AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Code Geass

Notices

Old 2008-02-06, 19:46   Link #141
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Well that may lie in the fact that he was outnumbered to a large degree and that his energy filler ran out, though the fact they lasted as long as they did means they are still nothing to disregard.

I wonder how far the other powers actually are with what they are doing as the best scientists seem to be those that originated in Britannian territory. I suppose it isn't out of the question that some went to the other countries though.
Dann of Thursday is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-06, 22:14   Link #142
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeotoxSlayer View Post
Well apparently the only countries capable of making good Knightmare Frames are Japan, and Brittannia.
Consider the fact that Britannia has a strangle-hold on the supply of Japanese Sakuradite, it is not surprising for other nations to be limited in their scope of researching high-tech weaponry. The other nations could only make as much room temperature superconductors as Britannia could let them.

It's not so much other nations falling behind technologically as much as Britannia's tech growing too fast; The other nations are trying their very best, but the Britannian scientists had more to work with.
Old 2008-02-26, 23:06   Link #143
cf_dagger

Is the float system considered new technology?I mean look at Britania "helicopter" (they more like a hovercraft to me). Those "helicopters" don't have any propeller or vertical thruster that can provide lift. What is actually float system is?some sort of anti gravitational system?

Then if there is a common use of float system before then why we we still seeing conventional aircraft (like those transport plane and fighter jets in episode 1)?
cf_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-26, 23:23   Link #144
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf_dagger View Post
Is the float system considered new technology?I mean look at Britania "helicopter" (they more like a hovercraft to me). Those "helicopters" don't have any propeller or vertical thruster that can provide lift. What is actually float system is?some sort of anti gravitational system?

Then if there is a common use of float system before then why we we still seeing conventional aircraft (like those transport plane and fighter jets in episode 1)?
No, all the Britannian flying units (minus Avalon) do have vertical thrusters on them. Sadly there's no lineart of anything but the Knightmare VTOL, and I don't want to go through the episodes and pick out shots. But go check the episodes with flying units in them, there are multiple signs that they're exerting downward thrust or have some sort of ground facing opening for a thruster.

The float system is also quite new, having been developed by Lloyd. (Though it's unclear if the theory of a float system came from him or not) Larksharta didn't even know it was ready for practical use until she saw the Avalon and got her hands on the Gawain, and Lloyd didn't seem to feel too comfortable about Schniezel applying the technology until they had "proper test data" from Suzaku and the Lancelot.
ashlay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 00:59   Link #145
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I have a question on the Avalon. We see those two runway things spitting out of the sides of the upper part of the ship. Do you think they are meant for airships like choppers and small jets to fly in and out of? Also it says that their is a 66mm cannon on the ship but where? All I see are the launch catapult and the aforementioned runways.

Another question I have is on the Sakurdatie. Given that is shown that in liquid forms it has explosive properties do you think its possible to convert it into something like a nuke?
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 01:04   Link #146
SoldierOfDarkness
The Dark Knight

Location: From the deepest abyss in the world, where you think?
Isn't that what Nina did in the last episode? She rigged a nuke bomb with Sakuradite or something didn'tshe?
SoldierOfDarkness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 01:38   Link #147
Masterkeyes2
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via MSN to Masterkeyes2 Send a message via Yahoo to Masterkeyes2
I guess so but from the way she made it sound it was if she wasn't even sure the theory would work which leads me to believe that she would be the first one to make one. Or she could be the first one to make it outside of the military.
Masterkeyes2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 04:23   Link #148
cf_dagger

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashlay View Post
No, all the Britannian flying units (minus Avalon) do have vertical thrusters on them. Sadly there's no lineart of anything but the Knightmare VTOL, and I don't want to go through the episodes and pick out shots. But go check the episodes with flying units in them, there are multiple signs that they're exerting downward thrust or have some sort of ground facing opening for a thruster.

The float system is also quite new, having been developed by Lloyd. (Though it's unclear if the theory of a float system came from him or not) Larksharta didn't even know it was ready for practical use until she saw the Avalon and got her hands on the Gawain, and Lloyd didn't seem to feel too comfortable about Schniezel applying the technology until they had "proper test data" from Suzaku and the Lancelot.
I'm pretty sure there isn't any clearly visible downward thruster for Britania "helicopter". But, oh well, this anime after all.

I'm also always wondered why firearms in CG world still emitting blast of fire when fired?Not they are a sort of rail/coilgun, and not gun powder ignited?Is rail/coil gun still have a fire blast when used?

Are there any info about EU made KMF?Chinese have those Gan-Ru, but no EU mech been introduced. Any body know which country made those huge mech thaht Cornelia faced in Area 18?I doubt that a local product, because I believe seeing those mech in Code Geas DS game and that mech were piloted by Britanian force.
cf_dagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-02-27, 14:49   Link #149
Cal-Reflector

Quote:
Originally Posted by cf_dagger View Post

I'm also always wondered why firearms in CG world still emitting blast of fire when fired?Not they are a sort of rail/coilgun, and not gun powder ignited?Is rail/coil gun still have a fire blast when used?

Are there any info about EU made KMF?
In general the series does not try too hard to fit itself into the Real Robot genre, going by the relatively scant official data released about weapons and warfare. Unlike say... Gundam Original Universe or Macross, for which there exists PhD thesis' worth of primary source material. So in this case viewers interested in the Real Robot aspect of a mecha show are left to fill in a lot of the blanks.

If indeed Britannia has, from the smallest pistol to the largest bazooka, adopted electromagnetic propulsion then the muzzle flashes are an oversight. An alternative explanation is that on some weapons what's employed is not electro-magnetic propulsion via rail but simply electric ignition/firing mechanism, similar to MetalStorm concept, in which traditional propellant is still involved. I don't remember clearly, but I believe the KMF bazooka leaves a smoke trail when fired, which may indicate that this is the case.

The EU should have their own Knightmare; they could not be one of the three powers in the world if they didn't. Also, if the Chinese Federation KMFs are characterized after their real world counterpart's preference for simple, solid, and cost-effective weapons, then the EU's KMFs are probably sophisticated, superior, and available in smaller numbers than even the average Brittanian unit. Cliched, but nonetheless possible.

What I'm curious in is the specs regarding the Sutherland's standard armaments; the assault rifle and the bazooka. The Assault rifle has what appears to be a grenade launcher built in, similar to this concept.

http://world.guns.ru/assault/aicw-2005.jpg

I'd be curious to know what the caliber of both weapons are; after all the KMF is in fact a fairly small machine that can't wield anything huge and wouldn't require much to bring down anyways. I guess 20-25mm on the rifle, 75-90mm on the grenade, and 125-155mm on the bazooka/recoilless rifle.
Old 2008-03-02, 18:39   Link #150
NewYinzer

What I want to know is why they have Hadron cannons, but it is only recently that Nina "discovered" nuclear fission. Based on my basic knowledge of nuclear physics, a civilization that can produce hadrons would have to have particle accelerators, which means that they would have had to experiment with nuclear fission and fusion long before the construction of such a weapon. After all, in modern civilization, we are only beginning to understand the hadron, but we've had nuclear weapons for 63 years. Or we can blame the whole matter on the sakuradite deus ex machina and call it a day...
NewYinzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-02, 18:44   Link #151
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYinzer View Post
What I want to know is why they have Hadron cannons, but it is only recently that Nina "discovered" nuclear fission. Based on my basic knowledge of nuclear physics, a civilization that can produce hadrons would have to have particle accelerators, which means that they would have had to experiment with nuclear fission and fusion long before the construction of such a weapon. After all, in modern civilization, we are only beginning to understand the hadron, but we've had nuclear weapons for 63 years. Or we can blame the whole matter on the sakuradite deus ex machina and call it a day...
Well, to look at it another way, the technology is also at a point where even a high school student can get a working nuclear device.

To make a long story short: Sakuradite made the need for such "dangerous" high output power sources unnecessary. When so little energy is lost during transfer, the power gained from solar panels is more than enough to meet the needs of even a huge city like the Tokyo settlement, and powering KMFs and other vehicles with a battery/fusion engine combo is far safer and the materials more readily available/manufacturable than nuclear materials.
Old 2008-03-29, 14:41   Link #152
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Was there an explanation given for how the MVS weapons work?

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-29, 14:52   Link #153
ashlay
the red string of fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dann of Thursday View Post
Was there an explanation given for how the MVS weapons work?
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maser

And somehow that makes a solid blade vibrate in such a way to act like a chain sword. Thus: Maser Vibration Sword.

Of course none of it really makes any sense, so no, there's no explanation other than that. >_>
Old 2008-03-29, 14:53   Link #154
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Thanks. It may not make much sense, but it's better than nothing.

"Nearly all men can stand adversity, if you want to test a man's character give him power." - Abraham Lincoln
Old 2008-03-29, 15:07   Link #155
KrimzonStriker

Hey, we've got basically a monopoly on an alchemical material in one of the most under-resourced areas in the world in addition to magic powers and immortal individuals running around. ANYTHING that gives an explanation is much better then nothing for this series
KrimzonStriker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-29, 15:37   Link #156
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

Sakuradite isn't exactly alchemical though, is it? That was merely what was said about it long ago. I'm curious as to what the explanation is going to be for the Geass and immortality. I'd rather that things not get too magical, but that seems somewhat impossible.

Old 2008-03-29, 15:42   Link #157
KrimzonStriker

It basically serves the same function as the philosophers stone as a replacement to things like the radiation consequences of physics so it might as well be alchemy until we get a better answer as to it's nature

Well, you know we could answer all that with evolution for the immortality and the psychic powers for the Geass based on other science fiction aspects to explain things which would appear to be magic in any other sense
Old 2008-03-29, 15:49   Link #158
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

I doubt we're going to get much more of an explanation regarding it unless it becomes important enough to be featured in the show.

I don't quite see immortality as evolution since there seem to be some disadvantages to it. Psychic powers serves as a scientific explanation of Geass, but that doesn't explain the whole bird thing.

I do recall that they were using technological terms to explain certain aspects of C.C., such as how her Neuro Framen or something were higher than expected.

Old 2008-03-29, 16:05   Link #159
KrimzonStriker

Immortality is a mutation then? Same difference

The bird could just be a manifested image of it, you know how some psychics would use established techniques to refine their powers with focused symbols to how they shaped their thoughts and such. Lelouch is using a technique that has like a millenia of history after all, the way he uses it could just be how the previous users learned to control and shape it.

And yes I recall those too, so scientific explanations are mixed in there Dann. It might not be about magic at all... maybe
Old 2008-03-29, 16:23   Link #160
Dann of Thursday
WHERE'S...MY...COW????

It will probably be something that some people will call magic, while others in the show will say it has a scientific explanation. Both could be right I guess. I can't think of a scientific explanation for talking to the dead.

And if it's a mutation than I guess C.C. has no chance of becoming mortal if she ever wanted that at all.

Tags
mecha