AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Another

Notices

View Poll Results: Another - Episode 4 Rating
Perfect 10 20 30.77%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 23 35.38%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 17 26.15%
7 out of 10 : Good 4 6.15%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 1.54%
Voters: 65. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2012-02-01, 14:44   Link #41
Jimmy C

In any other country, a class with such a reputation for misfortune would be "erased" already. No students or teachers assigned to that class and the classroom doors locked.
Old 2012-02-01, 15:01   Link #42
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
In any other country, a class with such a reputation for misfortune would be "erased" already. No students or teachers assigned to that class and the classroom doors locked.
Except it doesn't have such a bad reputation,nothing hapened the previous year for exemple.
Old 2012-02-01, 20:16   Link #43
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Agreed.

Well, I think in real world Japan it might have been shut down there as well.

But this doesn't bother me since you need at least a couple off-kilter elements to make most good horror shows work. Another is certainly a lot easier to swallow than some of the cheesier horror movies I've seen.
Old 2012-02-01, 20:48   Link #44
sa547
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Manju Bun View Post
Aside from the scratching off of dead students can we do something for students who's family dies? Obviously Im gonna remember the nurse but can we mark her brother somehow so I remember what student it effected?
Here, courtesy of me and Arya:
Spoiler for Fatality Scoreboard (as of Episode 4):

Reminds you of Battle Royale, eh? We'll be updating the board as the show progresses.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:48   Link #45
Jimmy C

There's a pointer over miss Countermeasure's mug on the seating diagram. However, I recall the version of the seating diagram without the standing portraits doesn't have it.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:56   Link #46
sa547
*Author

Quote:
There's a pointer over miss Countermeasure's mug on the seating diagram. However, I recall the version of the seating diagram without the standing portraits doesn't have it.
Been a mistake with the screencap program, as it inadvertently included the pointers. Will edit it out the next time.
Old 2012-02-01, 21:59   Link #47
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Oooo that works nicely. and thank for adding Mei's cousin Id forgotten about her.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2012-02-01, 22:06   Link #48
Jimmy C

Speaking of Mei's cousin, I had a thought when rewatching ep4 just now. When the voicerovers talk at the beginning of the ep, they talk as if Yukari's death is the first one connected to the curse. If that's the case, why doesn't Fujioka's death count? Is it:

1. Everyone tries to pretend it isn't part of the curse until a student of 3-3 actually dies.
2. There's no Misaki Mei in class 3-3, so Fujioka's death doesn't count.
Old 2012-02-01, 22:56   Link #49
taichi-kun

Poor nurse, she and kouichi had a lot in common T.T
Old 2012-02-02, 01:08   Link #50
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Speaking of Mei's cousin, I had a thought when rewatching ep4 just now. When the voicerovers talk at the beginning of the ep, they talk as if Yukari's death is the first one connected to the curse. If that's the case, why doesn't Fujioka's death count? Is it:

1. Everyone tries to pretend it isn't part of the curse until a student of 3-3 actually dies.
2. There's no Misaki Mei in class 3-3, so Fujioka's death doesn't count.
Yeah, you'd think that the cousin is also a victim. If so, then the broken rule incident occured before Kouichi met Mei. Maybe they don't count it because they think that Mei is a manisfestation of the curse.
Old 2012-02-02, 01:18   Link #51
sa547
*Author

Okay, I got the scoreboard fixed now:

Also a PSD copy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c17224fkmth2gys
Old 2012-02-02, 07:53   Link #52
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Yeah, you'd think that the cousin is also a victim. If so, then the broken rule incident occured before Kouichi met Mei. Maybe they don't count it because they think that Mei is a manisfestation of the curse.
Is there some evidence that the class know about Mei's cousin death? Because it could be that no one but Kouichi knew about that. And it would be mean that they are guessing new countermeasures on the wrong basis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa547 View Post
Okay, I got the scoreboard fixed now:

Also a PSD copy:
http://www.mediafire.com/?c17224fkmth2gys
excellent!!

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:28   Link #53
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arya View Post
Is there some evidence that the class know about Mei's cousin death?
Early in the episode, although they didn't mention the cousin directly, the class did talk about how the curse might have started with "that other death" in April rather than with the umbrella impaling. Since the only death in April that we know about is the cousin's, we're assuming that's whom they're referring to.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Old 2012-02-02, 08:48   Link #54
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Early in the episode, although they didn't mention the cousin directly, the class did talk about how the curse might have started with "that other death" in April rather than with the umbrella impaling. Since the only death in April that we know about is the cousin's, we're assuming that's whom they're referring to.
Uff, I really have to watch each episode twice. Thanks.

The meaning of things lies not in the things themselves, but in our attitude towards them.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:54   Link #55
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squarecrow View Post
Objects fall at the same rate in a vacuum.

In air it really depends. Two objects with the same shape and thus same aerodynamics, the denser (heavier) object will fall faster. Of course, she and the elevator don't have the same shape. She might hit the top of the elevator when it drops but she's definitely going to splatter against the floor of it when it crashes.
Actually, this is something i wondered about in the past. Because what this mainly boils down to is the resistance of the air pressure against the weight... so the lighter the object, the greater the air pressure resistance on smaller weight.... hence the object is falling slowlier.

BUT!!!! A human body inside the elevator is not exposed to any flow of air during the fall, unlike the elevator. You have to remember, that the elevator is not falling from free sky but in narrow and tight shaft, which means that the air the falling elevator pushes downwards doesnt have the room to escape sideways and the resistance increases significantly. At the same time, the object inside the elevator (= the nurse) is falling in an inclosed space = she is falling together with the air enclosed inside the elevator. Her speed of decent is NOT decelarated by any air presure resistance.
I am not a physist and I cannot calculate, what the terminal speed of objetcs would be.... nor can I predict if the elevator would be falling faster or slower than the nurse. I know for sure though that due to the innertia force the nurse would probably separate from the elevator floor, but I doubt that her speed would be so much smaller that she would hit the ceiling...

So this is what I think would happen. Innitially due to innertia, you would separate from the floor and float during the fall. But I suspect that your own terminal velocity would be higher than that of the elevator, because you are not exposed to air rsistance while the elevator is... so slowly you would come back into the contact with the floor. But the question is, how many floors would the building have to have in order for that to happen? I have no idea, I just think that 7 floors might not be enough.

Last edited by warita; 2012-02-02 at 09:07.
Old 2012-02-02, 08:59   Link #56
djmaca
My Girl ↓

@warita

But professor, the shaft of elevators nowadays are riddled with air shafts, and the elevator itself is smaller than shaft so air inside isn't a problem. If one falls through, there isn't any air resistance met.
Old 2012-02-02, 09:10   Link #57
warita
Dai-Youkai

Quote:
Originally Posted by djmaca View Post
@warita

But professor, the shaft of elevators nowadays are riddled with air shafts, and the elevator itself is smaller than shaft so air inside isn't a problem. If one falls through, there isn't any air resistance met.
Ok, point aknowledged. Nevertheless there is still the resistance of air just as if the elevator was falling frm the sky, while the body inside the elevator is not exposed to it.

Also, think of how an approaching subway pushes the air out of the tunnel.... thats some wind speed there :P
Old 2012-02-02, 09:55   Link #58
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by LKK View Post
Can you tell me exactly where?I've looked and can't find it,on the contrary the classmates have this discussion just before Kouichi walks in class:

"There are two possiblities.It's not happening this year,and Yukari's death was just a coincidence.Either that or it started in May."

Doesn't seem to me that it starting in april is an option to them.
Old 2012-02-02, 10:28   Link #59
Arya

Quote:
Originally Posted by warita View Post
Actually, this is something i wondered about in the past. Because what this mainly boils down to is the resistance of the air pressure against the weight... so the lighter the object, the greater the air pressure resistance on smaller weight.... hence the object is falling slowlier.

BUT!!!! A human body inside the elevator is not exposed to any flow of air during the fall, unlike the elevator. You have to remember, that the elevator is not falling from free sky but in narrow and tight shaft, which means that the air the falling elevator pushes downwards doesnt have the room to escape sideways and the resistance increases significantly. At the same time, the object inside the elevator (= the nurse) is falling in an inclosed space = she is falling together with the air enclosed inside the elevator. Her speed of decent is NOT decelarated by any air presure resistance.
I am not a physist and I cannot calculate, what the terminal speed of objetcs would be.... nor can I predict if the elevator would be falling faster or slower than the nurse. I know for sure though that due to the innertia force the nurse would probably separate from the elevator floor, but I doubt that her speed would be so much smaller that she would hit the ceiling...

So this is what I think would happen. Innitially due to innertia, you would separate from the floor and float during the fall. But I suspect that your own terminal velocity would be higher than that of the elevator, because you are not exposed to air rsistance while the elevator is... so slowly you would come back into the contact with the floor. But the question is, how many floors would the building have to have in order for that to happen? I have no idea, I just think that 7 floors might not be enough.
mmm, the first problem I see is that the elevator and the nurse start their fall at 0 speed. Speed that increase due to the gravity. But they both are submitted to the same acceleration. So in case there is some different in speed due to the air's resistance I'd say it were minimal. Anyways in the opposite way, I mean, if we assume that the nurse has less resistance her acceleration speed should be higher than the lift's, as you stated. So she would have always her feet on the lift ground and never float.
For a more scientific source, in zero-gravity simulations the aircraft must climb at a steep angle, level off, and then dive **. The Zero-G happens when the plane level off. So The floating to occur needs the carrier (airplane or elevator) to fly from down to up and not from up to down.

** quoted after googling.

Last edited by Arya; 2012-02-02 at 10:33. Reason: The acceleration is costant
Old 2012-02-02, 11:59   Link #60
LKK

Quote:
Originally Posted by totoum View Post
Can you tell me exactly where?I've looked and can't find it,on the contrary the classmates have this discussion just before Kouichi walks in class:

"There are two possiblities.It's not happening this year,and Yukari's death was just a coincidence.Either that or it started in May."

Doesn't seem to me that it starting in april is an option to them.
You're right. I watched the scene again and realized I had my timeline wrong. They weren't talking about Mei's cousin like I originally and incorrectly thought.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
Closed Thread