AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-07-15, 23:33   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 715 [manga] (NOTE: NO CHAPTER NEXT WEEK)

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Spoiler's out! Once again, credit goes to Redon for the goods, but since the summary is short this week, I figured I'd NOT be lazy and copy/paste like I did for the past few weeks, heh :

-Chapter title is "Heated battle in C-block". The ministory shows Caribou reuniting with his brother, and being reminded of his deceased mother.

-The chapter is completely focused on the tournament's C-block battle. Interestingly, it's revealed that Don Chinjao can use Conqueror's Haki. Also, it looks like yet another enemy figured out "Lucy's" true identity: The bounty hunter, Jean Ango.

And.... that's it! I DID say it would be short, didn't I? And yes, it looks like Oda will be on another break next week (guy still needs to recover from his recent illness, after all). Anyway, as far as the chapter goes, it looks like it's pretty much meant to show off the more noteworthy fighters from C-block, similar to the first B-block chapter. Don Chinjao having CoC haki is an interesting twist, though (yet another sign of how much of a monster he is). As for Jean Ango, I'm actually pretty curious about him, because this could be the first time we've actually seen a powerful bounty appear in the series (at least aside from Zoro, anyway).....

Last edited by marvelB; 2013-07-17 at 01:25.
Old 2013-07-16, 00:46   Link #2
JonSnow

Finally an opponent that might make Luffy go all out. That old geezer Chin Jao fought Garp and was splitting continents with his head butts in the past. He might even be stronger than Burgess with more fighting experience and probably knows how to use all 3 types of haki.
Old 2013-07-16, 01:44   Link #3
Magin
#1 Akashiya Moka Fan
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Magin Send a message via MSN to Magin
As I had totally forgotten, Chinjao is more or less around VA power-level. I somehow get the feeling that the outcome of his and Luffy's battle is going to spark the "at what level is Luffy" debate again... unless of course the fight ends due to unexpected interference (which therefore means it would be totally expected)

R+V fanfic- Chapter 4 of A Water Bride and a Vampire is now up at FF.net!

All fans of Inner or Outer Moka, come join her fanclub!
Old 2013-07-16, 10:57   Link #4
Rainbowman

That short summary was a big disappointment.
Old 2013-07-16, 12:50   Link #5
Gintokifan22
Gintoki fan

Seems like a pretty good chapter, I can't wait for the fight between luffy and chin, that should be a good one and finally see what Luffy can do, this is just half of it I think. Hey'll still have to fight dof man, some good couple of fights for him this arci can't wait for

Too bad we have a break next week but understandable

Pairings I support : Ed x winry. Ash x Serena. Endou x Natsumi. Ginta x Dorothy fan. Luffy x Hancock. Akito x Yurika fan. Gintoki x Tysuki. Boruto X Sumire.
Old 2013-07-16, 13:52   Link #6
james0246

So he has Conqueror's Haki? Impressive. That makes him the 6th or so currently living user...
Old 2013-07-16, 21:33   Link #7
Undertaker

And I'm sure there are going to be people complaining how CoC is cheapened while ignore the fact that that ratio is about one in a million in which Fishermen Island along is about 5 million, and Alabasta is 20 million...
Old 2013-07-16, 22:31   Link #8
marvelB

^Yeah, it wouldn't surprise me either to see that complaint pop up, sadly. Surely it's not like the New World would be the ideal gathering place for just about ALL of the world's strongest haki wielders, right?
Old 2013-07-17, 00:05   Link #9
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

^His grandkids are haki users too, Buu used CoA this chapter.
We also learn why they have the 12 and 13 tattoo, and it's not Kaidou related.

Ideo = Ideon parody, the shoulders dead giveaway
Jean Ango is Bullseye.
Bobby Funk is incredible. Only reason he's not a top-tier is because he's a pacifist.
I'm loving every time Cavendish does the puffy frown face.
Old 2013-07-17, 00:16   Link #10
Randrak42
ANEGO Worshiper

Hearing about One Piece going on a hiatus next week is 100 times more painful than when I heard Bleach was going on hiatus for over a month D:
Old 2013-07-17, 00:46   Link #11
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

break =! hiatus

hiatus is when it's on a long absence with no clear return point.
This is a break. It's coming back issue 36.

Also we were already told a few weeks ago that Oda is put on a recovery schedule, and there will be periodic breaks.
Old 2013-07-17, 01:02   Link #12
bigdeal000
malefic

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
break =! hiatus

hiatus is when it's on a long absence with no clear return point.
This is a break. It's coming back issue 36.

Also we were already told a few weeks ago that Oda is put on a recovery schedule, and there will be periodic breaks.
The poor OP anime...wait, I don't care anymore about it
Old 2013-07-17, 01:22   Link #13
marvelB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
^His grandkids are haki users too, Buu used CoA this chapter.
We also learn why they have the 12 and 13 tattoo, and it's not Kaidou related.

Ideo = Ideon parody, the shoulders dead giveaway
Jean Ango is Bullseye.
Bobby Funk is incredible. Only reason he's not a top-tier is because he's a pacifist.
I'm loving every time Cavendish does the puffy frown face.

Yeah, I just got done reading your and CCC's translations. Wow, this chapter is AWESOME. All three of the Chinjaos are freaking badass. Ideo is really growing on me, too (the only problem is that his face looks a little too similar to Rob Lucci's). Jean Ango has a cactus on his hat, which automatically makes him awesome. And if I'm not mistaken, it seems the Funk brothers have some weird "fusion"-type DF power? I gotta say, I'm liking the C-block fighters a LOT more than the B-block guys right about now.

Now how's about a few preview pics, guys?

http://i.imgur.com/qkj6V9U.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/tac9LNF.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/Wf3mafR.jpg

^I especially like that last page.
Old 2013-07-17, 03:20   Link #14
Trax
Rock beats scissors

Things are getting interesting in the C-block battle... The giant is down and out, and naturally Cavendish is peeved.

Lots of small fry are getting eliminated by the stronger ones. The Funk brothers seem to have merged into a powerful and tough fighter (Cary's power, Bobby's toughness), and wiped the floor with Boo. I'm guessing Sai will go after him.

Looks like the real fight is starting, the Don is coming after Luffy now!
Old 2013-07-17, 04:01   Link #15
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Jeez... looking through the chapter... I'm alittle surprised to find myself most interested in the Funk Brothers... even with all these different characters Oda's giving us...
Old 2013-07-17, 05:12   Link #16
Rawrz
Redbeard Has Blood Logia!

Ideo seems like Lucci in disguise. Admit it, the idea popped in your head as soon as you saw him.
Old 2013-07-17, 05:19   Link #17
Veviticus

I didn't see the resemblance to Lucci. Probably because I was distracted by those shoulders o_O
Old 2013-07-17, 06:03   Link #18
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

This chapter was so cool, I almost don't care what's happening to Law right now. Almost.
Old 2013-07-17, 06:15   Link #19
ri0

Really nice chapter! I like Chinjao's display of Coc. Hopefully we'll get to see him fight against Luffy. Like JonSnow, I hope that Luffy has to put a little more into it than in the previous NW fights.
Altough I'm really looking forward to that battle, somebody else piqued my interest in that chapter: Jean Ango. The first noteworthy bounty hunter, besides Zoro, who also looks cool. I hope he's performing well along the remaining gladiators.

I feel sorry for the guy who got pummeled by Cary Funk... he looked totally messed up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
The ministory shows Caribou reuniting with his brother, and being reminded of his deceased mother.
My translation says grandmother and I think agewise that's also more likely.
On a sidenote: I think the brother's granny looked a lot like she could be Gaburu's other grandma. Whereas this could also be because she looks like her grandson who resembles Gaburu
Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB
And.... that's it! I DID say it would be short, didn't I?
Can't remember you saying that

@Randrak: So true

Last edited by ri0; 2013-07-17 at 07:39.
Old 2013-07-17, 07:50   Link #20
janipani

Too much going on. This chapter reminded me of my childhood plays with figurines, when you tried to make huge battle or something, but you had only two hands to achieve it.

-Best anime was made in 80s-
Closed Thread