Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-06-03, 01:00   Link #1181
WaffleZ
Hylian Blademaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by yezhanquan View Post
Shiro probably wants to put her life in order first, before thinking about love. Her previous growth is becoming aware of feelings, and using them to help herself instead of rejecting them.
Idk, Shiro has to struggle with the fact that she's never dated because of the way she's been raised, so love (or rather lack thereof) is obviously a large problem to sort out in her life. I think she's struggling to cope with her thoughts about Aoki, because she's developing a sense of some attachment to him, but can't really accept those feelings because Aoki is so naive that it kind of clashes with her principles. Therefore, she feels conflicted inside.

Also, we can see with the whole symbolism about the warmth in a man's hands that Shiro is starting to take an interest in inter-personal relationships. Albeit in a creepy way (Let me touch your hand.), the development is still there.
WaffleZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 12:46   Link #1182
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaffleZ View Post
I think she's struggling to cope with her thoughts about Aoki, because she's developing a sense of some attachment to him, but can't really accept those feelings because Aoki is so naive that it kind of clashes with her principles. Therefore, she feels conflicted inside.
Agreed... futhermore, that inner conflict about Aoki doesn't help in deny that attachment. The more she denies it, the more she feels attracted to him (and to the world he represents: kind, caring, warming, etc).

Quote:
Also, we can see with the whole symbolism about the warmth in a man's hands that Shiro is starting to take an interest in inter-personal relationships. Albeit in a creepy way (Let me touch your hand.), the development is still there.
I think that Oyajima sensei fell for her...

For my personal taste (putting Rin aside for a bit), i would like to see ShiroXAoki and HouinXOyajima
Old 2009-06-03, 14:10   Link #1183
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fran~ View Post
Agreed... futhermore, that inner conflict about Aoki doesn't help in deny that attachment. The more she denies it, the more she feels attracted to him (and to the world he represents: kind, caring, warming, etc).

Isn't he married?
Anh_Minh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 14:12   Link #1184
Fran~
floating away...

AFAIK, no...
Old 2009-06-03, 18:08   Link #1185
golthin

Quote:
he has a thing for shiro, in one of the latest chapters he was flirting with Houin-sensei and as always Shiro doesn't approve of those things at work and he was trying to deny it in a hurry. She didn't actually said anything, just gave him the look that she used to give Aoki.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-03, 18:48   Link #1186
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Don't forget: It was him who figured out that Shiro had 0 dating experience. Who did you think the image of Shiro as a grade school kid came from?
Old 2009-06-05, 19:15   Link #1187
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player

I dont believe it ever says he's married, but he does have a daughter.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-05, 19:57   Link #1188
Fran~
floating away...

A daughter???
Old 2009-06-05, 22:08   Link #1189
Dark Wing

Quote:
A daughter???
I have to look back on that chapter but I yea he did say he has a daughter but nothing about his wife so for all we know he could a single parent or even divorced.

However I would hold that with a grain of salt until other wise.
Old 2009-06-23, 03:56   Link #1190
Linksmash
Legendary Link Player

What an amazing chapter ch 50 was, definately what I was hoping for as far as the story development, with some unexpected turns of course.

Spoiler for Kodom No Jikan Ch 50:

Regardless, very excellent chapter, with a lot of solidity in the character developments of Aoki and Rin, and plenty of new questions raised to look foreward to in the next chapter.
Linksmash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 06:15   Link #1191
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Spoiler for events:

The wait continues.

Last edited by yezhanquan; 2009-06-23 at 07:07.
yezhanquan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 15:50   Link #1192
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Linksmash View Post
What an amazing chapter ch 50 was, definately what I was hoping for as far as the story development, with some unexpected turns of course.

Spoiler for Kodom No Jikan Ch 50:

that is not the first time she has done it. She just had other things on her mind at the time and couldn't concentrate. She wanted to give the Gift to Aoki really bad, more than doing that. She most likely would be able to do it after she got back.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-06-23 at 17:07.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:03   Link #1193
Ashlotte
Clockwork

Quote:
Spoiler for events:

The wait continues.
Its not really too far fetched as I myself have been known for not even noticing being cut or injured and bleeding because of it a great many times with a few of them being pretty serious ...I guess it can differ from person to person.

Interesting chapter though that continued to show the mangaka has no intention of ever pulling her punches...It was nice to see the two of them come to an agreement about Reji and I'm hoping that this will help be a turn for the better in his character development.

With that said I don't have to foggiest where this bit between him and Usa is going to lead to next chapter...Something to look forward to I suppose.

No matter what enemy. No matter what ally. Mowing everything down with maximum destructive power.

That is...

"The White Devil of the Administration Bureau"
Ashlotte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-23, 17:11   Link #1194
Fran~
floating away...

Remember the link between Reiji and Mimi: family issues, go back to the episode when Rin is sick and Mimi "calmed down" her, read the chat between Reiji and Mimi, i'm sure that he has no intention on hurt Mimi.

I think that this could be a way to closer the relationship between Reiji and Mimi.

Argh... i really wanted that Shiro chan fell for Aoki , her collarbones are f*ckin hot!.

Great chapter.
Old 2009-06-23, 21:29   Link #1195
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Still, assuming Reiji takes her to the gents, a stranger sees a man helping to clean up an underaged girl. He would either dismiss the whole thing, or be a busybody and call the cops. For plot purposes, which one is likely to occur?
Old 2009-06-23, 21:48   Link #1196
NaweG
Just some guy

^ And then Aoki would have to decide if he meant what he promised Rin about having to help save Reiji even when he could look the other way and get his heart's desire.

Yeah, I could see that being a REALLY interesting plot twist.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:07   Link #1197
Fran~
floating away...

Quote:
Still, assuming Reiji takes her to the gents, a stranger sees a man helping to clean up an underaged girl. He would either dismiss the whole thing, or be a busybody and call the cops. For plot purposes, which one is likely to occur?
There is Mimi's version too, clearly she will not say something like Reiji was hurting her by any means, plus she can said that she knows him.
Old 2009-06-23, 22:11   Link #1198
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

Still, a visit to the station is probably in the works, and if Rin and Aoki gets thrown into the mix, there are more cans of worms waiting to be opened. In the heat of the moment, there's no telling if Aoki would say something inappropriate to add to Reiji's suspicions.
Old 2009-06-24, 21:44   Link #1199
Dark Wing

I'm more akin to feel that Reiji is most likely going to clean Mimi up a bit and then give her the whole "ms. fellow" talk and take her home.

Reiji isn't a bad person by any means just a little grief stricken and emo...
Old 2009-06-24, 22:13   Link #1200
yezhanquan
Observer/Bookman wannabe

My personal misgivings aside, Reiji better pray for non-busybodies to see him and Mimi together. It doesn't take much misunderstanding to get him into the police station for talk over some tea/coffee.

Tags
comedy, growing up, loli, school life, seinen