AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2009-11-01, 22:38   Link #81
JokerD

Ch 17 now, to quote another on Kanako:
"What was it? Tsun... Tsun... Tsundara? No... Tsunjire?"

Ahem, but Kana seems to be getting a lot more panel time than Kaede, or maybe her appearances are more memorable...
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-01, 22:51   Link #82
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
that twin sayd loud that jumpei is cursed by cat god and that he can hear cat speach....... keade could have heard that the same she become connected to that curse too [but she got connected subconsciously without her knowing if there is any truth in that what he heard]

so it could be that becouse she heard that jumpei was cursed she becomed little cursed too [the misfortune part when someone learns about that secret]....

yet its strange that when Kanako said that she wants to be with jumpei as her wish nothing happend..... but when jumpei said that he wants to be with mizuno... and mizuno that she wants to be with jumpei the bell suddenly broke, it might be a sign of they not ending up together becouse it brings misfortune... or its becouse of that curse that brings misfortune to those who heard that secret [that jumpie is cursed]
The anime is a little more obvious about this than the manga...
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 01:56   Link #83
Who

Ch 17...
Is it possible to be on two (pairing) ships simultaneously? Like one foot on one ship and the other foot in the other ship? Or will a shark jump out from the water and bite my nuts off?

Cause this chapter fully convinced me to root for Kanako but at the same time, I like Kaede as well.
Who is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 02:33   Link #84
zibi88

well I root for Kanako.... since its allways easy for a shy,quiet,cute girl to end up with the main character without even talking much in the whole manga which reffers to Keade..... but Kanako is a tsudare character.... she acted violently towards jumpei for all those years so he doesnt see her affection which makes Kanako's trying harder and more interesting....

so Kanako has to try few times harder to gain jumpeis attention than keade... yet she slowly breaks the ice that has pilled up after those years...and jumpei starts to realize that Kanako is cute and normal girl [that is a bit jelous and acts violently in order to gain attention]

in chapter17.... well only kanako was able to hand over the chocolate to jumpei and it was a hard work for her becouse of her character (outside looks violent,rought but inside she is very kind and thinks about others feelings... she doest say it but she has love and not friendly feelings for jumpei)......... where was Keade... after the amusment park she could have handed it over to him as thank you for a good time there... yet she was sitting on her ass and eating sweet stuff >__<...... if it was too much to hand it over to him herself she could have putted it into jupei's desk when he was out on the break yet she didnt even do that

so yeah Kanako all the way...... like manga is about a violent girl trying her best to gain jumpeis love and change his thinking about her from violent to normal or even cute.....(keade is too much of an airhead if someone else wont tell her about other persons feelings for her she would never in her life notice on her own... Kanako can read the mood and peoples expressions ^^)

well I hope that Kanako will end up with jumpei at the end (well its only a hope becoue mostly like allways mizuno will win... a girl from front of the posters and all........ well Kanako might at the end say to jumpei to go to keade say his love and watch over her blablabla... becouse kanako in reality is kind and shy girl ^^ )
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 21:31   Link #85
JokerD

BTW anyone remember that Junpei actually told the 2 guy friends that he can understand cats now way back in ch 1, not telling about the curse but just the understanding part. I wonder that that counts to increase Junpei's misfortune.
JokerD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-02, 23:59   Link #86
Johnny
Working the bags...

Best page out of chapter 17...

Spoiler:
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:06   Link #87
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

I like the background comments of this chapter, "I didn't feel her presence." and "Die!" Actually I like the background comments of every chapter, I get the most laugh out of them.
Sai Feng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 00:08   Link #88
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Spoiler:
lol yea, great stuff I especially liked the "die" part

the more I look at the character's design, more I just kepp falling love with them. I just love the art, simply great stuff.

ch 17 just increases my love for Kanako and my desire for her to win in the end
Old 2009-11-03, 05:43   Link #89
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Send a message via MSN to willyvereb
Quote:
Originally Posted by zibi88 View Post
And you're saying that all Junpei's efforts should go rubbish? He tries about as hard as her to get Kaede, but the other girls and his bad luck always interrupt and inhibit him. He didn't even make such a big mistake and unjust attitude as Kanako and he isn't even agresszive like her. So he has the full right to get what he wants, right? Why should Kanako get Junpei after she messed her chance up big time since elementary school...and she hasn't even tried to make up and simply incereaced the wrongs with every passing year. And now as he slowly starts to get closer to Kaede she makes her moves too.
I think Kanako is the greatest part of Junpei's misfortune

We speak about how much Kanako is in love with Junpei, but we neglect that Junpei probably is in love with Kaede even more. He would almost die to help her out in anything she needs and his focus obviously oriented on Kaede almost exclusively from the girls. The Jizou Cat God's curse makes him unfortunate and faces him with different kind of obstructions to get together with Kaede, like Kanako intruding, misunderstandings and dragging him everywhere away from Kaede ,their "romantical moment" being shot down or lastly the other girls confessing their love for him(making him confused how to react and what to do...I think this is the most sinister part of the curse). If Junpei ends up with anyone other than kaede in the end it means the curse won.
willyvereb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 08:06   Link #90
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by willyvereb View Post
And you're saying that all Junpei's efforts should go rubbish? He tries about as hard as her to get Kaede, but the other girls and his bad luck always interrupt and inhibit him. He didn't even make such a big mistake and unjust attitude as Kanako and he isn't even agresszive like her. So he has the full right to get what he wants, right? Why should Kanako get Junpei after she messed her chance up big time since elementary school...and she hasn't even tried to make up and simply incereaced the wrongs with every passing year. And now as he slowly starts to get closer to Kaede she makes her moves too.
I think Kanako is the greatest part of Junpei's misfortune

We speak about how much Kanako is in love with Junpei, but we neglect that Junpei probably is in love with Kaede even more. He would almost die to help her out in anything she needs and his focus obviously oriented on Kaede almost exclusively from the girls. The Jizou Cat God's curse makes him unfortunate and faces him with different kind of obstructions to get together with Kaede, like Kanako intruding, misunderstandings and dragging him everywhere away from Kaede ,their "romantical moment" being shot down or lastly the other girls confessing their love for him(making him confused how to react and what to do...I think this is the most sinister part of the curse). If Junpei ends up with anyone other than kaede in the end it means the curse won.
Kanako is aware of this, that is why she has not confessed to him. She is always thinking about Kaede's feelings. It is the same way with Kaede, she didn't give Junpei the chocolates because she is thinking about Kanako.
Old 2009-11-03, 08:51   Link #91
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

Really? Then why she prevents their time together almost every single time? She's only scared of rejection...that's why she didn't confess.
Old 2009-11-03, 10:38   Link #92
golthin

Quote:
Really? Then why she prevents their time together almost every single time? She's only scared of rejection...that's why she didn't confess.
She loves the guy, and years of acting on her feelings get the best of her. She loved him so much that just look for how long she held a grudge for him. Once the misunderstanding was gone, all the pent-up love came overflowing. she knows she has to repress those feelings for the sake of Kaede in her mind, but her heart make her act before she realizes it.
Old 2009-11-03, 13:15   Link #93
willyvereb
Mad Scientist #0000

It can be...but it's not like she's minding her actions after that. She clearly knows what she does...she's just a chicken to confess...And regardless she's intruding and probably the strongest obstruction between Kaede and Junpei...So my theory still stands.
Old 2009-11-03, 16:49   Link #94
Bonta Kun
Know who you are

Quote:
It can be...but it's not like she's minding her actions after that. She clearly knows what she does...she's just a chicken to confess...And regardless she's intruding and probably the strongest obstruction between Kaede and Junpei...So my theory still stands.
I'll agree that Kanako as an childhood friend, will be an obstruction, its an anime law but the real obstruction is Junpei himself, he's the one holding back.
Thats another law of anime, male leads will always be their own biggest hurdle.

While we all know and understand that for story's sake hurdles mile high, obstructions mile wide and last second interrupts happen its not impossible for a male lead to just take a few mins to get a confession out.

I'm not getting my hopes up on seeing a curve ball thrown at us, as I see it to be very unlikely but still doesn't stop one from wishing it be
Old 2009-11-03, 17:00   Link #95
Johnny
Working the bags...

A slider will be thrown...
Johnny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-03, 18:00   Link #96
zibi88

Quote:
About those chocolates... we dont know if Keade was thinking about Kanako or not.... but I guess she was not thinking about Kanako but simply she chickend out.... since she could just have give Jumpei a simple "friend chocolate" yet she didnt even gave those to him.... yet Kanako a Tsudare broke her emmberesment and give (in some strange way XD of bad luck) her chocolate for him...

it doesnt matter if these are love or friend chocolate but what is important is that she was able to break her own fear and emberesment (as for her Tsudare character she forged for years) in order to give it to him.... while Keade was not able to....

anyway we still have to remember that Keade is such an air-head that if "nagi" didnt said to Keade in the ammusment park that Jumpei thinks of her more than a friend she wouldnt notice jumpei in such light in her whole life..... its only thx to Nagi that she started to notice jumpei more... (and from this point she started to think about Kanako in some poor way)

yet Kanako was without anyones help able to self-notice the mood and who jumpei likes... yet she is not giving up.... if she gave up her own feelings now she could have regreated it to the rest of her life.... becouse jumpei has some feelings for keade (and is blind to kanakos affection for all those years [becouse of her violent acts which is a way to gain his attention.... jumpei is blind to those yet his 2male friends are aware of it....])......... it doesnt mean that Kanako cant try to gain attention to ^^... Kanako is simply jelous and acts violently by separeting jumpei and keade in their talk... but its a normal reaction [yet her tsudare char is the main reason here XD... life experiance I guess :P]....... keade is not interrupting becouse she has no guts to.... her char is nice and quiet one... an observer than an attacker

So why should Kanako give up her own feelings becouse there is Keade... its not like she has to give Jumpei on a silver plate to Keade....she fights to the end XD and a Tsudare character has way more harder than a cute,shy,kind girl that doesnt have to speak much [her look is enought for most]

Kanako mostly will wait for the moment when Keade will confess and Jumpei will be the one to end the quarell (keade or kanako).... becouse jumpei currently is rather looking on the outside :P becouse all his life he was beaten or treated badly by kanako (becouse of a misunderstanding with that doll... which really hurt kanako as it looked jumpei betrayed her friendship and feelings she putted in makeing that cat doll) so he is attracted to the cute,nice and kind girl

but well you will have to wait for scanlation of ch24 & 25 to see something interesting ^^ I wont say anything till those chapters will appear translated ^^

hmmm but If I could say something that from ch26 mostly a ballance will finaly appear (I hope so at least).... anf from this point jumpei will have to think about his surroundings more... ^^

hmm I wonder when do the raws come out in japan...
zibi88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-06, 09:40   Link #97
jomblo07

i guess it is in monthly magazine cuz the first chapter was released in august 2007
jomblo07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 00:57   Link #98
Iron Maw
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny View Post

Spoiler:
Don't forget the chanting in the background.

But does anyone think that Junpei is quite an idiot not to put two and two together with obvious lie about Kanako's brother? I've thought to peg him as one of slightly smarter harem leads.

It was a real stretch there for him not to think that she might have a thing for him Tsundere or not.

Last edited by Iron Maw; 2009-11-07 at 01:43.
Iron Maw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-11-07, 02:08   Link #99
SageGaiGar
You are Next

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maw View Post
Don't forget the chanting in the background.

But does anyone think that Junpei is quite an idiot not to put two and two together with obvious lie about Kanako's brother? I've thought to peg him as one of slightly smarter harem leads.

It was a real stretch there for him not to think that she might have a thing for him Tsundere or not.
Actually in the end he was kind of putting two and two together and freaking out over it.
Old 2009-11-07, 03:42   Link #100
kaizerknight01
Extra Superior Otaku

chap 18 is up

nagi arc XP
kaizerknight01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
harem, romance, shounen