AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-01-23, 09:11   Link #1
caddyalan

Quartett! Littlewitch VN, now with English translation

Astcd2 has released an English translation patch for Littlewitch's adult visual novel Quartett!

As the translator says at http://charlotte.is.moelicious.be , a small number of images and menus are still untranslated. But the patch will be compatible with the CD-ROM and DVD-ROM versions of the game.

Quartett! is the story of several classical musicians in a modern day setting. Its visual style is similar to an interactive comic book -- there are dialogue bubbles, and the characters do not seem to have the sort of standard poses seen in many visual novels. There is adult content, but it can be considered "plot with H".
caddyalan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 01:03   Link #2
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

And Quartett is also a really great unique short game. I definitely recommend anyone who's looking for something different to play this VN.
Old 2011-01-25, 09:14   Link #3
luckyovermind
hungry~

And music is fantastic!
Old 2011-01-25, 12:38   Link #4
Nihokon

Finally, after years of waiting. I'm trying to get my hands on this game right now.
Nihokon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-25, 12:53   Link #5
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Would just like to ask if the patch is for the Standard ed or the Limited ed.

Edit - Scratch that the patch says you need to use an update in case you have the 2004 version to make it compatible. Looks good since I won't have problems if I can only get the CD version.
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-01-26, 06:01   Link #6
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

Yeah, it's easy to upgrade your install you made with the CD edition. Takes like less than a minute and it's explained properly in the english readme. You can use whichever edition you want.
Old 2011-01-26, 09:40   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

After sampling some of the OST I have also decided I should own it as well. Too bad with Littlewitch having closed down years back that would be nearly impossible. The original 2004 CD versions I managed to track down and order but the OST... darn.

Well I did manage to get the Clannad and Planetarian OSTs so I might get lucky.
Old 2011-01-26, 09:44   Link #8
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

This question will save me a lot of trouble. Does anyone know any sites that are still selling the game?
Old 2011-01-26, 09:58   Link #9
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

ErogeShop has it out of stock now and J-list no longer lists them, and if they don't have it chances are you won't find it anywhere else...

Anyway I just found out the copy I tracked down belongs to Paletteweb and, get this, it's priced at a mutherfacking $180 and it's their last copy. God facking damn. I finally get a chance to play a LittleWitch game and the neat game engine they famously use and it's the price of three PS3 games. You could actually buy the PS3 version for about 20 bucks but...

Blargh. Looks like I'll be going back to my friend who gets my copies of Umineko for me and see what he can do. The game is apparently rare now. Until then it's going to be DLing from... questionable places for the mean time. Sigh.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:02   Link #10
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

I really don't want to download the game, though if that's my only way of playing the game, i might just have to do so.
Old 2011-01-26, 10:08   Link #11
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Well the company did go under so it's practically a collector's item. I am however told that the game is hella worth it, some consider it the best LittleWith made, and even if only for the really distinct style the engine is capable of that, art and presentation wise, makes it unlike majority of VNs made.
Old 2011-01-27, 06:15   Link #12
izmosmolnar
At the end of this world

It's on amazon jp and other shops. See Yahoo product search (Amazon has used ones on sale for 2600 yen already, and there are auctions now for 1500-2000) or alternatively shops like DMM. You gotta use middleman or courier or a friend living in japan though to order.
Relentless wrote a nice guide if you aren't familiar with their usage here.
If you want to be more direct, well.... Paletweb has a copy and they do offer worldwide delivery no problem, but "Price $174.99". It's up to you.
Old 2011-01-27, 06:29   Link #13
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

I have bad experiences with Amazon jp, and Amazon in general actually, which is mostly due to the ridiculous local electronics import laws and the sucky package systems we have here. My brother has a middleman for the more hard to get stuff he gets from Japan and he says in the end unless the stuff you're getting has an established import base, you're going to be paying out of your ass for stuff. So, considering all above factors, the only realistic way I can ever own one legally is through a specific functioning importer or through my contacts.

In other words hella expensive. Damn. Well anyway I'm still hunting a legal copy to own while I've already torrented this.

Kind of sad really. All we get legally translated are the crappy sexfests while only sometimes a real jewel in the rough comes out (Family Project, Yume Miru Kusuri etc.) or you still need a fan translation (Clannad, Planetarian). I could easily say that with what I've played of Charlotte's route, this would be a game I'd gladly import and play in Japanese.
Old 2011-01-28, 02:30   Link #14
luckyovermind
hungry~

$180 is a bit too much I'd say, seeing that the game is reasonably short.

If you don't mind playing it in Japanese, you could consider getting the PS2 version as it has talented voice actors to play it out. You need your PS2 console tweaked for japanese disk though.