AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-26, 17:50   Link #101
Destined_Fate

To be fair he doesn't understand the average joe and has done just fine keeping them away. Even his own team didn't understand him all that well at the start of the series.

The Princess and Shoko though are t he only girls that have caused him to break off from his mostly uncaring or unphased mode. Haruto being the guy that does this for him but for different reasons.
Old 2013-09-26, 21:46   Link #102
Fjoergyn

L-Elf looks worried or something more xD. This scene made ​​me curious, the expression of L-Elf shows confusion.
Old 2013-10-11, 20:15   Link #103
Kurohane

After hearing that even memories can consist of runes, those images I showed earlier being part of a flashback looks to be more than speculation. Haruto hasn't really gotten to know L-elf. If he is going to only feed on L-elf, as a side effect, he most likely will experience his memories while in a trance state, such as dreaming or when biting him. This will help Haruto to understand L-elf. He knows L-elf as the cold strategist, and nothing more. Haruto relies on him, but he is ironically cold towards him. After knowing more about his past: Lieselotte, the Karlstein agency and his parents, he'll see L-elf in a different light, that he wasn't blessed like he was to live a normal life for 15 years, and understand why he acts the way he does yet still shows compassion to those important e.g. Lieselotte. If this happens, this feeding thing serves more than one purpose than to refuel the valvraves, though I worry what will happen to L-elf.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:03   Link #104
Destined_Fate

What do you think will happen if Haruto bites L-Elf and learns that L-Elf has growing feelings for Shoko? I don't see Haruto liking that one bit.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:15   Link #105
Kurohane

^ That's still speculation, but if true, it would be interesting.
Old 2013-10-11, 21:18   Link #106
erika4dsl

Saki has always seemed jealous of Shoko's relationship with Haruto and despite both being immortal and having had spent considerable time together, he's still "in love" only with Shoko and becomes envious of the (possible) relationship and feelings that grows between L-Elf and Shoko... that's a definite ouch for her. Saki is now important to Haruto, but important in a romantic sense or just a close friend sense?
Old 2013-10-11, 21:38   Link #107
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
Saki is now important to Haruto, but important in a romantic sense or just a close friend sense?
I think she is in a in-between point right now
Old 2013-10-11, 22:04   Link #108
Fjoergyn

Too early to talk of love between L-Elf and Shoko, however if L-Elf show confused about it, but do not think it gives easily. But it is clear that the L-11 liked Shoko and will become a long-term problem, especially if Shoko not feel the same.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:13   Link #109
Destined_Fate

Shoko may start to feel the same as she's very comfortable around him now and is spending a ton more time with him. Furthermore, the longer she puts off her feelings for Haruto the more likely those feelings will weaken with time as they change into different people. It also makes it more likely that her feelings will grow for L-Elf as he's going to be spending a lot of time with her as her only real contact due to her duties.
Old 2013-10-11, 22:28   Link #110
Divino

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
Shoko may start to feel the same as she's very comfortable around him now and is spending a ton more time with him. Furthermore, the longer she puts off her feelings for Haruto the more likely those feelings will weaken with time as they change into different people. It also makes it more likely that her feelings will grow for L-Elf as he's going to be spending a lot of time with her as her only real contact due to her duties.
To be honest I think the chances of Shoko returning L-Elf's feelings are pretty slim. I mean to her he is what Saki was to Haruto before the whole guilt mess happened with that incident. The only reason Haruto is developing feelings for saki right now is because of guilt and before that I doubt he would have even looked at her twice as a potential lover. So unless he has something to back him up on it Shoko won't see L-Elf as more than a close friend as of now.

Now whether or not is true that L-Elf will develop feelings for Shoko is another thing, but there is the similarity between these two scenes to consider:
Spoiler for image:
Old 2013-10-11, 22:36   Link #111
Fjoergyn

I think if I could get to like him but he will not do something soon, it will take time. But the real problem here is L-11, would be willing to do anything for her, that's what we do not know. Regarding Saki, she really is confused, his feelings for Haruto are more linked to the loyalty that love in my opinion.
Old 2013-10-11, 23:52   Link #112
Destined_Fate

I would disagree there. Her chances are pretty good, what's slim is her retaining feelings of love for Haruto as the truth is revealed, time goes on where she locks her own feelings away because of her position, and Haruto's own guilt where he'll push her away while L-Elf would welcome her company, in his own way, as she's valuable and he's now concerned about her well being a great deal. She also will feel bad for L-Elf for allowing Haruto to use him as his only object to feed upon despite the pain it would cause him when she learns of this too.

If the Princess dies or the such than Shoko could even see the L-Elf that was locked away long ago because he was forced to grow up too fast.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:29   Link #113
Kurohane

I was talking about how Haruto would be able to experience L-elf's memories and understand him. How did this become another shipping argument? I doubt we'll see any shipping moments till the later half of the season. Remember, right now, Shoko remains on the module, while other named characters are heading to earth. Remember, meeting fellow JIORians, finding people behind the Valvrave project. There are more important things right now than ships.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:38   Link #114
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
I was talking about how Haruto would be able to experience L-elf's memories and understand him. How did this become another shipping argument? I doubt we'll see any shipping moments till the later half of the season. Remember, right now, Shoko remains on the module, while other named characters are heading to earth. Remember, meeting fellow JIORians, finding people behind the Valvrave project. There are more important things right now than ships.
Maybe Haruto will experience some of L-Elf's memories as dreams?
Old 2013-10-12, 00:41   Link #115
Kurohane

Yeah, I mentioned that too in my second to last post, or when he's biting L-elf. There's too much to use from this than a simple refuel. Haruto needs to learn more about L-elf.
Old 2013-10-12, 00:45   Link #116
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Yeah, I mentioned that too in my second to last post, or when he's biting L-elf. There's too much to use from this than a simple refuel. Haruto needs to learn more about L-elf.
Another thing, what's the possibility of L-Elf showing side-effects?

Or, and I think someone mentioned this before, Haruto needing increasing quantities?
Old 2013-10-12, 01:05   Link #117
Kurohane

It's not a stretch to say L-elf is having the life sucked out of him. He will get weaker as time goes on. He may even die if the replenishing is too often.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:14   Link #118
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
It's not a stretch to say L-elf is having the life sucked out of him. He will get weaker as time goes on. He may even die if the replenishing is too often.
Plus they did say Haruto's episodes happening more and more. It also remains to be seen how often he'll need to feed on L-Elf.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:17   Link #119
Kurohane

From the episode, his attacks grow shorter due to the shortage of runes, and he depletes runes by piloting the valvrave. It depends on how often he has to fight.
Old 2013-10-12, 01:30   Link #120
Key Board
Carbon

As mentioned in another thread, I'm not sure what the effect on L-Elf is since he's the one that is losing runes, but..

It is speculated by Kibukawa that Runes contain DNA information and Haruto will be feeding from L-Elf more frequently so...

My prediction is...
Silver haired Haruto
A trait which he later passes down to his descendants
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Closed Thread

Tags
characters