AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-02-10, 12:28   Link #1381
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Verse 6: Welcome Back, Hero! Yeah, Old Man. I'm Back!

Although short-lived, the fight between Knight and Ice General was put up to decent standards, IMO.

The battlefront as the army advanced from the made-up strait of ice towards the Bright Island was as well dramatized with such raw passion.

We got two accomplishments:
1. Bright Island was retaken by the Human Army in order to open alternative trade route so as the Southern Nations not to have to depend entirely upon the Central Nations, though at the cost of so much Demon and Human lives.

2. The other City far to the South where Yuusha instill fear and superstition in order to force the current Commander to quit and yield his position to his Second-In-Command, a man much more decent and truly concerned for the lives of the human inhabitants that provide supplies to the city. Since desperate measures require drastic solutions, he allowed Demons to intermingle and to coexist with humans in the City, in order for that group to provide economic support as well.

Now to the fun stuff:
We know now where Yuusha got all of his perverted inclinations. The Old Man sure wanted to take a touch on Maou's flesh.

And, Yuusha don't throw away Knight when she so histerically wants to hug you so badly in public before the sight of Maou.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 13:57   Link #1382
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
Wished they touch a bit more on the maou's feeling at how she basically allowed and help the humans kill off 10,000 of her own kind.
I think it was self assured mutual destruction of the human and demon forces, otherwise either would attempt later on to re-take their lost bastion.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-10, 20:24   Link #1383
s07195
However,

So in this episode, the humans won the battle and the island previously captured by the demons, and basically lost Gateway City on the other hand. Hopefully, nothing bad will happen to the humans still living there, since the new leader plans to go begging to the influential demon leaders. Although the demons seem to have a good impression of him so it might not be too bad.

BTW, I've seen instances of bad animation, but what counts as bad animation quality? How much the characters move? Haven't really looked out for it, nor did I especially see a drop this episode as stated by some posters.
Old 2013-02-10, 23:16   Link #1384
sapper
私はお尻を食べる

wow this series is great and i just watched episodes 1-6. so far i've laughed and even had my heart wrench. this series really has a tactitioners point of view. maou is very good at what she does and i like that she is trying to find a peaceful resolve even at the deaths of her own people. yuusha is very straight forward, a true soldier, he knows what to do and how to get it done. war is hell and this series shows it very clearly and i know i've been there done that. im really hoping maou gets what she wants cause ending in a loss or victory will ruin this whole story, so lets all look for whats "over the hill" XD. btw ive never seen an anime that jumps forward months at a time and also doesnt really use names just positions. and did it bother anyone else that he kept hiding from the one he loves because he thought she could do without him? in reality ive seen wives just lose all senses from being away from there husbands for just a week so idk what possessed him to keep away from her but hey i didnt make this anime lol. but im definitly giving this anime a 10/10
Old 2013-02-13, 01:51   Link #1385
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

The Hero has become too strong that he feels that he no longer is as human as the ones who live normal lives in this world. This is probably the reason why he chose to "fall under Maou's companionship" and to support her. Well, I could understand him; it would be a refreshing experience to be someone in the background after being the hero all the time.

Meanwhile, both Maou and Female Knight step into the spotlight as brains and brawn converge to take down the armies of the Walrus Overlord, and the hero gets a nice quiet reunion with Old Man Archer.

This is probably the best gift Hero has given himself recently. He deserves it.

However, how about her maids left at Winter Pass?
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Marcus H. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 03:03   Link #1386
eiyuu99

They'll go back there eventually.

I'm guessing with the demon forces retreated, humans should be the next enemy.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 03:14   Link #1387
FateAnomaly

Maou is indeed a Maou. But the bright light walrus probably deserves it. No guards or patrols at all despite the enemy fortress being just opposite them. The fishies had only 1 front to defend and humans had to guard their flanks yet they still lost. Also, why did the humans bother with the land bridge. If they could make the bridge without detection, they could jolly well all sail across in the first place.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 08:28   Link #1388
kagato3

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Maou is indeed a Maou. But the bright light walrus probably deserves it. No guards or patrols at all despite the enemy fortress being just opposite them. The fishies had only 1 front to defend and humans had to guard their flanks yet they still lost. Also, why did the humans bother with the land bridge. If they could make the bridge without detection, they could jolly well all sail across in the first place.
You can't bring your full strength to bear on a ship and using smaller boats would mean the soilders would be to greatly out numbered to form a beach head. Nor could they launch from where they built the bridge
Higurashi: Its a bit like watching a trainwreck, except you keep getting to see different trains wrecking with roughly the same passengers, into a variety of different objects. Also, the trains are driven by monkeys. On LSD.
kagato3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 10:59   Link #1389
eiyuu99

Ships against many sea-based enemies?
It's like asking the kraken to pull the ships down.
eiyuu99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 12:54   Link #1390
HandofFate

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiyuu99 View Post
Ships against many sea-based enemies?
It's like asking the kraken to pull the ships down.
which did happen to the first 500 ships lol
Old 2013-02-13, 21:24   Link #1391
FateAnomaly

If they didn't get attacked while building the ice bridge why would they get attacked while crossing. Maybe the demons thought they are just having a camping trip huh.
FateAnomaly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-13, 22:11   Link #1392
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FateAnomaly View Post
Also, why did the humans bother with the land bridge. If they could make the bridge without detection, they could jolly well all sail across in the first place.
Just want to reply to the quoted question.
As has been said by Female Knight, the specialty of the Southern Nations’ soldiers are land battle. Plus, with the ice-bridge, the soldiers are able to use horses and other heavy equipments. Using boats (again) will result in a total lost like what was shown in episode 5. In short Ice-Bridge = More Power. Well, at first they do indeed wanted to use boats and relying almost solely on surprise attacks IIRC until Maou gave them better option (providing more salt to build the bridge).
Old 2013-02-13, 22:29   Link #1393
Elestia

It also puts the demons at a disadvantage, since the only way to effectively stop the human advance and preventing a beachhead from being established was putting their own troops on land. Again, this puts the demons who specialize at water combat at a severe disadvantage.
Old 2013-02-14, 04:44   Link #1394
EroKing

Old 2013-02-15, 13:41   Link #1395
ookamigirl

Peace, tranquility and day to day problems.
That pretty much summed up this episode.
Hero vs Knight training session/fun was nice.
Seems like the knight is having a crush on our Hero ^^
Looks like she's not the only one LOL
So their secret weapon is a printing press.
The midnight "tea party" was fun ^^

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 14:04   Link #1396
ReaperxKingx
Emperor of the Expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by ookamigirl View Post
Peace, tranquility and day to day problems.
That pretty much summed up this episode.
Hero vs Knight training session/fun was nice.
Seems like the knight is having a crush on our Hero ^^
Looks like she's not the only one LOL
So their secret weapon is a printing press.
The midnight "tea party" was fun ^^
Forgot the discovery of Carbonated Drinks, Maou needs to create of a book of dentistry soon to combat the upcoming cavity epidemic.
ReaperxKingx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 14:50   Link #1397
monir
cho~ kakkoii

Enjoyed episode 7 a lot, probably as much as episode 1, though for the wrong kind of reasons at times.

Spoiler for episode 7 specific images. NSFW:

Really, didn't expect fanservice to this degree from this series. The female-knight took matters in her hand. How the story is being laid out may not be as good as it could have been, the entertainment is still there. Anyway, the world building process now has the greatest weapon of all: The printing press. And orange soda..... And it also seems from the last minute of the episode that their effort is about to hit a snag.
monir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-02-15, 16:39   Link #1398
zRichard

The discovery of carbonated drinks should be credited to Maid Imouto. She got the idea to mix the juice with the carbonated water.

This episode shows how everyone around Maou and Hero grew to become more capable individuals. Female Knight is stronger. Merchant Son is now working for the Winter King. Maid Onee in charge of being Maou's double. Even that little Demon girls is following the Dragon Princess around.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:14   Link #1399
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

This show is a lot better when it prioritize entertainment. This was the most enjoyable episode since the first one. Hero is a lucky guy, having a wife and a mistress who get along so well.
Old 2013-02-15, 17:20   Link #1400
Elestia

Pretty good episode. Female Knight fanservice was a little excessive with her underwear showing (dat ass), but it was still all good.

Little sister was cute, but they changed the sequence of her introducing carbonated beverages.

Grand Princess Fire Dragon was ugly. Ugly. Ugly as hell. I'm actually glad we actually get to see less of her in the anime with that character design. With such weak development and little screentime it was inevitable that her appearance would be a trivial detail added to keep some consistency with the novel.

The commander of the crusaders is also miscast with Houchu Ohtsuka. He just doesn't do the mad and raving general character right.

The judgement of the commander was a bit bewildering with the thunderous applause at the end.

Tags
economics, fantasy, harem