AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-09-07, 18:10   Link #1901
The Green One

Spoiler for 101:
The Green One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 18:38   Link #1902
King-Slayer

Good chapter but i still don't buy what Saki said during this chapter. Hopefully next chapter we can get more set up stuff and interactions. I'm also curious about Usuzan High and the new announcers.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 19:48   Link #1903
Sumeragi
Banned

I personally hope Rinkai makes it to the final.
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:07   Link #1904
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
It was kind of funny seeing the Children's Mahjong Club show up in the main manga. Sorry girls, as since this is set prior to Achiga's match against Shiraitodai, you're stuck with Kouko and Sukoya.
Old 2012-09-07, 20:47   Link #1905
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Myssa Rei View Post
It was kind of funny seeing the Children's Mahjong Club show up in the main manga. Sorry girls, as since this is set prior to Achiga's match against Shiraitodai, you're stuck with Kouko and Sukoya.
You say it like it's a bad thing.

Anyway
Spoiler for About the new pair:
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 20:56   Link #1906
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Good chapter but i still don't buy what Saki said during this chapter. Hopefully next chapter we can get more set up stuff and interactions. I'm also curious about Usuzan High and the new announcers.
I don't buy it either my guess is that she would get more serious after her meeting with Teru in Achiga side of story w

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-07, 23:37   Link #1907
The Green One

Perhaps this is why Saki was acting so weird during Achiga's semi finals match.
Old 2012-09-07, 23:51   Link #1908
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Green One View Post
Perhaps this is why Saki was acting so weird during Achiga's semi finals match.
For what? Thinking that she's still not playing at her best, which means she's still in no way ready to face her sister? Surely it can't be that simple, given how Saki seemed to be deathly afraid to even WATCH Teru.
Old 2012-09-07, 23:56   Link #1909
night_sentinel

Oh God, I sleep for a whole day and the whole perspective of the taisho match changes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Von Himmel View Post
I don't buy it either my guess is that she would get more serious after her meeting with Teru in Achiga side of story
Regarding what Saki said, I believe her when she said that her opponents are strong. Unlikely as it may seem, Saki was apparently panicking the whole time on the inside while the match is going on.

Saki hasn't really lied to my knowledge, when you ask her a question, she always answer honestly. But, what Saki believes isn't necessarily the truth, as the manga has shown us - Saki's perspective can be a bit divorced from reality.

I think the encounter could be analogous a real life situation, for example a human meeting a flying cockroach (the large variety) or any scary looking pest you could substitute a mouse for example.

A human went into an abandoned storehouse when suddenly a creepy crawly cockroach land beside her.

Human: (scared) cockroach?!!!

Cockroach : (also scared) Wtf? A human!

Human: (Takes a broom and starts to try to randomly try to squash the cockroach who is slowly approaching creepily ) Don't come near me, Don't come near me, Don't come near me...

Cockroach: (sees the shadow of the broom wielding human... Panics... and tries to desperately avoid the blows) I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die....

Human: (finally managed to hit cockroach but came out scared of the experience) I almost got bitten by the scary cockroach - it moves so fast I was sure it was going to attack me. This place is scary, I'm never going to go in here again.

Cockroach (managed to survive a hit) Oh God! what a monster! What will I do when the demon returns! I'm going to die for real!

Lol... Just substitute Saki for human and Kyouko for cockroach. Well you get the picture.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 00:05   Link #1910
The Green One

Quote:
For what? Thinking that she's still not playing at her best, which means she's still in no way ready to face her sister? Surely it can't be that simple, given how Saki seemed to be deathly afraid to even WATCH Teru.
The seeds of doubt can make us do strange things, some not even logical. Saki is a rather meek girl by nature most of the time and she doesn't seem to have the greatest of self esteem either.
Old 2012-09-08, 01:06   Link #1911
Von Himmel
エーレンフェストの聖女

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
Oh God, I sleep for a whole day and the whole perspective of the taisho match changes...

Regarding what Saki said, I believe her when she said that her opponents are strong. Unlikely as it may seem, Saki was apparently panicking the whole time on the inside while the match is going on.
I think she's like Teru in Achiga chapters where she said that her enemies are too strong so she couldn't use 'that' in the match. Eventhough she said that, we know how her enemies end up after the match

...heh, I guess they really are sisters.

Von Himmel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 01:35   Link #1912
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Oh hey, I don't think anyone here's mentioned it, but did Kumakura just imply that some of Miyamori might be returning for the Individuals?
Old 2012-09-08, 01:46   Link #1913
King-Slayer

Quote:
Oh hey, I don't think anyone here's mentioned it, but did Kumakura just imply that some of Miyamori might be returning for the Individuals?
yep. probably Toyone, Shiromi, and i think i will guess Sae since she has a good ability. I dunno if all three made it but Toyone for sure is in there.
King-Slayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 02:25   Link #1914
JW1

Quote:
Originally Posted by night_sentinel View Post
A human went into an abandoned storehouse when suddenly a creepy crawly cockroach land beside her.

Human: (scared) cockroach?!!!

Cockroach : (also scared) Wtf? A human!

Human: (Takes a broom and starts to try to randomly try to squash the cockroach who is slowly approaching creepily ) Don't come near me, Don't come near me, Don't come near me...

Cockroach: (sees the shadow of the broom wielding human... Panics... and tries to desperately avoid the blows) I'm going to die, I'm going to die, I'm going to die....

Human: (finally managed to hit cockroach but came out scared of the experience) I almost got bitten by the scary cockroach - it moves so fast I was sure it was going to attack me. This place is scary, I'm never going to go in here again.

Cockroach (managed to survive a hit) Oh God! what a monster! What will I do when the demon returns! I'm going to die for real!

Lol... Just substitute Saki for human and Kyouko for cockroach. Well you get the picture.
This is all very well, but there were two scary monsters in the form of Toyone and Kasumi sitting at the table and Saki instead chose to get frightened by Kyouko, a girl who we earlier saw getting flattened by Toyone. Now maybe Kyouko has some super power that only Saki is aware of, but right now and based on what we've seen Saki's reaction doesn't make a lot of sense.
JW1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 05:26   Link #1915
night_sentinel

Quote:
Originally Posted by JW1 View Post
This is all very well, but there were two scary monsters in the form of Toyone and Kasumi sitting at the table and Saki instead chose to get frightened by Kyouko, a girl who we earlier saw getting flattened by Toyone. Now maybe Kyouko has some super power that only Saki is aware of, but right now and based on what we've seen Saki's reaction doesn't make a lot of sense.
I think that Saki is actually really scared of all of her opponents on the table not just Kyouko and if anyone else advanced she'll probably be worried about them too. Beside, she didn't actually say that Kyouko is the most powerful in the table; she used the term "persistent" to describe Kyouko which I think described Kyouko perfectly. Kyouko after all tried her best even when she is getting stomped by her opponents in the match - she kept revising her strategy and didn't give up.

Anyway, I do agree that there is slight possibility that Saki may have seen the hidden potential of Kyouko when her eyes go glowy. Though, that would mean another ability that Saki has in addition to what is already confirmed.

If Saki can actually do that, it at least gives some justification to why Saki keep on overestimating her opponents. It also have a nice parallelism to Teru --- Teru's eyes sees the present or current strength of her opponent while Saki's eye see their potential or their future strength.

Beside that it fits their name motifs "Shining" and "Blooming" respectively.
night_sentinel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 07:57   Link #1916
Qilin
Romanticist

I see. So all that scary stuff during that match was just Saki regressing back to an earlier state... huh.

I'm starting to see why Teru came to dislike Saki now.
Old 2012-09-08, 20:47   Link #1917
Peanutbutter

A further description of Shiraitodai third member's ability:

Spoiler:
Peanutbutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 20:58   Link #1918
Akarin

. . .

. . .

. .
Akarin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-08, 21:00   Link #1919
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by akarin View Post
TERU-CHAAAAANNNNN~~

Suki suki daisuki!
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-09-09, 00:57   Link #1920
Requiem-x
The slacking one

Poor Sumire, her wife keeps getting defiled by the powers of moe.
Requiem-x is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mahjong, nopan, seinen, sport, yuri