AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Chuunibyou

Notices

View Poll Results: Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai! - Episode 6 Rating
Perfect 10 35 35.71%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 29 29.59%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 17.35%
7 out of 10 : Good 11 11.22%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.06%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 2 2.04%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 1.02%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 98. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-11-08, 14:44   Link #61
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Every time I see Rikka coming down the rope, I can't help but think that she will fall any moment. That's some good upper body strength she's got. In the after glow of last week's episode, this one was so-so. There are elements that I recognize from watching K-ON (grand total of 8 episodes) which I probably never be able to finish. I did find some of the jokes funny, however, like when Sanae was reciting Mori Summer-gospel while other guy is doing jump-ropes because the legendary Mori Summer is rolling on the floor, doing circles in agony. The story felt a little disjointed and not as focused though I think the last 3 minutes help salvage it. The animated movement on the other hand was very very good.
Old 2012-11-08, 14:47   Link #62
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

I will never forget Dekomori reciting the magic spell that turns Nibutani into a human Skip-It.
Old 2012-11-08, 15:57   Link #63
rulfo

Quote:
Originally Posted by halibonga View Post
this is absolutely the most outrageous and funniest parody of chuuni's OP i ve ever seen, open it at ur own discretion:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ERhRc...eature=mh_lolz
What the hell!?
Old 2012-11-08, 15:59   Link #64
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Quote:
Originally Posted by rulfo
Quote:
this is absolutely the most outrageous and funniest parody of chuuni's OP i ve ever seen, open it at ur own discretion:

What the hell!?
Can't unsee it! It's almost a guarantee I'll click on the link when someone tells me I should use discretion.
Old 2012-11-08, 16:12   Link #65
Flower
Blooming on the mountain

Location: Deep in their roots, all flowers keep the light....
Quote:

Hahahahaha!

All I have to say is thanks to Mizuno for warning me before watching the link!
Old 2012-11-08, 16:39   Link #66
PNGO
#1 in ♦YouR♦ ♥HuRt♥ ♂

This episode was kind of a let down for me, still entertained me, but I was expecting it keep improving like it has been doing with all of the episodes before this one.
Old 2012-11-08, 16:54   Link #67
Snuffle
likes cute things

Quote:

There's not a single girl in it!! I can't believe I actually watched it all the way to the end...
Old 2012-11-08, 17:19   Link #68
Witheirate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arturia Polaris View Post
I have a feeling that the reason that Rikka chose to hold Yuuta's hand when the train was going through was

Spoiler for speculation:

And in here I though she use the phone for timing when the train will pass. Maybe...
Nevertheless, the hand-holding scene is one of the memorable moment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I dunno, I really wanted to know who wrote the love letter. Even a hint would've sufficed, but alas, it looks like we'll never know considering Ishiki is just a side character, and they're going to shift gears since it's about Yuuta going with Rikka next episode.

Let see if they left clue who it was in this episodes, let pay attention carefully to every girl in the class.

Quote:
Originally Posted by julioalqae View Post
ps: sure the "jakarta" name was often mentioned lately..(chuunibyou, jormungand) is it a kind of marketing strategy???
I don't get it? Jormungand? Is that the name of a food?
Old 2012-11-08, 17:44   Link #69
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
Nobody seem to mention how Isshiki bared his neck as if Yuuta was going to cut his head instead of just shave his hair, that scene made me smile.
Well, it was a pretty obvious (at least to me) seppuku ritual. Yuuta acting as Isshiki's second, Isshiki giving the "signal" to get on with it etc. Rikka seemed to get it too. Not sure why she said "Is that Japanese harakiri?!", though...

It was one of the funniest scenes, bringing the "take it like a man" parody to it's absurd conclusion.

Nikutani is starting to grow on me. Her seiyu does a great "good girl" voice.
Old 2012-11-08, 17:45   Link #70
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Quote:

That was absolutely hilarious. You should repost it in the video thread.
Old 2012-11-08, 17:53   Link #71
ArturEngel
Kiririn's minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarqu View Post
Well, it was a pretty obvious (at least to me) seppuku ritual. Yuuta acting as Isshiki's second, Isshiki giving the "signal" to get on with it etc. As this was obvious to me, I don't know why Rikka had to exclaim "Is this Japanese harakiri?!". Like, doesn't she know? Don't they teach bushido to children anymore?
Why should they? Everything has changed in modern Japan these days. You don't read books in latein either, do you?
Old 2012-11-08, 17:58   Link #72
zarqu
Stüldt Håjt!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArturEngel View Post
Why should they? Everything has changed in modern Japan these days. You don't read books in latein either, do you?
Edited original post to more correctly reflect my thinking

But this is original comment is still somewhat relevant. I did find it weird for her to say "Japanese harakiri". I've always been under the impression that seppuku was a specifically Japanese form of ritual suicide.

But anyways it's a minor point and a tangent. I'm taking a course in uni titled "Samurai - The myth and reality in the history of Japan". So I guess I'll learn the relevance of the honor code in modern Japan.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:38   Link #73
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Ahh well lets sum it up again:

Makoto:
While appearing to have a huge similarity, both in looks as well as in character, to School Days' makoto to me at the begin of the season, the latter part is now gone, as he did something School Days' makoto would hav enever done - he showed that he had a backbone.

As for who wrote the Love letter there are several candidates:

While others excluded Nibutani I want to re-include her as she makes pretty concerned faces while shortly before the actual shaving takes place. She is also the one to cheer him up later suddenly being pretty nice to him compared to what she usually treats him.
Another hint pointing to that is btw that if Nibutani ever had any feelings for Yuuta, they certainly already ceased the moment she got what that club is about.
I don't doubt that she knew that he probably had a 8 grader syndrome too in the past starting from EP 1, and she was probably be ready to leave it at that too (for obvious reasons).
Everyone has to decide for themselves though if she just wanted to be an attention w... or actually smiled in Yuuta's direction the whole time.

Other candidates:

- the girl who had her hands at her chest during the confession
- the girl having asked if he should be applauded for it

As for the 'investigation'
the boys were pretty dumb.
First thing I should ask is why they just didn't spill the beans, the girls probably did something similar. the girls in my class did that too. I think they tried to do in secret the first time too but failed utterly due to the female attitude of lollygagging.

Another thing is that they should have just continued denying it.
The only way anyone could have been caught was by the teacher comparing handwritings, who apparently didn't think it was a great deal at all. The write thing was probably lead by Nibutani in the first place.

Asking Yuuta was imho pointless - class rep or not. The notes alone implied that it was a public vote, and Nibutani already knew the answer without asking anyway. She just didn't want her colleague look bad for some reason and thus only asked after being asked to.

You can all in one sum it up with those boys not being smart enough to pull something like this off.
Nibutani's scary Aura gave them the rest then.

(Attention 850 x 850)
http://i45.tinypic.com/k1p11d.png

I think her looks prretty much proof she already new the answer.

Nibutani definitely had some awesome(ROFL - the L ) moments in this episode (for example Link above) And I think Makoto will rethink his ranking too after seeing her true character. .
It was all in all a great Episode for character development. Hope to see more like this next week.

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.
Old 2012-11-08, 19:42   Link #74
Domonkazu

I don't understand why the poll is such a big fuss? In my high school there even was poll for boys too, and anyone can see the result if they want to.

but japan is unique I guess :P
Old 2012-11-08, 19:52   Link #75
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninryu View Post
This episode was hilarious, especially the Shinka vs. Dekomori parts. I really love seeing their interaction.
Dekomori summer?
Old 2012-11-08, 19:55   Link #76
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
I don't understand why the poll is such a big fuss? In my high school there even was poll for boys too, and anyone can see the result if they want to.

but japan is unique I guess :P
Yeah we had them too as I wrote.
Must be something specific to german countries that no one really cares about it oO

Sidenote: I'm seemingly too dumb for my current keyboard, so if you see the same character twice in a row, when it doesn't belong there just ignore it.

Last edited by AC-Phoenix; 2012-11-08 at 20:05.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:05   Link #77
Insane
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domonkazu View Post
Maybe because such thing is very sensitive for the girls, just like most girls in japan think of eroge and ecchi stuffs as trash. But i think there's nothing wrong with that. Dudes doing what dudes should do. Thinking ecchi stuff and rating girls by their looks are pretty much normal thing to do, just like those fujoshis that love to rate boys pairing at their school.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
Yeah we had them too as I wrote.
Must be something german - countries specific that no one really cares about it oO
Please don't make up crap about German.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:35   Link #78
Hyper
Irregular Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AC-Phoenix View Post
the boys were pretty dumb.
First thing I should ask is why they just didn't spill the beans, the girls probably did something similar. the girls in my class did that too. I think they tried to do in secret the first time too but failed utterly due to the female attitude of lollygagging.

Another thing is that they should have just continued denying it.
The only way anyone could have been caught was by the teacher comparing handwritings, who apparently didn't think it was a great deal at all. The write thing was probably lead by Nibutani in the first place.

Asking Yuuta was imho pointless - class rep or not. The notes alone implied that it was a public vote, and Nibutani already knew the answer without asking anyway. She just didn't want her colleague look bad for some reason and thus only asked after being asked to.

You can all in one sum it up with those boys not being smart enough to pull something like this off.
Reason: The bro code.
Old 2012-11-08, 20:38   Link #79
AC-Phoenix
Detective

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyper View Post
Reason: The bro code.
Everyone denying it is bro-code too

Old 2012-11-08, 20:53   Link #80
stardf29

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
Images
Rolling
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
I expect there to be a Flash game of this online within a week.
Closed Thread