AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2012-11-23, 16:44   Link #701
Ghanw
(-_-)

^I am pretty sure most of us are the same here.
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-23, 19:10   Link #702
blackwhite67
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by houkoholic View Post
Spoiler:
Only her ki signature, what about the fact that the cyborg was a little girl in a wheel chair when Takako was supposed to be an elderly woman? And why was the cyborg in a wheelchair?

In your summary of volume 10 , Cecil said that Motoharu is stronger than Akatsuki, but does this evaluation take into account the new abilities Akatsuki developed in his fight against Hikami?

What was Akatsuki doing when Hikami kidnapped Myuu?

How did Hikami obtain the phoenix cells and why did he waste them on Tanaka and Phil? There was a corpse of Phil left over from his fight with Akatsuki?

You once posted that Sakuya flew down to Japan to kill Hikami for disconnecting BABEL. Why didn't he fight Hikami instead of Akatsuki? Air traffic?

Concerning your post in response to Hikami's hax regeneratice abilities, just how strong is Akatsuki physically? I recall an illustration during the Phil arc where he seemingly blew a hole in a cliff or reef during the exam. I Was there any instance in which Akatsuki grew physically stronger? I was under the impression that he was using Renkankeikikou to increase his strength, but there were limits to how much. Are kids returning from another world physically stronger?

When did the girls move in with Akatsuki and under what pretext? Also, you mentioned in that Haruka was willing to do what he said in a bathroom. Just how submissive is she? Is she tsundere? Does she complain or does she just do whatever he says without a word of complaint?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-11-23 at 20:46.
blackwhite67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 03:35   Link #703
AP24

I just finished the anime and it covers up to vol3 right? I should read summaries from vol4 onwards to know everything that happens after in the anime right?
AP24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 04:40   Link #704
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Only her ki signature, what about the fact that the cyborg was a little girl in a wheel chair when Takako was supposed to be an elderly woman? And why was the cyborg in a wheelchair?
The body is fairly new and only recently completed, and the last time Akatsuki had met Takako (before he was transported to Alezzard) she wasn't using one. So Akatsuki said that even though Takako has an appearance of a little girl her ki inside was of an old woman, this discrepancy was what tipped him off.

As for the wheelchair the syncing isn't quite perfect yet so mobility isn't top notch.

Quote:
In your summary of volume 10 , Cecil said that Motoharu is stronger than Akatsuki, but does this evaluation take into account the new abilities Akatsuki developed in his fight against Hikami?
Apparently so. Memeko with the real magic glasses has huge observation ability which seems to transcend great distance so I doubt that Cecil wouldn't have known if she wanted to.

Quote:
What was Akatsuki doing when Hikami kidnapped Myuu?
Shopping for stuff for Listy and Myuu.

Quote:
How did Hikami obtain the phoenix cells and why did he waste them on Tanaka and Phil? There was a corpse of Phil left over from his fight with Akatsuki?
He got in bed with the Japanese government by providing them with materials and data from Zahark and worked behind COCOON. The problem with the Phoenix Cell is that thus far it didn't work on live people (Onizuka was the first successful case) plus with the machine it was better off for him to get Myuu before COCOON first. The fact that Phil came back can only mean there was a corpse.

Quote:
You once posted that Sakuya flew down to Japan to kill Hikami for disconnecting BABEL. Why didn't he fight Hikami instead of Akatsuki? Air traffic?
Pretty much. Plus he prioritized for the recovery of the Phoenix Cell.

Quote:
Concerning your post in response to Hikami's hax regeneratice abilities, just how strong is Akatsuki physically? I recall an illustration during the Phil arc where he seemingly blew a hole in a cliff or reef during the exam. I Was there any instance in which Akatsuki grew physically stronger? I was under the impression that he was using Renkankeikikou to increase his strength, but there were limits to how much. Are kids returning from another world physically stronger?
No it seems that it is all due to Renkankeikikou in Akatsuki's case. For the other students we don't know for sure but it doesn't appear to be the case. I would guess it is a case by case thing where it depends on whether they got physically altered similar to Sakuya then they might be able to get superhuman strength like Tiana.

Quote:
When did the girls move in with Akatsuki and under what pretext? Also, you mentioned in that Haruka was willing to do what he said in a bathroom. Just how submissive is she? Is she tsundere? Does she complain or does she just do whatever he says without a word of complaint?
After fighting Hikami they decided it was safer to live together under one roof so they can look out for each other.
Obviously Haruka was a tsundere before but now she's just pure submissive deredere, so much so that now when Akatsuki gropes her they will just get it on.
houkoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 09:42   Link #705
mike211
CoNfuSeOnE

So when Miu erected the barrier to prevent hostile people from getting in, what happen to the hostile people that was already in the barrier, do they automaticly teleport them out?

Another when you said isolated islands, does that COCOON have prevent transport of goods from getting to the island?

“Whatever your reasons may have been, you did what you did. Do not forget that the day will come when you must pay for it.”
mike211 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-24, 10:03   Link #706
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike211 View Post
So when Miu erected the barrier to prevent hostile people from getting in, what happen to the hostile people that was already in the barrier, do they automaticly teleport them out?
Nope they are still inside, also why the raiders can raid their place etc. Hence the need for the girls and Akatsuki to stick together too.

Quote:
Another when you said isolated islands, does that COCOON have prevent transport of goods from getting to the island?
Yes they have, COCOON had asked people to leave the island themselves and they would take the refugees in and relocate them to other COCOON territories, though the island seems to have a certain degree of self-sustainability such that there's a good portion of them still living there comfortably enough but otherwise they would eventually still need some supplies in the future if the number of Akatsuki supporters is the grow explosively and decides to take refuge on the island, hence the need to get support from Takako.
Old 2012-11-24, 11:29   Link #707
blackwhite67
Banned

How exactly was the barrier discovered and how did COCOON realize it was meant to protect Akatsuki and his harem? I mean, its invisible right? I can't help but imagine that they found out the hard way? Like a COCOON agent trying to get in by plane ended up splattered against his seat?

I don't understand how the barrier could prevent supplies from getting in. I mean, inanimate objects could get in and the grunts of COCOON don't hold a grudge against Akatsuki so one of them could be the driver.

About Tanaka and Phil, when they were resurrected by the Phoenix cells did their consciousness return or were they mindless zombies? If they weren't then why did they agree to be Hikami's lackeys? I can see Phil, but Tanaka?
Old 2012-11-24, 11:53   Link #708
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
How exactly was the barrier discovered and how did COCOON realize it was meant to protect Akatsuki and his harem? I mean, its invisible right? I can't help but imagine that they found out the hard way? Like a COCOON agent trying to get in by plane ended up splattered against his seat?
I would think COCOON would have tried to send in a land task force to reclaim BABEL and found out they can't get in. Also I think people with higher capabilities can sense the presence of the barrier as well, Akatsuki seems to be able to tell so....

Quote:
I don't understand how the barrier could prevent supplies from getting in. I mean, inanimate objects could get in and the grunts of COCOON don't hold a grudge against Akatsuki so one of them could be the driver.
COCOON now official has controls of Japan in place of the Japanese government and all of its branches, they can just cut off supply chains and setup barricades. Any other supplies and Akatsuki supporters would have to be smuggled in.

Quote:
About Tanaka and Phil, when they were resurrected by the Phoenix cells did their consciousness return or were they mindless zombies? If they weren't then why did they agree to be Hikami's lackeys? I can see Phil, but Tanaka?
They have their consciousness and memories intact.
Phil lost Zahark from his body so he really doesn't have anywhere else to go (he can't go back to Alezzard metaphysically nor he has any reason to now that he failed) so it's reasonable for him to comply. As for Tanaka I guess it won't be hard for Hikami to simply threaten him considering how Tiana easily managed to kill him (by knocking him out then rip out the Phoenix Cell from his body), Hikami can simply say "if you don't work for me I'll simply make you dead again", having died once already I would think Tanaka would actually value his second chance at life and comply quite easily.
Old 2012-11-24, 15:41   Link #709
blackwhite67
Banned

Has there been an explanation for the writing that appears on Akatsuki's body when he uses Renkankeikikou?

@houkoholic: Concerning Sakuya and as one whose read the raw of volume 10, what was Sakuya reaction when Miyu killed herself and do you believe that he gave a rat's ass about her to begin with?

BTW, is Akatsuki's ki projection of himself restrained by gravity? Can it fly?

Last edited by blackwhite67; 2012-11-24 at 18:24.
Old 2012-11-25, 10:15   Link #710
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Has there been an explanation for the writing that appears on Akatsuki's body when he uses Renkankeikikou?
Those glyphs in the anime? Just visual effect, no meaning to it.
In the novel when Akatsuki uses Renkankeikikou he gives off a blue glow, but that won't look cool in anime form so they change it to glyphs.

Quote:
@houkoholic: Concerning Sakuya and as one whose read the raw of volume 10, what was Sakuya reaction when Miyu killed herself and do you believe that he gave a rat's ass about her to begin with?
Obviously he does care about Miyu, otherwise he wouldn't have came up with the plan in the first place and could just let her die.

Quote:
BTW, is Akatsuki's ki projection of himself restrained by gravity? Can it fly?
No idea.
Old 2012-11-25, 15:37   Link #711
Ghanw
(-_-)

If Akatuski's body had a blue glow around him in the anime he would be a supersayien. (No wonder why Akatuski is so strong)
Ghanw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-27, 21:40   Link #712
blackwhite67
Banned

Was the Japanese government aware of Hikami's plans?

How did Akatsuki beat Zahark three times in simulations? He didn't have access to the second stage of his sword did he? It looked like he had a hard time with his basic sword.

What happened to Phil's phoenix cells?

Concerning Sleipnir:
When Akatsuki went back to Arrezard, did he take it with him and has it ever stripped another girl besides Haruka?

Has there been an explanation for why it strips girls?

About Akatsuki's sword, how could an AD manifest a god's weapon? I mean, I assume the real one is out there somewhere.
Old 2012-11-28, 10:49   Link #713
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Was the Japanese government aware of Hikami's plans?
No, they were used by Hikami, otherwise the PM wouldn't have resorted to nuke JP BABEL as the last resort if they knew earlier.

Quote:
How did Akatsuki beat Zahark three times in simulations? He didn't have access to the second stage of his sword did he? It looked like he had a hard time with his basic sword.
They are just clones/programs based on the Phil Zahark ie not full power Zahark. Also he was already much more powerful (he learnt to enter the Zone which he didn't knew when fighting Phil) than when he fought Phil Zahark plus he wasn't poisoned etc.

Quote:
What happened to Phil's phoenix cells?
Already answered before: Tiana took both Phil and Tanaka's Phoenix Cell and used them all on Onizuka.

Quote:
Concerning Sleipnir:
When Akatsuki went back to Arrezard, did he take it with him and has it ever stripped another girl besides Haruka?
Answered before again - he didn't take Sleipnir with him.

And no Sleipnir hadn't stripped anyone else.

Quote:
Has there been an explanation for why it strips girls?
Only Haruka. Akatsuki speculated that it is because Sleipnir was just being in a state of excitement for finally finding a new owner that day.

Quote:
About Akatsuki's sword, how could an AD manifest a god's weapon? I mean, I assume the real one is out there somewhere.
As said before Haruka doesn't think it is really god's weapon but just a coincidence. Plus we aren't near far enough into the story to know about its secrets anyway, I would think the author won't get into the story of the sword until it's time to pave the way to unlock its final stage.
Old 2012-11-29, 01:49   Link #714
Voceane

Sorry if someone already had answer this question but I don't find it.

What's the Osawa father's special ability?
Voceane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 04:27   Link #715
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post

He hasn't been portrayed in any battles yet.
Old 2012-11-29, 07:45   Link #716
sandhy88
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Voceane View Post

Can sleep at anywhere and has a great endurance from hunger.
sandhy88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-29, 18:27   Link #717
blackwhite67
Banned

@houkoholic: Do you believe that Akatsuki's Renkankeikikou's application of absorbing the abilities of those killed by it may also apply to conceptual abilities?
Old 2012-12-02, 13:14   Link #718
houkoholic
seiyuu maniac

Quote:
@houkoholic: Do you believe that Akatsuki's Renkankeikikou's application of absorbing the abilities of those killed by it may also apply to conceptual abilities?
No. As I see it Renkankeikikou's already boarding on Deus Ex Machina and in some cases the author's already pulled enough BS explanations by saying "oh because of Renkankeikikou Akatsuki can do this and this" such as explaining away how he can heal himself or take the Absolute Barrier or invoke the Zone or make ki projection of himself or even sticking vertically on the wall and getting the girls to climax all simply because of Renkankeikikou, so there's no point for Akatsuki to keep absorbing more and more abilities as he, IMO, already HAS the ULTIMATE ability of all.
Old 2012-12-02, 18:02   Link #719
blackwhite67
Banned

^Really? I found those explanations quite plausible and his new abilities make up for his lack of magic. Also, his ki projection doesn't seem that great considering that it leaves his physical body vulnerable.

BTW, how did the girls react to the mini Akatsuki? Did they go all shotacon on him? And how did they ever find out why Akatsuki went all chibi?

Also, what happened to the raiders? Did Akatsuki recover and blast them away or did the harem deal with it before he recovered?
Old 2012-12-03, 00:23   Link #720
bludvein

Quote:
^Really? I found those explanations quite plausible and his new abilities make up for his lack of magic. Also, his ki projection doesn't seem that great considering that it leaves his physical body vulnerable.

BTW, how did the girls react to the mini Akatsuki? Did they go all shotacon on him? And how did they ever find out why Akatsuki went all chibi?

Also, what happened to the raiders? Did Akatsuki recover and blast them away or did the harem deal with it before he recovered?
He already makes up for his lack of magic with room to spare. I always thought magic was just unnecessary for his character. He still has plenty of room for growth with his ki attacks, and his own conceptual ability to develop(assuming that ki projection thing wasn't it).

If he truly hits the limits of reikankikikou(that the right sp?) then I wouldn't mind so much, although that seems extremely unlikely. After all, his master is probably way beyond anyone in the series with just that.

Btw, does Akatsuki's little island have one of those portals Cocoon used to go to different worlds? Or was that accomplished through something else?
bludvein is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, adventure, borderline hentai, fantasy, harem, light novel, shounen