AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2010-12-14, 20:16   Link #421
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Decent chapter. What can I say.. um... it's nice that Shioon is winning Jinie over. I didnt' think Jinie should have any problems dispatching any enemies, since she's supposed to be one of the best in the Sunwoo clan, but I guess that title fails in comparison to the elite of the elites(like Hyun). Oh well, I hope this is the start of his drive to want to get his inner ki back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
[SPOILER="ch 8"]Those two dudes remind of Guesong from Veritas with the masks...
Damn, you beat me to it ! That def brought out a 'wtf' face from me. I wonder if that's some kind of homage to Veritas? They really had no need for masks in the first place, since they're common murim thugs.
frubam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 20:48   Link #422
Iron21

Quote:
Originally Posted by frubam View Post
Decent chapter. What can I say.. um... it's nice that Shioon is winning Jinie over. I didnt' think Jinie should have any problems dispatching any enemies, since she's supposed to be one of the best in the Sunwoo clan, but I guess that title fails in comparison to the elite of the elites(like Hyun). Oh well, I hope this is the start of his drive to want to get his inner ki back.
Damn, you beat me to it ! That def brought out a 'wtf' face from me. I wonder if that's some kind of homage to Veritas? They really had no need for masks in the first place, since they're common murim thugs.
http://www.maskmuseum.com/coding/english/sub01.asp

It's a tradition in Korea.
Iron21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-14, 21:30   Link #423
Tempest35
Awe of She
*Author

I guess it's like a Noh mask or even a Kabuki mask - they're common.
Old 2010-12-14, 21:45   Link #424
frubam
simp for Lyria

I knew that, I just didn't see the point of some common murim thugs to have masks, when not a single person in this series, ally or enemy has done so. If it's somehow part of their martial art, then fine, but other than that, it just feels like it was tacked on for no apparent story-related reason =0\.
Old 2010-12-15, 01:11   Link #425
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

New chapter is out by A-Team. A-Team have asked that no online readers use their scans since they are negotiating with the author and since Mangahead didn't follow their rules, there is a watermark on the chapter.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 01:54   Link #426
DarkLordOfkichiku

Chapter 9 is out at Daum:

http://cartoon.media.daum.net/webtoon/view/BREAKER2

Or was, for a few minutes at least . Ayway, looks like Shioon got poisoned
DarkLordOfkichiku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 02:13   Link #427
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

And it's baaaack.

The author has this fetish of making Jinie wear clothes that 'flap' with every large movement she makes, it seems. And beware the poisonous beautiful Korean flower... I guess?

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-17, 11:11   Link #428
Shadow5YA

I wonder how long it'll be till Shinwoo gets his powers back.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 07:02   Link #429
DarkLordOfkichiku

ChaoticKen on Mangahelpers has posted a translation of chapter 9 here:

http://mangahelpers.com/forum/showth...=53240&page=27

If any of you have an account on Mangahelpers, take the chance to thank him for his kind deed!

Last edited by DarkLordOfkichiku; 2010-12-20 at 07:15.
Old 2010-12-20, 13:49   Link #430
Johnny
Working the bags...

Thanks for the heads up, and that is quite a little cliffhanger we've been left with...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:00   Link #431
KrimzonStriker

Thanks a lot for the translation, especially with the projects status on A-team in limbo right now
Old 2010-12-20, 22:18   Link #432
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Not to be demeaning to A-Team, but I personally feel they're doing it all wrong on their own account.

They do not profit from The Breaker, true, but what they're doing also takes away from any readership count ( sites like Daum do measure 'hits' ) that Daum could potentially have from the foreign share of readers.

One may say that A-Team acts as an advertising and they themselves contribute by buying The Breaker volume sets, but that's just one side of the coin.

If they truly wish to respect the author's intentions for his work to be read at Daum ( I think this is the main argument here. ), all they should do until they've got any approval from the author or Daum is to 'release translations and ask fans to read it at Daum with the translation text file on a different tab.'

And stick with that until any tankoubon releases are made, and then if they want to release scans at higher-res following that, then fine. ( as long as the author isn't too angry or bothered. )

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-20, 22:58   Link #433
Exether

Well... Too bad the status of the translations of The Breaker are in limbo...

I can't blame A-Team for anything. They are doing us leechers a favor by providing translations. Of course, I know that if a manga/manhwa/manhua is licensed in the US, the fan translations might affect the international sales, but I don't see the meaning of asking a guy who doesn't have the slightest idea about korean to check the raws in Daum, and I know that you can have a translation text at hand but... Hello ! You still need a translation! It's a good thing that someone in Mangahelpers is willing to help on that side, but the average leecher, if s/he doesn't get the translations, will just completely forget about the serie.

The ones who will actually go the the site are the ones that are willing to pay for the manhwa once its licensed, you can count me in that group, I got so glued to the first part that I which I could do something to make the translations continue. And yeah, I went to the Daum website and checked the raws even though I don't understand anything
Old 2010-12-20, 23:00   Link #434
Xacual

Honestly it's not really A-Team's fault, the Author has said he doesn't like the series being able to be read on other reader sites since he wants it only on that site. Sites like Mangareader etc, have basically been ignoring that and even A-team's own warnings to keep it off reader sites. People need to stop uploading it to them but they won't sadly.

I was influenced by a certain group overflowing with madness and started trying to write a story. Please give it a try. Crashed into Fantasy
Xacual is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 00:28   Link #435
DarkLordOfkichiku

Regarding the situation with A-team, it's a pity that they don't have any interest in doing a text-only translation. Text-only translations like this goes into a more gray area that I think the author/artist & Daum would indeed find more acceptable. Then again, you can't watermark a text-translation, so if they did that, it might be only a matter of time before someone used their translations without permission.

On the other hand, on a brighter note, so far, to the best of my knowledge, no online reader have put up A-Team's heavily watermarked version. Nor have anyone extrated the raw for chapter 9 from Daum yet, so it would seem that their current approach may indeed be working, though the question is if they're going to continue...

Anyway, about the chapter itself, I guess we know for sure that this girl is someone with a grude against Goomoonryong who seeks to kill Shioon. I wonder who her grandfather that was mentioned might've been? There was a bunch of people who lost their lives agaisnt Goomoonryong at the whole business of the Koa Tower after all, though Goomoonryong had victims both before & after that too...

Also wonder what this SUC is, though from the way Joo Ji-Gun talks about it, I would assume that it's a pro-Goomoonryong faction, possibly the same one that Kangsung brings up in chapter 6...
Old 2010-12-21, 11:03   Link #436
Sinta

Is anyone else getting frustrated with Shioon's lack of foresight? I mean come on. I'm almost as frustrated with his idiocy as I am with his lack of powers.
Old 2010-12-21, 11:29   Link #437
DarkLordOfkichiku

Well, A-team released chapter 9 after all.

As for Shioon - well, it's true that what he did wasn't perhaps so smart. Then, again, had he refused, he might simply've been force-feed it <_<. And one must remember, Shioon doesn't have a single deceptive bone in his body (if that's how the saying goes), so he expected sómething more straightforward from someone trying to kill him, not a cup of poisoned tea <_<.
Old 2010-12-21, 12:08   Link #438
Johnny
Working the bags...

He is a tad too much on the naive side, even after all that he went through. Anyways this might be somewhat of a catalyst so he can start to get his powers back. I don't think anyone knows exactly what that One Moon thing has the capability to do, and with the one researching it is supposedly dead. We'll probably never know for now. Although I wouldn't be surprised if started slowly healing him from the get go. Before he healed so fast that Shiho was astounded....
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-21, 15:25   Link #439
frubam
simp for Lyria

Gah, what a cliffhanger. Well, at least we get to see Shioon's special skill in motion. Actually, she kind of acts like Sosul in that regard, acting tsundere and whatnot, then at crucial times, remembering what he said/did to make them closer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkLordOfkichiku View Post
...so he expected sómething more straightforward from someone trying to kill him, not a cup of poisoned tea <_<.
This was the same thing I thought. If they wanted to kill him outright, those common murim thugs could have easily did the trick. Plus, he may have thought she was giving him a nice final 'meal' before they did it.
Old 2010-12-21, 15:43   Link #440
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Well, we were all wondering when he'd get his powers back. By the looks of it, he's got about five minutes...
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
gar, harem, manhwa, martial arts, new waves