AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-17, 08:05   Link #41
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

It would be interesting if that dino was Drake, didn't think he would join Kaidou.

So Law is after Dofla for somebody's last wish? Wonder if it was his crew?

Rebecca really has a chance to win block d.

Interesting that fighters of that caliber can't escape that underground room. Seems like Barto has come to Zoro and Kinemon's rescue, lol with him crying and asking for autograph.

Wonder what Violet is really up to.
Old 2013-10-17, 08:56   Link #42
kakakka

The T-Rex must be X Drake. Just compare his new hairstyle to the silhouette's head outline.
Old 2013-10-17, 09:27   Link #43
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
Well, so far nobody has been turned into toys. Though it's certainly interessting that they were locked together with a bunch of real toys.
Maybe the power in question doesn't physically transform the people into toys, but instead just transfers the mind, similar to Moria's shadow-power.
Yeah, confirmation was a little bit exaggerated. But what other explanation is there?
Doflamingo most certainly didn't put the toys there so that the warriors don't get bored.
He imprisoned representatives of other kingdoms and I'm sure, he won't let them roam free in Dressrosa after this incident.

I'm with you, in thinking that the DF user just transfers the mind of the victims - Similar to Law's Shambles.
What I find more interesting is the thought, that they must be able to transform even guys like Chinjao, who most likely possesses all types of Haki.

Quote:
But it's still strange that all those powerful fighters could be locked in. Doesn't any of them posses observation haki, to feel the hostile intention? Is nobody of them able to climb the walls for an exit?
Well, Luffy wasn't able to escape the garbage dump on Punk Hazard alone. If no one is a Geppo user or has a DF power that helps, I don't see them getting out anytime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thatguy3331
Every time I hear One piece taking a week off It's like a surprise kick in the balls...
I was really thinking about making your quoatation my signature...

Last edited by ri0; 2013-10-17 at 12:27.
Old 2013-10-17, 13:46   Link #44
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by ri0 View Post
What Well, Luffy wasn't able to escape the garbage dump on Punk Hazard alone. If no one is a Geppo user or has a DF power that helps, I don't see them getting out anytime soon
Actually Luffy did, he carried unconscious Momo out of there that's why he was "patting" too much... He was gonna start climbing before Momo flew but he finished the job.
Old 2013-10-17, 17:33   Link #45
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
Marvel, where does it say it's Drake ?

I am just a bit confused since You said it was confirmed. Did i miss anything?

Did you meant that the dino image being in the chapter confirmed or him being drake confirmed.

There's no text in the chapter confirming that the dinosaur is Drake.

However, I'd have kinda thought it would be obvious that it was him anyway, since he's the only person we know so far who can transform into a T-Rex. Plus, as was already mentioned, the spikes on the dino's head even resembles Drake's post-timeskip hairstyle. You're free to believe that it's a red herring if you want, but I'm gonna put my trust in Occam's Razor here, thank you very much.
Old 2013-10-17, 18:42   Link #46
JonSnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whitemoon648 View Post
In the Manga chapter translation i read it doesn't say anything about the Dinosaur being Drake. May i ask who/where confirmed it?

Drake is the likely choice for the Dino, but it could still be an artificial Zoan Dinosaur.
Here's XDrake's image and transformation post time skip:

Last edited by JonSnow; 2013-10-17 at 19:03.
Old 2013-10-18, 02:24   Link #47
Whitemoon648
Sawa-Chan <3 <3 <3

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
There's no text in the chapter confirming that the dinosaur is Drake.

However, I'd have kinda thought it would be obvious that it was him anyway, since he's the only person we know so far who can transform into a T-Rex. Plus, as was already mentioned, the spikes on the dino's head even resembles Drake's post-timeskip hairstyle. You're free to believe that it's a red herring if you want, but I'm gonna put my trust in Occam's Razor here, thank you very much.
Well i am personally leaning toward It's Drake as well.

I am just saying another likely possibility is Artificial Zoan fruit.

I do admit i want it to be red herring though. It would be more interesting that way .
Old 2013-10-18, 04:59   Link #48
ri0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Ritual View Post
Actually Luffy did, he carried unconscious Momo out of there that's why he was "patting" too much... He was gonna start climbing before Momo flew but he finished the job.
If it was that easy Monet wouldn't have said, that he needed to fly to get out. We only saw Momonosuke flying and Luffy carry him when they were already out. So no, Luffy can't take credit for that.
Old 2013-10-18, 10:23   Link #49
paradox13
zzz

Send a message via MSN to paradox13
Quote:
I am just saying another likely possibility is Artificial Zoan fruit.
So no evidence again?
Old 2013-10-18, 10:56   Link #50
mrShady

Quote:
Originally Posted by paradox13 View Post
So no evidence again?
I'm with Whitemoon on this. Even if the probability of the dino being Drake is so high it's not entirely impossible for it to be an artificial zoan, it's high time we actually see one besides Momonosuke. I'm also a bit confused as to why Drake would even want to join Kaidou, it looked to me like he had a grudge.

PS: Does anyone know what Oda's condition is? With all these recent breaks it has to be pretty serious. Also one translation spoke of a hiatus *shudders* anyone know if that's for one week or possibly more?
Old 2013-10-18, 13:47   Link #51
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
I'm with Whitemoon on this. Even if the probability of the dino being Drake is so high it's not entirely impossible for it to be an artificial zoan, it's high time we actually see one besides Momonosuke.
Nothing is impossible.

An artificial zoan is not a 'likely' possibility, considering the evidence at this point in time.
Old 2013-10-18, 16:23   Link #52
shalala

I wonder if Law could be refering to his teacher if he had one. When he was talking to Dolfa.
Old 2013-10-18, 21:17   Link #53
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
A little question: Do you think the prison surrounding the ones who got defeated is the same material that blocked Whitebeard's earthquake powers?
Old 2013-10-19, 03:27   Link #54
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

The only thing that was quite enjoyable of this chapter were the scenes with Rebecca.
And concerning the Dinosaur. You have to be a complete simpleton with crappy information on One Piece and basic information on dinosaurs to believe that it's Drake. Nothing suggests it's Drake at all due to the horns. No zoan type can retain their hair while in their full beast form, those are horns and Drake doesn't have horns since he's just a basic Theropoda Dinosaur, Not a T-Rex.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Could it be Drake? If it's a T-rex, then it's definitely him. And even if it's not, I'm still adamant in Drake being a part of Kaido's crew.
The problem here is that you guys think Drake is a T-Rex when he's not.
He's just a basic Theropoda dinosaur. You also lack the basic information that a T-Rex doesn't have horns. You also lack the information that Zoans in their full beast form cannot retain their hair.
Know what that means? It means that it's not hair, it's horns. Drake doesn't have horns.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonSnow View Post
Here's XDrake's image and transformation post time skip:
No, Full beast form Zoans do not retain their hair. And that image was just a basic coloring.

Last edited by Shockingly; 2013-10-19 at 04:09.
Old 2013-10-19, 04:21   Link #55
mrShady

Quote:
Nothing is impossible.

An artificial zoan is not a 'likely' possibility, considering the evidence at this point in time.
Please explain why this isn't likely?
Because an artificial Zoan would fit better then Drake still being on the same island after 2 years. And please show me where it was ever stated that Drake joined Kaido's crew, because I must have missed that.

The only evidence we have is the hairdo of a dino silhouette. Which isn't much.
Still even I consider Drake to be the more likely option, however you can't just ignore the other possibilities.
Old 2013-10-19, 05:46   Link #56
Shockingly
Sweet Perfume Mist ♥..♪

Quote:
Nothing is impossible.

Nothing suggest that it's Drake other than the basic shape of the thing.
More things suggest that it's not him and that it could just be another artificial zoan type user.
Old 2013-10-19, 11:12   Link #57
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrShady View Post
Please explain why this isn't likely?
Because an artificial Zoan would fit better then Drake still being on the same island after 2 years. And please show me where it was ever stated that Drake joined Kaido's crew, because I must have missed that.

The only evidence we have is the hairdo of a dino silhouette. Which isn't much.
Still even I consider Drake to be the more likely option, however you can't just ignore the other possibilities.
We don't know for certain that Drake has been situated on that island only for the past 2 years. Perhaps he got word of what was going on at that island and was sent to investigate (he may have come from somewhere else in the New World).

It was never stated that Drake joined Kaido's crew. That's just something that some people have theorized (myself included). Think about it. We know that in the New World if one runs into an emperor they have two choices: 1) join their crew or 2) get slaughtered. Pre-skip, Drake goaded Kaido's wrath by starting a fight with one of his bodyguards (the one Caribou got into a scuffle with in the recent cover story). So we can see that Drake wanted Kaido's attention for whatever reason. Then we find out that Kaido and his followers/army have a zoan theme associated with them, which Drake himself fits into. And now, with this chapter that just came out, we see a T-rex attacking Caribou sporting a hairdo that looks very much like post-skip Drake's hairdo. That being said, Drake becoming a core part of Kaido's crew is plausible.
Old 2013-10-19, 11:37   Link #58
JonSnow

^Just like BDK said. Plus ancient mythical zoan are suppose to be more rare than logias. Having an artificial ancient zoan would only make it look cheap, not to mention the similarities in it. Unless of course XDrake got killed and Kaido gave his DF to 1 of his subordinates. I'm guessing that Kaido's artificial zoan df's are all regular animals like elephants, pigs and tigers.
Old 2013-10-19, 12:40   Link #59
paradox13
zzz

Quote:
Really?

2 years ago we saw Drake using practically the exact same devil fruit. We see him challenge Scotch to a mano a mano, so we know he has interacted with Kaidou's crew.

2 years later, we see Caribou step onto the island that Drake was on (Kaidou's territory), fight Scotch who Drake fought before and encounter a dinosaur fruit user, a fruit which is said to be as rare as logias. The only dinosaur fruit user that we know is Drake.

So what do we have here? Drake is a dinosaur fruit user with known connections to Kaidou. Caribou is fighting a dinosaur fruit user on Kaidou's territory. Not to mention the hairdo.

Is it just me or are the dots pretty much connected for you already? Why do people deliberately ignore the obvious?

I'm not saying it cannot be an artificial DF..but seriously. The evidence is there for all to see.
Old 2013-10-19, 14:03   Link #60
solidguy
I'm not a tumor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shockingly View Post
Nothing suggest that it's Drake other than the basic shape of the thing.
More things suggest that it's not him and that it could just be another artificial zoan type user.
What exactly are these "more things"?

And who said the person biting Caribou was in their full beast mode as opposed to hybrid? Or partial transformations? In which case hair remains
Closed Thread