AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2010-09-06, 12:50   Link #221
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Yeah, chapter 556.
Old 2010-09-06, 14:08   Link #222
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Garp's scene at the end there really hit me hard. Yet again the show strikes with such perfect music placement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackbeard D. Kuma View Post
Here is the preview for next week's episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Gonna see a few of my favorite parts of the arc next week . Can't wait.
Old 2010-09-06, 15:42   Link #223
Dist

Send a message via MSN to Dist
Next weeks episode looks great indeed, although I can't quite understand why in the last episode we see Luffy and others arriving, and in next episode we're gonna see ... how they arrived ? ... Why in that order ?

Also : Are you all looking at those awful Funi/Horriblesub rips at 360p because you're watching the preview from those links posted ? There's 720p releases only few hours after those, with the preview included o.o
Old 2010-09-06, 15:54   Link #224
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Next weeks episode looks great indeed, although I can't quite understand why in the last episode we see Luffy and others arriving, and in next episode we're gonna see ... how they arrived ? ... Why in that order ?

Also : Are you all looking at those awful Funi/Horriblesub rips at 360p because you're watching the preview from those links posted ? There's 720p releases only few hours after those, with the preview included o.o
They showed Luffy and co. arriving before HOW they did in the manga as well, so I guess they're just following the source material.

And while I can't speak for anyone else, yes I'm watching Funimation's subtitled episodes. I don't really care if the subs or visuals are that great a quality, I just like being able to watch something in a language I can understand as soon as possible.
Old 2010-09-06, 16:50   Link #225
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dist View Post
Simply put, because showing them arriving first then explaining how is a better audience hook no matter which medium you do it in.
Old 2010-09-08, 09:53   Link #226
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
^ Good post, Slayerx.

This episode was pretty good, but indeed the pacing could have been better.

Whitebeard destroying Vice Admiral Ronse was done very well. They really emphasized his rage in the anime, and the animation there was awesome.

I also really liked Doflamingo messing around with 13th division commander "Water Buffalo Atmos". His speech about justice has always been one of my favorite scenes in One Piece because it's so true in the real world. Justice always prevails because the winners become justice. Doflamingo is an astute man .

Here is the preview for next week's episode: http://www.fujitv.co.jp/GPplayer/e/G...piece&type=flv
Have to agree that Doflamingo is pretty correct about the winner becoming justice. History is written by those who win after all. Though wonder why he's even fighting at all since he is affecting how things will turn out. Doesn't seem like the type that the marines could threaten in order to make him cooperate.

Whitebeard just owning that giant was priceless. It was a stupid move to attack right after Oars went down. Whitebeard just brutally brought him down and eliminated him.

Glad to see the arrival of Luffy. Now things are going to get interesting. Everyone's expressions were priceless . Though I think Boa and Garp took the cake. Garp must be wondering what is wrong with his grandchildren . Still it's a race against the clock with them planning on executing Ace immediately. Will have to push through right now.
Old 2010-09-08, 10:08   Link #227
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by morbosfist View Post
Simply put, because showing them arriving first then explaining how is a better audience hook no matter which medium you do it in.
Indeed, one of my fav shows put this concept to great use, Stargate SG1.

I'm now contemplating whats more epic, Luffy's jet gattling gun against Lucci or Whitebeards pwning of the big guy?!
The anime has been a little slow at times recently but thats just nitpicky for me but damn they got WB's awesome pwning moment spot on.

Looking forward to moar!
Old 2010-09-09, 21:37   Link #228
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Been waiting a long time for this, I was saving up some episodes so watched from about 459 to 465 in one go. I was trembling with excitement when Whitebeard and co arrived at Marineford, reading it and watching it was a completely different experience. It was the same epicness but intensified by 110%. I think they nailed the sound when Whitebeard uses his fruit perfectly, it makes it seem like he even causes quakes inbetween dimensions.

What really touched me during these episodes though was Oars Jr, seeing it in motion with music almost made me feel like shedding tears. I was also glad to see Luffy finally arrived on the scene.

Hyped for the next episode to say the least.

By the way, does anyone else like the new opening? I find myself watching it every time.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-09, 22:05   Link #229
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaizokugami View Post
By the way, does anyone else like the new opening? I find myself watching it every time.
The new opening is probably tied with the first "We are" opening as my favorite.
Old 2010-09-09, 22:21   Link #230
Bari_Phillis
It's a.... BEAM!

Alright so Luffy flying in just became so much more badass than in the manga!
Everyone's reactions should be epic. The fighting that should soon incur will be something amazing! Ace's reaction to Luffy will sure be a tear bringer. :')
Old 2010-09-10, 03:27   Link #231
Kallen4life

We Are is the best, followed by Share The World no doubt .. but this is probably the 3-rd best for me
Kallen4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 06:00   Link #232
Lukrin

Spoiler for Luffy and co:
Lukrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 09:03   Link #233
Kaizokugami
Pirate God

Quote:
The new opening is probably tied with the first "We are" opening as my favorite.
Same here, We Are is also one of my favorites. I also liked the remixed one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kallen4life View Post
We Are is the best, followed by Share The World no doubt .. but this is probably the 3-rd best for me
Share The World reminded me of high school musical for some reason...but it was still a great opening nonetheless.
Kaizokugami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-10, 09:34   Link #234
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukrin View Post
Spoiler for Luffy and co:
Spoiler:
Old 2010-09-11, 13:38   Link #235
secretzfan
*Fansubber

Spoiler for His arrival:
Old 2010-09-11, 21:32   Link #236
morbosfist
Spinning Lotus

I love how both the pirates and marines collectively face fault at Luffy's utter lack of fear of Whitebeard.
Old 2010-09-12, 04:22   Link #237
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
I actually prefer it over We Are, and is my favorite One Piece OP so far.

Pretty good episode, though the time spent on the flashback as to how Luffy and the gang appeared from the sky was a bit long, though i'm used to this happening.

Conversation between Luffy and Whitebeard was epic as expected, with some great music placement. I just love this episode for more Croc.
Old 2010-09-12, 10:50   Link #238
mageormike
Resident Gaijin

I absolutely loved this episode, the atmosphere of the battlefield as Luffy frantically searched for Ace provided lots of tension, with great bg music choices throughout.

While expected the conversation between Luffy and WB was hilarious XD Only someone like him would shout like that to the strongest man in the world.
Old 2010-09-12, 19:11   Link #239
Yukmouth

wow that was a bold statement from luffy hahahaha
Yukmouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-12, 22:23   Link #240
Blackbeard D. Kuma

My sentiments on this week's episode are basically the same as everyone else's, so I don't feel the need to say anything more .