2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 0.62%
Voters: 321. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2008-03-15, 12:34   Link #261
brightman
Ancient Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Key Board View Post
Reviving dead characters after an emotional farewell scene is what's horribly wrong with Sunrise
Stop lumping everything Sunrise does together. GSD and the Hime series were done by an almost 100% different creative team than this show. (not to mention all the other critically acclaimed Sunrise shows that have come out over the years where this didn't take place)
Old 2008-03-15, 12:35   Link #262
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

I've never liked Celestial Being, but Lockon was one of my favorite pilots in the show. Seeing him go like this, even saying somehow the same line that Kamina did before he left Haro, it got through my dark and cold heart.

And him matching up with Ali well without the Trans-Am makes him probably the best pilot out of the Meisters at this point.

Quote:
Oh, and as for grunts being good...

Giant beam blast of doom > grunts. Always. So says Virtue's Trans-Am. Sure, it's still a sad excuse of a wannabe of Wing Zero. But at least it gives credence to my opinion that it's not the grunts that are so damn good--it's the meisters that simply don't have enough death blasting weaponry and skill to make the grunts look like the grunts in other non-UC shows.
The grunts were always good, provided that they knew what they were up against. Now the grunt ACES, those guys are ultimately better.

Give the Aces the death blasting weaponry or the Trans-Am instead and say hello to 4 dead Gundams in the blink of an eye. Surely an overstatement, but that's the gap in ability and experience.

And yeah, when the meisters lack skill to pull off whatever needs to be pulled off while needing secret/super weapons to make the fight even, it just means that the grunts are that damn good that trump cards have to be used against them.

Still, Patrick blasted off again. And I'm just wondering when Ali's streak will end. The man's been on a killing spree since the last couple of episodes.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:41   Link #263
Joachim
et tu, brute?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO View Post
it would be a goddammn waste of a gar farewell if Ali lives, that'll just be akin to pissing on his dead body.

Ali has to die, if he comes back, then yes, Lockon, bloody well come back to drag him down to hell.

i'm taking you down with me to hell eh mate? hell yea, ali has to die before lockon kick the dust...

*cross finger

or maybe ali will have mortal wound and still end up dead but hey it's ali, tough as cockroach, strong as lion, sneaky like a snake
Joachim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:42   Link #264
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Arrow Analyzing...

I've been watching Lockon's death over and over again. I'm holding out hope that he was behind that explosion, not inside it.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:44   Link #265
shaselai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joachim View Post
i'm taking you down with me to hell eh mate? hell yea, ali has to die before lockon kick the dust...

*cross finger

or maybe ali will have mortal wound and still end up dead but hey it's ali, tough as cockroach, strong as lion, sneaky like a snake
I seriously doubt it since we seen many Setsuna Vs Ali scenes in the OPs so it would be anticlimatic without that fight - grahm vs setsuna is not going to cut it for the finale
shaselai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:44   Link #266
Demongod86
Gundam Boobs and Boom FTW

If they didn't find the body, then he is alive. If he IS on the Ptolemaios and in critical condition, he's alive. If they didn't find him and assumed him dead, he's alive.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:49   Link #267
dom33
Pat:TAISAAAAA!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Dearka View Post
I really don't see the point of reviving Lockon if they want to keep the series good. I'll be seriously disappointed if they did. It'd mean that they are again ready to screw everything up because of the fansbases. Most of the things that disappointed me in Destiny probably derived from the producers' will to please the fans. But... what if the producers are wrong and the there are many fans like me who "love to be hurt" by the plot?
(claps for sevral minutes)

@dg86 posters like you are why I left the code geass section.

@ wow it's already on youtube!?!?

well I'll admit I was dead wrong about lockon not dieing(as wrong as i was about code geass being a well written show, sorry i needed to get that out.)all his scenes were very touching...

as for daryl well he was an interesting and strong character I'm sure graham will put flowers on his grave

Im concerned about neena what happened to her exactly, does anyone know?

aeoliais dead, it was surprising that he was a good guy after all.

I'm curious what alejandro is up to and where he got bhis fashion sense(I mean that pilot suit is )

also patrick is still one of my top 5 characters for this series and better off than orange-kun and every other CG character!
WhiteWings:To this day I don't know what the insanity behind the decision to release the first GSD ending. My God that was without a doubt the worst ending I had ever seen in my life in a anime series.
Blizzer: He already has special powers called super pheromone powers which makes him irresistable to Sekirei's in heat.
dom33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:50   Link #268
Marsala
Delurker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
If they didn't find the body, then he is alive. If he IS on the Ptolemaios and in critical condition, he's alive. If they didn't find him and assumed him dead, he's alive.
If Lockon didn't have an identical twin, I would agree that he could be alive. But, since he has a twin, he can be dead and still return to the show, sort of.

On another note, Ali is looking less and less like a midboss character and more like the true #1 antagonist. He's basically the incarnation of war, he has unresolved history with Setsuna, and he has killed practically half the cast including a Gundam Meister. Finally, he seems to be connected to Alejandro.
Marsala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 12:50   Link #269
mikeabundo
mikeabundo.com

Send a message via ICQ to mikeabundo Send a message via AIM to mikeabundo Send a message via MSN to mikeabundo Send a message via Yahoo to mikeabundo
Arrow Lockon's Body

Quote:
Originally Posted by Demongod86 View Post
I see only three possibilities for that explosion:

1. Lockon was vaporized inside it.
2. Lockon was thrown clear of it.
3. Lockon was killed by shrapnel from it.

Number three is the only way they'll find the body.
Old 2008-03-15, 12:50   Link #270
Galerian

Lock-on used his gundam to try to avenge his family instead of trying to bring peace.

His death would fit neatly in the overall theme of 00.

Conclusion: he be dead.
Galerian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 13:05   Link #271
Terra

I'm reluctant to say Lockon is dead just yet. But I do admit he most likely is. If he didn't have a twin, then the chances of him living woul probably be higher. But he could have just be blown clear of the explosion since all we saw was the actual explosion and nothing afterwards with regards to Lockon. People are saying about the ressurection of other series of Heero and mwu, but in those cases they were actually in their cockpits and not floating in space some distance from the actual object exploding. But this series hasn't been shy of killing people.

If Ali did survive this ep, then he is dead in the next couple. With the kill count this guy is getting there's no way he's surviving to next season otherwise they'd be no one left. I see the big boss of the series coming from the people behind him, or Alejandro if he survives (but I get the feeling he's part of the people behind Ali).

As for people going on about the piloting skills. I see next season bringing the meisters skills really up. We've started to see them get better. But atm they need the tech advantage to survive. And something big has to happen for them to stop being hunted the way they are atm. Either thought dead, or things turn on the superpowers to get them to back off for a while. They barely have time to catch their breath before getting attacked again. Nowhere is safe for them atm. Something big is seriously coming.
Old 2008-03-15, 13:06   Link #272
Sir Dearka
Inglourious Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Galerian View Post
Lock-on used his gundam to try to avenge his family instead of trying to bring peace.
I think that he was just trying to do both of those things at the same time. Too much for him, it turned out... Ali is one lil' nasty piece of a scum.

Last edited by Sir Dearka; 2008-03-15 at 13:14. Reason: changed 'noth' to 'both'
Sir Dearka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 13:19   Link #273
OoFuri

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG_Zerg_Rush View Post
Dam those Jap Anon just don't wait
Spoiler for Haro shall never forget:
OoFuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 13:27   Link #274
LightningZERO
You are Dominated!
*Author

Did Lockon mention the name of his twins? I think he said something like Ray's future or something..
Old 2008-03-15, 13:27   Link #275
Nanaya
ハイパー武器英雄

Quote:
That's how it has to be. The main characters have to own everyone.
No, that's not how it has to be, that is how it normally is.

It's much better this way, because the suspense is ramped up a bit more. And it makes for fair play and even ground. One-sided beatdowns almost always never make fights enjoyable.
Old 2008-03-15, 13:54   Link #276
AlphaDragoon
Flame of the Dragonslayer

Holy crap. I did not expect that.

Okay, I wanna see CB go absolutely nuts on the 3 powers now.
AlphaDragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:10   Link #277
Realist_Classic
Casual prosumer of anime

Now that was one fine, satisfying episode. Pilots raging at one another with weapons ablaze. The first, truly satisfying mobile suit battle of this series, IMO.

Spoiler for First time in Gundam?:
Realist_Classic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:14   Link #278
UltimateClash

This is my favourite screenshot of the entire episode, It helps me get away from
Spoiler:
I can still hope though. The sniping module was closer to the explosion then he was, and it came out okay.

Spoiler:
UltimateClash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:15   Link #279
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Originally Posted by UltimateClash View Post
The sniping module was closer to the explosion then he was, and it came out okay.
People aren't quite as resilient as machine parts though...

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-15, 14:18   Link #280
hamstar
just passing by

if it wasnt for ali, gundams and trinity would still be owning up the world. You should be thanking him!