3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 63. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2015-10-11, 07:04   Link #21
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadite View Post
OP already confirms that Mika wears Atra's bracelet.
ugh oh, things seem like it wouldn't end well for her.
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:08   Link #22
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Also, Coral doing a facedesk after receiving reports that his team failed to execute this "supposedly" easy mission made me chuckle a bit .

And I should also praise Aina for being smart enough to deduce that her father must have something to do with Gjallarhorn's attack to this "supposedly" secret event, and not just ignorantly went back home like her maid suggested.
Old 2015-10-11, 07:24   Link #23
B214

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon1412 View Post
ugh oh, things seem like it wouldn't end well for her.
I don't think the producers will pull a pun with the opening song, Raise Your (Death) Flag, or they actually will.
B214 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:27   Link #24
DuelGundam2099
Disabled By Request

Now that I have a better grasp of who the factions are I can now start proper judgment. The music is pretty bad and the entire second half of this episode felt like glorified filler. The premier of Barbatos was fine by itself, but having it cause Mika to nosebleed that hard looks like it is trying too hard to foreshadow tragedy. Not to mention if casualties were THAT high for CGS it makes you wonder how they can support that many kids, especially when you don't even see a hundred of them. On a side note is there any particular reason they joined? I'd like that answered in a future episode.
DuelGundam2099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:28   Link #25
monster

Biscuit's sisters are probably the first children in Gundam that I don't find annoying from the start, but that may yet change.

This man-machine interface is really handy. It's probably the best explanation yet for having non-adults being able to control such complex war machines. Better yet, it manages to retain that negative aspect of the war/society that would bring about such a situation where kids would be forced to operate such machines.

I suppose decent adults are just meant to die, oh well.

Mikazuki can be quite scary when it comes to his attitude while fighting. I don't think I've ever felt this way about any other pilot in Gundam.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:39   Link #26
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by monster View Post
Mikazuki can be quite scary when it comes to his attitude while fighting. I don't think I've ever felt this way about any other pilot in Gundam.
Durimg the first few episodes of Gundam Zeta, I thought Kamile was a freaking psychopath with the way he kept acting so Mika doesn't scare me as much.

I can't help but wonder what his direction will be though. Typically Gundam protagonists eventually develop a grander cause to fight for than for just their crew but it's difficult for me to see that with someone that willingly confesses to not using his brain much and doesn't seem particularly bothered by leaving it all to Orga. And Orga doesn't seem to have any grand causes either.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:48   Link #27
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
Kudelia Episode 2 Status:

TOLD AGAIN

Seriously, is this gonna be a repeating theme for the next few episodes? Because I like it At least she is aware of her ignorance though, and not being self-righteous about it much.
Her dad will probably be one of her breaking points. What I'm most curious about is where she'll fit in the grand scheme of things with the crew. She has a broad plot purpose, but she's very disconnected from Orga and co. at this point of time, and it's hard to see how she'll develop to gel herself with the team, if at all.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:51   Link #28
Fireminer
Lumine Passio
*Author

Mark my work: One day Orga and Kudelia will come into conflict. Mikazuki will choose who, that is the question.

But seriously, Orga and Mikazuki's relationship isn't one bit healthy. The former seems like he has a light case of superiority complex that needs to be satisfied by making the latter forever under Orga's wings.

Oh, and is it me, or the faces look crude when they are in the shadow? When there is light, everything is just fine.
Fireminer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 07:58   Link #29
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
But seriously, Orga and Mikazuki's relationship isn't one bit healthy. The former seems like he has a light case of superiority complex that needs to be satisfied by making the latter forever under Orga's wings.
While it may look like that to outsiders (ex. Orga's confidence that Mikazuki would accept the job), in scenes with just the both of them it's clear that Orga does respect Mikazuki somewhat, such as his surprise that Mikazuki would already accept the gun he gave him (and thus the job) even when he hasn't told Mikazuki what he wanted to do yet.

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:03   Link #30
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuelGundam2099 View Post
the entire second half of this episode felt like glorified filler.
So, exploring the characters and go further with the main plot is called filler now? Wow . What do you want? Nonstop action? Watch Bayformers then instead of Gundam.

Quote:
On a side note is there any particular reason they joined? I'd like that answered in a future episode.
WAT? The show already gave you plenty of reasons. Heck, even the characters already spelled it out for you: poverty strikes the Martians like the plague to the point that children are dying on the street (say goodbye to childcare), and these kids on 3rd group can’t find a job anywhere else. No job –> no money -> no food -> die like stray dogs. That’s why these uneducated orphans join the CGS, to get a job to survive.

The show is not flawless, but your criticism above is absurd.
Old 2015-10-11, 08:04   Link #31
Benigmatica
Deadpan Rambler

Send a message via Yahoo to Benigmatica
So it seems that the First Group is still in control despite having more casualties than the Third Group. While Orga Itsuka and company are planning to take over the CGS base, it's gonna be a costly operation due to their lack of man-power, not to mention that they're kids to begin with!
Benigmatica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:05   Link #32
Nightengale
~Night of Gales~
*Author

Relationship between Orga/Mika is definitely an unhealthy one, but it's also quite clearly a mutual relationship, and not a one-sided one of manipulation.

The sleeping lion shall awaken beyond the depths of time, crossing ten billion lights, come to Terra.
Nightengale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:12   Link #33
Boukenxha

Guess I was too hurried in giving the First group the death sentence, so some of them did survived. Them returning do provide for some drama though, so that's absolutely fine by me. Glad Orga decided it is necessary to remove them once and for all to forge a path for themselves than continue to live as cannon fodders. This is a good chance to see more of what Orga is capable of. Good thing he has an ace (Mika) up his sleeve, while the First group seem to make up by the likes of loafers and cowards?

Crank is nice as an antagonist, serving as an example of that not everyone in the enemy faction is a scum. His words to Ein tells me that he knows setting off alone, he might die but it alright if he dies by his principles. I thought Ein himself has potential to grow out of his rookie pilot status, could be somebody in the future maybe.

Enjoyed how Aina, or perhaps I should call her Kudelia (to separate her from the original Aina) when reaching out to Mikazuki only get barbs thrown her way. Picturing her as this idealist who always lived a sheltered life while Mika is like this street urchin who saw the harsh realities and had to grow up fast, further goes to establish that the two are living in two complete different worlds. Looking forward to see how that wall will be broken.
Boukenxha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:14   Link #34
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Not to mention if casualties were THAT high for CGS it makes you wonder how they can support that many kids, especially when you don't even see a hundred of them.
Given the aftermath that was showed to us, I would have guessed that there was at least a hundred of them. In fact, I would have assumed so beforehand.

Quote:
On a side note is there any particular reason they joined? I'd like that answered in a future episode.
From Aina's speech it seems apparent to me that their only other option is to live on the streets and scavenge for food. Given what we were show it looks like that would be considerably worse.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:15   Link #35
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fireminer View Post
You know I was thinking about these two like Guts and Griffith, then I think Brandon and Harry from Gungrave would be a more suitable comparison. A mentor type with big plans (that starts small) and an unquestioning subordinate type...let's see if the results will be the same.

Another solid episode, Barbatos' first sortie was short but nice. It seems that Gundam type is not very overpowering (yet), and there are some clever use of the environment as well. The Whisker gave good explanation on how Mika can activate Barbatos with ease, let's just hope that the creative team won't overdo the negative consequences.

I really like Kudelia. She's idealistic, yet smart enough to know that her father's probably behind this and that she is still very naive to the outside world. Poor her, rekt by Mika once again.

Interestingly, according to the Gjallarhorn Mars commander, it seems the plan to assassinate Kudelia is not to silence the independent movement, but rather to stir the Martian up so the situation will become violent. I wonder why? So that Gjallarhorn can interfere officially? But then it seems he was hell bent on keeping the whole situation hidden from the inspection officers

Looking forward to the next episode when finally the orphans will get to kick those assholes with their coup, and RIP the decent enemy pilot.
Old 2015-10-11, 08:27   Link #36
00 raizer

while some of people predict that orga gonna be the traditional masked pilot/commander,i gonna take chance that ein will become that masked pilot(if this series have one)...i think orga more fit to become captain that command vessel than becoming the pilot as we can see orga never pilot any mobile worker yet(i think the one he rode is pilot by eugene)...
00 raizer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:31   Link #37
dragon1412

Quote:
Originally Posted by LightningZERO View Post
You know I was thinking about these two like Guts and Griffith, then I think Brandon and Harry from Gungrave would be a more suitable comparison. A mentor type with big plans (that starts small) and an unquestioning subordinate type...let's see if the results will be the same.

Another solid episode, Barbatos' first sortie was short but nice. It seems that Gundam type is not very overpowering (yet), and there are some clever use of the environment as well. The Whisker gave good explanation on how Mika can activate Barbatos with ease, let's just hope that the creative team won't overdo the negative consequences.

I really like Kudelia. She's idealistic, yet smart enough to know that her father's probably behind this and that she is still very naive to the outside world. Poor her, rekt by Mika once again.

Interestingly, according to the Gjallarhorn Mars commander, it seems the plan to assassinate Kudelia is not to silence the independent movement, but rather to stir the Martian up so the situation will become violent. I wonder why? So that Gjallarhorn can interfere officially? But then it seems he was hell bent on keeping the whole situation hidden from the inspection officers

Looking forward to the next episode when finally the orphans will get to kick those assholes with their coup, and RIP the decent enemy pilot.
Not really sure, i originally though the same about Gjallarhorn, but then it didn't make sense why he would hide it from 2 inspectors. I think that there might be a different factions within Gjallarhorn as well

I really like Kudelia so far, sure she is idealistic and sheltered as well as naive, but at least she is aware of it and is trying to overcame it her own, apparently Mika and the girls group might play a role in this.

For me, judging Mika and Orga relationship at this point is a little too hard, all we knew is that they are trusting each other a lot. And that make sense if they were together since they were kids as shown in flashback. But Orga seem to have a lot of flags on him. And the fact that he has a reverse ahoge didn't help at all
dragon1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:38   Link #38
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

That guy who complained about Mika attacking workers lost all sympathy from me.

Also, where do they all get such abs? Aside form Biscuit.
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2015-10-11, 08:51   Link #39
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
Also, where do they all get such abs? Aside form Biscuit.
From working out & doing other physical exercises?

I think the show already tried to explain the abs by giving us a scene where Mika & Aki doing some workout together before the Gjallarhorn attacked (ep 1). I guess the other kids do the same but not as hardcore as those two (but still resulted in abs nonetheless)?
Old 2015-10-11, 09:17   Link #40
s07195
However,

So all non-ikemen/kakkoii characters will be complete assholes huh? At least we know what kind of characters to look out for now.

Also,
Spoiler for Those eyes... look like they're laughing at me.:

EDIT: Also, the OP and ED are good stuff. Yum.