AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

View Poll Results: Umineko no Naku Koro ni - Episode 26 Rating
Perfect 10 41 18.39%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 31 13.90%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 26 11.66%
7 out of 10 : Good 24 10.76%
6 out of 10 : Average 23 10.31%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 29 13.00%
4 out of 10 : Poor 12 5.38%
3 out of 10 : Bad 5 2.24%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 5 2.24%
1 out of 10 : Painful 27 12.11%
Voters: 223. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-24, 06:13   Link #161
Leinne
Who... am I?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ssol View Post

Spoiler for ”My Favorites of the Series”:
It would have been a good scene if they HADN'T COMPLETELY CHANGED THE FEELING, I mean, they use a VN track for once, use the correct one, theat scene was supposed to be sad as Beato died, not a violent scene of evaB smashing her, changing the whole focus of it thx to a bad music selection killed the scene
Old 2009-12-24, 06:35   Link #162
Kakkou
Tch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
Start the Rose Crimson Dreamenddischarger after the eyecatch and it fits perfectly, like it was MADE for that scene (which it probably was...)
You're right, the Rose Crimson Dreamenddischarger fits perfectly for everything from the eyecatch to when Dragon!Kinzo gets beaten but unfortunately not long enough to last till Beato gets her first stake to the chest, which is where the anime Goldenslaughter ends. Of course, that problem can be fixed if Gran Muzik just extended it a little. I somehow can't help but think that whoever was in charge of music placement in this ep mistook Goldenslaughter for Dreamenddischarger because of their similar parts and put in the wrong track
Old 2009-12-24, 07:48   Link #163
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

Subs are out.
Old 2009-12-24, 07:54   Link #164
Geekodot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
You're right, the Rose Crimson Dreamenddischarger fits perfectly for everything from the eyecatch to when Dragon!Kinzo gets beaten but unfortunately not long enough to last till Beato gets her first stake to the chest, which is where the anime Goldenslaughter ends. Of course, that problem can be fixed if Gran Muzik just extended it a little. I somehow can't help but think that whoever was in charge of music placement in this ep mistook Goldenslaughter for Dreamenddischarger because of their similar parts and put in the wrong track
That sounds plausible... and in that case they should fix it in the DVD... but Deen isn't known for fixing shit in the Umineko DVDs and instead overpricing it.
Old 2009-12-24, 08:03   Link #165
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

I'm glad the series is over, but for a different reason than most. The masochistic side of my personality always made me read these episode threads of whining.

It was a rough time. Where I cursed myself every week for being stupid and curious.

Could Deen of done better? Sure. Hell. I gave this episode a 7 out of 10 for various reasons.* Do I think this is TEH WURST ADAPTION EVAR??!!! Nah. And if people can enjoy the story and the mystery of the story without ever even reading the VN, than I'm pretty pleased.

Do I wish everyone would read the VN too? Sure. But will they? Probably not. And I can live with that.

Sides, I got an awesome VN series and a fun anime series with pretty character designs out of all this. I'm satisfied .

EDIT- also, I enjoyed a lot of the original music tracks the anime came up. Not that there were much, but some were pretty nifty.

* "various reasons"- just low budget stuff such as lack of red. And also, that Lambda and Bern didn't come off as well.... evil, as I would've liked.

Last edited by lovelysan; 2009-12-24 at 09:52. Reason: gramaaaaarrrr ! *shakes fist*
Old 2009-12-24, 08:05   Link #166
lovelysan
Umineko and Mabinogi fan~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geekodot View Post
That sounds plausible... and in that case they should fix it in the DVD... but Deen isn't known for fixing shit in the Umineko DVDs and instead overpricing it.
I thought all DVD's in Japan were overpriced....
Old 2009-12-24, 08:14   Link #167
luckyssol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leinne View Post
It would have been a good scene if they HADN'T COMPLETELY CHANGED THE FEELING, I mean, they use a VN track for once, use the correct one, theat scene was supposed to be sad as Beato died, not a violent scene of evaB smashing her, changing the whole focus of it thx to a bad music selection killed the scene
The scene in the anime only lasted two and a half minutes. There was not enough time to fit in three different BGM like the VN had.

The VN started the scene with 'Dance of the Moon Rabbits' then switched to 'Prison'. Neither of those are used for sad scenes. When Beatrice refused to die after all the heart piercings the BGM switched to 'Thanks for Being Born' which is for sad scenes.

The anime used used 'Requiem' for the scene just prior to it. That was enough to establish the atmosphere to make it seem like Beatrice was trying to change her ways.

Using あかいくつ偽 for the scene fit perfectly in my opinion.(I love that BGM )

So anyway, how did that kill the scene?

Back on topic regarding episode 26, I love the 'Endless Nine' BGM and I'm glad they kept it.
Old 2009-12-24, 08:15   Link #168
Racheya-sama
Witch of Ambition

Send a message via MSN to Racheya-sama
Quote:
Originally Posted by lovelysan View Post
I'm glad the series is over, but for a different reason than most. The masocistic side of my personality always made me read this episode threads of whining.

It was a rough time. Where I cursed myself every week for being stupid and curious.

Could Deen of done better? Sure. Hell. I gave this episode a 7 out of 10 for various reasons.* Do I think this is TEH WURST ADAPTION EVAR??!!! Nah. And if people can enjoy the story and the mystery of the story without ever even reading the VN, than I'm pretty pleased.

Do I wish everyone would read the VN too? Sure. But will they? Probably not. And I can live with that.

Sides, I have an awesome VN series and a fun anime series with pretty character designs out of all this. I'm satisfied .

EDIT- also, I enjoyed a lot of the original music tracks the anime came up. Not that there were much, but some were pretty nifty.
This pretty much sums how I feel about all this. I think the anime is decent, of COURSE the VN is going to be better just like how reading the Harry Potter books is better than watching the films. Nearly all adaptions rape the source material to some extent but that's something you just have to get used to.

I thought the episode was nice. I love the colours of the Golden Land, I thought that part was well animated and done. The red truth & blue truth fight was decent but I'd have liked the blue stake things to glow or be a bit more... blue.

Like someone else has mentioned before, I tbh don't care as much about the mystery aspect as I did with Higurashi. At the end of the first season of Higurashi I was like 'OMFG what's REALLY happening??' (I was also convinced Rika was an alien at the start of Kai LULZ). But with Umineko I'm just like oh... *shrugs* and I'm more interested in the characters and their own development rather than the mystery.

9/10 for this episode.

Am I the only one that thinks saying
'Red only tells the truth', to prove that it does, is a bit redundant?

I am Racheya-Beatrice, the Emerald Witch of Ambition
Old 2009-12-24, 08:54   Link #169
gameboy234

Is this the last episode of umineko? It seem so weird. I don't really understand what is going on.
Old 2009-12-24, 08:58   Link #170
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Racheya-sama View Post
Like someone else has mentioned before, I tbh don't care as much about the mystery aspect as I did with Higurashi. At the end of the first season of Higurashi I was like 'OMFG what's REALLY happening??' (I was also convinced Rika was an alien at the start of Kai LULZ). But with Umineko I'm just like oh... *shrugs* and I'm more interested in the characters and their own development rather than the mystery.

9/10 for this episode.
That's pretty much exactly how I feel about the series too.
Old 2009-12-24, 09:28   Link #171
Excorsism

For the experienced gentlemen, may I get a rather detailed, in a nutshell, explanation/summary of the glorifying hamburger scene?
Old 2009-12-24, 09:59   Link #172
catastrophe8
Self Proclaimed Detective

Well it's been a while since I played/read the VN but the scene was something like Ange telling Battler not to look at her while she tells him about how much she misses him and that she has realized that if Battler does return, he doesn't return to "the Ange in the MetaWorld."

Eventually, her hands slip off Battler, and he looks back, seeing a pile of blood and clothes. Battler looks at Bern and Lambda and asking what happened. Bern (or i think it was Bern) said that the witch's tools/a pincer was picking at Ange to shreds, and that they were just sitting there, watching. Bern then later made a joke that Ange was going to be made into a burger.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:02   Link #173
bigemperor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kakkou View Post
I realize EXACTLY the same, the question is Could deen be so stupid to mistake a track?
Old 2009-12-24, 10:18   Link #174
Ace of Dragons
AKA Squirrel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
For the experienced gentlemen, may I get a rather detailed, in a nutshell, explanation/summary of the glorifying hamburger scene?
After Ange destroys the Golden Land and drags a despairing Beato back to the gameboard, Lambda chains Beato's leg to the chair so that she can't escape again. Bernkastel summons Battler, though his soul is still broken and he doesn't know who he is. Ange tries to snap him out of it over and over again, but even after she confirmes that Battler is still Kinzo's grandson by being Rudolf's son (as Beato couldn't deny it in red), it doesn't quite do the job. As a last resort, Ange hugs Battler from behind and cries to him,
"Come home quickly, Onii-chan! Don't leave me all alone! It's me, Ange! Dad and Mom and Onii-chan... no one comes home! I'm lonely! I beg you, come home quickly! That's right, I'm Ange! The Ushiromiya Ange of a world where no one comes home! The witch before your eyes stole away my whole family! Even you, Onii-chan! Only you can finish her, Onii-chan! Then you can take your family back ...And come home to me!
As she says this, she holds Battler's head tightly so that he can't turn around and see that her body is literally being torn apart. All he can do is listen and watch helplessly as blood drips down. When she dies, he looks behind and sees a pile of blood and muscle with Ange's clothes on top. Lambda and Bern are uncaring. Beato taunts him, saying how it doesn't matter what happens to Ange in a world where he doesn't return. Naturally, this enrages Battler. He promises to return to Ange and as Beato eggs him on, we see that she's accepted that she'll never win and that all that's left is for her to be killed. However, as the Golden Witch, she at least deserves to die with dignity. Her solemn, bitter expression turns wild and cruel and she challenges him to try and kill her. Red flashes by on the screen.
Please kill me quickly. Try and stop me. ...... If you don't, you will die.

Last edited by Ace of Dragons; 2009-12-24 at 11:19. Reason: Mixed up the last few details with the beginning of the Tea Party
Old 2009-12-24, 10:38   Link #175
Arkuatic

I'm not very impressed with the final episode : / . I thought it was going to have a more epic feel to it but it seemed to leave bit of a cliff hanger and w/e happened 6 years ago between Battler and Beato. I honestly thought there was going to be another episode but disappointed there wasn't and the episode feels a bit rushed. Although the series wasn't as elaborately designed strategic combat like Death notes it was very entertaining and somehow enticing.

Also another note I found the 'finding his soul' scene a bit cliche.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:39   Link #176
typhonsentra

So wait, this is the end? Pretty lame.
Old 2009-12-24, 10:42   Link #177
USCPharmacist

And those words are spoken in red, so it must be true!!! hehehe
Old 2009-12-24, 11:08   Link #178
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Oh man! The drama was so bad, it was like reading off a script.
Drama project >> this ep by far!

Actually, it was Lambda that joked that Ange became a hamburger.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
Old 2009-12-24, 11:37   Link #179
Arkwright

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace of Dragons View Post
After Ange destroys the Golden Land and drags a despairing Beato back to the gameboard, Lambda chains Beato's leg to the chair so that she can't escape again. Bernkastel summons Battler, though his soul is still broken and he doesn't know who he is. Ange tries to snap him out of it over and over again, but even after she confirmes that Battler is still Kinzo's grandson by being Rudolf's son (as Beato couldn't deny it in red), it doesn't quite do the job. As a last resort, Ange hugs Battler from behind and cries to him,
"Come home quickly, Onii-chan! Don't leave me all alone! It's me, Ange! Dad and Mom and Onii-chan... no one comes home! I'm lonely! I beg you, come home quickly! That's right, I'm Ange! The Ushiromiya Ange of a world where no one comes home! The witch before your eyes stole away my whole family! Even you, Onii-chan! Only you can finish her, Onii-chan! Then you can take your family back ...And come home to me!
As she says this, she holds Battler's head tightly so that he can't turn around and see that her body is literally being torn apart. All he can do is listen and watch helplessly as blood drips down. When she dies, he looks behind and sees a pile of blood and muscle with Ange's clothes on top. Lambda and Bern are uncaring. Beato taunts him, saying how it doesn't matter what happens to Ange in a world where he doesn't return. Naturally, this enrages Battler. He promises to return to Ange and as Beato eggs him on, we see that she's accepted that she'll never win and that all that's left is for her to be killed. Red flashes by on the screen.
Please kill me quickly.
Spoiler for VN version of this scene:
Old 2009-12-24, 11:42   Link #180
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Well can definitely tell they had to rush things with only so much time left. Still I thought it was a pretty good episode. Bit less in terms of a finale since we'll have to wait so much time to find out how this all wraps up.

I really didn't see things ending like that for Ange. Paying such a heavy price to bring back Battler's spirit one more time. She did help quite a bit so there shouldn't be many regrets there. There is no way he can hold back or do anything less than try and win. With Ange waiting and Meta-Ange giving up her life there is only one path for him to take. Did a pretty good job developing Ange so there would be sympathy for her death. Endured so much to get to that point .

Overall I enjoyed following this one. Things could have been done better, but it was still a solid ride to the end.