & his daughter Mylene ).

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2014-05-18 at 10:40. Reason: Pointless bickering removed...
Obelisk ze Tormentor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 15:24   Link #43
Mad Pierrot
Corrupted fool

Mine would be Sousuke Sagara from Full Metal Panic, Kira Yamato from Gundam SEED, Setsuna F. Seiei from 00 and Simon from Gurren Lagann

Last edited by Mad Pierrot; 2014-05-23 at 15:48.
Mad Pierrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-23, 15:45   Link #44
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Max & Miria already divorced during Macross 7 (from what the bridge bunnies said) and not really in good terms for many times, but they don’t really hate each other either (lingering feelings is obviously there). They did fight together in kickass Red & Blue Valkyries (I forgot the type) in the last big fight against Gepelnitch (the leader of Protodeviln) and survived. The end of the anime itself didn’t say much about their relationship after the final fight, but it is hinted that after being so close to death, they kinda made up (but still not sure whether they decided to re-marry or not).

Max indeed became less "fabulous" and turned into a lot more serious commander in Macross 7, but he still have comedic moments (usually involving Miria & his daughter Mylene ).
Well it was after 20 years of marriage and 7 kids. Still a kickass pilot even after all that time driving a warship.
Old 2014-05-23, 15:48   Link #45
Bri

I'm not sure Max and Milia were divorced, more like estranged partners.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 04:17   Link #46
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I'm not sure Max and Milia were divorced, more like estranged partners.
Well, I'm sure, because the characters in the series itself said so. I've watched it myself (but forgot which episode )

Additionally, I know Wiki is not the most dependable source of info, but here's a line from them just FYI:
"Max and Milia, in addition to being legally separated from each other, are also separated from most of their children"
Old 2014-05-24, 11:56   Link #47
Faerie
Joseph Defense Squad

Hmm.. *scratches head* has to be Zechs/Milliardo/whatever he currently likes to call himself, since he's the first one that comes to mind.

Honourable mentions would go to a lot of people.
Old 2014-05-24, 14:01   Link #48
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Well, I'm sure, because the characters in the series itself said so. I've watched it myself (but forgot which episode )

Additionally, I know Wiki is not the most dependable source of info, but here's a line from them just FYI:
"Max and Milia, in addition to being legally separated from each other, are also separated from most of their children"
I have seen it as well, but I did not remember a formal divorce being mentioned.

Legally separated is not the same as divorced. The couple is still considered married in case of separation. The Japanese Macross wiki page also lists them as married but living apart.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-24, 20:10   Link #49
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
I have seen it as well, but I did not remember a formal divorce being mentioned.

Legally separated is not the same as divorced. The couple is still considered married in case of separation. The Japanese Macross wiki page also lists them as married but living apart.
Well, for one, I remember one bridge bunny asked whether Max and Milia were divorced (or no longer husband & wife depending on translation), then the other bridge bunny confirmed it. And I know bridge bunnies like to gossip, but the atmosphere of the conversation at the time was quite serious. And I vaguely remember either Max or Milia confirmed it (rather implied rather than outright). Also, this is an anime, how much further you want the characters to confirm that they’re divorced? I believe just mentioning that they’re no longer husband and wife is enough.

Anyway, I’m not gonna re-watch the 40+ episodes of Macross 7 just to confirm this trivial matter (I’d like to, but I don’t have that much free time ). You can either take my word for it or don’t believe me at all, it's up to you. All in all, I can be wrong, and if you have something from the anime to proof me wrong, I’ll welcome it with open arms. It’s not like I’m anti-correction .
Old 2014-05-25, 01:44   Link #50
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

In term of pure skill - Setsuna and his various incarnation of Gundams

In term of among the average - C.C and her pink Lancelot

In term of light hearted content anime - Reiji and his Starbuild Strike

In term of piloting an mecha that doesn't have a humanoid form - L-elf and his ARUS's fighter

In term of noob to pro - Yuuya and his waifu(Shiranui)

In term of tsudere-ness - Asuka and her EVA

In term of intelligent - Lelouch and his I-forgot-what-it-called Knightmare Frame.

In term of piloting an awesome designed mecha - Cain and his Dainsleif or Dainsvrave

In term of bishounen-ness - A-drei and his Valvrave ugly knock off

In term of piloting an mecha with an elegant design with an elegant fighting style and being my absolutely most adored favorite mecha pilot of all time - Saki Rukino and her green Valvrave, Hinowa.

Last edited by DevilHighDxD; 2014-05-25 at 02:02.
DevilHighDxD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-25, 04:28   Link #51
Revan21

Char Aznable, of course
Old 2014-05-27, 14:13   Link #52
Wandering Soul

Honestly there are a lot of Mecha Pilots so it's hard to pick just one.

1-Setsuna from Gundam 00
2- Shinji from Evangelion
3-Kallen from Code geass
4-Simon from Gurren lagann
5-Kira from Gundam seed

Honorable mentions goes to a lot of pilots.
Old 2014-05-28, 05:09   Link #53
Traece
:cool:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revan21 View Post
Char Aznable, of course
Char Aznable is good stuff.

The Red Comet is an easy choice though. I like to go even further back to the true aces of the OYW.

All about that Norris Packard and Ramba Ral. To date my favorite episode in the franchise is the one where Norris Packard schools 08th MS Team, and in a Gouf Custom no less.

Norris Packard and Ramba Ral are really the epitome of the Gundam franchises "old war aces". No matter how good the main characters were these aces were better, and both casts of protagonists were forced to recognize that.

Sure, they both lost, but in the end they both accomplished their missions (sort of, with one of them. In Ramba Ral's case it wasn't entirely his fault. Norris definitely did though).

Ramba Ral especially was such an iconic character that he's been recreated in most of the ensuing Gundams to a lesser extent. Norris was obviously one such person (though he's just as much of a badass as Ramba Ral). There was the desert ace in Seed, the old Russian guy from 00, and so on.

What can I say? These are no rivals boy, no rivals.
Old 2014-06-02, 21:18   Link #54
kirikirito334

You already mentioned mine Domon Kasshu - Mobile Fighter G Gundam
kirikirito334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 05:03   Link #55
JKL
Kyuuketsuki

Char is cool but I always liked Lt. Ramba Ral.
JKL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 07:34   Link #56
grylsyjaeger
Onani Master

Send a message via MSN to grylsyjaeger
Sousuke Sagara from FMP!

Bad ass professional.

"It doesn't mean much, we never had a chance."
grylsyjaeger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-03, 09:37   Link #57
Ragna92

Male: Char Aznable
Female: Haman Karn
Ragna92 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-05, 22:30   Link #58
Infinite Zenith
Operation sneaky sneaks
*IT Support

Gundam 00's Graham Aker (not his Mr. Bushido alias) wins out here for me. Hot-blooded and incredibly skilled, he's able to hold his own against Gundams using the Union Flag, which happens to be one of my favourite mass-production units
Old 2014-06-06, 03:21   Link #59
Tenzen12

To be honest, I think most pilots from gundam show are overrated, but if I should pick some It would be,:

Judah - with his unconvential tactics and good personality.
Roux - for being one of two females pilot that deserve to be called ace (both from ZZ).

Enil El - Same reason as Roux, she is that second one (After War Gundam)
Lance Garfield - Cool guy with one hand, Gouf custom who doesn't need new type jobber aura nor red painting to do what he does best. To be badass ( Giren Ansatsu Keikaku)
Tenzen12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-06-06, 13:13   Link #60
Miraluka
Banned

Patrick Colosaur
Seriously, one of the luckiest pilots despite being a secondary characters and I still remember him .

Char Aznable
Do I need to say why?
Miraluka is offline   Reply With Quote