AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-09-23, 22:12   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 722 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Hey guys! The break is over so it's business as usual! Credit goes to Redon from AP for this summary:

Quote:
- Cavendish blames audiences for helping Rebecca but now audiences love him so much. D Block starts.
- ​Zoro runs with Wicca. Wicca talks about ♧Trebol, ♢Diamante and ♤Pica the 3 Doflamingo´s subordinates. And then they meet Sanji and ​Kinnemon. ​Violet shows up and says that Thousand Sunny has been seized by Jora and it's heading for Green Bit.
- Brook cheats Jora as he is her friend. ​Jora gives back to Brook his cane and violin. At this moment Brook beats Jora. Finally they recover to normal ​appearance.
- ​In Green Bit. Law is defeated on the ground. ​Doflamingo gets Caesar's heart.
- ​800 years ago 19 nations' royal families moved to Mariejois and created the World Government except Nefertari family. Now those 19 royal families' descendants are the Celestial Dragons.
- The 19 nations chose their new king and new royal family. Dressrosa's new royal family is Riku king's family and its original royal family is Donquixote Family.

End of chapter.

Now this is very interesting. So we finally get a bit of info on the WG's origins. And it's especially interesting to learn that Vivi's family was involved in that event. Also, Dofla's family being the former rulers of Dressrosa instantly explains the dwarf king's comment about his people's war against the Donquixote family starting 900 years ago.....

As far as the rest goes, it's nice to know that Jora is beaten, but Nami's group is gonna be screwed if they run into Dofla or Fujitora at Green Bit (especially since Law's just been defeated). Also neat that we finally got the name of the spade guy. Now when will we actually SEE him?

All in all, sounds like an awesome chapter. Can't wait for the full release.
Old 2013-09-24, 00:57   Link #2
Rainbowman

The main highlight for this chapter is Brook defeating Jora and restoring his group back to normal. Though the origin of the World Government was interesting too.
Old 2013-09-24, 07:46   Link #3
shalala

Soooo this means the Law is now going to die. But seeing how Brook and co have regained the Sunny they could now go and save Law which looks like it would happen.
Old 2013-09-24, 09:17   Link #4
Blackbeard D. Kuma

Great to see that Brook has another victory under his belt. Law never stood a chance against Doflamingo, so his defeat is no surprise and was expected. What intrigues me is how the Riku King's family replaced the Donquixote family for representation of Dressrosa.
Old 2013-09-24, 12:57   Link #5
erdii

well at least not all Celestial Dragons are useless people.
Old 2013-09-24, 14:11   Link #6
marvelB

^My guess is that Dofla probably pulled a Sabo and simply decided to abandon the lifestyle of a noble. Why? Well, that's anyone's guess. It definitely seems that he's been living a "commoner's" life for a long time, though. I mean, Oda's SBS drawing of him as a kid even seems to indicate that much.
Old 2013-09-25, 02:16   Link #7
marvelB

^Well, so far the most plausible theory that jumps to my mind is that Dofla is a bastard child of a noble. And.... I guess the noble side of the family wouldn't accept him into Mariejois because he's just a plain douche instead of an inbred douche, lol.

Anyway, Aohige posted a summary of the raw. Turns out that Cavendish defended Rebecca against the jeering crowd, interestingly enough (though the moment kinda got ruined due to him enjoying all the attention he got, heh). Meanwhile, Wicca explains that Dofla's 3 officers (Diamante, Trebol, Pica) took down the former Riku military all by themselves during the rebellion a decade ago (nice to see these guys finally get some more hype, at least). As far as Brooke vs. Jora goes, it turns out he managed to put down her guard due to him being a fellow artist (music artist in this case, naturally). It was actually pretty awesome seeing him take her out!

And finally.... it turns out that it's Dofla himself who explains the story of the WG's origins to Law and Fujitora (the latter not doing anything BTW, merely sitting nearby). I find it a little odd that Dofla is willing to tell his family history to an admiral after that trolling stunt he pulled on the marines, but whatevs......
Old 2013-09-25, 02:18   Link #8
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
The question is not about the lifestyle. It's obvious, that he isn't living like a world noble.

I wonder more about the title: Why does he only posses the lesser title of a 'Shichibukai'?
In case he parted on good terms with the rest of his family, there would be no need to abandon his title as 'celestial dragon'. With this title he can do anything he does now and even more.
But if he parted on bad terms, why even give him protection at all?

Was he already Shichibukai, when he took over the kingdom? It would be interessting to know, since when Doflamingo is active as Shichibukai. Could it be possible, that this title was specially created for him by the WG?
. I don't think so because Boa Hancock has been a shichibukia before Doflamingo joined.. Dofla = 10 years of shichibukia, Boa= 12 years of shichibukia
Old 2013-09-25, 02:22   Link #9
marvelB

Oh, nearly forgot to mention the ministory! So yeah, it turns out that Caribou is wreaking more havoc by swallowing up Kaidou's weapons factory with his swamp powers. Well, if beating Scotch wasn't enough to anger the emperor, destroying his property sure as hell would.
Old 2013-09-25, 02:24   Link #10
Dark_Ritual

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I find it a little odd that Dofla is willing to tell his family history to an admiral after that trolling stunt he pulled on the marines, but whatevs......
Well I guess Dofla figured he can't hide it anymore after pulling that newspaper stunt, Akainu would probably found out after talking to the Gorosie and Law himself already figured that Dofla has to be a noble or something so Dofla is just saving them their time by telling em now.
Old 2013-09-25, 04:04   Link #11
Eleutheria
旅行癖

Cabbage is the man. Would definitely cheer for him, A++.

Slightly disappointing that Law basically got whacked offscreen, but I suppose the exact mechanics of Fujitora and Dofla's abilities have to be kept under wraps until the Strawhats actually face them head-on.
Old 2013-09-25, 08:30   Link #12
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

i wonder what Doflamingo's plan is because remember how Kuzan warned that whatever Dofla is trying to do could destroy the marines that Akainu is trying to build?

Last edited by khoa1708; 2013-09-25 at 08:46. Reason: yeah i meant Akainu
Old 2013-09-25, 08:35   Link #13
imza

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
i wonder what Doflamingo's plan is because remember how Kuzan warned that whatever Dofla is trying to do could destroy the marines that Kizaru is trying to build?
I'm guessing you met Akainu? I would be very curious to see his reaction, I wonder if Akainu will stand up to the World Nobles, possibly causing a rift between Marines and World Government? I'm almost hoping to see Admiral Fuji turn on DF.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:01   Link #14
shalala

Cavendish does know how to win a crowd over and his house totally suit him. I would ship Him and Rebecca together. More info on the CD's was also good but I would have like to know the reason why Alabasta kingdom decided not to join the other 19 CD's. Correct me if I'm wrong, So the original 20 kingdoms from 800 years ago all gather in the middle and created the WG and then all moved to another place except Alabasta. Where they then created 19 new royal family's for their kingdom's that they have left and then 10 year ago Dofla came back to his family ex-kingdom and reclaimed it as his own..
Old 2013-09-25, 09:22   Link #15
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Cabbage is a pretty nice guy after all. He could have been friends with Luffy if he didn't enjoy attention so much.
Old 2013-09-25, 09:22   Link #16
unameit

a bit of confusing reading a messed picture so it's law vs dofla-fuji?

This arc could be heading into alabasta arc.. luffy to beat dofla to restore dresrossa..
Old 2013-09-25, 10:54   Link #17
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shalala View Post
Cavendish does know how to win a crowd over and his house totally suit him. I would ship Him and Rebecca together. More info on the CD's was also good but I would have like to know the reason why Alabasta kingdom decided not to join the other 19 CD's. Correct me if I'm wrong, So the original 20 kingdoms from 800 years ago all gather in the middle and created the WG and then all moved to another place except Alabasta. Where they then created 19 new royal family's for their kingdom's that they have left and then 10 year ago Dofla came back to his family ex-kingdom and reclaimed it as his own..
Nah, you got the later part a bit wrong.
After the creation of the WG, 19 of the 20 kings moved into Mariejois with their families, abandoning their kingdoms. Only the Nefertari refused to leave their kingdom, and stayed in Alabasta as the ruling family.
The other 19 nations, now kingless, appointed new royals to rule their land.

The linage of the original kings who moved into Mariejois later came to be known as the Celestial Dragons.
Old 2013-09-25, 11:28   Link #18
Libros
I never hid my hurts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
^My guess is that Dofla probably pulled a Sabo and simply decided to abandon the lifestyle of a noble. Why? Well, that's anyone's guess. It definitely seems that he's been living a "commoner's" life for a long time, though. I mean, Oda's SBS drawing of him as a kid even seems to indicate that much.
Commoner, huh? He doesn't look much like one both now & then. Good chapter nonetheless.
Old 2013-09-25, 12:14   Link #19
Slayerx

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Small One View Post
So Donquixote family is a world noble family? Well, it was strongly hinted, so not too surprising.

But I wonder though, what Doflamingo's position in his family is. Why is he "only" a Shichibukai?
He could have the same (or even better) protection, if he was known as celestial dragon. Did he get expelled? Interesting indeed.
I think he DOES still have all the protections that the celestrial dragons have; the public just isn't aware of it. I think most like, he wanted to go play pirate, but could not as a celestrial dragon, so he keeps his connection a secret and gets his public marine protection through his warlord status... however the WG knows his TRUE heritage and thus provide him with anything they would grant any other Celestrial dragon; hence how he was able to manipulate the news to trick law and get direct assistance from CP0.
Old 2013-09-25, 12:26   Link #20
Blackbeard D. Kuma

At the very least we know Doflamingo is of noble lineage. And if he's in fact a celestial dragon, then that explains why Fujitora isn't attacking him.