AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2011-10-24, 18:28   Link #21
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Considering the shitfit the fandom had at the mere idea of aliens, I don't think time travel would be well received. And I doubt it'll be implemented at all.
Old 2011-10-24, 19:46   Link #22
PzIVf3

Any translator is excepted.
Spoiler for New Characters:

Spoiler for Spoiler Info. Ep. 6 and 7:
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 19:53   Link #23
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

Finally, another hot older female character.
GN0010 Nosferatu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 19:58   Link #24
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Looks like we will be getting Gundam Titus or Spallow in episode 7 if the the tile "The Evolving Gundam" is any indication
Old 2011-10-24, 20:49   Link #25
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Considering the shitfit the fandom had at the mere idea of aliens, I don't think time travel would be well received. And I doubt it'll be implemented at all.
Gundam fanbase is one of the most close minded one if you ask me. Any new idea that's different from the previous entries will be dismissed and hated just because "it's not Gundam".
I actually don't mind the idea. It does remind me of Dark Cloud 2. If it's not, fine, because I'm watching AGE for what it is, not for what I want it to be. I can accept another alien in my Gundam.

About the supposed "leak", it kinda makes sense consider the UE's behavior. It's like all they are doing is sparring with AGE so the AGE builder can keep evolving with the collected data. I just wonder what's the role of Asemu, then. If the leak is true, then Kio will be the one who save the world (or at the very least, one who hold the most power in his hand for the final war).
Possibly, Yurin is either Flit's grand daughter, or shipping candidate for Kio .

[edit]
4chan actually takes this "leak" in a positive way that I couldn't imagine.

Last edited by Duo Maxwell; 2011-10-24 at 21:17.
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 22:40   Link #26
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deacon Blues View Post
Why are we using spoilers in a spoiler topic? [...] Also, initial posting violates said spoiler thread rules... ergo delete? LoL...
Yeah, the rules in the opening post were in error. This is a Spoiler & Speculation thread so spoilers may, in fact, be discussed. (If not here, then where...? ) If it's a leak or something from magazines that reveals details of future content, then it may be nice to use spoiler tags, but you may in fact discuss any sort of spoiler in this thread (including future event spoilers).
Old 2011-10-24, 22:44   Link #27
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Originally Posted by GN0010 Nosferatu View Post
Finally, another hot older female character.
I second this opinion.
Old 2011-10-24, 22:53   Link #28
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

The one thing that confuses me about this time travel spoiler, is...if the people in the future want the past to develop stronger weapons faster...why not just have the UE leave their dead? Seems kinda counter productive to have the UE (the single most advanced creation around in present) destroy their own to stop their tech from falling into the wrong (right) hands. Why is that?

Last edited by GN0010 Nosferatu; 2011-10-24 at 23:06.
Old 2011-10-24, 22:56   Link #29
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
The one thing that confuses me about this time travel spoiler, is...if the people in the present want the past to develop stronger weapons faster...why not just have the UE leave their dead? Seems kinda counter productive to have the UE (the single most advanced creation around in present) destroy their own to stop their tech from falling into the wrong (right) hands. Why is that?
Would I want a bunch of pansies who had everything dropped on their lap or a bunch of badasses that fought tooth and nail and survived as the champions of humanity for the future fight against the Big Bad?

Not that I'm advocating the time travel theory. I'm solidly in the camp that believes the UE are just manipulating humanity out of their peaceful stagnation though, so I guess I could jump on board a Terminator plot as well.

That said, I'd laugh my ass off if Yurin ends up being Flits great grandchild that went back in time to fix the future!
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-24, 23:00   Link #30
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
Looks like we will be getting Gundam Titus or Spallow in episode 7 if the the tile "The Evolving Gundam" is any indication
Can you translate the title for episode 6? Please.
Old 2011-10-25, 00:34   Link #31
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

^ Farden's Light and Shadow.

Couldn't figure out what's Farden. I only know they are going to meet that Iwak guy (the one at the bottom right image).
Spoiler for size:

Quote:
The one thing that confuses me about this time travel spoiler, is...if the people in the future want the past to develop stronger weapons faster...why not just have the UE leave their dead? Seems kinda counter productive to have the UE (the single most advanced creation around in present) destroy their own to stop their tech from falling into the wrong (right) hands. Why is that?
See the current state of humanity? Even if one or two colony got destroyed, people still act as if it doesn't relate to them, since it happened from somewhere faraway.

Technology isn't the only problem. There are 2 situations if they do what you suggested:

1. Humanity destroy themselves because their technology developed too fast.
2. Humanity managed to defeat the UE too soon, thus lead to another peaceful time way before the time mark where they all got destroyed. History is going to repeat itself.

According to the leak, even with their current tech, the UE still got wiped out, so they need something stronger and more advanced, but such thing shouldn't be archived way too soon. We don't know if there is another AGE builder on UE side, which continuously obtain data from AGE, to improve their technology or not. Prolong the war could lead to technology advancing from both sides, which will help the future war.

Well, if everything is just someone bullshitting, then all of my point is moot, but that's what I'm thinking regarding the "leak".
Old 2011-10-25, 01:16   Link #32
casval cehack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Couldn't figure out what's Farden. I only know they are going to meet that Iwak guy (the one at the bottom right image).
Spoiler for size:
Thanks. Fardain/Farden is the destination (probably a colony) of Diva mentioned near the end of episode 3. Considering the scans for the Zaku-type MS (Gala and Elmeda) and episode titles for 6 and 7, the debut of AGE-1's new form might not be against the UE at all.
Old 2011-10-25, 09:55   Link #33
GundamFan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post

Spoiler for size:

See the current state of humanity? Even if one or two colony got destroyed, people still act as if it doesn't relate to them, since it happened from somewhere faraway.

Technology isn't the only problem. There are 2 situations if they do what you suggested:

1. Humanity destroy themselves because their technology developed too fast.
2. Humanity managed to defeat the UE too soon, thus lead to another peaceful time way before the time mark where they all got destroyed. History is going to repeat itself.
Well I agree with your 2 situations as possibilties and I'm thinking both might be the reason they were programed to destroy there own remains plus I'm thinking they might develop better technology that way since they aren't trying to just ape something that already exists.

Quote:
According to the leak, even with their current tech, the UE still got wiped out, so they need something stronger and more advanced, but such thing shouldn't be archived way too soon. We don't know if there is another AGE builder on UE side, which continuously obtain data from AGE, to improve their technology or not. Prolong the war could lead to technology advancing from both sides, which will help the future war.
Another thing to consider is if the UEs are really from a hundred years in the future then the MS they're fielding against the Federation might be using grossly out of date technology for them.
GundamFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 14:43   Link #34
mechalord
Deploying Funnel Cakes

I think the Aliens are humans who other humans forgot. Humans that developed in deep space. I'm thinking Killzone.

This is a 100 year war. Will there be major time skips every 12 episodes?

There are only supposed to be 3 protagonists over 100 years. That means the first two fight until 66 years old and then their 33 year old sons take over.
mechalord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 15:25   Link #35
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post
I think the Aliens are humans who other humans forgot. Humans that developed in deep space. I'm thinking Killzone.

There are only supposed to be 3 protagonists over 100 years. That means the first two fight until 66 years old and then their 33 year old sons take over.
Well, I'm certainly curious how they are going to fit a bunch of teenage protagonists in three generations over the course of a hundred years. For now, I'm going with the theory that one (or all three) of them will be rebuilt as a cyborg; half UE, half human , and will come back wearing a mask to finish out the war 100 years later while still having his young kid pleasing chibi body.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 16:41   Link #36
JMvS
Rawrrr!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mechalord View Post

Newtypes who left Sol long ago, and now their Interstellar War weapons have drifted back to Sol?

Plays Moon...
Old 2011-10-25, 19:48   Link #37
Key Board
Carbon

UE are automatons from the future

They can't destroy Diva because that's where the Age builder is

Now, you are probably asking.. what does the Age Builder have to do with UE?

Well, over the years, Age Builder and the Age system keep improving themselves to the point that it becomes sentient.

The machine eventually becomes the origin of UE
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-25, 23:43   Link #38
PzIVf3

Spoiler for G-Exes, Shaldoll, Zaku Types (Clear Scan):
PzIVf3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-10-26, 00:05   Link #39
GN0010 Nosferatu
Where's the monoeye?

*puffs bubble pipe*

I wonder if there two more factions rather than just one. A faction who uses the G-Exes and Shaldol, and another who uses the Zaku's.
Old 2011-10-26, 01:29   Link #40
RES-01 Perses Gundam
A Contradiction Beneath

Translating those Japanese words that I understand:

The old man with the cigar:
-Something about his profile about an "old nation". Also something about "pirates". I think the profile also says that he's "straightforward and frank"?

The guy with the yellow hair:
-His profile also mentions something about an "old nation".

The macho guy:
-He's "a man with a strong sense of justice"?

The man shown beside G-Exes:
-The biological father of some character (I think it's wolf?)

The woman beside G-Exes:
-The guy's wife? Something about her being a "beauty".
RES-01 Perses Gundam is offline   Reply With Quote