AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-12-11, 23:44   Link #961
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
I also thought it might be a troll video.

For one thing there seemed to be this piano playing over the top of the opening and ending. What was that about?

The the voice over...

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:30   Link #962
TurkeyPotPie
fushigi ojisan

Fun episode. The whole first half was hilarious. Kind of worried that I found Minene quite moe during that toilet sequence.

I was really surprised by Minene's seiyuu when the character first appeared, but this episode there were a few times where Nichijou's Mio seemed on the verge of breaking out.
TurkeyPotPie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:40   Link #963
webkid94
*Author

The OP had a piano playing over the original song. Does it have anything to do with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drlB2RT_XiA

Some of the comments in that vid said that YUI (who wrote the song lyrics) saw this video and was really amazed. If so, this dude is famous.
Nevermind another user did a piano cover, saw it on GotSpeed's website.

Also, lol that first half.
webkid94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 00:53   Link #964
EroKing

>Fang

Uryuu Minene has acquired major moe points.

Last edited by EroKing; 2011-12-12 at 08:33.
EroKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 01:25   Link #965
CrimsonSunshine
We live to make tomorrow

The piano playing over the OP had me confused. I was wondering if it was some music from an ad, so I muted the video. And...it was the video. Then Murumuru's voice over caught me off guard, it was like a big WHAT moment until I realized what was going on...

But the first half of the episode was overall great. Was it an adaption from Mosaic? I don't remember it being anywhere in the main story like. But they did a good job at making terrorist bomber seem moe.

The second half was sweet. I remember reading it in the manga, at that point in time I was feeling fickle on Yuno's character, but decided the chapter was too sweet not to like her.
But, Yuno is unpredictable... I'm scared to see the following episode, or what I think will be the following episode.

Great episode~ Just wish I had watched it in a more comfortable position, aside from slouching over my laptop...
CrimsonSunshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 01:34   Link #966
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Aw, Minene's so cute. That's all I'm saying.

Episode 10: A Cuter Side
Old 2011-12-12, 01:47   Link #967
Hooves
~Official Slacker~
*Author

I'm used to trolling opening and endings ever since R-15. So this didn't catch me off guard But oh my, Tsundere Ninth is a deadly weapon...
Old 2011-12-12, 04:43   Link #968
Aesthetic Shampoo

How many people checked the site to realize the piano over was not official and something the sub group did?
Aesthetic Shampoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 05:49   Link #969
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Ok,after that first half I completely trust the anime team,I never liked the ending of the manga but seeing it handled by the anime staff might make me like it more.

Can't wait to see the speculation of anime only watchers after the ending of this episode.
Old 2011-12-12, 07:19   Link #970
ThereminVox
Guess what time it is?

Dat fang.

The end of episode 9 felt like a long-overdue heel turn for fourth, and I suppose the stinger for episode 10 confirms that. Yukki and Yuno know that Fourth killed the Dog Man, don't they? I wonder if that's why Yukki didn't tell the woman at the wedding seminar who they were. Her appearance there makes me question whose hospital bed we seem to see Fourth hunched over in the ED.

For all of Yukki's attempts to be the good guy, I like that he's not above subterfuge, or taking the easy way out of situations. He's a maladjusted 14-year-old with at least 10 people who want him dead, not a knight-errant. I'd say it's now officially too late for him to back out of his relationship with Yuno. If she's sufficiently divorced from reality that she can make herself forget she knocked out a wall of her house and dug a mass grave, I'm sure she's already cheerfully deleting the part about the wedding ceremony where it was a rehearsal.

Also, I officially don't trust Akise. His way with Yukki is too easy, too disarming. At the very least, I'll wager he considers Yukki's survival ancillary to his snooping.

Last edited by ThereminVox; 2011-12-12 at 07:33.
ThereminVox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 07:54   Link #971
miketyson

Apparently the entire first half is from the 4th chapter of Mirai Nikki: Mosaic. Somehow I either skipped that chapter or completely forgot about it.

To me the most interesting bit of Yuno's characterization here is the way in which she doesn't try to push Yukiteru; it's a little unexpected for someone as obsessed as she is to willingly back down and say she's had enough fun for the day once after just getting that picture taken.

It's also a cool overall scenario: Yukiteru convinces himself everything would be fine if there wasn't whatever there was in Yuno's house, and decides to pretend it's not there; then, when he brings her home, he "gets his wish", but in a way that raises bigger problems than it solves.

And, as a final note: on the one hand, carrying the girl on the back like that is a trope from, amongst other things, shojou manga; on the other hand, in this episode I think it's included as a sly allusion to the custom of "carrying the bridge across the threshold" (the posture isn't "standard" for that but it's otherwise correct timing and behavior).

Some notes about this segment from the manga, specifically about the 4th and Akise:
Spoiler for manga/anime:

I'm really looking forward to the next few episodes now.
miketyson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 08:24   Link #972
Sides

Great episode, like how the expand on Minene's side. The ending wasn't that bad, kind of makes you aware that Yuki and Yuno will be facing a lot of crap next episode, and things are getting serious now for them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurkeyPotPie View Post
Fun episode. The whole first half was hilarious. Kind of worried that I found Minene quite moe during that toilet sequence.

I was really surprised by Minene's seiyuu when the character first appeared, but this episode there were a few times where Nichijou's Mio seemed on the verge of breaking out.
That scene with the water pipe, I totally expect one of Mio's highspeed rants. But in the omake (hairstyles) you can clearly hear that they have the same seiyu.
Sides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 09:23   Link #973
Taivasvaeltaja

I really, really dislike how they/the author is making Minase more sympathetic. She is a wanted terrorist who also killed countless kids in ep2.
Taivasvaeltaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:16   Link #974
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

I kinda agree , i'm looking back to ep 2 , there's a big change(she was insane) And she could have killed Yuki & Yuno too at the house.
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 10:18   Link #975
hi1234

Is it just me or does Yukiteru look like he is dressed to go to the safari every time. So jokes.
hi1234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 11:27   Link #976
DXMichael
Psycho Falling Deep

Akise!

I just have this feeling...this itchy, annoying feeling at the back of my mind, that Akise is going to get brutally murdered somehow, either by Forth of Yuno...I sure do hope my feelings are wrong I like Akise as a character...he's fascinating to learn about and is always unexpected.

But, back to the main episode. I literally paused the video near the start just to make sure an advertisement wasn't playing, because those girly voice overs had me convinced XD But Ninth sure was amusing...and cute...and devious

I'm actually quite glad we got to see more off Third. He seems like the badass of the diary owners and that confrontation with Ninth was quite interestign to watch.
Old 2011-12-12, 11:45   Link #977
Malkuth
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Malkuth
Quote:
Originally Posted by webkid94 View Post
The OP had a piano playing over the original song. Does it have anything to do with this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drlB2RT_XiA

Some of the comments in that vid said that YUI (who wrote the song lyrics) saw this video and was really amazed. If so, this dude is famous.
Nevermind another user did a piano cover, saw it on GotSpeed's website.

Also, lol that first half.
I haven't read mosaic/paradox, but the first part actually takes place during the end of arc now starting in the anime. I don't see it changes the story in any major way.

For the piano cover, what can I say... boring would be an understatement, also the voice was not filtered in properly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post

>Fang

Uryuu Minene has acquired major moe points.
Nah, still chained in the dungeon was her best moment yet !!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taivasvaeltaja View Post
I really, really dislike how they/the author is making Minase more sympathetic. She is a wanted terrorist who also killed countless kids in ep2.
Minase -> Minene? If so she is not any worse than the rest of the cast, who range from serial killers to mass murderers, and still all pale in comparison to any soldier that has seen battle.

Last edited by Malkuth; 2011-12-12 at 11:46. Reason: typos
Malkuth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 14:03   Link #978
Xagzan

I'm confused. The first half of the episode, did that really happen or was it just Murmur's story? Minene was talking to Murmur right after she shot the guy, then all of a sudden she's at Deus' throne.

Either way, my god she is the cutest terrorist I've ever seen. Makes you feel uncomfortable saying that, huh?
Xagzan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-12, 20:03   Link #979
Dark Wing

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xagzan View Post
I'm confused. The first half of the episode, did that really happen or was it just Murmur's story? Minene was talking to Murmur right after she shot the guy, then all of a sudden she's at Deus' throne.
It would seem that all the diary users can go and see dues at will. As a matter of fact didn't Yuki do just that in the first episode? Oh and did anyone else catch the pigtails Murmur put on her at the end?

Anyway the first half seems to be put into place to add a little bit more human to terrorist-chan note that she also kept that dress so it would seem she dose have a soft spot in her emotional armor.

Poor Yuki still easy to manipulate... Well Yuki's gone and done it now he's falling for her and I'm starting to wonder. I really thinks he can he thinks he can fix her or something?...

Finally the 4th makes his move and shows his true colors though this doesn't really come as a surprise since many of us always figured that sly bastard has been up to no good since the start of all this.

Putting up the nice guy act pretending to be all friendly with Yuki and Yuno forcing the 9th to work for him in order to plot the ultimate double cross and all the while just setting back and watching everyone else kill each other in turn increasing his chances of victory...it just brings shivers down my spine...
Old 2011-12-12, 20:35   Link #980
karuroso

=OOO of all places this isn't really one where I would expect to see a Idolm@ster reference, and it fitted so damn well with this ep! Is Asread somehow related with A-1?
karuroso is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
psychological, shounen, yandere