AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2008-05-01, 22:11   Link #2101
Hemisphere
見習い魔剣使い

Hahaha, I know, I noticed that earlier on in the demo. I was laughing so hard when I saw that background CG!
Old 2008-05-02, 06:26   Link #2102
LoSs

Oh god, i cant wait form my G-sen no Maou anymore.
LoSs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-02, 21:22   Link #2103
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnishida
Next: Chaos;Head!
I hope you're ready for some mental trauma for completing this game. Half-completing this game is the best way to play. Prepare to send curses to whoever making the scenario for B Route. I haven't tried the underwear patch, but considering its size (400+ MB), it better have something else added for the scenario itself to fix B route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HashiriyaR32
It's time to play........SPOT THE ANIME REFERENCES!!!!!!

Take a look at this background CG from 11eyes. List EVERY single item you recognize.
Man, that's a LOT!. Takumi's room from Chaos;Head also had some direct anime/game references, and didn't even got a censor! I think they managed to ask for permission for each thing they showed.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-05, 21:13   Link #2104
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Because the Chaos;Head discussion was already approaching 10 posts (and they were all basically talking about game endings), I split off that discussion to a new Chaos;Head thread. I would encourage everyone to continue the more detailed discussion of that game over there. Thanks!
Old 2008-05-05, 21:29   Link #2105
DarkWarrior
Anaheim Electronics

There's already a Chaos;Head thread relentlessflame, so you might want to merge those two together.

Anyways, tried out the Natsuzora Kanata trial, and it seemed pretty interesting. Not fond of the whole memory loss thing though (ef a tale of memories comes to mind), but we'll see how it plays out.
DarkWarrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 01:14   Link #2106
Kresnik
Anti-Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkWarrior View Post
There's already a Chaos;Head thread relentlessflame, so you might want to merge those two together.

Anyways, tried out the Natsuzora Kanata trial, and it seemed pretty interesting. Not fond of the whole memory loss thing though (ef a tale of memories comes to mind), but we'll see how it plays out.
@relentlessflame: Yes, I thought it should be merged too.

But it seems Chihaya in Natsuzora Kanata is a little different from Chihiro from ef in terms of their memory loss condition. Chihaya able to remember several days of her memories without losing it, then losing them altogether. While Chihiro will be able to remember as long as she keeps on remembering it, then if she skips the schedule she lose all of them. I don't know which one is more miserable than the other, but Chihiro might be worse off.
Kresnik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-06, 23:17   Link #2107
relentlessflame

*Administrator

You're both right about there already being a thread, but that makes the whole thing even more perplexing. If there was already a thread for it, why was everypme discussing the ending routes here? I thought "surely, they must be doing this because they don't know whether it warrants a topic of its own", but apparently I was wrong...

In general, I've found that this thread sometimes feels like it's becoming almost a chatroom/twitter collection for anything ero-game related, and that really isn't the point of this thread...
Old 2008-05-06, 23:19   Link #2108
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Yeah, it does kind of feel like this is a "favorite eroge" thread and an "eroge news" thread and a "what eroge are you currently playing" thread all mashed up into one.
Dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-07, 02:55   Link #2109
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Well, in the spirit of the thread, the latest game that has my attention is Fizz's Asanagi no Aquanauts. Only played through one route so far (that of the titular heroine, Mio), but I've been quite pleased with it on the whole.

Useless without pics, so...
Spoiler for Box Cover Art (Slightly NSFW):
Spoiler for LE/Pre-Order Goodies (Illustration Book, Bonus Disc Cover, and Telecard) (More NSFW than above):
(By the way, the School Swimsuit disc is a patch disc that simply converts all of the normal in-game swimsuits into school swimsuits, if that's your preference... It doesn't actually change any game files, though, so you can turn it on or off by just renaming the patch install folder.)

Shinova already posted a summary of the trial version, which is basically the first hour or so of the game, so I guess there's no need to repeat the basic premise. So I'll jump straight to impressions (I'll use two levels of spoiler tags -- one for mild spoilers/the first few hours-ish, and the another for comments about the end-game scenario/overall).

Spoiler for General Impressions of Premise and Characters (Light Spoilers only):
Anyway, from where I stand so far, I wouldn't have any problem recommending the full game to anyone who enjoyed the trial. I didn't feel it was necessarily quite as solid as a romantic comedy as something like Tsunagaru Bangle (which was a riot), and it doesn't quite have the writing chops of a big-name production, but it brings a lot of fun (if not entirely original) ideas to the table and combines them in a pretty decent way. Worth a look, anyway.
Old 2008-05-27, 16:24   Link #2110
Vash002
Ready to Boast

I just started this game: Chrono Belt.
It's a crossover between Ayakashibito and Bullet Butlers (Propeller's best games), and I must say, it's pretty cool. OST is awesome and the art is beautiful (Chuuouhigashiguchi is the designer, hell yeah).
Gameplay is simple, end the two paths you can select, and then you unlock the main and third route. The voice acting is superb.

Too bad I still don't know how to save the game (Probably because I need to install it and I'm just playing directly from the DVD); anyway, I recommend this novel, it has comedy (Really funny), mistery, action, etc.
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-27, 16:58   Link #2111
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Just finished Propeller's Chrono Belt (the crossover sequel to Ayakashibito and Bullet Butlers). It was really damn good, not to mention full of surprises. I cried a lot. However, I definitely wouldn't recommend playing it without knowledge of both the previous games.

EDIT: Dammit!! Beaten by a few seconds. XD
Old 2008-05-28, 00:50   Link #2112
MeganeShounen
Huh?

How should I put this... wasn't Marmalade supposed to release a fandisc of sorts for their recent games like Lyrical Lyric?

Just posting a blogpost link about said game.

Good thing it's just an advertisement for the real game, since I don't think they'd allow ero content on consoles and all.

Erhjegel would also be hot on the trail of this game, I suppose.
MeganeShounen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-05-28, 22:14   Link #2113
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Tentacle-genre... huh? ^_^;

My pick would go to Inyouchuu (淫妖蟲). I think it's the most hardcore tentacle game I've seen so far. Then again, I'm no expert at these things...
Old 2008-06-03, 17:43   Link #2114
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Just got my copy of ef - the latter tale.

Will be interesting to see how much Chihiro's story follows the anime. I just started, but I already get the sense that the ratio of regular standing drawings is higher here than in the first tale... could be just me, though; it's been a while.
Old 2008-06-05, 09:42   Link #2115
MeganeShounen
Huh?

Seems like the Oretsuba ~Prelude~ was leaked.
OP, in the spoiler link.

Spoiler for the OP:

EDIT: The Youtube tag won't work properly, for some reason...
Old 2008-06-06, 13:08   Link #2116
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
Today, I finished Yuzu Soft's latest game: Natsuzora Kanata!

There are no words that can express how much I loved this game! The story, the visuals, the music, the characters! It was worth waiting all this time for this game! Yuzu Soft didn't let me down this time either! In fact, it was better than I had expected!

My only dissatisfaction is would be:
Spoiler for Chihaya's Route Spoiler:
Old 2008-06-09, 18:08   Link #2117
Dagger
Nitro+ fan

Got delayed a bit, but finally finished ef - the latter tale. It was beautiful, of course. Mizuki's story was by far my favorite in either game (unsurprising, since she's my favorite of the female characters, and Kuze ended up being my favorite of the guys).

TBH, the only thing keeping ef from being way high up in my top ten is the fact that I actually didn't like Yuuko's chapter very much. As a story and as the framework for the rest of the game, it was fantastic... this is especially apparent in the present-day epilogue. Some aspects of her character just didn't hang together very well for me, though.

Also, it's kind of obnoxious that--as was the case with the first tale--such a cinematic game doesn't have a proper scene replay list, but that's purely a gripe with the system.

Still, Mizuki makes everything better. Not to mention the powerful direction and great music and so forth. I was delighted that Shaft did a bit of animation at the end there.
Old 2008-06-14, 22:47   Link #2118
Newprimus
NO ESCAPE FROM NYAAA
*Artist

http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=533245
http://www.a-kaguya.com/products_BY/prima/index.html

(NSFW for above links)

Played the trial of Prima Stella which is by Atelier Kaguya Berkshire Yorkshire. Here's what I have to say about the trial:

Spoiler for space:
Old 2008-06-14, 22:52   Link #2119
HashiriyaR32
GT-R Fanatic

Kobayakawa Miyuki

STOP!! HAMMERZEIT!!!!!

What are the chances that an eroge character would share a name with a You're Under Arrest! character!?!
Old 2008-06-15, 08:54   Link #2120
johnishida
Bishoujo Lover!

Send a message via MSN to johnishida
I finished Chaos;Head recently but, instead of playing G線上の魔王 I decided to play 11eyes and Princess Frontier first.

So far, 11eyes been pretty good... Misuzu-senpai :3

Tags
bishoujo game, ero-game, eroge, visual novel