AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross

Notices

Old 2010-10-31, 21:22   Link #101
charles88

But al least minor change like make Alto pretend to be not knoing during he forced fight against SMS when SMS become 'pirate'.Also i like to see Ben playing with Ai-kun and defend him when Alto try to kill him.

I just suggest that you dont follow too closely to original plot as i dont want you just copy plot.Since your fic got OC he can at least make some change such as PREVENT MIKHAIL DEATH.

Hope you consider my suggestion.
charles88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 21:25   Link #102
John117xCortana

Don't worry. Mikhail won't die. It would just seem like he died in the eyes of Luca, Alto and Klan.
John117xCortana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-10-31, 22:30   Link #103
Lancel

Quote:
Originally Posted by John117xCortana View Post
I do wonder what Sheryl would do about Ben after that incident though....
I doubt she'd exactly forget it but TBH she really doesn't seem like a particularly vindictive person, not to say that she isn't, just that I don't think she's exceptional in either direction. About like an average person, though she has a bit of celebrity style vengeance in her at this stage. Her blog even mentions she fired a stagehand for a reason I forget, though I seem to recall it was somewhat significant yet something someone else might forgive. The tone suggested she regretted it some and that she felt a need to justify it to herself again, like it was a spur of the moment thing.

Some ideas you might get from the post-bunker scene in episode 3. She's rather nonchalant while she levies a rather significant threat apparently at both of them to make sure they don't post anything online that they might have gotten recorded (ahem, wardrobe malfunction, her mention seemed a bit odd when you consider there was no obvious recording device, but she comes from Galaxy so she knows all about implants, and likely has a habit of assuming they're there due to Galaxy's population), which I believe included "I'll literally destroy you, socially as well as biologically." But then we go off into territory of just how serious that threat was. I generally assume she would have followed through to some degree, but ultimately she'd probably never have to in those cases, given who her manager is. I mean Grace can lay the smackdown on military defense computing infrastructures, a paparazzi with dirty pictures isn't going to last long, socially or biologically.

This tiff though isn't worthy of being Graced like that though, but Grace I could see making sure he doesn't work on anymore Sheryl concerts... unless... Well, as you know Grace is rather intrigued by her little emotion index as seen with Ranka. The attack on Galaxy could have been part of this, but anyway my point is Grace would either get rid of him or if she felt he could be used in her plans to get Sheryl more emotive then he might actually stick around.

But now I'm ahead of myself. Sheryl herself, probably not much at this stage unless he becomes a regular thorn in her side, content just not to see him again. If she does though, I could see traded barbs. Actually no, I can see it now, the next time she sees him (if she sees him) she'll have her little "Just who the hell do you think I am" smile/smirk on and she'll simply, out of the blue, answer his question from before. She won't say how she remembered and translated it (she got Grace to play it back from her implants and translate it). Annnd given that this would happen after the concert in which ALTO NEARLY KILLS HER, *ahem* Burn. She may not even wait for a response from him, just kinda give her answer and drop Alto's botched stunt with a May'n smile on her face and then withdraw with a light spring in her step and a quick, light-hearted "Don't screw up this time!"

At least that's what I thought of, but that assumes she even remembers that little tiff she had with him after all that happened afterward. Her memory isn't exactly perfect, "Wait a minute... I found that guy and in all the excitement I forgot to ask him about my earring! DAMN IT!"
Lancel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-11-01, 08:45   Link #104
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancel View Post
I doubt she'd exactly forget it but TBH she really doesn't seem like a particularly vindictive person, not to say that she isn't, just that I don't think she's exceptional in either direction. About like an average person, though she has a bit of celebrity style vengeance in her at this stage. Her blog even mentions she fired a stagehand for a reason I forget, though I seem to recall it was somewhat significant yet something someone else might forgive. The tone suggested she regretted it some and that she felt a need to justify it to herself again, like it was a spur of the moment thing.

Some ideas you might get from the post-bunker scene in episode 3. She's rather nonchalant while she levies a rather significant threat apparently at both of them to make sure they don't post anything online that they might have gotten recorded (ahem, wardrobe malfunction, her mention seemed a bit odd when you consider there was no obvious recording device, but she comes from Galaxy so she knows all about implants, and likely has a habit of assuming they're there due to Galaxy's population), which I believe included "I'll literally destroy you, socially as well as biologically." But then we go off into territory of just how serious that threat was. I generally assume she would have followed through to some degree, but ultimately she'd probably never have to in those cases, given who her manager is. I mean Grace can lay the smackdown on military defense computing infrastructures, a paparazzi with dirty pictures isn't going to last long, socially or biologically.

This tiff though isn't worthy of being Graced like that though, but Grace I could see making sure he doesn't work on anymore Sheryl concerts... unless... Well, as you know Grace is rather intrigued by her little emotion index as seen with Ranka. The attack on Galaxy could have been part of this, but anyway my point is Grace would either get rid of him or if she felt he could be used in her plans to get Sheryl more emotive then he might actually stick around.

But now I'm ahead of myself. Sheryl herself, probably not much at this stage unless he becomes a regular thorn in her side, content just not to see him again. If she does though, I could see traded barbs. Actually no, I can see it now, the next time she sees him (if she sees him) she'll have her little "Just who the hell do you think I am" smile/smirk on and she'll simply, out of the blue, answer his question from before. She won't say how she remembered and translated it (she got Grace to play it back from her implants and translate it). Annnd given that this would happen after the concert in which ALTO NEARLY KILLS HER, *ahem* Burn. She may not even wait for a response from him, just kinda give her answer and drop Alto's botched stunt with a May'n smile on her face and then withdraw with a light spring in her step and a quick, light-hearted "Don't screw up this time!"

At least that's what I thought of, but that assumes she even remembers that little tiff she had with him after all that happened afterward. Her memory isn't exactly perfect, "Wait a minute... I found that guy and in all the excitement I forgot to ask him about my earring! DAMN IT!"
The concert is going to be a bit different this time around though. I want to combine both the movie version and tv version of the concert. The first song is Universal Bunny, second would be Don't Be Late, third one would be Welcome To My FanClub's Night! and the fourth one would be What 'bout My Star. Alto's accident with Sheryl doesn't happen because the gang had trained harder than they did in the OTL mostly because of Ben. He said something about Sheryl going to underestimate them just because they are still in school and that the look on her face when they prove her wrong would be so worth it.

During the My FanClub's Night! show though Sheryl aimed and shot the heart hologram at Ben while he was flying nearby at full throttle. He didn't see the shot coming ( he was preoccupied with doing his job and wondering if the sniper squad was doing all right ) but his instinct screamed at him that he was going to get hit so he did a Cobra manuever on instinct to dodge the Sheryl's "shot". But I'm not sure what kind of damage that would do to Ben though, especially when he optimized his EX-Gear for an increase in speed and reaction time. Any ideas ?

Oh, and the part where Alto catches a falling Sheryl ? It follows the movie version.

Quote:

Unless what ? She also gets a feeling that theres more to that person than meets the eye ? Especially when his eyes look far older than his apparent age ?

Emotive ?

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2010-11-01 at 15:20.
Old 2010-11-01, 10:41   Link #105
Lancel

Ah, you're going alternate continuity, thought it was a tie-in with the series. It sounded like the series version of events.

The shot is probably pretty harmless, not more than a hologram. At best probably a light touch and a warm fuzzy feeling, kinda think Sharon Apple only a bit more innocent. Alto probably dodges out of reflex, and probably not knowing what it does himself.

As for the unless, what I mean is that the only reason I could see Grace actually wanting to keep him around to rile up Sheryl would be to bump up her emotion index with some extra anger as part of her fold wave studies.
Old 2010-11-01, 15:42   Link #106
charles88

I have question,did AVFX-02 Wyren uses EX Gear as piloting system?Also in ep 7 storyline,did Ben join in battle as well?f yes,did SMS knows that he pilot Wyern?Also in Galia 4 arc,did Ben give hint to Alto and Ranka that Ranlka once stay Galia 4 and show info of Grace research and Vajra info at Global 4 to at least give them hint that someone pulling string on Frontier?

Also did Ben has pet Vajra?Also did OC try to find Vajra nest in Frontier to at least tame some of them to reduce damage in Frontier during Vajra 2nd stage attack at ep 20?

Here my suggestion for pack system for Wyren

Stealth pack:This pack allow Wyren completely stealth but has to reduce armanent and change to weaker stealth beam pod.

UCAV conroller and AWACS pack:To allow Wyren control Ghost fighher.

Hope consider my idea!
Old 2010-11-01, 15:43   Link #107
John117xCortana

Quote:
Ah, you're going alternate continuity, thought it was a tie-in with the series. It sounded like the series version of events.
It will more or less follow the TV series version of events. With some changes due to butterfly effects.

Quote:
The shot is probably pretty harmless, not more than a hologram. At best probably a light touch and a warm fuzzy feeling, kinda think Sharon Apple only a bit more innocent. Alto probably dodges out of reflex, and probably not knowing what it does himself.
Yeah but what about any G force related injury when Ben goes from Full throttel to a Cobra in a split second ?

Quote:
As for the unless, what I mean is that the only reason I could see Grace actually wanting to keep him around to rile up Sheryl would be to bump up her emotion index with some extra anger as part of her fold wave studies.
Oh I see. Would she be amused of how that person seems to be pissing Sheryl off and at the same time be a close friend to her ?

Quote:
I have question,did AVFX-02 Wyren uses EX Gear as piloting system?Also in ep 7 storyline,did Ben join in battle as well? If yes,did SMS knows that he pilot Wyern? Also in Galia 4 arc,did Ben give hint to Alto and Ranka that Ranlka once stay Galia 4 and show info of Grace research and Vajra info at Global 4 to at least give them hint that someone pulling string on Frontier?
It uses a variation of it yes. Yes he did. No they didn't. No he didn't.

Quote:
Also did Ben has pet Vajra?Also did OC try to find Vajra nest in Frontier to at least tame some of them to reduce damage in Frontier during Vajra 2nd stage attack at ep 20?
No.

Quote:
Here my suggestion for pack system for Wyren

Stealth pack:This pack allow Wyren completely stealth but has to reduce armanent and change to weaker stealth beam pod.

UCAV conroller and AWACS pack:To allow Wyren control Ghost fighher.

Hope consider my idea!
Already have those actually.

Last edited by John117xCortana; 2010-11-01 at 15:54.
Old 2010-11-01, 16:28   Link #108
Lancel

Full throttle to cobra would be pretty hard to manage quickly, he'd have to really whip that EX-Gear from the wings lying parallel to his flight path to perpendicular using the vectored thrust and weight shifting by movement to accomplish it quickly. At that point we're talking about the EX-Gear's body and wings being used as a giant air break while the engines overcome gravity (and thankfully EX-Gear's appear to produce a 1:1 thrust ratio given they hover quite a bit, at least enough to overcome Frontier's 0.75 Gs).

If he manages to pull it off perfectly like that then it's all a factor of the area that's hitting air resistance, which is sadly something a bit behind my expertise to estimate, but I imagine it can't be much more strain than a combat parachute, and the EX-Gear should distribute the Gs pretty evenly across his entire body. He shouldn't suffer much more than maybe being slightly winded from the sudden jerk, he's effectively in a G-suit and even if he decelerated from 150 KPH to 0 KPH in one second that's only slightly more than 4 Gs of deceleration. Rough, but not particularly dangerous. Of course this all depends on just how FAST he's going in an indoor concert hall. The worst scenarios I envision would be if the sudden maneuver caused him to lose control and stall, or if the sudden air pressure stress on the wings caused them to bend or break.

If it's still the civilian unit then I'd say it's of questionable integrity stock, and if he's souped it up and going at full throttle like you said then doing that to those wings could be potentially very bad, since they were likely engineered for the original engine. Of course he might fix that. It's also possible the EX-Gear is over-engineered anyway, as Valkyries are quite often more tolerant of G-forces than the pilots themselves, though this is a civilian unit (presumably). That would be entirely up to you as to if you want to depict any kind of damage to the unit itself. It need not even be a critical failure, but could bend the wings or twist the frame some, which could piss him off because he'd probably have to replace the wings.

And I probably just spent too much time analyzing this.
Old 2010-11-02, 02:56   Link #109
John117xCortana

Quote:
Full throttle to cobra would be pretty hard to manage quickly, he'd have to really whip that EX-Gear from the wings lying parallel to his flight path to perpendicular using the vectored thrust and weight shifting by movement to accomplish it quickly. At that point we're talking about the EX-Gear's body and wings being used as a giant air break while the engines overcome gravity (and thankfully EX-Gear's appear to produce a 1:1 thrust ratio given they hover quite a bit, at least enough to overcome Frontier's 0.75 Gs).

If he manages to pull it off perfectly like that then it's all a factor of the area that's hitting air resistance, which is sadly something a bit behind my expertise to estimate, but I imagine it can't be much more strain than a combat parachute, and the EX-Gear should distribute the Gs pretty evenly across his entire body. He shouldn't suffer much more than maybe being slightly winded from the sudden jerk, he's effectively in a G-suit and even if he decelerated from 150 KPH to 0 KPH in one second that's only slightly more than 4 Gs of deceleration. Rough, but not particularly dangerous. Of course this all depends on just how FAST he's going in an indoor concert hall. The worst scenarios I envision would be if the sudden maneuver caused him to lose control and stall, or if the sudden air pressure stress on the wings caused them to bend or break.
He was going at 210 MPH. He reinforced the wings the rudders and the vernier thrusters to compensate.

Quote:
If it's still the civilian unit then I'd say it's of questionable integrity stock, and if he's souped it up and going at full throttle like you said then doing that to those wings could be potentially very bad, since they were likely engineered for the original engine. Of course he might fix that. It's also possible the EX-Gear is over-engineered anyway, as Valkyries are quite often more tolerant of G-forces than the pilots themselves, though this is a civilian unit (presumably). That would be entirely up to you as to if you want to depict any kind of damage to the unit itself. It need not even be a critical failure, but could bend the wings or twist the frame some, which could piss him off because he'd probably have to replace the wings.
Any internal injury that could result in him coughing up blood ?

Quote:
And I probably just spent too much time analyzing this.
No it's all right. It's very well thought out. ^_ Don't stop.
Old 2010-11-02, 04:11   Link #110
charles88

Oh yeah I suggest AWACS pack of Wyren capable of intersect communication especially Grace conversation with her co-conspirator.

Why STC send Ben to Macross Frontier fleet?Also did SMS aware of AVFX-02 Wyren existence?

Last edited by charles88; 2010-11-02 at 04:53.
Old 2010-11-02, 04:50   Link #111
Lancel

Quote:
Any internal injury that could result in him coughing up blood ?
Not likely as far as I know unless he has some sort of preexisting condition. If he were to go from 210 MPH to 0 MPH in a second, which I think would need him to use the engines some to decelerate, I doubt wing span would be quite enough to pull that level of deceleration, that's roughly 9.57 horizontal Gs for one second. That's going to be rough, but heck if it takes him two seconds to decelerate instead of one he halves the G-forces.

As a quick note there is a wiki entry on human tolerance of Gs, and this scenario would effectively be eyeballs-out horizontal Gs, which notably indicates that a man tolerated 46.2 Gs peak force and 25 Gs for 1.1 second sustained in that direction without severe injury, though lifelong damage to his eyes due to the retinal blood vessels being more sensitive in that direction. His eyes could potentially be bloodshot after that stunt, but he shouldn't be bad off at 9.57 Gs, apparently people IRL have tolerated up to 12 Gs in that direction for several minutes without any apparent issue.
Old 2010-11-02, 05:12   Link #112
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
Oh yeah I suggest AWACS pack of Wyren capable of intersect communication especially Grace conversation with her co-conspirator.
Right.

Quote:
Why STC send Ben to Macross Frontier fleet?Also did SMS awware of AVFX-02 Wyren existence?
It's STS. To keep an eye on the events, watch for any butterfly effects, make sure that events more or less happens in the OTL, and make sure the important people survive. And no they are not aware about it's existance.

Quote:
Not likely as far as I know unless he has some sort of preexisting condition. If he were to go from 210 MPH to 0 MPH in a second, which I think would need him to use the engines some to decelerate, I doubt wing span would be quite enough to pull that level of deceleration, that's roughly 9.57 horizontal Gs for one second. That's going to be rough, but heck if it takes him two seconds to decelerate instead of one he halves the G-forces.
Like several bullet scars in the chest and internal organs ?

Quote:
As a quick note there is a wiki entry on human tolerance of Gs, and this scenario would effectively be eyeballs-out horizontal Gs, which notably indicates that a man tolerated 46.2 Gs peak force and 25 Gs for 1.1 second sustained in that direction without severe injury, though lifelong damage to his eyes due to the retinal blood vessels being more sensitive in that direction. His eyes could potentially be bloodshot after that stunt, but he shouldn't be bad off at 9.57 Gs, apparently people IRL have tolerated up to 12 Gs in that direction for several minutes without any apparent issue.
Wow......

Would the crowd be a little surpirsed at the stage flyer performer's little unexpected manuever ?
Old 2010-11-02, 09:08   Link #113
Lancel

Probably surprised, but it's another stunt to the general population. As for old war wounds, I'd say one would have to be a relatively recent wound to cause that, maybe one not quite fully healed just after being cleared for this sort of duty again.
Old 2010-11-03, 03:14   Link #114
John117xCortana

Would Sheryl spot the blood trickling out of his mouth ?

Would the VFX Ravens check out rumors of a mysterious PMC operating in the outer colonies/fringe worlds with new equipment and new tech during the 2 years and 8 months time gap ?
Old 2010-11-03, 04:34   Link #115
charles88

In second question,yes.By the way when SMS become 'pirate',did Ben and other OC follow them to Galia 4 or stay behind or some of them stay and some of them follow?

By the way i hope Ben and other OC gather evidence to prove Grace,Leon and her Galaxy cohort were behind Vajra attack on Macross Frontier and Galia 4 dimension eater attack and their plan of universal domination involving Vajra and give info to Alto and NUNS.

By the way, when Vajra gain immunity on nuclear weapon and current SMS weaponary,what type of weapon STS gona send to be effective against Vajra?

Last edited by charles88; 2010-11-03 at 04:52.
Old 2010-11-03, 06:51   Link #116
John117xCortana

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles88 View Post
In second question,yes.By the way when SMS become 'pirate',did Ben and other OC follow them to Galia 4 or stay behind or some of them stay and some of them follow?

By the way i hope Ben and other OC gather evidence to prove Grace,Leon and her Galaxy cohort were behind Vajra attack on Macross Frontier and Galia 4 dimension eater attack and their plan of universal domination involving Vajra and give info to Alto and NUNS.
Come now. I can't tell the whole story now. You'll just have to wait and see.

But you can try guessing what they do.

Quote:
By the way, when Vajra gain immunity on nuclear weapon and current SMS weaponary,what type of weapon STS gona send to be effective against Vajra?
The mix and match weapons. Lasers, plasma, particle and projectile weapons.

The STS doesn't use nuclear weapons.
Old 2010-11-03, 08:15   Link #117
Lancel

Quote:
Would Sheryl spot the blood trickling out of his mouth ?
That's the thing about humans, we're actually wired so red stands out, presumably because it's the color of blood. If she had a good enough look, she'd notice as well as anyone. I suspect she'd even ask about it too in her tsundere mannerisms, that is if she saw.
Old 2010-11-03, 08:29   Link #118
John117xCortana

Well after Ben did his cobra and resumed flying he started coughing up blood. But sine he was flying in formation he swallowed the blood, although not all of it as a sma;; trickle came out at the side of his mouth. When Sheryl's "MyFanClub's Night" show was over the rest of the team went back behind stage to rest since the next song doesn't have any flying stunts/performers. Mikhail then walked towards Ben to inquiry him about his little cobra stunt when Ben started coughing up blood again. The team was shocked, Alto and Luca grabbed hold of Ben to keep him steady. Mikhail asks whats wrong with Ben, he says that an old wound of his opened up again. Mikhail then says Ben doesn't need to perform on the next run and that he should rest and go to the hospital. But Ben says he won't, he says that he doesn't quit until he gets the job done. And their job isn't done yet. He says he'll be ok and back on his feet after a while. And he brought some medication with him incase this happened.

Would Grace notice that ?
Old 2010-11-03, 08:53   Link #119
Lancel

With the amount of implants she has, she'd notice if a fly had a heart attack.
Old 2010-11-03, 08:57   Link #120
John117xCortana

Would she show it to Sheryl ?