AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-15, 00:29   Link #381
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post

BANG! beeeeeep BANG! beeeeeep BANG! beeeeeep

Sounds something like that ?
No, the sound is louder, and the ringing will only start when you are doing the reload drill.

It will go BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM - beeeeee - BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM.........firing it is a thrill until you lay your hands on a sniper rifle.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:34   Link #382
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
No, the sound is louder, and the ringing will only start when you are doing the reload drill.

It will go BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM - beeeeee - BLAMBLAMBLAMBLAMBLAM.........firing it is a thrill until you lay your hands on a sniper rifle.
My right ear doesn't ring from other people's though only from my own and after each shot in fact I would prefer it if they all keep firing instead of the loud then soft then loud routine Messes up my focus.
Old 2012-11-15, 00:51   Link #383
Ridwan

And now I'll be departing towards an even deeper corner of Pasundan countryside to do some work. Most likely I won't be able to get on line until Saturday GMT+. Should you guys be doing something fun during that time span, I'll come back a cranky man so watch out !
Old 2012-11-15, 00:56   Link #384
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I'll be drooling again at the Nurse's station tonight.... The absence of doctors makes the night calming...
Old 2012-11-15, 06:10   Link #385
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

well my mom family have military history. but is more like they ona that command stuff instead they one that do action.

my dad family is standard merchant

Old 2012-11-15, 06:34   Link #386
HasuMasu
*Artist

My chest and arm still hurt from grappling with our Social Studies teacher.

Quote:
Another thing I noticed here; alot of us seem to be ex-military What's up with that ?
It's mandatory around there, right?

Since we have a lot of outspoken members from there, well there it is.
Old 2012-11-15, 09:13   Link #387
Soverence

I think most families have someone that is in or has been in the military. The military usually has a lot of incentives to joining them, if you want a new lifestyle or need help with college or you just actually want to fight for something right.

But my grandfather and most of my cousins actually were/are in the military, my grandfather was in the army and all my cousins joined the reserves except for one who went to the marines.
Old 2012-11-15, 10:46   Link #388
Endless Soul
Megane girl fan

My uncle (who died before I was born) served on the USS Long Beach. My grandfather worked for Lockheed from 1940 to 1980something. I'm the only other member of my family that even tried to serve militarily, however, I was rejected due to my poor eyesight.

Endless "20/600" Soul
Old 2012-11-15, 14:07   Link #389
Lord of Fire
The Voice of Reason

I never served. The draft in my country was abolished right around the time I came of age. Though even if it hadn't, I probably would have been rejected anyway, because my eyesight was already quite poor back then (and hasn't actually gotten any better since then).
Old 2012-11-15, 17:38   Link #390
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord of Fire View Post
I never served. The draft in my country was abolished right around the time I came of age. Though even if it hadn't, I probably would have been rejected anyway, because my eyesight was already quite poor back then (and hasn't actually gotten any better since then).
Take it from me- if they want you, they'll find anything to keep you

Short of you getting AIDS (or maybe losing a limb) there isn't a job that they can't put you to work in... Even the Army needs someone to type their computers

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2012-11-15 at 18:02.
Old 2012-11-15, 23:38   Link #391
Ridwan

The upside of deep rural region is that the air is fresh and you still feel at 8 am even when the sun is at its height.
Old 2012-11-16, 01:14   Link #392
kyp275
Meh

Quote:
I was sent to the Army's Combat Engineer Formation - CBRD Apparently the Government deemed me competent enough to be left handing dangerous substances
*high-fives a fellow engineer*

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
Navy, Marine or Army?
USMC here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xefi View Post
but most of us mainly just fire M-4 (i hate this gun because it's so freaking loud and my ear hurts a lot after firing it.).
O_o The M4 isn't really that loud though, and most of the time you should be wearing hearing protection when shooting it anyway.

Quote:
firing it is a thrill until you lay your hands on a sniper rifle.
lol yea, those are fun Got to fire off a few rounds in Iraq once when a couple snipers stopped by the FOB I was at, tore up some old refrigerators
Old 2012-11-16, 02:10   Link #393
Xefi
癸亥 (guǐhài)
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
O_o The M4 isn't really that loud though, and most of the time you should be wearing hearing protection when shooting it anyway.
maybe for you it wasn't loud. but for me, my ears were definitely ringing after firing about
3-5 rounds. i also have some hearing problems, if i put on the ear plug, i cant
hear anything! lol.

i like the M-16 more since it wasnt as loud. maybe cause the barrel for M-16 is longer while M-4 is way too short
that it cant contain the sound as much. but once my unit switch to M-4, they wont allow us to use M-16 any longer.
well, only special occasion like funeral details that they let us use M-16 (firing blanks).
Old 2012-11-16, 03:42   Link #394
HasuMasu
*Artist

So you'd think I'd lay off the grappling until my shoulder gets better but no I just had to go a couple rounds today.

Shoulder feels terrible, but at least today I came home with only victories.
Old 2012-11-16, 04:33   Link #395
Coldlight
Sayaka★Magica

Family members in the military, huh. My paternal grandfather and great grandfather served in the military. They were career soldiers, and my grandfather was a WWII veteran. My maternal grandfather was a guerrilla in the wartime resistance.

However, my father and all his brothers broke that trend; as none of them ended up serving in the military. None of my maternal uncles served as well.

I didn't join (no conscription over here), and none of my cousins did either. Even so, I have bad eyesight myself; so that probably counts against me unless they become desperate and a draft is issued.
Old 2012-11-16, 05:15   Link #396
kyp275
Meh

Not sure where you guys with the bad eyesight are from, but at least in the US it's a non-issue, unless you're trying to be a pilot. As long as your vision is fine with a pair of glasses, it's not a problem, nor should it be.

I mean, I'm both near-sighted and have pretty heavy astigmatism, and might as well be half-blind without my glasses, but I have no problem laying down accurate fire 500 yards downrange
Old 2012-11-16, 05:38   Link #397
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyp275 View Post
Not sure where you guys with the bad eyesight are from, but at least in the US it's a non-issue, unless you're trying to be a pilot. As long as your vision is fine with a pair of glasses, it's not a problem, nor should it be.

I mean, I'm both near-sighted and have pretty heavy astigmatism, and might as well be half-blind without my glasses, but I have no problem laying down accurate fire 500 yards downrange
That is because you marines put marksmanship first. For us conscription type armies, it is always cost-efficiency first - we don't get as much range practice.

I am 400/400, and I am a terrible shot with unscoped weapons. The only gun I have no issues with is the SIG P226 - snatch-and-shoot within 25m I can usually hit 8/10 tries in a row.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:06   Link #398
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
I am 400/400, and I am a terrible shot with unscoped weapons.
Instincts man! Use your natural predatory instincts !
Old 2012-11-16, 06:07   Link #399
Sumeragi
Banned

Firing a M-60 is fun, but I prefer the K-2.
Old 2012-11-16, 06:11   Link #400
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Instincts man! Use your natural predatory instincts !
I am more of an EP/CT trooper than the jungle soldier type.

Closed Thread