>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

KiNA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 07:02   Link #1662
User65554
Disabled By Request

It seems that Jens Lehmann will make his first start since... a while ago, when Arsenal meet Steaua Bucharest tonight. Well, they've already qualified, so...

If Rangers win or draw, 6 of the last 16 teams will be British. That may be a record of some sort.
User65554 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 08:33   Link #1663
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

KiNa was a Man Utd fans o.O

Chelsea fans here : )

Oh and yea last week was a shocking week where liverpool and arsenal lost their unbidden run >.>
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-12, 08:55   Link #1664
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

BLASHEMY!! To put me in the same league with the devils!!!

I'm a gunners once and forever!
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-12, 16:41   Link #1665
User65554
Disabled By Request

Aaaand Rangers didn't manage it. Oh well.
Some more teams have qualified for the next round. I can't be bothered to write them all down at the moment, maybe later. Hope I can keep my lead at the top of the fantasy football table, however unlikly it seems.
Old 2007-12-13, 12:00   Link #1666
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Pitt View Post
Aaaand Rangers didn't manage it. Oh well.
Some more teams have qualified for the next round. I can't be bothered to write them all down at the moment, maybe later. Hope I can keep my lead at the top of the fantasy football table, however unlikly it seems.
Lyon was just too good and Benzema is a 5 stars forward
arcadeplayer987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 15:29   Link #1667
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Looks like don Fabio is going to become England's next coach...

Well, good luck guys, Capello is one hell of a coach, in all senses (he's like an army's general).
Shinndou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-13, 17:45   Link #1668
User65554
Disabled By Request

I'm just glad we're going for someone who isn't English
I can understand why we would want an English coach... But none of them are any good at the moment...
Old 2007-12-13, 23:43   Link #1669
NightShade
Above and Beyond Fan

Send a message via MSN to NightShade
Anyone here playing the UEFA Cup fantasy?
NightShade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 04:33   Link #1670
nejielf2
Flying alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Looks like don Fabio is going to become England's next coach...

Well, good luck guys, Capello is one hell of a coach, in all senses (he's like an army's general).
How about Beckham?, with Capello in this position I doubt Becks will called again to squad (remember Capello the one who sold Becks when he at Madrid)
nejielf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 06:35   Link #1671
MagicaLideaL
Madder Sky~
*Graphic Designer

Why noone care about the coach - less Valencia ..they ended up with 4 points in the group game with so many great player inside.
MagicaLideaL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-14, 13:12   Link #1672
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
Originally Posted by nejielf2 View Post
How about Beckham?, with Capello in this position I doubt Becks will called again to squad (remember Capello the one who sold Becks when he at Madrid)
Capello will give him a chance if Beckam will prove him that he wants to put real effort for this new project. That's the kind of person don Fabio is. He doesn't give a damn if a player is popular, credited whatsoever, if they don't follow his orders (he's that strict and severe) he won't hesitate to put them out of the team. He gains respect and at the same time he's feared by his own players. When he coached back at Juventus even relaxed fellows like Buffon and Cannavaro could feel the tension in the locker room. Due to his attitude and way to train the players, my prediction is that the national team players will either hate him or will respect him and follow him like a bunch of soldiers do with their general.
Old 2007-12-14, 16:39   Link #1673
arcadeplayer987

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinndou View Post
Capello will give him a chance if Beckam will prove him that he wants to put real effort for this new project. That's the kind of person don Fabio is. He doesn't give a damn if a player is popular, credited whatsoever, if they don't follow his orders (he's that strict and severe) he won't hesitate to put them out of the team. He gains respect and at the same time he's feared by his own players. When he coached back at Juventus even relaxed fellows like Buffon and Cannavaro could feel the tension in the locker room. Due to his attitude and way to train the players, my prediction is that the national team players will either hate him or will respect him and follow him like a bunch of soldiers do with their general.
I doubt Beckam will see any chance from Capello
Old 2007-12-14, 18:28   Link #1674
User65554
Disabled By Request

The press have been going on about rumours to the effect that Beckham will captain the England side for the next game against Switzerland (his 100th cap). Of course, thats just a friendly, so it may not mean anything, and that nice round number may be Beckham's last.

However, I think that Capello is the right man to change the attitude of the England squad. Even with the injury problems McClaren had, the quality of players was enough to get us into Euro 2008. Hell, September last year (before the wheels came off) we had equaled our best position in the FIFA rankings (4th). In theory, that would have made us one of the best teams in Europe. And still we struggle.
Old 2007-12-15, 15:36   Link #1675
arcadeplayer987

I think an english coach would be more appropriate
Old 2007-12-15, 18:00   Link #1676
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by arcadeplayer987 View Post
I think an english coach would be more appropriate
Yeah, but none of them are any good .
In a few years time, maybe Paul Ince or Aidy Boothroyd, or some of the other young managers coming in, but at the moment there aren't any great English managers. Good ones, maybe, but with their players England should be one of the best international teams, and to get there we need one of the best managers (then again, club football is very different to international football, and some of the coaches who are good motivators, and don't need much time with their players... But is that a risk the FA would want to take?)
Old 2007-12-16, 00:32   Link #1677
KiNA
Kira_Naruto, the ecchi
*Graphic Designer

I wonder why Harry wasn't given a chance? The things he done at Portmouth are .. @.@
>> Tsukiumi
>> Saeko Busujima
>> Himuka
>> Yui Kotegawa

Old 2007-12-16, 00:40   Link #1678
nejielf2
Flying alien

Quote:
Originally Posted by VK-Pitt View Post
Yeah, but none of them are any good .
In a few years time, maybe Paul Ince or Aidy Boothroyd, or some of the other young managers coming in, but at the moment there aren't any great English managers. Good ones, maybe, but with their players England should be one of the best international teams, and to get there we need one of the best managers (then again, club football is very different to international football, and some of the coaches who are good motivators, and don't need much time with their players... But is that a risk the FA would want to take?)
I think Mark Hughes (Rovers) pretty good to be England manager (just my opinion).

One thing English manager should do is get more experience by coaching club on another country. Who English manager ever do this?

Anyway, 2 big game today, MUvLiverpool, ArsenalvChelsea.
nejielf2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-12-16, 04:31   Link #1679
Shinndou
魂を踊らすように

Quote:
I think Mark Hughes (Rovers) pretty good to be England manager (just my opinion).

One thing English manager should do is get more experience by coaching club on another country. Who English manager ever do this?
I only recall Roy Hodgson coaching Inter, around ten (or probably even more) years ago. It was back when he told Moratti (Inter's owner) to sell Roberto Carlos to Real Madrid because he thought he wasn't that good. Lol, biggest make one could ever make.

On an unrelated note, the Fifa Club World Cup final match is about to start (in around half an hour), as predicted it's Milan vs Boca Juniors.
Old 2007-12-16, 12:32   Link #1680
User65554
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kira_Naruto View Post
I wonder why Harry wasn't given a chance? The things he done at Portmouth are .. @.@
He was arrested. Although he was released after a few hours and never charged, the FA didn't want to risk anything.

Quote:

Anyway, 2 big game today, MUvLiverpool, ArsenalvChelsea.
Exactly. Mark Hughes is Welsh (and has managed the Wales)

I think Bobby Robson managed a few teams overseas after being England Manager

And AC Milan beat Boca 4-2, Man U beat Liverpool 1-0, Arsenal beat Chelsea 1-0

Last edited by User65554; 2007-12-16 at 13:07.

Tags
football, soccer