AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-13, 05:17   Link #1
NeoSam

Shukufuku no Campanella -la campanella della benedizione-

The bishoujo game/eroge Shukufuku no Campanella -la campanella della benedizione- by Windmill Oasis will be getting an anime adaptation:
http://d.hatena.ne.jp/moonphase/20090813

(Windmill Oasis is ARES's adult game brand)

The following content contains adult links (NFSW).

==========

祝福のカンパネラ -la campanella della benedizione-
Shukufuku no Campanella -la campanella della benedizione-

Male oriented adult game.

The game was released on January 30th, 2009.

Windmill's page for the game:
http://windmill.suki.jp/product/campanella/index.html

Getchu's page for the game:
http://www.getchu.com/soft.phtml?id=497465

From VNDB.org:

Quote:
The story takes place in Ert'Aria. The city is called "the city of treasures" and people are now busy preparing for a harvest festival. There is a mysterious power called Ale. If you gather Ale and crystallize it, it turns into a jewel. Once in every seven years, the harvest of Ale increases. The main character is Leicester. He is an item engineer and belongs to an adventurer group called Oasis. He also looks forward to the festival. A group of shooting stars fill in the sky in the year when the harvest of Ale increases. Yes, today is the day. Carina, Leicester's old friend, can't wait for it, so she takes him out into the town. At night, when Leicester and his friends have a party, a shooting star comes towards them! It passes them and falls down nearby. They rush to the venue and find a secret room. The room is filled with mysterious atmosphere and a girl sleeps in the bed. When Leicester looks at her face, she wakes up and says, "Oh, you're my father!" Her name is Minette and she leads Leicester and his friends to an adventure....
Genre: Seinen, Adventure, Fantasy, Romance

==========
Old 2009-08-13, 07:16   Link #2
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
after 11eyes now campanella will become anime
Can't wait to see chelsea
Old 2009-08-13, 10:38   Link #3
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master Anime View Post
after 11eyes now campanella will become anime
Can't wait to see chelsea
Agreed!

This should make for a pretty natural 12-episode anime (which is all I'm expecting, unfortunately), but I would guess that it's going to be the sort of show you're going to watch for the characters and less for the plot. Basically, I am expecting a more light-hearted version of Happiness!, with more gags and humour, and a similarly-campy ending (as, like most Windmill games, the story was deliberately campy, but not quite to the point where it's a full-on parody). The game sort of plays out like a bishoujo-cetric RPG plot, so I'd expect some setup episodes, character episodes, random humour/fanservice episodes, and then a rush towards a conclusion. But despite that (and though that may sound like a bad thing to some people), the story in the game carries itself entirely on the strength of its characters and their interactions (and its over-the-top-ness in almost every way), so it should be fun enough to watch. I expect Chelsea to easily capture the hearts of most of the fans (though, like most favoured protagonists...), but I personally liked all the other heroines as well.

Anyway, I'm not expecting a revolution here, but I think it should be fun. I'm looking forward to it!
relentlessflame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-13, 11:13   Link #4
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

I'm a bit surprised to see it receives an adaptation. The game is only half a year old, and there are many more eroges in 2009 with more sales, ratings, and "hype" which I've thought it's supposed to be the primary selling factor when adapting something.
The VN on Erogamescape (NSFW) is voted quite mediocrish as 75/71, and (I'd guess) its sizeable length explains why 12% dropped the game before finishing it (that's a bit high IMO).
The western players' opinion differ quite a bit from what I've heard. Some seem to recommend it, and other players dropped it due to "it was boring" (quoted). I couldn't find any full review so far, but I might edit that post later if I find a full english review. In any case, M3rry posted his first impressions here, and Hemisphere wrote a review about the trial version.

Anyway here's the game's subbed OP. The subs are by rothmansordunhill.
Spoiler for Game Opening. Press the HQ icon at the bottom.:
_________
As I usually follow (more accurately I try to) most eroge adaptations, I'm probably going to follow that too, but as I said, I'm a wee bit surprised that they are going to adapt that instead of the other, more hyped 2009 VNs.
Old 2009-08-13, 12:07   Link #5
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I'm a bit surprised to see it receives an adaptation. The game is only half a year old, and there are many more eroges in 2009 with more sales, ratings, and "hype" which I've thought it's supposed to be the primary selling factor when adapting something.
The VN on Erogamescape (NSFW) is voted quite mediocrish as 75/71, and (I'd guess) its sizeable length explains why 12% dropped the game before finishing it (that's a bit high IMO).
The western players' opinion differ quite a bit from what I've heard. Some seem to recommend it, and other players dropped it due to "it was boring" (quoted).

[...]

As I usually follow (more accurately I try to) most eroge adaptations, I'm probably going to follow that too, but as I said, I'm a wee bit surprised that they are going to adapt that instead of the other, more hyped 2009 VNs.
Well, keep timing in mind as well; it was released right at the very beginning of 2009, so it's a bit early to see announcements for any of the games that have come since. Even so, this is still the #4 top-selling game in the first half of 2009 on Getchu.com, and features high-quality character designs by a popular artist that has had their work animated once before, along with a cast of popular seiyuu. As such, it's a very "merchandise-friendly" title for things like figures, CDs, character goods, and so on. It's also a natural transition as a console title, which the anime will certainly help promote. To top it all off, I think the story is pretty well-suited to anime, both in terms of the plot and in terms of the world/characters/setting -- if given a suitable budget, it should be a relatively nice-looking show. The fact that it has a manga running in Comptiq probably also helps its case; almost every manga that runs in Comptiq is tied to some sort of anime (which makes sense because it's Kadokawa's main bishoujo magazine, and they're one of the larger anime publishers...).

So anyway, I guess I'm not really surprised. This game was quite well-promoted, and though it seems to have gone under the radar in the English community, it was featured extensively in manga Japanese anime/game magazines, again largely on the strength of the popular character designer/artist. And this wouldn't by any means be the first time that a game that scores in the low-70s on EroGameScape gets selected for an anime adaptation -- there's very low correlation between ratings on that site and... well, a lot of things, in my opinion. It's just one data point to consider.

In terms of the game itself... I did finish it to 100% completion, so I suppose I could post some impressions at some point if no one else did. I think the relatively-high amount of "Give Ups" is because the game is quite long (I'd guess may 12-15 hours on the first playthrough?) and has a draggy first chapter, so you need to push through. Once you get to the second chapter and into the epilogue, the game picks up the pace rather nicely, but some might have given up before they got that far. I don't think any of this will be a problem for the anime, though, especially if it only gets 12 episodes.
Old 2009-08-13, 12:55   Link #6
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Glad you see you liked it at least Relentless. It was certainly not my intention to bash it, so I apologize if it seemed that way. (I guess I'm just dieing to see those VNs adapted, which I'm really interested in, instead of Shukufuku for example.)
I agree that there is no real relation between the general ratings the VNs the japanese audience rates and the anime adaptation of the same game, but it is one mildly interesting thing to know IMO.
Well it went on sale quite early in 2009 (jan 30), so I would imagine that few games, which came out like April/May/June will be sold better than SnC.
I wonder if it is indeed going to be 12 episodes, if the story is that long (VNDB estimates it between 30-50 hours). Wouldn't that feel too rushed and/or incomplete in your opinion?
As for your impression it'd certainly nice to read it, as long as it's spoilerfree :P .
Old 2009-08-13, 13:16   Link #7
Master Anime
Miracle Man
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via Yahoo to Master Anime
Is there is any confirmation this anime will be 12 ep ?
I don't think 12 ep is enough to cover enough entire game
Old 2009-08-13, 19:22   Link #8
rg4619

Quote:
Is there is any confirmation this anime will be 12 ep ?
There are no details yet. However, this isn't exactly a huge property, so I wouldn't expect more than 12-13 episodes (typical length for a bishoujo game adaptation).
rg4619 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-14, 22:33   Link #9
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by izmosmolnar View Post
I wonder if it is indeed going to be 12 episodes, if the story is that long (VNDB estimates it between 30-50 hours). Wouldn't that feel too rushed and/or incomplete in your opinion?
Quote:
I don't think 12 ep is enough to cover enough entire game
Well, it certainly wouldn't be enough to cover everything, definitely. But without any spoilers, the game is organized into "quests", and many of these are sort of run-of-the-mill-RPG variety -- like, go to some area to fetch some item, and fight a boss while you're there sort of thing. The purpose of these little scenarios is to gradually flesh out the characters and their interactions, but they don't really do all that much to advance the core story. So if they're focused on a "bang-for-your-buck" anime, I think they can reduce things down to just the main quests, and just try to concentrate as much character development as they can in that time. If you imagine 2 episodes of setup, 2 episodes per main heroine, and 2 episodes of finale, it'd probably "work", but it'd be the Happiness! anime approach. I guess I'm not really expecting them to be "true to the game's story" in detail, but at least true to the characters and bring over some elements of the story. (In other words, an anime based on the game, not exactly an "adaptation of the game".) As rg4619 said, I don't really expect this to receive the budget for a full-fledged adaptation, but I'm not 100% sure that it really needs it all that much. It's more of a light-hearted character-driven game (like most Windmill stories).
Old 2009-08-14, 23:17   Link #10
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

hmm well between this and 11eyes, I think I'll probably enjoy this more.
I love these old medieval settings plus Chelsea looks like she'll be a great character!

alot of sub characters, hope to see most of em especially the twins(?)
Old 2009-08-15, 00:46   Link #11
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonta Kun View Post
alot of sub characters, hope to see most of em especially the twins(?)
Well, yes, the twins are a must. If there's one thing I think they absolutely have to preserve in the anime, it's sense of humour inherent in the character interactions, and the Tortilla sisters (how can you go wrong with a name like "Salsa Tortilla"? ) are an essential part of that. I could probably forgive them if they totally abandoned the plot, so long as they preserve the dynamics between the cast. That's what I want to see from this anime. And any quest was automatically enhanced by an appearance by the twins. And also by Garnet. Lots of those, and this anime will be full of win in my mind.
Old 2009-08-15, 18:01   Link #12
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

I'm really liking the character designs here, very nicely done all around they really tickle my fancy plus there is indeed some great names floating about
Aberdeen is I chuckled at

Really looking forward to this, fills that role that Akane-iro, Tayutama, and Princess Lover have for me
Character designs alone puts this ahead of the rest already.

also am I right in saying, Garnet's game VA is that the same one that does Ameri from Tayutama anime?
Old 2009-08-16, 01:12   Link #13
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Quote:
also am I right in saying, Garnet's game VA is that the same one that does Ameri from Tayutama anime?
While I'm not entirely sure, due to the language barrier, I think they are different.

As far as I'm able to gather with my limited japanese combined with the machine translator, Ameri's VA is called (in both the Tayutama game and anime): 花野香 = Hanano Kaori. Her Erogamescape page (NSFW) shows that she doesn't have any other role besides Tayutama's game, fandisk, and anime.
On the other hand ガーネット's (= Garnet) VA is 中野紗来 = Nakano Sarai. According to her EGS page , Garnet was her only role so far.

Well, it's possible I'm wrong somehow (I can't be confident unfortunately), and they are the same person, in which case she just used different names for the two games, but I imagine the Japanese audience would have noticed that already if that's the case.
Old 2009-08-16, 16:14   Link #14
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

ahh I see well good chance it ain't the same person then but damn they sound pretty much the same to me

Wonder what the VA cast for this is gonna be like.
Old 2009-09-26, 00:04   Link #15
relentlessflame

*Administrator

This is just a little bump to say that I noticed this month's Comptiq magazine had a simple little note in the sidebar for the Campanella manga that said, basically, "Anime in Production!" No further information, but it's nice to have double-confirmation that this wasn't just some slip-up in one CD solicitation.

(By the way, the manga chapter was an adaptation of the "mushroom" quest of the game... for those who remember that joke... )
Old 2009-12-25, 23:05   Link #16
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Another bump almost three months later now that the official website is online, and the anime is now listed for a start in July 2010. The promo art on the site is actually quite nice -- it's a bit of a cross between the art in the original game and a bit of influence from the Campanella manga.

This is a MMV/Media Factory co-production (as was Happiness!, back in the day), which means we'll only get 12 episodes, so my expectations are for a simple fun time with the cast. I expect the story, such that it is, to be really silly/cheesy, but the humour and characters should still carry the show (as they did in the game). Basically, if you liked Happiness! (anime), I fully expect this anime to have similar tones. With those sorts of expectations in mind, I'm looking forward to the show.

Edit: By the way, the director here did D.C. if, Straight Jacket, and is working on this coming season's Omamori Himari. They have the writer who did Sunred and Seto no Hanayome, though, which is a great choice for this sort of a silly/parody story. Anime production is AIC, so I think they should do a good job there.
Old 2009-12-25, 23:10   Link #17
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by relentlessflame View Post
really silly/cheesy...humour and characters
Those words are music to my ears.

The voice cast has also been revealed, and it's the same as the game's.

But to be specific:

Minette: Mai Kadowaki
Chelsea: Asami Imai
Carina: Kimiko Koyama
Nina: Michiru Yuimoto
Agnes: Kaori Mizuhashi
Salsa: Mia Naruse
Ritos: Mai Goto
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-01-28, 00:44   Link #18
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Well I was wondering if there was any new news about this and so went in search and to my surprise they had put a promo up on the main site on the 5th.

I try not to get my hopes up over promos and trailers but in this case I really can't help myself!
Looks great to me even if they only show some scenery and some stills of the girls but looks great none the less.

little question, what is the lead like?
Arrogant? Wimpy? Useless? Complete Moron? A spineless fool that should burn in hell for all time for rejecting a beauties advances?

lol sorry for the skepticism but this is an eroge anime adaptation
Old 2010-01-28, 16:02   Link #19
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Quote:
little question, what is the lead like?
Arrogant? Wimpy? Useless? Complete Moron? A spineless fool that should burn in hell for all time for rejecting a beauties advances?

lol sorry for the skepticism but this is an eroge anime adaptation
I guess the best way to describe Leicester would be to say that he's the town's Most Eligible Bachelor. He's an item-maker/engineer by trade, but also a competent swordsman. He and Carina run the respected Oasis clan. All the girls in the game are basically heads-over-heals for him (which is also part of the comedy). The only flaw is that he's a bit slow to pick up on hints from the ladies, which is partly due to his sort of "stoic-ness" (typical RPG swordsman sort of trait). The fact that he's a bit older than your average male lead in the genre eliminates some of the more common "annoying" traits.

So unless they change up the story a lot for the anime, I wouldn't think you would find him particularly annoying. He doesn't just win over the ladies for being "nice", but also for being competent, plus he's not a kid.
Old 2010-01-28, 16:20   Link #20
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Ah well thats certainly reassuring, don't mind if he is a tad slow at picking up on the little hints, it's something I don't mind.

looking forward to this even more now!

Tags
adventure, eroge, fantasy, romance, seinen