Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-10-03, 16:43   Link #81
Vash002
Ready to Boast

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrProphet View Post
PS: The phrase "It's lonely to be alone" was EPIC! It almost rivals undisputed anime gems like "You die when you are killed". 8)
Shirou: "People die if they are killed"

Well, it's the first episode, need to watch more to say something about this anime
Vash002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 16:45   Link #82
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Ep 1 was really good. It may be a little confusing if you don't know what the story is about though.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 16:51   Link #83
cyth
Banned

Obviously you have to convey such lines in English so they make sense. Japanese are not to blame here, but weak editors and poor understanding of the language are. Hitori could literally mean "one person" as describing a state, not one's circumstances.
cyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 16:57   Link #84
MrProphet
The Commissar Vanishes

Send a message via ICQ to MrProphet
«It's lonely when you are one person» doesn't sound any less ridiculous. 8)
MrProphet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:14   Link #85
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Looking at screenshots now, and this is looking as impressive as i thought --- as people have said, expected from Gonzo.

Can't wait to watch this once soon, and to hear lovely Fukui Yukari ED.
Old 2007-10-03, 17:32   Link #86
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
Lawl...epix line XD

But it does make more sense if you think it as: "being by yourself (one's self) is lonely" (though i personally dont see any problem with the first translation of the line - not nearly as bad as shirou's XD)

ep 1 -
Spoiler:

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Deathkillz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 17:40   Link #87
Slice of Life
eyewitness

... breasts ...

Ahem. Looks like shounen level 2 of 3. And since it's Gonzio I rather don't expect a riveting story line with a clear focus. But since my schedule this season is not too cramped I'll follow it for a few more eps.
Old 2007-10-03, 21:04   Link #88
Omniscient

I don't see where some of this negativity is coming from, but I thought the first episode was really good (especially in comparison to the rest of the season so far). It didn't grab me as much as the first episode of R X J did, but I found it a better start than some of GONZO's other recent series, and given the fact that Wednesdays are relatively light, I think I'll stick with it.
Omniscient is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-03, 23:36   Link #89
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Spoiler for Episode 1 thoughts:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 00:05   Link #90
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shouta View Post
2ch also won't shut up about a lot of stuff.
HAIYOOOOOOO HAHAHAH! What's That Ed? Good One Johnny!
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 00:58   Link #91
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Not my thing. To me, it seemed pointless and stupid, with a lack of real emotion obscured by a glossy visual surface. It's quite a trick to have someone lose so much and manage to remove all emotion from the situation. I found the music generally distracting and ridiculous. And the huge boobs were just silly. But I admit I'm not a shounen fan, and found even Code Geass uninteresting. I did like Darker than Black, though, if that qualifies.

I though the voice-acting was good, especially from Ono Daisuke as Jin. Mizuki Nana only had two words as the disgusted ojou-sama, but she made them count. Sawashiro Miyuki was good teasing Kazuki in the car, and Gotou Yuuko gave us an entirely new and quite effective voice telling her she was being vulgar. The final scene worked much better for me in the preview than in the real anime. I liked Chihara Minori as Toa when I heard her in the preview, but she didn't reach me in the real thing.

I'll look at the next couple of episodes to give myself a chance to understand what's good about this show, and to listen to Hirano Aya. If that was Garnet in the stiletto heels, I'm amazed yet again. In her blog today, Aya said how much she liked playing her role. She expressed more love for this show than she ever did for Lucky Star, actually.

So far this year, of what I've seen, I like Blue Drop for intelligence, feeling, and drama, but there is yuri in the future there, so that alone means it won't be everyone's cup of tea. So far, I might describe that show as a shoujo science fiction drama.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-04 at 01:29.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 01:25   Link #92
Wavedash
Mayo on everything

I am not a big fan of Uno Makoto's character designs and was somewhat dismayed to see the characteristic "boin" females Uno draws so much. That aside, I was reasonably interested to see the rest of the episode if not excited.

It was somewhat unusual though to see our protagonist being the (probably) only survivor of the shuttle accident. First off, he was belted in...and even if he were somehow lucky enough to be thrown free of the explosion, why would he be separated from his seat? Those things are meant to stay on through any sudden change in momentum. Perhaps I'm analyzing too much, or I've accidentally stumbled upon some future plot point they will revisit regarding how special he is (I can only hope!)
Wavedash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-10-04, 01:33   Link #93
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Yes, for people who aren't fans of Shounen/Mecha(?)/Action series this is probably going to come down to a "I don't care much for the genre, but want to keep watching it for the out of place voice actors". Gonzo if anything is very devious with the casting of this series, they've got the Shounen crowd sewed up more than likely with the trailers and first episode and have cast a set of Seiyuu almost exclusively identified with the Moe Otaku Crowd Series. Whatever, looking at the shots I'm more than interested in checking out the series.

I also really hope things don't descend into a battle between peoples thoughts about the series itself, and whether people get to hear enough of their favourite Haruhi cast members or not. Though I can easily see it happening

As for the 2ch complaining, which I only quipped a one liner about before, I can only assume it has something to do with the Seiyuu camps not feeling the show is doing their Haruhi cast members justice or something. Maybe Gonzo oughta get Aya Hirano to start promoting the series on her blog if they want 2ch to simmer down and shut it and just choose to watch the show or not. I can't believe there's an entire forum of people just like me that like to bitch. It's creepy.

And as Omni said, in the grand scheme of the season thus far, Dragonaut is the only series that stands out so far, if not for the simple fact that it's like the only series that has aired so far that confirms the exists of a proportional population of men in relation to it's female cast.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-10-04 at 02:23.
Old 2007-10-04, 01:59   Link #94
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post
...see previous post...
Some good points, but don't lump me in with any KyoAni partisans. If you read my post rather than going off on your own hobby horses -- without having even seen the show -- you'd see I liked some of the KyoAni seiyuu and not others, and particularly liked a couple who had nothing to do with KyoAni.

I don't "hate" the genre, either, as I tried to demonstrate by mentioning Darker than Black, which is at least related to shounen action. But I was honest about how I felt. I really just don't get it and I want to. If there are any battles, I won't be involved. If I come to like the show, I'll stay. But if I don't like it, there's no point posting any more. This was just an honest first impression of a new show.

One thing is true, however, I'll probably stick with this show much longer because of the seiyuu than I would otherwise. Crafty, lol.

By the way, I think "2channel" hates Aya. I don't expect any mass movements demanding more screen time. But she has already started pushing this show in a way she never did Lucky Star. I think she much prefers her role here. She apparently likes reading shounen action mangas herself.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.

Last edited by Kaoru Chujo; 2007-10-04 at 02:30.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:11   Link #95
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo View Post
Don't lump me in with any KyoAni partisans. If you read my post rather than going off on your own hobby horses -- without having even seen the show -- you'd see I liked some of the KyoAni seiyuu and not others, and particularly liked a couple who had nothing to do with KyoAni.

I don't "hate" the genre, either, as I tried to demonstrate by mentioning Darker than Black, which is at least related to shounen action. But I was honest about how I felt. I really just don't get it and I want to. If there are any battles, I won't be involved. If I come to like the show, I'll stay. But if I don't like it, there's no point posting any more. This was just an honest first impression of a new show.

One thing is true, however, I'll probably stick with this show much longer because of the seiyuu than I would otherwise. Crafty, lol.
Relax, I'm just talking about in general, don't feel so threatened. How about this, I'll remove the quote to avoid further confusion or mixed messages. I like to use some quotes as a touching off points for larger thoughts and forget that some people might take them personally. Sorry about that. No pressure, no pressure.....

The trick though is that the seiyuu don't belong to any particular studio (besides their affiliations with talent agencies), but have become identified with a hit show, and Gonzo has taken full advantage of this. I think it's a bit of a misnomer to identify these people with Kyoani. Besides isn't Nana Mizuki more or less identified with Nanoha as Fate Testarossa? That's why I prefered to use the terms Moe Otaku Series as a catch all term instead of anything specific, as that wouldn't reflect the bigger picture.

Last edited by Kaioshin Sama; 2007-10-04 at 02:22.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:36   Link #96
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...How about this, I'll remove the quote to avoid further confusion or mixed messages. I like to use some quotes as a touching off points for larger thoughts and forget that some people might take them personally....
Good solution. I edited my message to add two things: one, that you make some good general points.

And two, that 2channel as a self-identified body hates Hirano Aya, in my opinion. I don't expect any mass movements demanding more screen time. But she has already started pushing this show in a way she never did Lucky Star. I think she much prefers her role here. She apparently likes reading shounen action mangas herself.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:38   Link #97
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
HAIYOOOOOOO HAHAHAH! What's That Ed? Good One Johnny!
Thank you, thank you! I'll be here all night! ('cause I'm getting this stupid thing ready to encode >_>)
Old 2007-10-04, 02:44   Link #98
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Quote:
Good solution. I edited my message to add two things: one, that you make some good general points.

And two, that 2channel as a self-identified body hates Hirano Aya, in my opinion. I don't expect any mass movements demanding more screen time. But she has already started pushing this show in a way she never did Lucky Star. I think she much prefers her role here. She apparently likes reading shounen action mangas herself.
I think she's probably just glad she finally get's to escape being typecast again. I actually had her pegged as doing the goth loli to be perfectly honest, didn't think she'd turn out to be the Pam Anderson character. Now I guess that leaves Nana Mizuki as the cocky looking goth loli (Jaqueline if my Katakana is correct). I have a feeling I'll be liking this character and hope she plays a big role.
Old 2007-10-04, 02:54   Link #99
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Yeah, it's Jacequeline. She's the "loli" of the cast I guess but she really doesn't look like it except when compared to the rest of the cast.
Old 2007-10-04, 05:08   Link #100
mugener

Quote:
She expressed more love for this show than she ever did for Lucky Star, actually.
Did Aya said this by herself?

Or this is just your imagnation?
mugener is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
action, ecchi, romance, sci-fi