AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-06-10, 02:00   Link #1
sparky81

New RPG Card Battle Game Devil Maker: Tokyo (Palmple)

Hey guys, this is Palmple, a mobile games company located in South Korea. I wanted to let everybody know that we’re set to release our first game for the global market soon. It’s an RPG card battle game called Devil Maker: Tokyo. You can read all about the game below. We’re very proud of the game, and hope you enjoy playing it is much as we did making it.

Devil Maker: Tokyo

Play a unique RPG card battle game unlike any that have come before! With exciting card battles, a strategic combat system, and outstanding card illustrations, you’re sure to fall in love with Devil Maker: Tokyo!

Sometime in the not-too-distant future, eternal darkness has blanketed Tokyo, and devils from another dimension have taken over the streets. You play as a “contractor,” someone who is able to form contracts with the devils of darkness to try to bring light back to the world. The problem is, your memories only go back 10 years.

Who were you before then? With the help of the devil Yuki and your deck of fearsome devils, battle throughout Tokyo to try to unlock the keys to your past!

Facebook
Devil Maker Homepage
Twitter
YouTube

Key Features

Over 500 fascinating devil cards

A new breed of TCG, Devil Maker: Tokyo is unlike any game of its genre

Battle devils throughout Tokyo in Explore mode

Discover your mysterious past in Story mode

Battle against your fellow contractors in the Arena

Strategically form your devil party

Upgrade devil cards by merging them with other devils, recontracting with current devils, or evolving your devils

Transfer skills from one card to another

Fight with your Friends against the Core of Darkness, the source of the devils’ power

Play along to the game’s fantastic original soundtrack

Much more! Watch out for Devil Maker: Tokyo to discover why it is far from your average card battle game!

Last edited by Daniel E.; 2013-06-10 at 10:33.
sparky81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 02:23   Link #2
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Please do it!!

I'm playing this game in Korean version (can i admit it here) without even understanding a single Korean words. Just to show how much i loves the game.
By far the best TCG games i ever played and has been playing. As long as the game is well administrated, i have no doubts people will loves it. Actually it's taking both a mixture of TCG and MMORPG, and they did brilliantly with the level of balance

PS: if you think the art and animation was amazing? Well actually what make it stand out is the game mechanisms. Can explain more on this if anyone interested

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-06-10 at 02:42.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 11:13   Link #3
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Well, right now the only card game I'm still playing is Sword Girls Online, due to the game mechanic and the art, so I'm kinda interested the gameplay mechanic of this game. Is there any place that I can look up how does the game play?
Old 2013-06-10, 20:26   Link #4
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Well, right now the only card game I'm still playing is Sword Girls Online, due to the game mechanic and the art, so I'm kinda interested the gameplay mechanic of this game. Is there any place that I can look up how does the game play?
Ah it's not quite the same. As in sword girl it is deck building and you play the cards to dictate the game. SG emphasise lots on dueling.

This game like most ios tcg games, mainly on pve. Like a race in opposing to football match in SG. The game mechanisms focus on card collecting and balances rather than inmatch fight.

What make the game stand out for me is
  • a) the cards collection here are a bit like Diablo 2 on looting items. Each cards have same base stats but up to 4 random passive skills, make the same card you get pretty unique comparing to everyone else, and any card can be much better than those within its tier
  • b) that make the game quite similar to mmorpg, as fighting a boss cards having the chance of that boss card to drop, and you have to run through dungeon to encounter them. Most of the time you will spend on running those raid, but it's short unlike SG, like 5 mins each, then have to wait for energy regain. And since you can't equip 2 of the same cards, most of the grind is on trying to get a better version of the same boss cards by repeating killing it and hoping good loots
  • c) there are quite many 'currencies' that you need to look at in this game: silvers, potions, fp, soul points, energy, cherry cards, crystals. Depend on which kind of dungeons you decide to run, you may exhaust your energy, fp, potions, silvers reserve to earn fp, soul points, cherry or crystal cards which are used to make the ultimate 6 stars cards. Quite some decision making between short and long term goals, and surely I wasted lots of time doing useless things that have I plan strategically, would have not do so.

Well the most detail look of the game I found is here:
http://www.steparu.com/reviews/mmo-m...er-tokyo-guide
Old 2013-06-10, 20:33   Link #5
FateAnomaly

Is it another of one of those mobile card games where you have to grind forever?
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-10, 22:44   Link #6
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Is it another of one of those mobile card games where you have to grind forever?
The idea is similar. But i will say it's significantly unique and mile better.

Actually let me take that back, i will say this TCG feel more like a MMORPG running on energy system (you know farmville stuffs). But instead of farming good gears, you farming for loli cards

You know how in mmorpg, you kinda have to have equipment lvl 20, before you can be strong enough to fight lvl 20 monsters, which then get you the rare drop so you can process onto level 30? The idea is very similar here, and it basically grinding yourself out upward that way. Korean maker after all

It's quite different with other IOS card games where you have access to second best card earlier and found little uses for all those below it, other than just feeding them or selling them away. Then they keep moving the goal post so original 5 stars card have stat 10k/10k, and later 16k/14k. Here a 5 star normal card may not be as strong in term of stats or even skills when comparing to lots of 3 stars rare card. And it costs a lot more to set into the team. I got a 5-stars event unique card earlier and lost all the way in pvp, even against those with 3 stars leader, until i can start fill up the team with 4 stars+
Old 2013-06-10, 22:59   Link #7
FateAnomaly

Anywhere i can see the card database and or a good wiki?
Old 2013-06-10, 23:24   Link #8
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Anywhere i can see the card database and or a good wiki?
Unfortunately, i don't think there is. Or at least not that i know/ not in English

If it is just to see how they look like, you can check these two pages of steparu blog:
http://www.steparu.com/reviews/mmo-m...er-tokyo-guide
http://www.steparu.com/reviews/mmo-m...-tokyo-tcg-rpg
The new 30 or so 6-stars card are gorgeous through, some of them are in above panel

If it is to check the card stats and skills, i think both passive (up to 4), and active skill (3) of cards are all random. And most likely in Korean too =/
Old 2013-06-10, 23:32   Link #9
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by risingstar3110 View Post
you farming for loli cards
Ok. I'm in.

Is there a release date for global version yet? And how do the micro transaction works in this game?
Old 2013-06-10, 23:45   Link #10
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Ok. I'm in.

Is there a release date for global version yet? And how do the micro transaction works in this game?
*successfully hooked the target with loli baits*

I still patiently waiting for that date, and as out of the dark as much as you. But what do you mean by micro transaction?
Old 2013-06-10, 23:48   Link #11
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Isn't all the card game has some kind of micro-transaction? I just want to ask to know how much does it affect the gameplay, as in some it's impossible to get the good card without paying.
Old 2013-06-11, 00:49   Link #12
FateAnomaly

Can the cards be traded or is it just collection only?
Old 2013-06-11, 04:10   Link #13
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Isn't all the card game has some kind of micro-transaction? I just want to ask to know how much does it affect the gameplay, as in some it's impossible to get the good card without paying.
Quote:
Can the cards be traded or is it just collection only?
You can't trade. Basically just like MMORPG, you can't actually buy good cards. There are two end game cards that most aim to. The 5-6 stars Unique which comes from boss drop (each boss drop its own cards). And the 6 stars rare which comes from crafting.
  • The 5-6 stars unique are basically depends on your luck (for it to drop, and for random stts to be good), and on how good your team are. Most of the boss can be killed (especially if you have some powerful friends who can contribute 2 into your team of 6, so 8 in total). But sometime getting to the boss requires to spam so much hp and resurrect potions if your team not strong enough. And despite they gave out a lots of free one, it won't sustainable for farming. Then of course like normal TCG, you may want to spam energy potions rather than wait. So basically paying extra cashes here will allow you to buy energy potions to run more raid bosses, and allow you to run through stronger dungeon which normally it is not sustainable to do so. Note they gave out a lots of free potions in Korean server, and you actually can buy the hp one using silver as well (with luck), but grinding out like that won't be sustainable, so i always keep around 70 each type to maintain my reserve for special events.
  • Then 6 stars rare cards which crafted from FOUR main ingredients: silvers are bundle as long you don't spam in potions too much. Soul points are important, i normally trade most cards that i do not use for soul points. You need 5 stars cards, but if you don't , no worry, you can repeat the same and get 5 stars from 4 stars, or 4 stars from 3 stars. And then the crystal which you can run from special dungeon once per week (3 types of crystal for 3 card types, one in each different day). Benefit of cash players here are they can gain lots of soul points as long as they can pay. But the need of crystal means even with unlimited soul points, with moderate lucks and lots of potions spamming, it will still need around 4 weeks to get three 6-stars card. Free players meanwhile probably can get only one if not less during that time. But with luck your single card can be better than their three with random options

In summary, no cards are out of limits for free players (other than the ranking cards, every 2 weeks for top 100 players, which probably too hard anyway), paying cashes just give you more chances to get them, or shorten the time it takes to get them. And the Korean did a brilliant drops to balance out things. I thought that silves and potions were excessive at the start, so much that i was wondering if i can delete them somehow. They throw in one event, and my potions supply and silvers are quickly used up to threshold level. Then was wondering whether it's too easy for cards players to fill up a team of 6 of top tier cards. Then they throw in a dungeon where only certain type of cards benefits from running, means the cash players needed 18 top tier cards now, which is almost impossible to get in less than 6 months with unlimited $$. Furthermore, leveling 6 stars cards are literally 8-10 times harder than 5-stars card, and exp comes most from event reward. Making filling a team with all 6 stars even more impossible in short-term

Last edited by risingstar3110; 2013-06-11 at 04:33.
risingstar3110 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-12, 18:21   Link #14
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Thank. Ater going around looking, I think I'm interested in this game, but I will wait until there is an English release, since playing card games without understanding a single word is just a PITA .
Old 2013-06-13, 02:00   Link #15
sparky81

Hey guys, thanks for the interest. We think you'll be very pleased once the game is released. In the meantime, here's the first of 4 new teaser videos:

You can check out the rest of the teaser videos at our official YouTube channel.

Cheers,
Palmple Global
Old 2013-06-13, 05:17   Link #16
risingstar3110
✘˵╹◡╹˶✘

Quote:
Thank. Ater going around looking, I think I'm interested in this game, but I will wait until there is an English release, since playing card games without understanding a single word is just a PITA .
That's what we all waiting, the English version :P

Two fundamental tips from me (without making it complicated):
- it's best to use the mail box as additional inventories. So rewards, just take what you need or up to certain level, don't press take all, if not necessary. It has limit so keep that in mind
- pvp whenever the cool down for pvp ends. The record is reset every 2-3 weeks. But win or lose, you will still gain energy+rewards. Well maybe at the start when you don't have lots of silver, it may not be ideal. But later on, that silver cost is insignificant, and energy for dungeon run always can get more than enough silver back
Old 2013-06-21, 04:15   Link #17
sparky81

We will do our best so that we’ll have some very good news to share with you next week. In the meantime, please check out our new promotional video below:

Old 2013-06-21, 05:49   Link #18
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

I hope that good news would be the release date.
Old 2013-06-21, 07:20   Link #19
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

How many card games are out there that are like this? Magika with all ladies? Looks interesting tho. But I dont play card games anymore because where I live they are non existant and no one to play with.
Old 2013-06-21, 08:04   Link #20
demino_hellsin
That one guy

Checking this out only because I'm reminded of SMT
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
tcg