AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2010-11-07, 23:13   Link #41
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

The first season is six episodes.

Pretty smart way to divert zombies, I probably wouldn't have had the fortitude to do the deed myself, though.

Yuck.

Last edited by Dilla; 2010-11-07 at 23:29.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 00:34   Link #42
GuidoHunter_Toki
Wiggle Your Big Toe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lost Cause View Post
Somebody said 6. Just got thru watchin ep.2 and it was GOOD! Loved Glen he a kick in the pants! And the idea of covering yourself with dead guts to mask your "living smell", I would have never thought of that one!
And the closeing scene was epic! Challanger FTW!
Yea Glen is awesome.

I wonder though isn't he going to meet up with the others outside the city? At the end there it just seemed as though he was driving off into the distance on his own.
GuidoHunter_Toki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 02:01   Link #43
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

at the end where hes driving the car, that would be me XD I'd totally be enjoying that baby.
Old 2010-11-08, 02:07   Link #44
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuidoHunter_Toki View Post
Yea Glen is awesome.

I wonder though isn't he going to meet up with the others outside the city? At the end there it just seemed as though he was driving off into the distance on his own.
I assume that the highway is the only clear way out of the city so he will stop and wait somewhere down the road outside city limits, or Grimes told him where to meet back up at some point.
Old 2010-11-08, 11:12   Link #45
justinstrife

Send a message via AIM to justinstrife
Glen's a great character. I hope he continues to get screen time as the series goes on.

Oh and I hope our Hero hooks up with that blonde. His wife doesn't deserve him. To quote someone, she's a slut.
justinstrife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:51   Link #46
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinstrife View Post
Oh and I hope our Hero hooks up with that blonde. His wife doesn't deserve him. To quote someone, she's a slut.
Isn't that a little unfair? Until we get some sort of confirmation that they had an affair pre-apocalypse (even then, their home life is a mystery to us), there is nothing wrong with her "leaning on" her and her son's protector after her husband is presumed dead (considering he was in a hospital with dozens if not hundreds of dead bodies, right next to some sort of military encampment (with a large amount of dead), there is no reason why Rick's wife should have assumed he would still be alive).

Additionally, Andrea, the blonde, is played by Laurie Holden, best known on these forums as the hot blonde police officer from the Silent Hill movie, or for her reoccurring role on X-Files (she was also in Frank Darabont's The Mist, but I do not know how many have seen that).

---

That being said, very good episode. Extremely tense, with some great moments throughout. The boom of thunder near the end of the episode (right before the camera pulls back enough for us to see that Atlanta si about to get some showers) was just wonderful, especially on Surround Sound; I literally jumped out of my seat . Good times.

And LOL at Michael Rooker yet again playing a white supremacist hick. And now Norman Reedus, of Boondock Saints fame, is his brother...poor Michael Rooker .

Btw, Glen is spelled Glenn in the credits...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyero Fox View Post
at the end where hes driving the car, that would be me XD I'd totally be enjoying that baby.
That was a new Dodge Challenger, right (someone who would know)? Pretty sweet.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 11:56   Link #47
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Quote:
Glen's a great character. I hope he continues to get screen time as the series goes on.

Glen, the hero's BFF?
Old 2010-11-08, 11:56   Link #48
justinstrife

She's a slut because she didn't wait very long to move onto the next guy without knowing. Rick wasn't left alone in that hospital for more than a week or two without anyone being there. He wouldn't be alive if he had been abandoned for months or longer. And sure there's a good chance she was having an affair on him before, we don't know that. Which makes it even worse if that's found out to be the case.

I mean for crying outloud, she could afford to wait a few months at the very least before she hooks up with the next guy. She had NO idea if he was dead or not. She never saw his body.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:10   Link #49
james0246

Quote:
She's a slut because she didn't wait very long to move onto the next guy without knowing. Rick wasn't left alone in that hospital for more than a week or two without anyone being there. He wouldn't be alive if he had been abandoned for months or longer. And sure there's a good chance she was having an affair on him before, we don't know that. Which makes it even worse if that's found out to be the case.

I mean for crying outloud, she could afford to wait a few months at the very least before she hooks up with the next guy. She had NO idea if he was dead or not. She never saw his body.
We have no idea how long Rick's been out of it. A gunshot wound can take months to heal (especially one that seemed to hit his lung), and considering the level of decay the world has fallen to, it seems more than obvious the Rick's coma lasted at least 6 weeks, and probably longer (the only reason he seems to have woken up was due to the power shutting down in the hospital). (Additionally, Morgan, in the first episode, more or less said the world had fallen apart over months, not days.) That being said, we do not know he has been abandoned for months. The Hospital had certainly been abandoned for awhile, but it is possible that up until it was abandoned, the nurses and staff still took care of him, and Rick's wife could have abandoned the area before the hospital was abandoned (thinking he was dead already).

In other words, we have no idea of the timeline while Rick was in a coma, but it has definitely been longer than just a few days or even a few weeks.

That being said, how can any of us judge the emotional state of anyone that has survived something these characters have supposedly survived? That is not to say that pure chaos rules, but damn if a strained mind wouldn't do stupid things in order to ease some of that stress. Additionally, for all we know, she is literally using her body to get someone to protect her and her son (in which case, she is a damn good mother).

In the end, in case of an apocalypse, her sole duty is to her child, not her husband lying comatose in a hospital overrun by Zombie: her duty as a Mother far outweighs her duty as a Wife. So even if she abandoned her husband while she still knew him to be alive, it wouldn't matter as so long as she did it for her child (if she did it for another man, though...well that is a horse of a different colour).

No, I am not willing to call her a "slut" just yet. If we find out for certain that she was having an affair when Rick was still known to be alive, then the word (or at least your application of the word) might be applicable, but, even then, without knowing their situation at home pre-apocalypse, I'd still be unwilling to use such a phrase so lightly.

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-08 at 12:20.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:23   Link #50
justinstrife

Well the first person I heard to use that word was a mother and wife on this very forum James, so your opinion seems to be flawed a bit. :hehe: And we know Rick couldn't have been left alone in that hospital for more than a week or two. He'd be dead without nutrients.

And using her body to protect her son? She shacked up with her husband's partner! I'm sorry James, but I don't buy your argument one bit. If the guy was a rapist and a murderer, I could see your point. But it's her husband's partner for crying outloud.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:33   Link #51
james0246

Quote:
Well the first person I heard to use that word was a mother and wife on this very forum James, so your opinion seems to be flawed a bit. :hehe:
Then I guess I also disagree with Lost Cause on the use of the word .

Quote:
And using her body to protect her son? She shacked up with her husband's partner! I'm sorry James, but I don't buy your argument one bit. If the guy was a rapist and a murderer, I could see your point. But it's her husband's partner for crying outloud.
Sex can be an effective tool at times, getting men or women to do what you want (I'm sure any adult knows this ), so I do not see what is so strange about a woman using their body to gain a protector in the events of a Zombie Apocalypse (I don't kow why the person being a family friend should matter more). Is it degrading? Sure as hell, but pride means nothing if you are defenseless and can get killed in the mean time. And if she is doing it to protect her child? Then hell yes. A parents first duty should always be toward their child.

But, as I said, we do not know the timeline, so I don't see why we are trying to make any value judgments just yet. Next episode will feature their confrontation, so we'll know for sure in just 6 days .

Last edited by james0246; 2010-11-08 at 14:08.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:35   Link #52
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Wasn't it implied that the wife had taken their son and bailed on him prior to him getting shot? When he was complaining to his partner about how cold-blooded she had handled it at the beginning of the first episode before the shoot-out?

My memory is a bit hazy.
Old 2010-11-08, 12:39   Link #53
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
Wasn't it implied that the wife had taken their son and bailed on him prior to him getting shot? When he was complaining to his partner about how cold-blooded she had handled it at the beginning of the first episode before the shoot-out?

My memory is a bit hazy.
Yes, that was implied, which is why I want to know more about what was going on at their home before I make any value judgement. Which is why the next episode is so important . (btw, Her leaving Rick before he was shot does not immediatly mean she was having an affair.)
Old 2010-11-08, 12:44   Link #54
justinstrife

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post

My memory is a bit hazy.
I don't recall him saying that his wife had left him. I do remember they had been fighting. Need to go back and see the first part of that episode.
Old 2010-11-08, 19:01   Link #55
Wargumm1i
Hentai

There will be a second season.
Wargumm1i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:02   Link #56
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

its been a month after the shot hasnt it? I bet he'll he happy his friend has kept them safe, he might be fine if she decided to move on.
Old 2010-11-08, 22:03   Link #57
Lost Cause

Ok fellas chill! First off the mood of the coversation in the first episode between Grimes and his deputy was that there was a potential rift between him and his "wife". So possibly it might be that he and she were not getting along or an affair had ensued.
Second I remember my vows quite well;"To love, honor, obey(still having problems with that one!) in SICKNESS and in health, till death do us part"! Speaking for myself, I would never give up on my husband (God knows it was a real bitch while he was in Iraq!) nor would I want my children to see mommy hanging on another man while their father was in the hospital!
Granted we don't know what transpired between the shooting and the Zombie infestation, and a lot could have happened! But being she's a cops wife you'd think shed know how to use a gun or some sort of self-defence martial art right? To just shack up with the nearest guy with a gun smacks of being sexist! "Oh the weak woman needs a big strong man to protect her". AS IF! This is the new millenium and we women are learning self-reliance!
So is she a slut? We really don't know, but I'm betting even money that she is!
And yes James it is a new Dodge Challenger! I see them daily,

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:21   Link #58
james0246

Quote:
But being she's a cops wife you'd think shed know how to use a gun or some sort of self-defence martial art right?
That's a fair point I hadn't considered. True they may be in a small city/large town in Kentucky (so there would be less crime overall), but the likelihood that she would learn some self defense specifically from her husband does seem like a legitimate argument.

Quote:
To just shack up with the nearest guy with a gun smacks of being sexist! "Oh the weak woman needs a big strong man to protect her". AS IF! This is the new millenium and we women are learning self-reliance!
How is using sex to get protection not self-reliance? . If the only way I could survive an apocalypse was to sleep with some ugly guy, then I damn well will sleep with that ugly guy. Pride does not matter in the end, only survival, and Sex can be a downright powerful tool even when used in the hands of a novice...much the same as a gun .

Quote:
And yes James it is a new Dodge Challenger! I see them daily,
It's one of the new ones, right. The 3rd Gen models. My father had an original from 70-71...damn was that a nice machine...
Old 2010-11-08, 22:38   Link #59
Lost Cause

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
That's a fair point I hadn't considered. True they may be in a small city/large town in Kentucky (so there would be less crime overall), but the likelihood that she would learn some self defense specifically from her husband does seem like a legitimate argument.

How is using sex to get protection not self-reliance? . If the only way I could survive an apocalypse was to sleep with some ugly guy, then I damn well will sleep with that ugly guy. Pride does not matter in the end, only survival, and Sex can be a downright powerful tool even when used in the hands of a novice...much the same as a gun .

It's one of the new ones, right. The 3rd Gen models. My father had an original from 70-71...damn was that a nice machine...
Using sex to get something is selling yourself out to the biggest, baddest "gun" in the group! Like that Dobson character! Plus it's not commiting to anything like love or honor, it's just to get protection and sex.
But in the sake of not bogging this thread down on an argument that will be resolved next week, I'm willing to table it for now.
Yup, a 3rd gen Challenger! And if I remember right it was the R/T model meaning according to the website; "The R/T model comes standard with the 5.7 liter HEMI producing 375 horsepower! With a standard or automatic transmission." My brother Dwayne had a '73 Challeger T/A when he was in high school, a very cool car for sure!

Ride, Boldly Ride!
Lost Cause is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-08, 22:55   Link #60
james0246

Quote:
But in the sake of not bogging this thread down on an argument that will be resolved next week, I'm willing to table it for now.
But that's what these threads are for; giving us something to do in-between episodes .

But yes, all (or at least some) will be revealed (hopefully) next week.

I'm eager to see what happens to Michael Rooker's character (the man chained up on the roof). Checking IMDB, he is listed for all episodes, but that is plainly untrue, considering he did not appear in the first episode. I hope he lives, though, if only to cause havoc later on .

Tags
zombie apocalypse, zombies