AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hidan no Aria

Notices

Old 2011-04-30, 20:04   Link #1841
relentlessflame

*Administrator

Guys, just stop.
  1. If someone posts an image that no one would know is a spoiler unless you point it out, don't point it out!
  2. When someone speculates about something and happens to guess correctly, don't tell them to add a spoiler tag! WTF...
  3. Half of the posts here are so vapid that this might as well be IRC. This is not a chat room!
The first two items in particular are just so face-palm worthy that I can't believe I have to explain it. Posting an image or speculation is not a spoiler; confirming it's a spoiler gives it away! Some novel readers are about to get a serious timeout from this forum for this stupidity, as you're ruining the show for people.

P.S. Also, if someone mentions or confirms a spoiler, don't have a one page conversation about it, like "oh you shouldn't have posted that" or "I don't see why that's a spoiler" or "someone confirming it is the real spoiler". You're just increasing the odds that people will notice it and figure it out! Please just report it and let a mod deal with it, and in the meantime ignore it. *facepalm*
Old 2011-04-30, 20:37   Link #1842
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anh_Minh View Post
It's about as resistant as cardboard. I was asking why, when they bothered to gym equipment. I mean, if you want to kill a lot of butei, where are you going to attack them? In the middle of their school, when they're busy hiding in a jumping horse, or when they're in transit, packed like sardines in a tin can?
To be honest even military personnel ride around in hired civilian coaches these days

>_>
Old 2011-04-30, 20:44   Link #1843
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

But you would have thought that they had cameras to examine the undercarriages for bombs.
Old 2011-04-30, 21:03   Link #1844
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

I don't think some undercarriage camera's make sense, and it's not like the driver needs to check under at every stop

Only higher ups are going to get protected vehicles, so the bus not being armored isn't strange. Isn't this similar to that argument of someone storming the school? Attacking a bus full of armed butei's isn't exactly smart either. As easily as Mr Segway was able to roll around unnoticed, so too was it easy to slip a package underneath the bus.
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 21:49   Link #1845
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangatron View Post
I don't think some undercarriage camera's make sense, and it's not like the driver needs to check under at every stop

Only higher ups are going to get protected vehicles, so the bus not being armored isn't strange. Isn't this similar to that argument of someone storming the school? Attacking a bus full of armed butei's isn't exactly smart either. As easily as Mr Segway was able to roll around unnoticed, so too was it easy to slip a package underneath the bus.
But since that was a private school bus, the company should have searched under the bus before it departed from the company on its run. They are dealing with a Butei Killer so some sort of security measure should have been in place.
Old 2011-04-30, 22:12   Link #1846
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
But since that was a private school bus, the company should have searched under the bus before it departed from the company on its run. They are dealing with a Butei Killer so some sort of security measure should have been in place.
That is exactly what I was thinking, but hey, it's an anime. I keep forgetting that I need to lower my expectations most of the time.
Old 2011-04-30, 22:18   Link #1847
tsunade666

Quote:
it could be attach while it stops in the bus stop. And the bus hijacking just start after it reach the stop in front of the boys dormitory or kinji's house. The segway too. Instead of attacking a bike isn't the bus a better target from the start?
Old 2011-04-30, 22:19   Link #1848
mangatron
worshipping the pantyhose

Quote:
Security screens always check incoming vehicles, but not outgoing. No military base I've been to does otherwise. The mentality is simple: the last person you'd think would be the bomber would be your own kind, if it is known the bomb originated from the motor pool, then anyone who had access to the bus is a suspect. The maintenance man would be a suspect. The driver would too. That won't bode well for anyone in the metrolink.

Placing the bomb while it's on its route is how it most likely happened, and not anything anyone could do about it. Even if they knew service in Butei routes were a risk, there wasn't any way anyone would know the next target. Like I said earlier, the fact a Segway went rogue all over town with nary a police report, there's no neighborhood watch going on in that island so the first thing they need to do is step up police patrols. Or are the butei supposed to do that...
mangatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 22:23   Link #1849
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
But you would have thought that they had cameras to examine the undercarriages for bombs.
That's what you'd like to think but not even in real life are people that hard working.

Though we don't know how the Butei killer got the bomb under the bus in the first place; or where he got his remote control vehicles. So we can only assume he defeated all their security measures and that he's that good.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-30, 23:32   Link #1850
germanturkey
Udon-YAAAAAAAA

[mod edit: comment removed]

and about the ep: i wasn't a big fan of how they reused the speed scenario. they could at least come up with something more original.

Blessed are those who listen to headphones, for they listen to the sound of heaven.

Last edited by relentlessflame; 2011-05-01 at 00:16. Reason: No commenting about neg-rep
germanturkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 01:06   Link #1851
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by germanturkey View Post
and about the ep: i wasn't a big fan of how they reused the speed scenario. they could at least come up with something more original.
something original like what?

with this there is a patter to it. Like what's the connection of butei killer and Kinji and Aria? or rather how can Aria be so sure it's the butei killers work if no one had any clue about the culprit. and why does it always have to be in front of the boys dormitory? why does the clock in Kinji's house isn't the same as his wrist watch? is it really defective? but with the time in the bus, it seems it isn't.

The speed scenario might be not original but with this it looks like the butei killer attacks when your traveling or in a vehicle or transporter. you can also assess that the butei killer manage to put the bomb below a bus that's travel arrives in time. So when was it place, how was it place, and who might place it there and for what purpose? just randomly killing butei? then why not just make it explode inside the academy and it deliberately go into civilian district? hate for the butei? frame for the butei? then why when the event with Kinji. no orders or what so ever. it only happen when this time around and it timely the point where kinji is back in assault for one mission. and it looks like Aria is targeting the butei killer so she is in constant track if theirs any problem.
Old 2011-05-01, 04:32   Link #1852
Anh_Minh
I disagree with you all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
To be honest even military personnel ride around in hired civilian coaches these days

>_>
Yeah, but I'm guessing they don't have armored gym equipment.

That's what bugs me: their sense of priorities. If you have to pick between armoring the bus and armoring the furniture inside the school, armor the bus. And teach the students some fire discipline.
Anh_Minh is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 04:40   Link #1853
Yui Is My Wife
Paper-Fan of DOOM!!

Logically, they are confiriming to priorities.

Prior to the Butei serial murders, the Butei School Grounds are the only "24/7 war zone" as far as the administartion is concerned, as firearms are regularly discharged on school grounds, after all.

Off the campus, its a non-combat zone; and cruel as it may sound, the academic body does not consider it necessary to waste money on an contingency that would very well never happen, and it would be cheaper to just outsource the transport of students to a civilian contractor that would never be put under fire, right?

The murderer sure taught them a lesson they would never forget, didn't he/she?
Old 2011-05-01, 05:40   Link #1854
tsunade666

academic body... more like the government. The government are the one who started the butei system to combat the alarming crime rate. Maybe the one who plans the facility of butei high are the buteis but the one who still give them money are the government.

They much more priorities the inside school grounds than outside. Plus I really think the bus aren't owned by butei high. Because naturally it would probably be armored and the driver is an instructor or a butei but his an ordinary driver.
Old 2011-05-01, 05:53   Link #1855
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
academic body... more like the government. The government are the one who started the butei system to combat the alarming crime rate. Maybe the one who plans the facility of butei high are the buteis but the one who still give them money are the government.

They much more priorities the inside school grounds than outside. Plus I really think the bus aren't owned by butei high. Because naturally it would probably be armored and the driver is an instructor or a butei but his an ordinary driver.
and judging the bus driver, he's just a regular civvie, not a Butei operative. but i still am amazed by the neglect of the bus. even if its a school where students carry guns, it SHOULD be emphasized that ALL vehicles must be plated with armor since we dont know if an enemy carrying a rocket launcher fires at the bus or someone with an anti-material rifle such as a Barrett M82 blasts at the vehicle. but still, if the Butei Killer tried to up the anti with assault rifles, that bus is TOAST.

also... THEY HAD TO DO IT.
Spoiler for two of Rie's avatars in the anime world:

Last edited by ZeKeR; 2011-05-01 at 06:27. Reason: broken image FIX!
ZeKeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 05:59   Link #1856
tsunade666

^ it won't open zeker. the spoiler.

even if they armed the bus if an anti-material is launch on it it's a goner. Or even an anti-tank rounds will be felt by it if it's been rained down by guns like uzi.
Old 2011-05-01, 06:32   Link #1857
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
^ it won't open zeker. the spoiler.

even if they armed the bus if an anti-material is launch on it it's a goner. Or even an anti-tank rounds will be felt by it if it's been rained down by guns like uzi.
the bus will be totally destroyed if its gunned down by hi-powered guns. the AM rifle will just put a large, neat hole in the body, but it can also stop a vehicle dead in its tracks by shooting the engine. AT rounds? pffft... German WWII AT rifles left an M4 Sherman's side with big neat holes that had an explosive entrance, and how much more a bus with PEOPLE inside?
Old 2011-05-01, 08:01   Link #1858
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Let me put it this way; to completely protect your butei students, you're gonna need to get an APC to transport them around, even then someone smart is going to find a way to beat them. There is just no sure way to protect them, and let's face it- how often do people get their hands on a RPG? Or a claymore mine? Or an anti-material sniper rifle?

How often do police actually get attacked? War zone countries not withstanding. Seems to me that this butei killer is the exception, but probably isn't enough to cause a change in budget.

Personally, my Explaination is that they have no control over what the bus company do with their vehicles.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-01, 08:53   Link #1859
orion

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeKeR View Post
the bus will be totally destroyed if its gunned down by hi-powered guns. the AM rifle will just put a large, neat hole in the body, but it can also stop a vehicle dead in its tracks by shooting the engine. AT rounds? pffft... German WWII AT rifles left an M4 Sherman's side with big neat holes that had an explosive entrance, and how much more a bus with PEOPLE inside?
So then basically, the Butei Killer is intentionally not killing the students but putting them in dangerous situations for them to get out of instead?
Old 2011-05-01, 08:56   Link #1860
ZeKeR
Superbad

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
Let me put it this way; to completely protect your butei students, you're gonna need to get an APC to transport them around, even then someone smart is going to find a way to beat them. There is just no sure way to protect them, and let's face it- how often do people get their hands on a RPG? Or a claymore mine? Or an anti-material sniper rifle?

How often do police actually get attacked? War zone countries not withstanding. Seems to me that this butei killer is the exception, but probably isn't enough to cause a change in budget.

Personally, my Explaination is that they have no control over what the bus company do with their vehicles.
I believe Claymore is an anti-personnel mine.

well just be fortunate that the Butei Killer didnt use IEDs, remote controlled a tank to their position instead of sending sports cars with IR UZIs on them, or a helo attack.

a Bradley IFV or Stryker picking up students is something else tho.

Tags
action, comedy, guns, harem, loli, romance, school life, shounen, tsundere