AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-11-03, 18:25   Link #3981
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoweGear View Post
So the Funky Note OVA just got subbed. Judging from how Funky Note presented its story and from how they worded it, it looks like each of the three OVA's are alternate takes on the same premise: Going to Vacation Island for an International Music Festival. The difference is which team gets to go, which means that the stories are on their own different continuities.

That said, I haven't actually finished watching it so...

*goes back to the Funky Note OVA*
Yeah, I didn't fully understand every bit of dialog, but I think:

Honey Sound: They head over to perform at the festival when Jupiter shows up for some unexpected competition.

Funky Note: Once arriving at the island, Iori realizes she's lost Charles and everyone decides to help look for him.

Groovy Tune: As part of a "training" exercise, each of the girls takes Producer out on a date, and Miki gets upset as work gets in between her turn.

Don't quote me on those though. Also, am I the only one who actually finds most things up to the Master level (Pro on a couple difficult songs) very easy? I don't know if it's my experience with rhythm games and/or the fact that I know these songs by heart, but I do have some footage I recorded of SSS rankings up past the easiest settings. I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding it the same way, since the idea of buying these god-tier upgrades for anything under Master is unnecessary to me. Also, nabbing money and rankings is actually quite quick, since I've played for no more than about 2 hours (damn you, Professor Layton and Zero Escape) and I'm up at an A rank with over 130,000G.
Old 2012-11-03, 18:34   Link #3982
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by papermario13689 View Post
Yeah, I didn't fully understand every bit of dialog, but I think:

Honey Sound: They head over to perform at the festival when Jupiter shows up for some unexpected competition.

Funky Note: Once arriving at the island, Iori realizes she's lost Charles and everyone decides to help look for him.

Groovy Tune: As part of a "training" exercise, each of the girls takes Producer out on a date, and Miki gets upset as work gets in between her turn.

Don't quote me on those though. Also, am I the only one who actually finds most things up to the Master level (Pro on a couple difficult songs) very easy? I don't know if it's my experience with rhythm games and/or the fact that I know these songs by heart, but I do have some footage I recorded of SSS rankings up past the easiest settings. I'm just wondering if anyone else is finding it the same way, since the idea of buying these god-tier upgrades for anything under Master is unnecessary to me. Also, nabbing money and rankings is actually quite quick, since I've played for no more than about 2 hours (damn you, Professor Layton and Zero Escape) and I'm up at an A rank with over 130,000G.
I think it's a mix of experience with the sings themselves. The game isn't particularly hard if you can get in the rythm but you still need some quick reflexes from pro and above. And yeah, money is quite easy to get unlike in im@s2
Old 2012-11-03, 19:31   Link #3983
Kamui04

Quote:

More like she starts to feel jealous. But anyways Producer you dawg, going on dates with Yukiho, Makoto, Takane and Miki. Anyone could be jealous of you.

Also both in Groovy Tune and Honey Sound they troll him with being a pervert lol.
In Groovy Tunes, before the groups performance Miki makes him promise to reward her if they win. When they win she wants producer to kiss her, he hesitates when the rest of the idols arrive and catch him in the moment, calling him a pervert.
In Honey Sound the idols try to widen their views by experiencing the different cultures and whatever vacation island has to offer. Producer arrive when they're at the pool. Azusa in a bikini runs up to him, he tells her to be careful and not get so close, and Haruka comments that that's what he is saying but his mind thinks otherwise XD.
Kamui04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-03, 20:36   Link #3984
shinku no kage
:Still Yayoi's Onii~chan:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
Uhhh that's a nice rank s unlock: allowing you to pick which video to use exclusively!

Btw I just saw the special video with Yori and Yayoi singing Kyun! Vampire Girl: EPIC!

Probably my third favorite song in Funky Note following "MUSIC" and "Visionary". I haven't listened to the song until I got this game and yet I was able to get a SSS on my first try. That's Yayoi power for ya...or for me atleast.

Quote:

Agreed, most songs on Debut and Regular isn't all the challenging, atleast not enough to HAVE to use items...but then again I have spent my fair share of time playing rhythm games too so...the only time I got anything lower then an A rank was when I got a B rank on Kirame Kirari on Pro the first time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamui04 View Post
More like she starts to feel jealous. But anyways Producer you dawg, going on dates with Yukiho, Makoto, Takane and Miki. Anyone could be jealous of you.

Also both in Groovy Tune and Honey Sound they troll him with being a pervert lol.
In Groovy Tunes, before the groups performance Miki makes him promise to reward her if they win. When they win she wants producer to kiss her, he hesitates when the rest of the idols arrive and catch him in the moment, calling him a pervert.
In Honey Sound the idols try to widen their views by experiencing the different cultures and whatever vacation island has to offer. Producer arrive when they're at the pool. Azusa in a bikini runs up to him, he tells her to be careful and not get so close, and Haruka comments that that's what he is saying but his mind thinks otherwise XD.
The Miki thing is one thing but you can't blame Producer for what happened with Azusa. A woman like that runs up to you in a bikini? C'mon

We've been talking about the game for a while now...gonna switch to talking about anime for a quick second as I picked up XENOGLOSSIA today...yeah, I ended up getting it as for some mysterious reason my local video entertainment store decided to add it to it's meager selection of anime.(and it was already on sale. LOL)

The different VAs are one thing, Tamura Yukari as Iori, Koshimizu Ami as Yayoi...which I still can't get over. But...but...

"Chihaya without a flat chest isn't Chihaya at all~!!!!"

...yeah, I said it, so what? If you happen to see the DVD in a store then pick it up and look at the back cover. She's been upgraded to Azusa level...that's not the Chihaya I've grown to love. orz
Old 2012-11-03, 21:12   Link #3985
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shinku no kage View Post
...yeah, I said it, so what? If you happen to see the DVD in a store then pick it up and look at the back cover. She's been upgraded to Azusa level...that's not the Chihaya I've grown to love. orz
WHAT!!!

give her some is ok but Azusa level is just pushing it.

edit: found a pic... wow

Old 2012-11-03, 23:32   Link #3986
Azuma Denton
~AD~

My hand cramped because of Jibun Rest@rt...
Oh that song...
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-04, 19:54   Link #3987
shinku no kage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
WHAT!!!

give her some is ok but Azusa level is just pushing it.

edit: found a pic... wow

Is that "wow" as in "wow, they're huge" or as in "wow, I can't believe that's supposed to be Chihaya"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
My hand cramped because of Jibun Rest@rt...
Oh that song...
Pesonally I find Jibun Rest@rt to be the hardest song in Funky Note. It took me another few tries to get a SSS on it on the Regular difficulty.

*goes back to playing*

After watching XENOGLOSSIA I need to fill my mind back up with the "good" iM@S. Again, it's not a bad series in it's own, but calling it iM@S is...orz
Old 2012-11-04, 19:58   Link #3988
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Jibun REST@RT is definitely one of the hardest songs. I recorded it in Regular because I couldn't get past SS for Pro. Speaking of recordings, I've been doing my own:

Spoiler for ALL STARS & Honey Sound:

Those are without any upgrades whatsoever, fyi. Will add both Groovy Tune and Funky Note when I can; processing these videos just kills my computer. Who needs a new one? Yes I do.

P.S. Sorry everyone, YouTube doesn't like CHANGE!!!! and READY!! for some reason. Because y'know...all of these videos aren't related or anything. Those two got the ban so I had to remove them.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-11-05 at 06:51.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 00:38   Link #3989
shinku no kage

Nice

Currently I'm working to finish Star of Festa on EXPERT. Starting to get a decent collection of Name Cards. I've been working to getting Kirari's card but...the two times she appeared she was accompanied by either Ai or Eri...orz. I went for the 876pro girls. Haven't seen Anzu yet.

Also finished playing on Regular mode too. A SSS rank of all songs with full combos. Managed to get a S rank or above on all songs on Pro, I've yet to get a Full Combo on all the songs yet though. I'm not expecting to manage that on the Master difficulty. *sigh*

I'm also trying for the "Score 765" title but...nothing yet. (you have to have 765 somewhere in your score to get it. Like 765,000 or 76,500)
Old 2012-11-05, 05:49   Link #3990
Kimidori
The Opened Ultimate Gate

Quote:
Jibun REST@RT is definitely one of the hardest songs. I recorded it in Regular because I couldn't get past SS for Pro. Speaking of recordings, I've been doing my own:

this is debut, not regular...

Quote:
Is that "wow" as in "wow, they're huge" or as in "wow, I can't believe that's supposed to be Chihaya"?
both
Old 2012-11-05, 06:49   Link #3991
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kimidori View Post
this is debut, not regular...
Dammit, seriously? Now I gotta delete it and do it again. I'll throw it back into the pile when I can. >.<

Sorry about the mistake. I'll throw in a few Master SSS Rank songs for the next game. I'm moving onto Groovy Tune.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2012-11-05 at 07:34.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 06:52   Link #3992
jdennis007

I wasn't happy with Chihiya's look either or Yayoi being changed from an imouto type to a nee-san type, even though I adore when she goes into nee-san mode in the regular series (especially in Shiny Festa).
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-05, 16:50   Link #3993
shinku no kage

Quote:
Dammit, seriously? Now I gotta delete it and do it again. I'll throw it back into the pile when I can. >.<

Sorry about the mistake. I'll throw in a few Master SSS Rank songs for the next game. I'm moving onto Groovy Tune.
A SSS rank on the Master difficulty!? You monster!! LOL. I can only manage that on songs like Iori's Futari no Kioku and Honey Heartbeat without using any items. On other songs I can barely manage to get an A or S rank without the use of items.

...and be careful with what you post. Some clips could drive people mad, I bet that blakstealth will have another break down if you posted the special MC version of Hibiki's Next Life...*looks around for blakstealth* Or is it too late...?!

They're obviously pushing the DLC costumes in the Special Music Clips, even though they're rarely tied into the concept of the song, and...it's kinda working. The Frill Bikini in L.O.B.M? Gawd...how am I supposed to focus on the song when everyone is dancing around in a bikini!? To top it off they gave Chihaya, Iori, Takane, and Miki alternate hairstyles...ponytail Chihaya and Takane with her hair tied!? = goddesses.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdennis007 View Post
I wasn't happy with Chihiya's look either or Yayoi being changed from an imouto type to a nee-san type, even though I adore when she goes into nee-san mode in the regular series (especially in Shiny Festa).
Yeah...the character designs of XENOGLOSSIA is just...orz. To this day I have no idea what they were thinking when the came up with this series.

Again, it's not a bad series on it's own but to an iM@S fan it's just...y'know...

But watching XENOGLOSSIA made me wonder if the penguin suits that the girls wear during the song Visionary in Funky Note was a reference to the penguin suit in XENOGLOSSIA...?
Old 2012-11-05, 17:17   Link #3994
Dextro
He Without a Title

btw am I the only one thinking that replacing the annoying default "hit" sound with claps does wonders for the enjoyment of the game?
Old 2012-11-05, 21:25   Link #3995
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
A SSS rank on the Master difficulty!? You monster!! LOL. I can only manage that on songs like Iori's Futari no Kioku and Honey Heartbeat without using any items. On other songs I can barely manage to get an A or S rank without the use of items.

...and be careful with what you post. Some clips could drive people mad, I bet that blakstealth will have another break down if you posted the special MC version of Hibiki's Next Life...*looks around for blakstealth* Or is it too late...?!

They're obviously pushing the DLC costumes in the Special Music Clips, even though they're rarely tied into the concept of the song, and...it's kinda working. The Frill Bikini in L.O.B.M? Gawd...how am I supposed to focus on the song when everyone is dancing around in a bikini!? To top it off they gave Chihaya, Iori, Takane, and Miki alternate hairstyles...ponytail Chihaya and Takane with her hair tied!? = goddesses.
Yeah, for a good pile of songs I know them well enough to SSS them on Master. Kimidori was kind enough to point out I had recorded Jibun REST@RT on debut by accident, so the next one I'll record of that will be SSS Master. I just need a tad bit more practice; I'm so heavily bordering between SS and SSS that it's ridiculous.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dextro View Post
btw am I the only one thinking that replacing the annoying default "hit" sound with claps does wonders for the enjoyment of the game?
I replaced the notes with the bright white with colour arrows and the sounds with the closed hi-hat noise. It reaaaaaally does help, yes.
Old 2012-11-06, 10:16   Link #3996
Azuma Denton
~AD~

Yay... This stuff has just arrived this afternoon...
Spoiler for stuff:
Azuma Denton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-06, 10:44   Link #3997
shinku no kage

Ooh, lucky you~

I'm still waiting on my stuff to arrive. The new Puchimasu! manga came out along with the anime fanbook and the new line up of Nendoroid Petite figures.

...and yet I've already made a new list of Puchimasu! goods. I didn't know they made mousepads, clear bookmarks, etc. They also started pre-orders on the Puchimasu! character song CDs.

...but still...

"WHEN ARE THEY GOING TO MAKE PUCHIMASU PLUSHIES~!!!???"

Currently debating on whether or not to spend the money on the goods or just buy a copy of Shiny Festa - Groovy Tune with the moeny...or buy the stuff I've got on the list of non-iM@S goods. orz

*goes back to playing Funky Note*

I...I can't stop playing.
Old 2012-11-06, 20:09   Link #3998
Liddo-kun
is this so?

Chihaya fanart:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Liddo-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 06:59   Link #3999
LoweGear
Secret Society BLANKET
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liddo-kun View Post
Chihaya fanart:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
CHIHAYA-SAMA SUTEKI

Damnit, someone should upload the Honey Sound OVA already. I need my Chihaya fix!

Against all the evil that hell can conjure, all wickedness that mankind can produce... We will send unto them, only you.
LoweGear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-07, 07:09   Link #4000
jdennis007

There are raws floating around, one of which contains all 3 episodes.
I cant wait to see them subbed.

I am crying because Mr wallet wont even consider any anime related purchases.
jdennis007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
comedy, drama, idolmaster, musical, puchim@s