AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Lucky Star

Notices

Old 2007-05-06, 00:18   Link #61
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama View Post

What The Frigging WHAAAAAAAAA?! So it can work in reverse afterall, that is to say, the meme circles back to eat its own tail by intruding on Lucky Star's territory.
The music is Bokurano's OP, which is a very nice song but... it feels as though the person just randomly stringed several scenes together without giving a thought to apply a theme or even try to apply the scenes to the lyrics in the song.

Bokurano is a rather bleak and gloomy psychological anime. If he had satire the OP with ironical scenes from Lucky Star, it might have been a winner, but alas... wasted potential.

Natch.
Old 2007-05-06, 09:54   Link #62
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

Actually, I loved that Bokurano parody. Sure I'm a bit biased as I think Uninstall is the best OP for the season, but if you look closely Skane, they followed closely the original OP. That is...

Uninstall - Logo for both
Ano toki.. - Landscape of the city, though to be fair we don't see Konatas back but...
Bokura no... - We get a close up of the robot, but now we have a closeup of Konata looking at the raining landscape from the previous scene (ano toki...)
Mimi wo Fusaidemo... - People walking
Hosoi karada... - Close ups of the main characters
Unintall Uninstall - Robot shooting missiles, LS having VF match
Kono Hoshi... - Original has someone running, but we have Miyuki walking. Would've been better IMO if they chose the scene that had Kona running
Inochi no... - A girl opening a van door, Kagami opening a classroom door
Hitotsu da to.. - Original has person walking and looking over his shoulder, switch to another person looking back, then a girl watching the rain. LS has Akari closing the door, Miyuki looking back after turining the light off, then three of them walking. Admittedly a poor transition.
Uninstall - Girl walking through a road(??), girls walking through a train entrance
Osore wo Shiranai.. - Another bad transition. Its just the three girls in the train, when the original has two peoples backs to the screen (though to be fair, they're probably talking as well)
Senshi no.. till end - Original has more close ups of the other main characters. LS has more closeups of the gang.

Admittedly, the bad transitions are just due to the lack of LS screens to match the original, which is obvious since its after 'Inochi no..' that the creator was having problems. It should'nt be a problem once the series is over, assuming the creator is willing to make a version2.

That said, it still gave the feeling of the original OP. That sure, there's some action involved, but most of it was just the main characters doing every day stuff. I mean, whoever sees Bokurano's OP would never think its a psychological drama/thriller. XD

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 10:15   Link #63
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Well, as I said, I like the song, but a song alone does not an AMV make. Matching scenes is one thing, but most people fail to capture/match the mood. More so in this case, since the themes of Lucky Star are virtually polar opposites of Bokurano's.

Even if it was meant to be satire, it would still fail, because there was no sense of irony in it. Hence my comment about wasted potential.

To put it one way, the AMV is better if I just close my eyes and listen to the song.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-06, 12:10   Link #64
Riker
Peek a boo
*Graphic Designer

Higurashi ☆ Star

http://nicopon.jp/video/player/sm246889
Riker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 13:24   Link #65
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
Well, as I said, I like the song, but a song alone does not an AMV make. Matching scenes is one thing, but most people fail to capture/match the mood. More so in this case, since the themes of Lucky Star are virtually polar opposites of Bokurano's.

Even if it was meant to be satire, it would still fail, because there was no sense of irony in it. Hence my comment about wasted potential.

To put it one way, the AMV is better if I just close my eyes and listen to the song.

Cheers.
A lot of people seem to do these polar opposite things now that I think of it actually. This one Hokuto No Ken video with Hare Hare Yukai played over it, did not work. Maybe some people think they can plug square pegs into circular holes, I'm not sure. I think the song here matches the flow of the scenes for the first 30 or so seconds and then the footage just can't fit anymore. Not that the depressing theme of Bokurano's opening fits the theme of Lucky Star from the get go. I think if one were to watch that for the first time without ever knowing the true opening to either show they would know something is amiss. I think the person who did it deserves an E for effort. At least he didn't just try to overlap the song with the dancing opening like some others, he actually compiled some clips and I've tried this and it takes a lot of time.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 13:31   Link #66
Sun-Ku

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post

Priceless
Old 2007-05-06, 17:04   Link #67
lyric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracil View Post
I couldnt believe what I saw at the very end of this version...OMG OMG
Passerby must think he is insane... I really admire his courage.
lyric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 21:16   Link #68
DragoonKain3
Osana-Najimi Shipper

@skane
I might hazard a guess that you can't see the forest for the trees.

Think about it; let's compare the Bokurano OP LS style to any of the AMVs that parody the LS OP using other series' characters (or even RL people). For simplicity's sake, let's take the AMV where they use Rockman characters. What was the creator of the Rockman AMV doing the SHnY ED/LS OP dance steps trying to do? Was he trying to show the underlying themes of Rockman in the AMV? Was he doing a satire by showing some sort of irony between the two?

No, he was just making an AMV that imitates what is being shown in the SHnY ED/LS OP by using Rockman characters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Same thing with the Bokuran OP, LS style.

The creator was just making an AMV that imitates what is being shown in the Bokurano OP by using Lucky Star characters. Nothing more, nothing less.

I really think you're thinking too much into this by trying to find a deeper meaning to the AMV when there really is none. That Bokurano OP AMV is really just a parody; they really weren't trying to do something with it. As someone wise has said before, 'Sometimes a boot is just a boot.'

Yes its YOU childhood friend - source of BERZERKER RAGE since forever
Childhood Friend couple STATISTICS(spoilers abound though)
DragoonKain3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-06, 21:34   Link #69
Skane
Anime Snark

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoonKain3 View Post
@skane
I might hazard a guess that you can't see the forest for the trees.

Think about it; let's compare the Bokurano OP LS style to any of the AMVs that parody the LS OP using other series' characters (or even RL people). For simplicity's sake, let's take the AMV where they use Rockman characters. What was the creator of the Rockman AMV doing the SHnY ED/LS OP dance steps trying to do? Was he trying to show the underlying themes of Rockman in the AMV? Was he doing a satire by showing some sort of irony between the two?

No, he was just making an AMV that imitates what is being shown in the SHnY ED/LS OP by using Rockman characters. Nothing more, nothing less.

Same thing with the Bokuran OP, LS style.

The creator was just making an AMV that imitates what is being shown in the Bokurano OP by using Lucky Star characters. Nothing more, nothing less.

I really think you're thinking too much into this by trying to find a deeper meaning to the AMV when there really is none. That Bokurano OP AMV is really just a parody; they really weren't trying to do something with it. As someone wise has said before, 'Sometimes a boot is just a boot.'
The Rockman AMV was a straight out parody using elements FROM Rockman, set to the Midi-beat of LS' OP.

He did not use the original score, but retained the spirit of Rockman by using a Midi-theme; and he succeeded in faithfully recapturing the elements of the LS' OP in his AMV, something that this Bokurano AMV failed to do (in terms of recapturing the elements of Bokurano).

If one has watched both OPs, then that one can immediately associate the Rockman AMV with LS with ease. The mood is there. If one then watches the Bokurano AMV, it will fall flat, because there is nothing Bokurano-ish about it (aside from the song), NOR LS-ish (in terms of mood/essence). It FAILS on both accounts.

To use back your line, sometimes a failure is just that. A failure.

It has nothing to do about finding a deeper meaning. If I wanted "deep" AMVs, I wouldn't be watching parody AMVs for it. AnimeMusicVideos has a very nice selection of "deep", or rather, "serious-themed" AMVs.

Cheers.
Old 2007-05-06, 22:15   Link #70
Vallen Chaos Valiant
Logician and Romantic

How about some Tai-Bo?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T40jP...elated&search=
Old 2007-05-06, 23:19   Link #71
MrZombie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riker View Post
Win! Love the fact that Keichi had to be a cheerleader in a penalty game outfit.
MrZombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 07:37   Link #72
iamandragon
Martian diplomat

Send a message via ICQ to iamandragon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skane View Post
"GATTAI!"

Cheers.
If we can get rid of the top right one this'll be P-E-R-F-E-C-T
iamandragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 12:13   Link #73
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Damn. Now this wins

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EiWOSGVk-zI
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 12:39   Link #74
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Shabaz View Post
That was so absurdly random... in a good way.

Is Tsukasa the new Osaka??

CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 12:40   Link #75
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Send a message via AIM to DJ_RockmanX Send a message via MSN to DJ_RockmanX
Quote:
Jesus. That's all I have to say.

DJ_RockmanX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 12:43   Link #76
KK1412
JOEY! WHERE'S MY COFFEE!?

A JAPANESE MICHAEL JACKSON!!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mALn7...elated&search=

ehh if your a guy you might wanna cover your eyes at 00:45 or somewhere in the 40....
KK1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-07, 12:53   Link #77
Michael Hopcroft
Embarrassed!

Send a message via AIM to Michael Hopcroft
Quote:
Tsukasa-chan needs to stop going to all those raves.
Old 2007-05-08, 02:00   Link #78
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kbmoHMiqiI

First incarnation of a Lucky Star/Nursery Rhyme mashup. Not too shabby.

Last edited by DJ_RockmanX; 2007-05-08 at 03:08.
Old 2007-05-08, 12:13   Link #79
Mr. Shabaz
Lazy Member

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Shabaz
Quote:
Originally Posted by random_passerby View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1kbmoHMiqiI

First incarnation of a Lucky Star/Nursery Rhyme mashup. Not too shabby.
Pretty cool, although I prefered the Code Geass version
Mr. Shabaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-05-08, 12:17   Link #80
DJ_RockmanX
性転換 団長

Quote:
Pretty cool, although I prefered the Code Geass version
That's because the CG version was the most damn convincing thing you might ever see.

Still, this one ain't too bad for it being L*S.