Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-10-21, 13:37   Link #1601
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I hope so. Misaki really deserves a better guy....
I agree, but I don't think there are any acceptable guys in this show, unfortunately. Every one of them, except maybe the bar-owner, is either a creep or a weakling. That makes four creeps (Touya, Eiji, Touya's dad, and the yakuza) and one weakling. Every one of the girl-girl relationships is better: Rina-Yuki, Haruka-Mana, Menou-shadow. Even Mana and her mom is a bit better, after seeing her mom talk about Mana being like her. Heck, it even seems as if Yayoi was a good manager for Rina, when she was.

I've never been able to get a real handle on the staff for this show. Nothing any of them has done before prepares me for this. The director, Yoshimura Akira, did one minor OVA in 2001, but otherwise has just done eps of shows like Xenoglossia and Ergo Proxy. The closest things are eps of Planetes and Bakumatsu Kikansetsu Irohanihoheto.

The lead writer, Satou Hiroaki, was the director/writer of Yoshimune. And the animation company, Seven Arcs, did Nanoha, Inukami, Sekirei, and Asura Cryin'.

I guess the special flavour of the show comes from Aquaplus, which made the game, and whose chief, Shimokawa Naoya, is credited first on the website, for "planning."
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 14:09   Link #1602
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I hope hes being trying hard to actually work on their relationship because he seems to anxious to get her done it should come naturally.
You see, that is where the problem comes from. Misaki has a problem seeing him in a romantic matter because after the kind of decent confession he did to her in her moment of need in the first season, he has not done anything else to further woo her. He is not doing further efforts to romance her and is just taking it for granted that she has an obligation to give him sex. Akira is the type of guy that woman lose interest on because they take women for granted and think that once they say yes, he can stop bathing and grooming.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-21, 16:23   Link #1603
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
You see, that is where the problem comes from. Misaki has a problem seeing him in a romantic matter because after the kind of decent confession he did to her in her moment of need in the first season, he has not done anything else to further woo her. He is not doing further efforts to romance her and is just taking it for granted that she has an obligation to give him sex. Akira is the type of guy that woman lose interest on because they take women for granted and think that once they say yes, he can stop bathing and grooming.
Completely agree with you there. This is why i say he still FAILS even if you get the girl that does not make you a winner. If Akira does not change his ways its very possible for Misaki to get tired of him and go looking for a real guy. I dont see Akira as a man i see him as kid who whines when things dont go his way. Look at his reaction to what happen to Touya's father. Me personally i would not have said i cant face my friend i would own up to it and apologize. Misaki gave him a stern look and said "dont make me regret it"in a stern voice. Akira has some growing up to do before i think he can be a real b/f to her. If he thinks Misaki owes him sex he better start getting acquainted with his hand because he will never get in them pants acting this way.
Old 2009-10-22, 01:59   Link #1604
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Touya and Akira are the definite fail-brothers at romance. Touya is either blissfully ignorant, painfully sadistic towards other peoples' feelings or maybe both. Akira is just a total dunce and the near-force-sex proves it.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 04:35   Link #1605
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperKnuckles View Post
Touya and Akira are the definite fail-brothers at romance. Touya is either blissfully ignorant, painfully sadistic towards other peoples' feelings or maybe both. Akira is just a total dunce and the near-force-sex proves it.
The main difference between Touya and Akira is that Touya has this aura that attract women while Akira doesn't. To add things against akira is that he acts like a lilttle kid in FRONT of the women while at least Touya only does it in privite and to himself.
Old 2009-10-22, 05:56   Link #1606
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Good point. Though I think it's almost worse for Touya since he's keeping up a LOT of deception to boot.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 07:41   Link #1607
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
The main difference between Touya and Akira is that Touya has this aura that attract women while Akira doesn't. To add things against akira is that he acts like a lilttle kid in FRONT of the women while at least Touya only does it in privite and to himself.
An aura is the best way you can describe it. Maybe Touya's outer appearance attracts women, but we all know he is a jerk, so yeah. Akira is who he is because he lived in Touya's shadow. He should have found a new best friend a long time ago.
Old 2009-10-22, 08:12   Link #1608
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
but we all know he is a jerk, so yeah.
You know, touya has been put in an unwinable situation. He is being toyed by Yayoi and Eiji just to keep him out of the way. the best course of action in my opinion would have been to told Yuki that he couldn't handle the separation and give her a choice, her career or him. But he wanted both things, to hold to Yuki and to look cool and understanding of her dreams which he is not. So if you going to call him something, I would call weak.

Quote:
Akira is who he is because he lived in Touya's shadow. He should have found a new best friend a long time ago.
He couldn't even if he wanted. Touya was his only path to Misaki, he knew very well that Misaki was in love with Touya and that the only thing holding Misaki from going for Touya was Yuki. Akira was bidding his time, until a good chance appeared. Look at how Akira became hostile toward Touya as soon as he got the girl. You can't say Akira is Touya's best friend anymore.

Last edited by golthin; 2009-10-22 at 08:32.
Old 2009-10-22, 08:45   Link #1609
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:

He couldn't even if he wanted. Touya was his only path to Misaki, he knew very well that Misaki was in love with Touya and that the only thing holding Misaki from going for Touya was Yuki. Akira was bidding his time, until a good chance appeared. Look at how Akira became hostile toward Touya as soon as he got the girl. You can't say Akira is Touya's best friend anymore.

There relationship seems as complicated as any romance. He became hostitle when he was close to getting Misaki. However he started to calm down and even helped look after Touya's father. Now whether he was doing for Misaki's sake or for Touyas is not clearly stated nor shown. But when Touya's dad collapsed Akira did agonize over facing Touya and the way he did it was like having to tell a friend something horrible. Maybe hes just moody or he realized Touya was right and all these years he himself was the coward. But i think he still considers Touya a friend just that hes focusing on trying to get Misaki in bed now.

Mark my words Akira wont be able to hang on to Misaki at this rate.
Old 2009-10-22, 08:53   Link #1610
golthin

Quote:
There relationship seems as complicated as any romance. He became hostitle when he was close to getting Misaki.
My point was that if Akira had broken all ties with Touya, it would have been much harder for him to get closer to Misaki. DragoZERO stated that it would have been better for Akira to get a new best friend, which mean he had to spent less time with Touya, which also means less time being able to indirectly meet Misaki outside of the theater club.
Old 2009-10-22, 09:57   Link #1611
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
You know, touya has been put in an unwinable situation. He is being toyed by Yayoi and Eiji just to keep him out of the way. the best course of action in my opinion would have been to told Yuki that he couldn't handle the separation and give her a choice, her career or him. But he wanted both things, to hold to Yuki and to look cool and understanding of her dreams which he is not. So if you going to call him something, I would call weak.
He was a jerk before hand. He could only remember meeting Yuki once in the whole year and how he was acting towards Misaki.

Quote:
My point was that if Akira had broken all ties with Touya, it would have been much harder for him to get closer to Misaki. DragoZERO stated that it would have been better for Akira to get a new best friend, which mean he had to spent less time with Touya, which also means less time being able to indirectly meet Misaki outside of the theater club.
Akira met with Misaki on campus without Touya. He also showed he had enough in common with her, and a big enough brain, to hold good conversation with her. Its not like he just met Misaki a few weeks ago, they have known each other for years.
Old 2009-10-22, 10:16   Link #1612
golthin

Quote:
He was a jerk before hand. He could only remember meeting Yuki once in the whole year and how he was acting towards Misaki.

Akira met with Misaki on campus without Touya. He also showed he had enough in common with her, and a big enough brain, to hold good conversation with her.
I understand that, but it is not the same. You ever hear the phrase about keeping your friends close and your enemies closers? Touya was also Akira's rival in love and the reason he couldn't Misaki for himself, until Misaki let go of him in her mind but not her heart. Now we have to see if the latest incident makes her finally let go of Touya in her heart. I think Akira was making himself have thing in common with her, he was just following her.
His strategy worked, now less see if the scriptwriters will give him a good ending or not.
Old 2009-10-22, 10:22   Link #1613
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
I understand that, but it is not the same. You ever hear the phrase about keeping your friends close and your enemies closers? Touya was
Very true one could even argue that in the end this tactic actually did get him the girl.

Actually golthin you touched on something interesting in your earlier post about the aura Touya gives off that seems to attract woman. As the audience of course we see it but i wonder did Akira ever truly see it as well leading to part of his bitterness?
Old 2009-10-22, 10:41   Link #1614
golthin

Quote:
As the audience of course we see it but i wonder did Akira ever truly see it as well leading to part of his bitterness?
I am sure he did notice it because Akira can be counted as being an audience. I agree it also lead to part of his bitterness. I don't think that Touya thinks of Akira as his best friend anymore, neither of them talk or confide on each other anymore. Akira is done with Touya and if he could break all ties he would, but Misaki still have them connected. This connection is what will cause the break up between Misaki and Akira if it happens.

I am going to make a prediction, Touya's father is going to die and Misaki will be the one that tries to cheer up Touya and something will happen and Akira finds out. Touya's dad is going to the hospital to often to be something simple.
Old 2009-10-22, 11:51   Link #1615
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Maybe we'll find out what really happened in that forest. It seems like the only thing Touya can remember is what happened with his father, not what happened between him and Yuki. But, I do see Touya's father's condition getting a lot worse in the future. Him dying? I don't know... I hope not though.

Also, keep in mind that the timeline of the story started in the beginning of November. Right now, we just started January.
Old 2009-10-22, 12:07   Link #1616
golthin

Hehehe Yuki's fan will kill me for this, but all this drama started because Yuki wanted to become an Idol. Being an Idol might more important than anything to her. Touya was crying again at the end, because he thinks that he and Yuki are done, but he went down without fighting or giving Yuki a chance to make a final choice. this might be another form of being a coward for him, he doesn't want to give Yuki the chance to make that choice.
Old 2009-10-22, 13:07   Link #1617
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

Quote:
I am going to make a prediction, Touya's father is going to die Touya's dad is going to the hospital to often to be something simple
I agree with you there i think we all see it coming im just not sure if he will die before he has the surgery or doing to remove the tumor. Hes seem to be at an advanced stage.

Quote:
and Misaki will be the one that tries to cheer up Touya and something will happen and Akira finds out.
I cant even comprehend the down spiral this would cause if something were to happen between the two. Akira would go ballistic and if Yuki ever found dear god its a mess you would need several hoses to wash away.

Quote:
I am sure he did notice it because Akira can be counted as being an audience. I agree it also lead to part of his bitterness. I don't think that Touya thinks of Akira as his best friend anymore, neither of them talk or confide on each other anymore. Akira is done with Touya and if he could break all ties he would, but Misaki still have them connected. This connection is what will cause the break up between Misaki and Akira if it happens.
I also agree Akira would cut all his ties to Touya if he could. But Misaki would never sever all ties so AKira is stuck with him. You are right they never talk nor confined in each other one could say that their friendship is not only over but we could also say did they ever truly have a friendship.

I just realized after your statement that the only person Touya really has to confide in (besides himself) is Yayoi and that just makes me sad for him. If we look at who Touya spends most of his time with its Yayoi its naturally he would start to talk a little.

Quote:
Hehehe Yuki's fan will kill me for this, but all this drama started because Yuki wanted to become an Idol. Being an Idol might more important than anything to her. Touya was crying again at the end, because he thinks that he and Yuki are done, but he went down without fighting or giving Yuki a chance to make a final choice. this might be another form of being a coward for him, he doesn't want to give Yuki the chance to make that choice.
I for one think your right and there is nothing wrong with it. Every situation needs a catalyst and Yuki wanting to become an idol was the cause. You are spot on about Touya we forget that the guy actually does cry. Touya is acting just like his father no surprise there. Remember there convo in the hospital? Touya is afraid of being alone that much is certain. I never doubted he loved Yuki but man hes in a situation that looks liek there is no way to win.
Old 2009-10-23, 19:07   Link #1618
golthin

ep 17

Well, not much happened this episode imho.
Spoiler:
Old 2009-10-23, 21:17   Link #1619
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

(´・ω・`)...........

Spoiler for ep4:

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 21:21   Link #1620
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
(´・ω・`)...........

Spoiler for ep4:
actually, the previous episode seemed action packed compared to this one

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen