AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima Episode 9 Rating
Perfect 10 11 26.83%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 13 31.71%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 14 34.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 2 4.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 2.44%
Voters: 41. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2006-08-27, 09:28   Link #1
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Zero no Tsukaima Episode 9 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to this week's episode of Zero no Tsukaima. Episode 09!

While Zero no Tsukaima has not been licensed, it is produced by or has an affiliation with Media Factory Inc., (MFI), therefore we won't be listing fansubs here on AnimeSuki. See Removal of Media Factory Inc. Works for details.

Since it is "restricted", the following posts are not allowed in this forum.
  • Asking where you can find Zero no Tsukaima downloads or torrents.
  • Discussing Zero no Tsukaima fansub groups (past or present).
  • Asking for help downloading Zero no Tsukaima.
  • Asking for playback help for Zero no Tsukaima episodes.
These rules applies to fansubs (in English or any other language) and RAWs alike. You still are allowed to discuss the anime, that has not changed but please remember to limit the discussion to the story.

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs either.
  • Try to keep manga spoilers out of the anime thread. If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the manga, either PM them or use Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.
Please use the Report button if you see any unmarked spoilers or other problems.

How to use Spoiler Tags

Spoiler tags are easy.

[spoiler=Episode 10]This is example text and what you would see when clicking on the Spoiler button.[/spoiler]

...will get you this...

Spoiler for Episode 10:
Old 2006-08-27, 09:34   Link #2
xris
Just call me Ojisan

Before anyone asks, let me stand in for Catgirls and answer a few questions:

» No, Episode 9 is not out yet. Episode 9 will air Monday, 12:30 AM (Japan time). You can figure out how that translates to your time zone by reading the first post in the Q&A thread.
» Yes, I started the thread early. Why? So that people could post their hopes & expectations for the upcoming episode.
» Yes, I know other Mods don’t start episode threads early but Catgirls likes to start them early for discussion purposes.
» Any discussion on diet beverages will get you banned!
Old 2006-08-27, 13:34   Link #3
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

My little speculation

Tabassa has another difficult assignment. She probably has to face another dragon. Poor girl. Good thing that Kirche's there to help her.

In the middle of the assignment she is ambushed by assassins. I suspect that all of the plotting and assassination attempts are somehow related to that guy who freed Longville-san.

My hopes & expectations

Not much. But I suspect that the title Louise's transformation has more to do with Louise's magic powers then the love potion.
Hmm... I wonder were Louise is when Saito and Montmorency are in Charlotte's country fighting with... uhh... mud apparently.

One thing I really want is some development in the evil department. Two episodes of just fun & play are enough, it's about time things started moving.
Old 2006-08-27, 13:38   Link #4
garra113
CaramellDansen!!!

Wow I like the begining lol

Spoiler:

Last edited by garra113; 2006-08-27 at 13:49.
Old 2006-08-27, 14:39   Link #5
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

I think this may happen in this episode
Spoiler:

Last edited by zgmf-x19a; 2006-08-27 at 14:54.
Old 2006-08-27, 15:38   Link #6
akurashy
Cookie monstah!

Did they changed the airing dates now? =o *i thought they aired every friday or something)

anyway can't wait =o
Old 2006-08-27, 18:37   Link #7
Xellos-_^
Not Enough Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurashy
Did they changed the airing dates now? =o *i thought they aired every friday or something)

anyway can't wait =o
no it has always been sunday
Old 2006-08-27, 18:53   Link #8
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by akurashy

anyway can't wait =o
the sooner the better I find it sad that there is only 13 episodes it would be nice if there was a 2nd or even a 3rd season
Old 2006-08-27, 18:54   Link #9
zgmf-x19a
Divine Gundam Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xellos-_^
no it has always been sunday

didn't the Q&A here say monday? lol
Old 2006-08-27, 19:37   Link #10
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y from ep.8 thread
Hopefully, they'll do the love potion story right. In the next episode, I look forward to seeing,
Spoiler:

I'm counting on you, J.C.Staff.
Let's see, out of the 5 items, they managed to complete 4 of them. Too bad they had to substitute the night of kiss marks with only a playful bite instead.

Siesta's jealousy was nice too, although it could'be been fleshed out more (they could've included the part where Siesta crushed Saito's foot while wearing a big smile on her face ).

The overall flow of the episode was nice, but compared to the other episodes, this one does feel slightly rushed: packing everything into one episode meant they had to cut back and forth between the lovey dovey moe scenes and serious drama scenes relatively quickly, reducing the impacts of both.

But still, 100% for Louise's dere dere mode. Her reaction after returning to normal is also fun to watch. ^^

Next episode, here comes Mr. who-you-callin'-an-old-man?, Waldo. It looks like the final 4 episodes is going to be devoted to volume 2 and 3. Hmm, it just might work.
Old 2006-08-27, 19:41   Link #11
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
When do they say if there will be a second season considering there is only 5 more to go before it ends.
Old 2006-08-27, 19:47   Link #12
Srin Tuar
無謀

They cut so many details I can't help but think this anime is more of a trailer for the novels than a story in its own right. Well, its not a bad series still, despite being terribly rushed.

I highly recommend the novels to anyone studying Japanese. They have furigana on many words, and you can always skip over the intrigue parts that are harder to read if you need to, while still enjoying the romantic and moe scenes which are in the most basic Japanese.
Old 2006-08-27, 20:27   Link #13
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
They cut so many details I can't help but think this anime is more of a trailer for the novels than a story in its own right. Well, its not a bad series still, despite being terribly rushed.
I don't think it's that bad at all. Compared to the crap I had to see from Higurashi, this anime is 500 times better. The things they cut out here were all within acceptable levels.

Shana was pretty much the same too, imo J.C. Staff is actually one of the better companies at creating anime adaptations of novel originals.
Old 2006-08-27, 21:14   Link #14
Omniscient

Episode 09 Screencaps and Summary

Spoiler:
As for the discussion about the novels, I have to say that that's why I always read stuff after I see the anime - in order to get the most enjoyment from both sources.
Old 2006-08-27, 21:16   Link #15
Srin Tuar
無謀

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omniscient
As for the discussion about the novels, I have to say that that's why I always read stuff after I see the anime - in order to get the most enjoyment from both sources.
Haha, lol, I would hate to sound like one of those people who read the manga then rag on the anime version incessantly. I agree the show is still good, absolutely. otoh, I'm sure that noone would complain were it to be twice as long with more juicy details.

I think I prefer it this way: I'd rather not spoil the novels by watching the anime first, hehe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
I don't think it's that bad at all. Compared to the crap I had to see from Higurashi, this anime is 500 times better. The things they cut out here were all within acceptable levels.
about higurashi: I dropped it because the story just didnt make sense to me.
I didnt get what the big deal was about watching a series of recycled characters act out fairly un-suspensful scenarios. After the first few, it even became predictable, in the sense that you knew something bad was going to happen one way or another.
There was no way to build the level of attachment to the characters that makes suspense work for me. Perhaps the game was much better.

It still seems popular, but I dont get the attraction myself
Quote:
Shana was pretty much the same too, imo J.C. Staff is actually one of the better companies at creating anime adaptations of novel originals.
Hrm, shana just fell apart near the end. The story stopped making any shred of sense, and probably anyone could tell it was being rushed off stage.

Have you read the novels? If so, would you recommend them?
Old 2006-08-27, 21:22   Link #16
shadowWizz

Send a message via MSN to shadowWizz
Quote:
Too bad they had to substitute the night of kiss marks with only a playful bite instead.
That was SOOO bad... I was soo looking forward to that

Quote:
The overall flow of the episode was nice, but compared to the other episodes, this one does feel slightly rushed: packing everything into one episode meant they had to cut back and forth between the lovey dovey moe scenes and serious drama scenes relatively quickly, reducing the impacts of both.
I really thought that this episode was a bit too much of a rushed, but seeing the amount of content that they have squeezed in, i'll just let it slide this time...

Quote:
But still, 100% for Louise's dere dere mode. Her reaction after returning to normal is also fun to watch. ^^
I'm totally with you there... too bad it got interupted

~ I’m always ready to learn, but I do not always like to be taught.~
Old 2006-08-27, 21:28   Link #17
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
owh already turned back after 1 ep i thought it might last a bit longer *must not pay to much attention to the spoilers*

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2006-08-27, 22:16   Link #18
dxanato

Send a message via ICQ to dxanato Send a message via AIM to dxanato Send a message via Yahoo to dxanato
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz
owh already turned back after 1 ep i thought it might last a bit longer *must not pay to much attention to the spoilers*
You will look I know it.

I can't wait to Louise try to seduce Saito.
Old 2006-08-27, 22:18   Link #19
ordnance11

Ahh, too bad Louise didn't hickie Saito to death....but would had turned the episode into an ero one...

As for the preview...are talking about Oliver Cromwell here?
Old 2006-08-27, 22:57   Link #20
Sushi-Y
湯音カワユス~
*Scanlator

Quote:
Perhaps the game was much better.

It still seems popular, but I dont get the attraction myself
That's putting it lightly. Higurashi is a masterpiece among sound/visual novels.

The anime failed in so many ways, us fans of the original game can't even be angry at it anymore, we're speechless.

Quote:
Hrm, shana just fell apart near the end. The story stopped making any shred of sense, and probably anyone could tell it was being rushed off stage.

Have you read the novels? If so, would you recommend them?
Spoiler for response:

Although J.C. Staff has shuffled Zero's story around a bit for this anime, it's still very sensible so far. Most importantly, they got all of the important scenes right. I joke about them skipping the kiss mark scene, but I really didn't expect them to do it anyway, since it was one of the more serious make-out scenes, it's "eroticism" probably would've been out of place in the episode.
Closed Thread