AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2013-01-03, 06:04   Link #4141
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RapidPotential View Post
I told my friend - who is a United fan - that Wigan always tend to get hammered by United, and that it'd be no different this time. Seems I was spot-on. Apart from last season's loss (thanks to Shaun Maloney), Wigan have never had a good time playing United. Biggest win of the day as well.

I was pleased with a point against a very disciplined and threatening Saints side, especially since we never looked like getting the winner once the likes of Ramsey and Gervinho (OH ESPECIALLY MR FOREHEAD) came on. Shaw looks a very promising full-back: great pace, energy and discipline, and he's only 17.

I feel he went just about even up against old Saints boy Oxlade-Chamberlain but the latter narrowly comes up on top because of winning more individual duels. Shaw sometimes struggled to deal with the power and pace of AOC but did not panic and stuck to his task.

Walcott was isolated, and no one was doing anything to support him! His free-kick led to the own goal but honestly, Arsenal were poor yesterday.
Old 2013-01-03, 16:14   Link #4142
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

http://www1.skysports.com/football/n...aining-bust-up

Only at Manchester City that a manager can tolerate both a jerk spending months on vacation during the season AND a total idiot devoid of any sense of discipline before reintegrating both in the team's squad. Now that is what happens in one of both cases in the end when the manager is a wuss.

Balotelli is a bloody retard, that's a given. Yet, I'm enjoying this and I hope the Carlos Tevez case will also blow up in Roberto Mancini's face. *evil grins*
KiraYamatoFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 07:25   Link #4143
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

In Robin Van Persie I trust =)
Old 2013-01-17, 09:42   Link #4144
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

so glad Pep took the Bayern job. and i pray that Rafa goes at the end of the season.

the only one i think would be able to turn us around would be Joachim Low. his style of foot ball would be perfect for Chelsea. even though there are reports of him going to Real, hoping that will not come to be.

if it is true than that means Jose would go and we would be stuck with Rafa. there aren't many managers willing to come to us. unless we give them a sacking cause worth a lot.
Old 2013-01-17, 10:03   Link #4145
Kizoku Keenan
ばか =)

pep to munich until fergie retires then he will take over at utd....done.
Old 2013-01-17, 12:37   Link #4146
Bri

It will be interesting to see how Guardiola's stock will hold up after a period at another club. He deserves credit for his work but how good do you have to be as a manager to win with the player material and resources of Barca?

Moving from the world's strongest side to another world top 3 team has been labeled as a low risk by the media. But I still have to see if Pep will be able to control the divas of FC Hollywood. The way he handled Ibrahimovic isn't too promising and then there is the vocal Bayern board. Interesting times ahead.
Bri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-18, 02:10   Link #4147
pikuchan
Long time lurker

Old 2013-01-19, 03:41   Link #4148
kaito-kid
As I make you stop, think

Hehehehe Robben..
Old 2013-02-09, 22:19   Link #4149
Hell_ping
一刀繚乱

This amidst the match-fixing investigations? Come on now...

Hell_ping is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-09, 23:39   Link #4150
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

^^ haha. i didn't see the highlights from that game, but i heard citeh defended horribly.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 15:28   Link #4151
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teh_Ping View Post
This amidst the match-fixing investigations? Come on now...

Southampton have got a new breath of life since they hired that new Spanish manager a few weeks ago; they could have earned a result at Old Trafford a few weeks ago. And to add insult to injury to City's performance, Manchester United won 2-0 against Everton (REVENGE!!) and are now 12 points ahead of City.

Ryan Giggs... 39 years of age and still able to find the back of the net in the League. Hats off to him!
Old 2013-02-10, 20:30   Link #4152
Bri

EPL is back to a one horse race this season with City dropping points all over the place.

Now the EPL, Bundes Liga and La Liga all but decided in name, we should be able to see the big guns in full flight for the CL this year. The upcoming RM versus MU should be a treat.
Old 2013-02-10, 20:55   Link #4153
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bri View Post
EPL is back to a one horse race this season with City dropping points all over the place.

Now the EPL, Bundes Liga and La Liga all but decided in name, we should be able to see the big guns in full flight for the CL this year. The upcoming RM versus MU should be a treat.
For that reason football until now has not been exciting, most of the big leagues have been one horse race. CL better deliver with some good matches.
Old 2013-02-10, 21:15   Link #4154
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
For that reason football until now has not been exciting, most of the big leagues have been one horse race. CL better deliver with some good matches.
Can't say I mind much, the second tier has plenty of excitement left. Serie A, Ligue 1, Primeira Liga and Eredivisie are heading for a close finish.
Old 2013-02-15, 14:04   Link #4155
Bri

This week saw the return of Champions league football after the winter break.

Some interesting matches. Celtic versus Juventus was a nice appetizer with a game that was as classic as the team involved. British power football versus a balanced Italian defense. Celtic pressed hard and unsettled their opponents passing game, but never looked quite able to break down the wall. In the end Juves excess in quality resulted in a few deadly counters that settled the outcome before the return.

The main course was Real Madrid versus Man United. A clash between giants with well over a 1$ billion worth of players available for this encounter.

The resulting 1-1 draw leaves the return wide open for both sides to progress. It's hard to judge this result as decisive either way. Tactically speaking Ferguson was able to neutralize the threat of Madrid's counters and Ronaldo's individual brilliance. However United had to rely more on it's defense and goalie then looked comfortable. United surrendered the midfield without as much as putting up a fight. This might have been wise given the superiority of Madrid in midfield. Still Mourinho might be glad that Madrid wasn't pressed hard as they looked a bit dodgy at the back.

Surprising was the lack of accuracy of the strikers on both ends. Benzema falls short of world class and Van Persie as a modern hybrid lacks the killer instinct to bury chances like a true center nine.

In this match up playing at home may not be the usual advantage with both sides preferring to be reactive. The return in Manchester promises to be interesting.
Old 2013-02-20, 18:11   Link #4156
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Another set of matches in the round of 16 in the Champions League is now in the books.

Arsenal 1-3 Bayern Munich: it just shows that Bayern are quite the team to beat this year while Arsenal are still stuck with the same usual problems in Europe. If you ask me, someone has to consider forcing Wenger to step down and start anew.

Porto 1-0 Malaga: didn't see much of the match, but playing in Porto is always difficult for any opposition. Good result for the Portugese side as they can now think about going to Spain and force the issue with only a single away goal.

Galatasaray 1-1 Schalke 04: the struggling German team earned a satisfying result in the circumstances with Jermaines Jones' away goal that tied the game up after Burak Yılmaz's opening goal. It was also Didier Drogba's return on the European stage after last year's final in Munich and he was once again at the heart of the Turks' attacks.

AC Milan 2-0 Barcelona: certainly the biggest upset so far in the first leg matches of the round of 16. The Italians' tactics to contain Lionel Messi were spot on and the number of goalscoring chances for Barcelona was considerably low. People will certainly talk about the alleged hand ball on Kevin-Prince Boateng's goal, but I'd have still given the goal considering the whole sequence (initial shot deflected off Alba, the Milan player standing very close to Alba with no chance to react with any purpose, etc.). And the counterattack leading to Sulley Muntari's 2-0 goal was superbly done. Final words: Milan didn't steal this game at all; it was a well deserved victory.

Next dates for the first set of second leg matches: March 5 & 6.

Last edited by KiraYamatoFan; 2013-02-20 at 22:55.
Old 2013-02-20, 22:10   Link #4157
ChampDream
Alive

I wonder how can people said that the Milan stole the game, if the Barcelona didn't play any good.
but anyway so far I see the Bayern Munich may be on the finals this years, question may be with who?
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-20, 22:59   Link #4158
KiraYamatoFan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChampDream View Post
I wonder how can people said that the Milan stole the game, if the Barcelona didn't play any good.
but anyway so far I see the Bayern Munich may be on the finals this years, question may be with who?
Someone has to be quite delusional if he/she could even say that. Milan's tactics were especially chosen to contain Barcelona and to leave Messi frustrated.

Even if Bayern are the team to beat, they should know they can't get ahead of themselves whoever comes in front of them. Just thinking of last year's final should be a clear indicator that a cup tie doesn't have to be won by the better team on the pitch.
Old 2013-02-21, 09:05   Link #4159
Bri

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post
Someone has to be quite delusional if he/she could even say that. Milan's tactics were especially chosen to contain Barcelona and to leave Messi frustrated.

Even if Bayern are the team to beat, they should know they can't get ahead of themselves whoever comes in front of them. Just thinking of last year's final should be a clear indicator that a cup tie doesn't have to be won by the better team on the pitch.
I agree on that. Milan was simply the better team yesterday. Defensively solid, kept the lines close together and created several good chances. They simply exploited the weaknesses of Barcelona very effectively. That said, there is still a full match to play in Nou Camp, anything is possible.

Chelsea last season on the other hand...now that was a statistic anomaly. They retained an impossibly high conversion rate while giving away loads of chances per game that opponents somehow kept missing.

If Barcelona will be eliminated, it really opens up the stage. There's about half a dozen team left who have the potential to win it.
Old 2013-02-21, 14:51   Link #4160
ChampDream
Alive

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiraYamatoFan View Post

yeah that what I think too Milan won because of better tactics.
Bayern look better then last year, but your right they can't get ahead of themselves, a good example of that is Real Madrid and Barcelona last year, that why they got eliminated.
ChampDream is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
football, soccer