AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-12-10, 01:44   Link #2081
DeX-kun
Alto x Ranka :)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
I'm the type of guy who sees the glass half full rather than half empty. And considering how great of a job the animators are doing even the anime original parts, I really don't see why we should be so pessimistic of them screwing up an anime original season featuring Aoba with her turn to shine on the mound.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this idea and I'm as optimistic as anyone else out there but sometimes being too greedy is a bad thing. Besides, Aoba still might have her chance to shine in the coming 15 episodes despite the fact that she's currently hospitalized and won't be able to participate on the national team. We know what the anime team is capable of and I do think they're doing an incredible job with the source material, but there is still a possibility of it not living up to expectations.

I love this anime so I really wouldn't mind a sequel of sorts but if it ends well enough, I'll be content

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
DeX-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 02:26   Link #2082
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I'm not against this idea and I'm as optimistic as anyone else out there but sometimes being too greedy is a bad thing.
We know what the anime team is capable of and I do think they're doing an incredible job with the source material, but there is still a possibility of it not living up to expectations.
Nah, the latter statement contradicts the former statement about you being optimistic; latter is EXACTLY the way looking at a glass half empty. Not that it matters much, or nothing really wrong with being the one who looks at stuff half empty, but just saying...

Quote:
Besides, Aoba still might have her chance to shine in the coming 15 episodes despite the fact that she's currently hospitalized and won't be able to participate on the national team.
Looks at manga.... decides not to answer.

Quote:
I love this anime so I really wouldn't mind a sequel of sorts but if it ends well enough, I'll be content
I'll be content as well if they pretty much end it the way the source will do in the future. Just be much more happier if there's an Aoba-centric show in which she'll be the one up on the mound. :shrug:

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 02:50   Link #2083
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
Looks at manga.... decides not to answer.

I'll be content as well if they pretty much end it the way the source will do in the future. Just be much more happier if there's an Aoba-centric show in which she'll be the one up on the mound. :shrug:
Call me an optimistic realist then Either way, I'm an anime-only viewer so I wouldn't know what's to come although I'm sure the manga hasn't ended yet. The anime has already taken it's liberties in expanding Aoba's character from what I've heard, so I wouldn't be surprised if they decided to give us a filler show all about Aoba somewhere. But this is only speculation on my part so let's see what happens.

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-10, 03:09   Link #2084
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azuma Denton View Post
Nice eps there...

In the manga, Aoba only mention briefly about going to tryout for women's national. But here, they provide all the detail in the tryout...
I haven't read the manga, but I think that's a good point. I like how they are fleshing out the story in the anime to develop some of the relatively *important* aspects of the series that are only mentioned in the manga (i.e. Aoba trying out and seeing how she fares against some of the most talented female players).

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
Only 15 episode left....
At first I was glad that CG has 51 episodes ,but now... I think 51 may not enough.
I would like them to continue to develop these "anime-original" episodes to further detail the elements from the manga. What has me wondering is whether or not 51 episodes is going to be enough. There's this, all the baseball matches in the Spring, and then Summer Koshien, which I would imagine would take a good number of episodes.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 09:28   Link #2085
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by HitagiIsHot View Post
There's this, all the baseball matches in the Spring, and then Summer Koshien, which I would imagine would take a good number of episodes.
I dunno, hasn't the time to be invited to the spring koshien come and gone already in the anime? This being their final year, if they do do something anime original for something sensationally big, it's probably going to have to wait until after the manga finishes so as not to do something that directly contradicts the mangaka.
Old 2009-12-10, 14:59   Link #2086
Heibi
Ancient Fansubber
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
I dunno, hasn't the time to be invited to the spring koshien come and gone already in the anime? This being their final year, if they do do something anime original for something sensationally big, it's probably going to have to wait until after the manga finishes so as not to do something that directly contradicts the mangaka.
True, they were not invited. And as Akaishi said, they aren't even on the alternate list. Thus, the summer Koushien is their last chance.
Old 2009-12-10, 15:09   Link #2087
Theowne
耳をすませば

Watching the episode late again....Anyways, not bad, especially for what is apparently anime original material. I guess it is sort of alarming that there's only 15 episodes left. But, I'm sure the team won't disappoint..

My Site - Reviews collection, Sheet music, and etc.
Anime reviews/blog, piano arrangements, Studio Ghibli..
Theowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 16:41   Link #2088
HitagiIsHot
Ushio... omochikaeri!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpwong View Post
You're right. For some reason, I was thinking they were going to play other baseball matches even though they are not in the spring Koshien. I don't know why, but that's what happens when you try to post something that makes sense at 3AM.
HitagiIsHot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-10, 18:44   Link #2089
Nosauz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theowne View Post
Watching the episode late again....Anyways, not bad, especially for what is apparently anime original material. I guess it is sort of alarming that there's only 15 episodes left. But, I'm sure the team won't disappoint..
adachi is almost done. If the current game in the manga is the final game I can expect the manga to end in 10-12 chapters. Although at this point if he wrote another 120 I would probably read it all.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 03:44   Link #2090
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Not having internet for the last 5 days meant only now will I be able to watch this rather than 4 days ago.

The wait was EXCRUCIATING.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-11, 09:17   Link #2091
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 View Post
Not having internet for the last 5 days meant only now will I be able to watch this rather than 4 days ago.

The wait was EXCRUCIATING.
But just think, now you have to wait 5 less days to see the next one
Old 2009-12-11, 21:21   Link #2092
Free
Pro Procrastinator
*Fansubber

Now that all the calendars are given out, and Cross Game Quiz has ended, the next 2 episodes will apparently feature a special xmas version of the Nomo Drawing Song. o:
Old 2009-12-11, 21:52   Link #2093
DeX-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by Free View Post
Now that all the calendars are given out, and Cross Game Quiz has ended, the next 2 episodes will apparently feature a special xmas version of the Nomo Drawing Song. o:
I can't wait now, Nomo with a Christmas hat

"Aishiteru ~ I Love You"
Old 2009-12-12, 09:59   Link #2094
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Realized I haven't posted anything about episode 36 yet.

Azuma needs to stop spouting awesome advice, or at least let Kou say or do something more awesome to mellow it out. This episode gives Kou the chance at a role reversal, and as Akane elicits from him it's his turn to be all tsun.

We finally get an episode for Aoba to let the rest of the country knpw just how good she is. Thing is... is it just me or do some of the other attendess look like men?

If there's one thing that's really similar about the Shimanos, it's that they care too much about getting noticed in comparison to other players in the field. They may be good but once they start getting out-starred they begin to lose compsure and balance as they end up focusing more on out-playing the other guy as opposed to... well playing.

It was kind of expected actually that female Shimano will face off against Aoba, but hey will all know by now that it would simply be semi-dejavu. Kou shuts out the male Shimano, and we expected Aoba to do the same for female Shimano. It just really, really fucking sucks donkey scrotum that her injury would prevent her from continuing the tryouts and making the national team. Clearly enough by Kou and Azuma's horrified faces that they feel terrible for her.

Best scenes would be... well uh the preview actually. First time in a while that I'm absolutely freaking excited for the next episode and complaining that the studio isn't able to break the laws of physics and give me episode 37 like 10 minutes ago. Damn you Newton!

But what was really sweet about the preview was that yes god yes it seems we'll be getting some really meaty AobaxKou development. Personally, nothing fleshes out relationships as well as a good tragedy.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 00:02   Link #2095
poko-kun

Spoiler for 37:

PS. Seeing Nomo's drawing made me think if I am a target of this show? lol

Last edited by poko-kun; 2009-12-13 at 00:31.
poko-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 03:15   Link #2096
Nosauz

Azuma is such a devilsh bastard... he's one wing man that I would not want.
Nosauz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 06:56   Link #2097
jpwong

Quote:
Originally Posted by poko-kun View Post
PS. Seeing Nomo's drawing made me think if I am a target of this show? lol
I thought we were going to get an entirely new drawing, but there were only minor cosmetic differences at the start and end
jpwong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 21:47   Link #2098
LusterFlare
Lost.

Subs for 37 are out.
Yay for the sleeping scene . Junpei's proposal to Ichiyo was fun too watch too.
LusterFlare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-13, 23:33   Link #2099
Sackett
Cross Game - I need more

Location: I've moved around the American West. I've lived in Oregon, Washington, Utah, and Oklahoma
Quote:
Originally Posted by LusterFlare View Post
Subs for 37 are out.
Yay for the sleeping scene . Junpei's proposal to Ichiyo was fun too watch too.
Ichiyo's face said it all: "What is he doing... no, he isn't is he? He is- and he's completely ruining it!" And then it just kept getting worse, and you could see poor Ichiyo's dreams of a romantic proposal dying in front of you like a slow motion car crash, with the hope and fear in her eyes slowly changing to confused horror: "Is this baka really the man I'm going to marry? Yes... Yes he is."

Junpei did manage to salvage something at the end, but boy is she going to make him pay for such a cheesy proposal.

And Akaishi... what are you doing you idiot?!

You poor sweet, lovable, loyal, baka- let Kou manage his own romance, stop pushing him. Well... warning Azuma off Aoba, okay fine, but you can't push a guy at two different girls at the same time. Akaishi!!

Kou's wingmen are really giving him a hard time aren't they.

Cross Game - A Story of Love, Life, Death - and Baseball. What more could you want?
Sackett is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-12-14, 00:25   Link #2100
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Spoiler for 37:
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
baseball, drama, romance, school life, shounen, sports