AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Macross > Past Macross Series

Notices

View Poll Results: Macross Frontier - Episode 22 Rating
Perfect 10 94 58.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 41 25.47%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 10 6.21%
7 out of 10 : Good 3 1.86%
6 out of 10 : Average 5 3.11%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 1.24%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 6 3.73%
Voters: 161. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-09-10, 11:10   Link #761
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetoJR
That's why I'm getting the vibe that he's sorta connected to mushroom-head's schemes...
I was kind of dissapointed in Birler too when he approved the merging of SMS and NUNS... right now i don't know what kind of cards he is playing, but he sounds like a really nice person and everythime he shows up the BGM is kind of in a relaxed tone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin
the V-virus is not big deal! there is a simple cure for it! it is just like getting one of our curable VD!
Sheryl had this virus for 10 years and just recently reached the lethal stage!
Well right now they the people here are still arguing about the exact time when Sheryl got infected/injected with the virus, feel free to join'em. Right now i'm not sure if the cure was simple.... Well i haven't really been focusing about the virus, one thing is for sure is that the writers are kind of inconsistent about the virus because they've called it a bacteria. Even with my limited knowledge in medicine i'm pretty sure that a Bacteria and a Virus are two very different things.

Last edited by sekidousai; 2008-09-10 at 11:22.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:15   Link #762
indr0008
Physicist

Send a message via MSN to indr0008 Send a message via Yahoo to indr0008
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post

Well right now they the people here are still arguing about the exact time when Sheryl got infected/injected with the virus, feel free to join'em. Right now i'm not sure if the cure was simple.... Well i haven't really been focusing about the virus, one thing is for sure is that the writers are kind of inconsistent about the virus because they've called it a bacteria. Even with my limited knowledge in medicine i'm pretty sure that a Bactera and a Virus are two very different things.

no need to care about details...as long as she is sheryl nome
Old 2008-09-10, 11:24   Link #763
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
the V-virus is not big deal! there is a simple cure for it! it is just like getting one of our curable VD!
Sheryl had this virus for 10 years and just recently reached the lethal stage!
She was on drugs to keep the infection in check the whole time as part of Grace's experiment. Without them, she'd have reached this stage far sooner.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:25   Link #764
abynormal
Skull Fairy Scout

Send a message via AIM to abynormal
Quote:
Originally Posted by sekidousai View Post
I was kind of dissapointed in Birler too when he approved the merging of SMS and NUNS... right now i don't know what kind of cards he is playing, but he sounds like a really nice person and everythime he shows up the BGM is kind of in a relaxed tone.

Well right now they the people here are still arguing about the exact time when Sheryl got infected/injected with the virus, feel free to join'em. Right now i'm not sure if the cure was simple.... Well i haven't really been focusing about the virus, one thing is for sure is that the writers are kind of inconsistent about the virus because they've called it a bacteria. Even with my limited knowledge in medicine i'm pretty sure that a Bacteria and a Virus are two very different things.
I'm sure Bilrer has something up his sleeve. It's likely his company's ties to the government and all that yummy funding made the merger rather mandatory.

And are you sure that's not just the fansubber's slip-up (I don't know if you're fluent in Japanese)? It's not uncommon for a fansubber - especially speed subbers - to change their interpretation of a particular term a few times throughout a series' run.
Old 2008-09-10, 11:26   Link #765
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
Also, Bilrer apparently has in his possession
Spoiler:
Um, from where did you get that spoiler?
Old 2008-09-10, 11:38   Link #766
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by abynormal
And are you sure that's not just the fansubber's slip-up (I don't know if you're fluent in Japanese)? It's not uncommon for a fansubber - especially speed subbers - to change their interpretation of a particular term a few times throughout a series' run.
hmmm.. i'm really too lazy right now to confirm it myself .... but you could be right. unless someone else here confirms it, that would be nice.....
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn
lolz... i didn't see any photos from the preview either ^^. .. anyway the preview says there will be mysteries unraveled next ep. or it could be the beginning of the revelation...........
Old 2008-09-10, 11:46   Link #767
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
Animedia scan on Macrossworld (extract about Bilrer)
Spoiler:
Old 2008-09-10, 11:48   Link #768
magnuskn

Quote:
Animedia scan on Macrossworld (extract about Bilrer)
Spoiler:
Thanks! I got a good idea what that photo will show.

Spoiler for It is...:
Old 2008-09-10, 11:52   Link #769
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Spoiler for Other idea:
Old 2008-09-10, 11:53   Link #770
Elandyll

I don't know why everybody is still up in arms about the AltoxSherylxRanka thing.
It's done at this point.

Not only were Alto's feelings -very- clear in this episode (in case I have to spell it for you: A.l.t.o. l.ov.e.s. S.h.e.r.y.l.).
Further proof is Mikhail and Klan having seen the triangle develop, Klan decided to be very straightforward with Alto so that he wouldn't repeat their tragedy.

Did she tell him to comfort Sheryl but run to Ranka?
No. She told him about Sheryl's illness despite her wishes -because- both Mikhail and her knew that Alto and Sheryl were both in love with each other but too damn immature and stubborn (Alto moreso) to admit it.

Now, about the duel AltoxOzma.

It is painfully obvious to me that it was much much closer than some are willing to admit (hence Ozma saying "You have Improved"). Both were aiming at disabling each other's fighters, and at the end it's a difference of a mere dozen inches that left Alto stranded and Ozma flying away. Given the speed and proximity, it was extremely close.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:02   Link #771
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
I forgot to mention in my last post about the state Frontier is in i meant to touch on that.

If i remember correctly random lackey #1 told Leon that Frontier has 3 months before it is unable to support the population there. So in that time while fending on random Vajara attacks and dealing with rationing food, water and energy they have to find a planet to live on. Now after all this traveling and extended fold jumping searching for a new home. Im wondering if a planet is all of sudden going to be suitable for the residents to live on. Then again there is the home planet of the Vajara where Ranka went i wonder how this will play into the plot. But we still have no idea what Grace's true motives are thats the last bit of info im really curious about.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:02   Link #772
sekidousai
Ra-ou
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll
I don't know why everybody is still up in arms about the AltoxSherylxRanka thing.
It's done at this point.
I really don't know who you are trying to convince here, if it is Sheryl fans they all have the same conclusion, Ranka shippers however will have a differrent opinion as further discussed in the shipp~n~~*.... err Romance in Macross thread

Anyway you are making youre own ending when the series hasn't been finished yet... good luck i hope the shock of dissapointment will not get to you.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:03   Link #773
glyph

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
It's done at this point.
It's done except in Sheryl's imagination. But there's room for one last misunderstanding yet, I think.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:05   Link #774
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I forgot to mention in my last post about the state Frontier is in i meant to touch on that.

If i remember correctly random lackey #1 told Leon that Frontier has 3 months before it is unable to support the population there. So in that time while fending on random Vajara attacks and dealing with rationing food, water and energy they have to find a planet to live on. Now after all this traveling and extended fold jumping searching for a new home. Im wondering if a planet is all of sudden going to be suitable for the residents to live on. Then again there is the home planet of the Vajara where Ranka went i wonder how this will play into the plot. But we still have no idea what Grace's true motives are thats the last bit of info im really curious about.
That, or they need to find the materials needed for repairs. That may be a less demanding requirement.
Old 2008-09-10, 12:18   Link #775
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
That, or they need to find the materials needed for repairs. That may be a less demanding requirement.
I agree that is rational if i was in charge i would be trying to do as many repairs as possible to extend the time. Then set a special section to oversea sending out patrols to find raw materials to fix the other parts of Frontier, i mean the fleet has a shit load of processing plants for raw materials and im sure not all of them were destroyed during the last attack. If anything it would calm the population and take everyones mind off the Vajara for the meantime. Keep everyone busy and working towards a goal. Except we have Leon in charge and his only motive is to keep power within his sphere of control. I fear with Leon in charge frontier would be just as doomed as it would if the Vajara attacked in full force with the state that Frontier and the NUNS are in.

Elandyll Im curious to know why you assume that the RankaxSherylxAlto situation is done at this point?
Old 2008-09-10, 13:01   Link #776
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
It's done at this point.

Not only were Alto's feelings -very- clear in this episode (in case I have to spell it for you: A.l.t.o. l.ov.e.s. S.h.e.r.y.l.).
Further proof is Mikhail and Klan having seen the triangle develop, Klan decided to be very straightforward with Alto so that he wouldn't repeat their tragedy.

Did she tell him to comfort Sheryl but run to Ranka?
No. She told him about Sheryl's illness despite her wishes -because- both Mikhail and her knew that Alto and Sheryl were both in love with each other but too damn immature and stubborn (Alto moreso) to admit it.

Now, about the duel AltoxOzma.

It is painfully obvious to me that it was much much closer than some are willing to admit (hence Ozma saying "You have Improved"). Both were aiming at disabling each other's fighters, and at the end it's a difference of a mere dozen inches that left Alto stranded and Ozma flying away. Given the speed and proximity, it was extremely close.
i agree that the LT is solved, but I disagree about Klan's opinion. I think Klan and Micheal disagreeed about who was the one that Alto liked thus why they set up the ill fated meeting on the roof so Alto would finally choose! Klan is pro sheryl and micheal was pro Ranka,(remember that the one that didn't want to tell Alto about the illness was Micheal) It is ironic that ranka was the one that caused Micheal to die! Even though the LT was solved, if feels like sheryl won by default because Ranka removed herself from the competition and it took for alto to find out about her disease to go and visit her again!
Old 2008-09-10, 13:12   Link #777
Wesley84

Quote:
She was on drugs to keep the infection in check the whole time as part of Grace's experiment. Without them, she'd have reached this stage far sooner.
Was that really said? As I remember the medication only suppressed the symptons. It didn't retard the progression of the disease.

Still say Grace didn't give it to Sheryl. Grace hasn't demonstrated she's truly capable of anything. Blowing up half a planet full of Zentradi fanboys and one spoiled pop idol doesn't make you evil incarnate in my book. Nethier does waging a proxy war against a bunch of space hippies with too much time on their hands.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:22   Link #778
glyph

Quote:
i agree that the LT is solved, but I disagree about Klan's opinion. I think Klan and Micheal disagreeed about who was the one that Alto liked thus why they set up the ill fated meeting on the roof so Alto would finally choose! Klan is pro sheryl and micheal was pro Ranka,(remember that the one that didn't want to tell Alto about the illness was Micheal) It is ironic that ranka was the one that caused Micheal to die! Even though the LT was solved, if feels like sheryl won by default because Ranka removed herself from the competition and it took for alto to find out about her disease to go and visit her again!
IMO, Michael's attitude towards Ranka x Alto has always been for Alto to recognize that Ranka has a crush on him, and to make clear his intentions clear to the girls to avoid all the hassle involved in a triangle, not necessarily to promote Ranka x Alto.

After the "damn fine woman" comment on Gallia IV, he was behind Sheryl all the way.

Michael didn't tell Alto because Sheryl made him promise not to. Still, he pushed Alto with vague hints towards Sheryl "or he would regret it for the rest of his life".

So Michael brought it upon himself for apparently betraying Ranka x Alto shipping.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:26   Link #779
aneeshadc

Quote:
I disagree that Michael was pro-ranka. After ep 13-15, he was clearly neutral. I also disagree that he didnt tell alto abt sheryl's sickness because he thought alto liked ranka. If you'll remember in ep 18, he protested when sheryl didnt want alto to know abt it, also it was Michael that called alto & told him to look for sheryl hoping that alto might find out on his own.

And in ep 19, he clearly wanted to tell alto abt sheryl dying badly, but he remembers his promise to sheryl & restrains himself. He understands sheryl's predicament & shares some of her pain because in ep 18 he tells klan that there are some things you cant tell because you care abt the person.
Old 2008-09-10, 13:28   Link #780
Wesley84

The meddler is dead, and Klan's finally available.
Closed Thread