AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

View Poll Results: Code Geass R2 - Episode 18 Rating
Perfect 10 271 67.25%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 73 18.11%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 6.70%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 2.98%
6 out of 10 : Average 4 0.99%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 0.99%
4 out of 10 : Poor 2 0.50%
3 out of 10 : Bad 4 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 1.49%
Voters: 403. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-08-10, 13:51   Link #421
prototype_sky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sLum View Post
They were both Lelouch's fault although both faults were complete and utter mistakes. I feel sorry for Lelouch he has finally lost everything dear to him.
He still have the knights for the time being.

But with that show of force by brittania the other nations are going to piss their pants

I mean they nuke their own city just to get their, so they'd have no reservations about using it on enemy territory
prototype_sky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:03   Link #422
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zenemis View Post
I would've preferred it if Lelouch screamed out for Guilford instead.

I know I did.
Haha

Well, poor Guilford.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:05   Link #423
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquaman OS View Post
About the pointless characters and mechs that show up for 5 secs and then never appear again I can only guess that Sunrise twists the directors arm to throw this stuff in like in GSD and he obliges by only giving them minimal appearance time so he can get back to his story. That's the only explaination I can think of for stuff like the girls in ep 12 who got a page in magazines (so the horney fanboys would tune in naturally) only to have less than 10 secs of screentime total.

Since the DVD sales were such a smash hit I guess the director got a free pass to do what he wants this season and not have to try to find a fanbase.

I've noticed the difference in tone myself. Note that everything this season has taken a backseat to Lelouch's angst and drama.
I think you mean Bandai. Bandai is the one interested in marketing mechs for model kits etc.

Oh yes and this day August 10th, 2008 the Shrike Team from Victory Gundam saw their title stolen by the Valkyrie Team from Code Geass R2. The title for quickest death of an female fighting team ever.

As for Luciano Bradley, did people really think his character was going anywhere? I mean a character so black in his personality like this is the classic once off villain of the likes you saw in U.C Gundam sent out of desperation to do some damage to the "good guys". They never last more then a few episodes at best and serve as little more then obstacles with names and a short backstory. Heck sometimes they barely even last one episode.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2008-08-10 at 14:20.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:12   Link #424
Takutosuki
Never forget old animes

hm.... by the way, why did Guildford get 10 second screentime before he died, and nunally got about 5 seconds without speaking a word. if she actually died, i would have thought she would have at least thought "brother..." or something before she died a very sad death, with some kind of flashback to their childhood or something... i mean, she wasn't that much of a bi-character!! sure, maybe the screentime wasn't enough, but since it's the whole plot-turning-event in the episode (and the whole series) it would have been given more time.
hm. it just doesn't make sense that nunnally would die here. it's too sudden, too uncertain.... too much unsolved. i am now convinced that she is alive.
Takutosuki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:14   Link #425
Midonin
Last Engage

Been a long time since I've been speechless at the end of an episode.

Lelouche and Rollo planning against each other, as they always have been, was interesting, and it was nice seeing Sayoko in action. Nina continues to be as mentally unsound as she's ever been, and the new Guren is incredibly awesome. Some of the best mecha action I've seen. Good to have Knight of 10 out of the way.

Chuckled a bit when Anya and Lelouche were squaring off against each other, only because I half-imagined it as Kei and Hikari fighting each other with mecha. Looks like there's more hints to Anya, though. Then that blasted Live Geass had to come back into play, and...wow. That's quite a cliffhanger.

Some of the drama was slightly dissolved by Lelouche being called "Princess" by Guilford in his final moments, but again - that is one hell of a cliffhanger.

No dialogue for the preview, so whatever's to come...

Next week needs to get here, and quick.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:24   Link #426
Diedrupo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ascaloth View Post
He dodged and got clear. There was no reason why he couldn't make a run for it. It wasn't a "use FREIJA and live, or die" situation, at least the way it looked to me.
He was 100% under the control of the geass at that point, meaning that under its spell, he decided using Freyja was the only way to live. Besides, if he hadn't used it, so what if he dodged? Kallen would have gone after him and presumably killed him.

Stop blaming Suzaku for deliberately launching Frejya. Not only did he do it because of the geass, but he won't remember doing it because nobody remembers what they do when under Lelouch's geass.

In the end, it's an unfortunate accident caused by the geass.

Anyway, great ep. Looks like the Geass website isn't showing who's dead and who isn't anymore, since Guilford is clearly dead but doesn't have "Dead" stamped on him like V.V. does. Does give some hope that Nunally might be alive, but I doubt it given the impact of the weapon shown afterwards.
Diedrupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:25   Link #427
DarkLordOfkichiku

Hmm, some people thought it was bad writting about Suzaku firing the Freya in that situation and I'm sort of inclined to agree, but after watchign the sub, it's clear that he was just too stubborn about wanting to take out Zero, even when he was clearly outmatched. and he had once again adopted his "I want to die as my atonement"-mental state, so what do you expect...
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:30   Link #428
demon_god04
~Hi -mi- tsu des~

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
Hmm, some people thought it was bad writting about Suzaku firing the Freya in that situation and I'm sort of inclined to agree, but after watchign the sub, it's clear that he was just too stubborn about wanting to take out Zero, even when he was clearly outmatched. and he had once again adopted his "I want to die as my atonement"-mental state, so what do you expect...
The thing is though he was so adamant about making Zero atone at the start and then it turns into "I will die for my atonement" ? It just seems to me that he is all over the place.
demon_god04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:32   Link #429
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diedrupo View Post
He was 100% under the control of the geass at that point, meaning that under its spell, he decided using Freyja was the only way to live. Besides, if he hadn't used it, so what if he dodged? Kallen would have gone after him and presumably killed him.

Stop blaming Suzaku for deliberately launching Frejya. Not only did he do it because of the geass, but he won't remember doing it because nobody remembers what they do when under Lelouch's geass.

In the end, it's an unfortunate accident caused by the geass.

Anyway, great ep. Looks like the Geass website isn't showing who's dead and who isn't anymore, since Guilford is clearly dead but doesn't have "Dead" stamped on him like V.V. does. Does give some hope that Nunally might be alive, but I doubt it given the impact of the weapon shown afterwards.
There's something suspcious about Nunnally and Sayoko.

Did Miss Royhenmer switched places or something? (Like set up a decoy which placed Nunnally elsewhere?) Because she wasn't with her right?

Quote:
The thing is though he was so adamant about making Zero atone at the start and then it turns into "I will die for my atonement" ? It just seems to me that he is all over the place.
What's even more sillier was that everyone seemed to have forgotten about Suzaku's LIVE geass. Lelouch should've had it cancelled out to ensure that Suzaku doesn't fight harder to survive.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:32   Link #430
Diedrupo

Quote:
Suzaku wasn't "stubborn" about taking out Zero, he repeatedly told Lelouch to stop fighting. If anything, Lelouch was too stubborn to listen, and he could have avoided all this by withdrawing.

Lelouch also made a stupid mistake of trusting Rolo again. If anything, all of the mistakes and tragedies that occured in this ep are a result of Lelouch's bad judgment calls.

Quote:
There's something suspcious about Nunnally and Sayoko.

Did Miss Royhenmer switched places or something? (Like set up a decoy which placed Nunnally elsewhere?) Because she wasn't with her right?
Well regardless of any theory, we saw the light approaching Nunally and Lohmeyer, so the only way they could have survived is by some kind of plot hax (I'm thinking Charles has a minion with an insta-teleportation geass).
Old 2008-08-10, 14:34   Link #431
Aquaman OS

Quote:
all of the mistakes and tragedies that occured in this ep are a result of Lelouch's bad judgment calls.
That's turning out to be the theme of the show apparantly.
Aquaman OS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:35   Link #432
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Quote:
Lelouch also made a stupid mistake of trusting Rolo again. If anything, all of the mistakes and tragedies that occured in this ep are a result of Lelouch's bad judgment calls.
Nunnally was screwed either way.

She was either going to die by Rollo's hands or Freya.
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:37   Link #433
Dream_Traveller
Banned

Uh, Kaioshin, the Shrike Team as a whole lasted until the final episode of the series. Here, the Valkyries were killed off in five seconds flat.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:39   Link #434
DarkLordOfkichiku

Quote:
Suzaku wasn't "stubborn" about taking out Zero, he repeatedly told Lelouch to stop fighting. If anything, Lelouch was too stubborn to listen, and he could have avoided all this by withdrawing.
Well, BOTH were stubborn as I see it. But Lelouch had a good reason as he thought he had been betrayed. Would you trust someone you thought had betrayed you? <_<.

Quote:
Right, he should have killed Suzaku in season 1 instead of giving him a Live-geass - letting a strong enemy live is always the wrong thing to do after all...

Quote:
Well regardless of any theory, we saw the light approaching Nunally and Lohmeyer, so the only way they could have survived is by some kind of plot hax (I'm thinking Charles has a minion with an insta-teleportation geass).
The much-rumored Third Geass-user (or perhaps code-holder)?
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:40   Link #435
SeedFreedom
Hina is my goddess
*Graphic Designer

I'm gonna join the sceptics and say,
Spoiler for ep 18:

And i also want to mention how much this geass has come to bite him in the butt. If it was me, i woulda geassed him to protect me. That woulda seriously screwed up suzaku.
SeedFreedom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:40   Link #436
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dream_Traveller View Post
Uh, Kaioshin, the Shrike Team as a whole lasted until the final episode of the series. Here, the Valkyries were killed off in five seconds flat.
Yeah. Shrike Team's successor was the Astray Girls, who lasted roughly half a show. These girls? Dead within two episodes.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:42   Link #437
Dream_Traveller
Banned

I really would have liked to have seen more of the Valkyries, personally.
Dream_Traveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:42   Link #438
-Khardis-

Some how, I just don't see Nunally actually being dead. Just like in any other movie, comic, manga or anime. If you didn't see it and get a 5 min dramatic speed, then it probably didn't happen. Shirley got practically half an episode on her demise. If Nunally were actually dead they would have made it far more dramatic. I'm sure We'll be seeing Nunally agian at some point.
-Khardis- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-10, 14:42   Link #439
Diedrupo

Quote:
Well, BOTH were stubborn as I see it. But Lelouch had a good reason as he thought he had been betrayed. Would you trust someone you thought had betrayed you? <_<.
That says more about Lelouch than Suzaku though. It's not Suzaku's fault that Lelouch thought he betrayed him.

Quote:
Right, he should have killed Suzaku in season 1 instead of giving him a Live-geass - letting a strong enemy live is always the wrong thing to do after all...
No, cause then he would have died too. He *had* to live geass him then, and this culminated in the nuking of tokyo a year later. My point is that nobody is really to blame for this, it's an accident. People don't give Lelouch crap for what he did to Euphie, so Suzaku should get the same benefit.

Quote:
The much-rumored Third Geass-user (or perhaps code-holder)?
One can only hope.
Old 2008-08-10, 14:44   Link #440
skyexero

Quote:

So you're saying Lelouch should've withdrawn because his "friend" who he though had just betrayed him asked him to? Okay that makes sense
skyexero is offline   Reply With Quote