Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-04-12, 18:47   Link #201
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elysium
I guess I was the only one who really hated Thunder Cats.
Thunder Cats isn't an anime, it was made by Hannah Barbara.

Now my list:
1. Wedding Peach
2. Pokemon the Movie: 2000
3. Sister Princess
4. Yu-gi-oh!
5. Beyblade
6. Cardcaptors (this is the dub I'm talking about here.)
7. Medabots
8. Dragon Ball GT
9. Pokemon: the First Movie
10. Naruto
11. Dragon Ball Z
12. Digimon Adventure 2
13. Fighting Foodons
14. Gundam (all of them.)
15. Pokemon Orange League
16. Pokemon Jhoto
17. Sailor Moon (dubbed version.)
18. Love Hina
19. Chobits

To me, anime is a love/hate relationship. This is the hate.
Old 2004-04-12, 18:51   Link #202
Master Ran
The Invincible Dawn

These might be kewl for newbies i guess...but bad story, bad animation makes this my top turkey list.

Fatal Fury OVA 1 (img is OVA2)
Samurai Showdown
Art of Fighting

And looky here...10% off

Master Ran

Last edited by Master Ran; 2004-06-13 at 10:58.
Old 2004-04-12, 20:52   Link #203
husyk
Stupid Flanders! (Homer)

Send a message via MSN to husyk Send a message via Yahoo to husyk
I really disliked Akira, those ugly kids sounded horrible, and the story made no sense what so ever, the destruction was good. Other than that, it was horrible.
Old 2004-04-12, 21:12   Link #204
MasafumiGotoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razer_2mb
Thunder Cats isn't an anime, it was made by Hannah Barbara.

Now my list:
1. Wedding Peach
2. Pokemon the Movie: 2000
3. Sister Princess
4. Yu-gi-oh!
5. Beyblade
6. Cardcaptors (this is the dub I'm talking about here.)
7. Medabots
8. Dragon Ball GT
9. Pokemon: the First Movie
10. Naruto
11. Dragon Ball Z
12. Digimon Adventure 2
13. Fighting Foodons
14. Gundam (all of them.)
15. Pokemon Orange League
16. Pokemon Jhoto
17. Sailor Moon (dubbed version.)
18. Love Hina
19. Chobits

To me, anime is a love/hate relationship. This is the hate.
Please tell me your a girl.

Chobits and Love Hina doesnt deserve to be on a list with Pokemon and Beyblades!!!!! Also Gundam Wing was good(until the evil dubbers came). Naruto is exceptionally good(until it became like a DBZ craze and the Naruto N00blars spawned!!!).
Old 2004-04-18, 11:10   Link #205
Masuki

.hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign!!!!
.hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign .hack/sign!!!!

Get the point.That series is more eligiable for frisbee throwing than any other anime.
Old 2004-04-18, 13:01   Link #206
Zacron-X
Star-born Hero

Send a message via AIM to Zacron-X Send a message via Yahoo to Zacron-X
I generally dislike any anime that follows this plotline (however, as always, there are exceptions):

"Generic Hero/Heroine A is the best at (insert competitive skill). Generic Hero/Heroine B comes in contact with Generic Hero/Heroine A. They form a love hate relationship and because (insert villain here) is (insert malicious activity here), they go on a quest for the (insert magic items that are inconveniantly placed at opposite ends of the earth here). These are the only things that can stop (insert villain here). Along the way, Generic Hero/Heroine A is defeated at (insert competitive skill) by Generic Rival."

After that it can go one of several directions:

1) Generic Hero/Heroine A and B encounter Generic Hero/Heroines C through F. They help them along the way, and sometimes they join them to give the group more color. They proceed to collect the (insert magic items that are inconveniantly placed at opposite ends of the earth here) and (insert villain here) is vanquished. <---Long Series

2) Generic Rival joins Generic Hero/Heroine A and together they find the power within themselves to defeat (insert villian here) without (insert magic items that are inconveniantly placed at opposite ends of the earth here). <---Medium Length Series

3) Tragically, Hero/Heroine A or B suffers the loss of the other Hero/Heroine. (insert villain here) succeeds in their plan, but things don't work out for them anyway (it really sucks to be a generic anime villain, ne?). Everyone learns a lesson, the end. <---Short/Medium Length Series

There are countless anime like that. Unless they don't have a redeeming quality, such as lovable characters or a plot that goes deeper than the above, they aren't worth watching. It's just the same thing you've seen before over and over again. To be specific, I can't stand Dragonball Z. It was a good concept, but can you say 'done to death'? If everyone goes around collecting (insert magic items that are inconveniantly placed at opposite ends of the earth here), there won't be any left for a good series that actually needs them.

In short:

Series I enjoy: X, Hellsing, Inuyasha (to a point), FLCL, Yu Yu Hakusho, Saiyuki (NOT THE DUB!! Curse you ADV...) Naruto, and One Piece. You know what, let's throw Hikaru no Go! in there for fun.

Series I dislike: DBZ, Pokemon, Any and all anime that has anything to do with a card game, Any and all anime Cartoon Network gets there greedy dubbing fingers on, and Any and all anime that is based off of a video game. However, in contrast, there are several good video games based off of anime o.O.
Old 2004-04-18, 13:35   Link #207
Black Jaggan
Killing Intent

Medabots and Pokemon are horrible!And this show about a soccerteam...very childish...for german people it was on RTL2, at the same time as Doremi...which should also be frisbeed...

And ShinChan was fun for a while...but now it's starting to annoy me...
Old 2004-04-18, 16:41   Link #208
7thMethuselah

my hate list

1. Cosmopolitan Prayers : it can't get any worse than this, no characters or story, lamest enemies ever, very lame excuse for fansevice
2. Battle Programmer Shirase : If you've seen one episode, you've seen them all : it's unoriginal bad jokes, same jokes all the time, sloooooow, repetitive horrible art, etc...
3. Dokkoida : omg crap anime, well I think I hated every bit of it since I ain't exactly part of the targetted audience
4. Gundam X : I'm not the greatest mecha fan but this was so gundam unworthy, the story dragged and dragged and dragged and nothing really happened during those 20-25 ep's I saw, not to mention I didn't like a single character, oh well I gave it a fair try...
5. Hanaukyo miads : While i like a fanservice show this was one of the worst ever. No story, no characters (all maids were exactly the same, and this was the most crappy male lead ever), a very very poor excuse for an anime

All i can think of right now
Old 2004-04-18, 16:49   Link #209
Sethi
StormRider

Well apart from the series that usually run on the TV here(Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, BeyBlade you get the picture right) i hate:

Almost all the Anime inspired in Fighting Games - Most of them really slaughter the games.
Final Fantasy Unlimited - Being a FF Fan i really want to kill the responsibles for this.
PMK Anime - I Still don't believe they ended the anime like that just when it was getting good, all dark and stuff, they finalize it with fireworks, Give Me A Break.
Metropolis - Didn't like it that much.

Im sure there's more but these are the ones that now come to mind, so they probably are the worst i remember and in Metropolis and PMK case the newests i saw.
Old 2004-04-18, 18:54   Link #210
OutPhase
Lord Chairman God King

Send a message via AIM to OutPhase
Okay XxNarutoFanxX, here's it answer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxNarutoFanxX
Please tell me your a girl.

Chobits and Love Hina doesnt deserve to be on a list with Pokemon and Beyblades!!!!! Also Gundam Wing was good(until the evil dubbers came). Naruto is exceptionally good(until it became like a DBZ craze and the Naruto N00blars spawned!!!).
Nope. I'm a boy, and I prefer the Love Hina manga to the anime, like with Naruto, also I have no interest in mecha anime. In my opinion, Dragon Ball should've never had a sequel. Face it, Dragon Ball Z and GT are just cash cows.
DBZ: 3.5/10
DBGT: 1/10
Love Hina: 3.5/10
Cardcaptors (dub): 1/10

Pokémon was good in the beginning but after Kanto something happened.
It started to, oh, what's the word I'm looking for? Sucked. The Orange Islands thing was a bunch of flaming BS, and Jhoto wasn't much better (If at all.)
Orange Island: 1/10
Jhoto: 2/10

As for Wedding Peach, after the first episode I was quoted saying this, "I don't care if there's 3 more episodes on the tape! Give it to me! I went through all this trouble to find the metal rod! LET ME SMASH IT!! Burn it!! Tape it to dad's car! IT NEEDS TO DIE!!!!!!"
.5/10 (Would’ve been higher if I saw anymore.)

I thought anime couldn't get worse than this, but I was wrong because I came across Yu-gi-oh! Duel Monsters. I watched a season of it and afterwards I said, "I take back what I said about Wedding Peach. Yu-gi-oh! is the worst anime I've ever seen in my life."
0/10 (Giving it any hight than a 0 would be too nice. Plus I can’t give negatives)

Don't get me started with Beyblade and Medabots. Can I blow up Nelvana? Please??? 1/10

The Pokemon movies are just God Awful. There's no excuse for that. 1st movie: 2/10
2nd movie: 1/10

As for Chobits......
Spoiler for Chobits:
4.5/10

Fight Foodons....... so boring...... can't stay awake...... zzzzzzzzz............. 1.5/10

The anime in this thread I listed is for only anime that get the rating below 7/10, Naruto only getting about a 6/10. (It being 2nd at the top of the below average ladder.)

The forgotton ones:
Sonic X 3/10
Kirby: Right Back at Cha! 3.5/10
Inuyasha 6.5/10
Ruroni Kenshin: 1/10 (I was stuck with the dub)
Pilot Candidate: 1/10
YuYu Hakasho: 5.5/10
Tenshi in Tokyo: 2.5/10

Now leave me alone! I need to wproclaim the crappiness of these series!

Other ones:
Beyblade: 1.5/10
Sister Princess: 1/10
Old 2004-04-19, 06:00   Link #211
wao
OK.

I think I posted somewhere in this thread, but I can't be bothered to find it so I'll re-post.

Let's see, anything I remember I disliked: (Not disliked as in deserve to be frisbee, but... just disliked)
Saishuu Heiki Kanojo: I almost wanted them to die at the end. The characters aren't interesting enough for me and the plotline was nonexistant and I HATE the romantic relationship between Shuu and Chise... ugh. I know I'm being rather harsh and one-sided here, but PERSONALLY I thought it smacked of amateurism. I've got no right to say this when they did visit the place it was based on and research and put in a lot of effort, but I guess it just didn't work.
Fushigi Yuugi: Miaka spoils everything. Not that everything else is particularly the best. I HATE Yuu Watase's female leads (Aya in Ayashi no Ceres was just as bad...). And then I watch the dub of it (on the bus TV, I can't help hearing those awful voices... oh, torture...)...
Ayashi no Ceres: I loved the Japanese voices and Touya IS really a bishie sort, but I don't think it has much value. It's just entertainment, and a lot of girl-fanservice (bishounen, wimpy girls that get saved half the time [as a lot of girls fantasize... and then they wonder why women aren't independent.], sexual relationships with said bishounen, getting to.. ah, spoiler). It wasn't as bad as Fushigi Yuugi because some things were more believable, I guess. And the OP song is the most awesome thing.

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou [manga]: I know this doesn't really belong here, but I've read up to book 7 of the manga. Oh gosh. It's so boring. The first book was nice but after that Souichiro's and Yukino's relationship became SO typical and pretended to be different. It annoys me. And all the other characters seem redundant or unoriginal. Especially that !@#$%ing Tsubasa. In reality if there were such girls like Tsubasa I'd be tempted to slap them. Unless she's REALLY mentally slow, at a high school age if you're not even able to accept your father remarrying, and cling onto people like she does... GAH. I guess it isn't my kind of manga (and probably the show too). The only good thing is the funny parts.

I also dislike Love Hina kind of anime... and I started disliking Ranma 1/2 1/2way into the series (oh god, how long can you repeat the jokes)
Old 2004-04-19, 07:10   Link #212
Innotech

Iczelion, kekko kamen, cool devices (most hentai actually), ninja resurrection
It takes a LOT for me to truly hate an anime, and I like everything from brainless action shallow plots to deep involved slow paced shows and shounen and shoujo naimes both. but these above are so despicable that they arent worth the plastic disc they are imprinted on.
Old 2004-04-19, 10:16   Link #213
Arwyn

Im pretty tolerant, but I would have to say that Labryinth of Flames has to be the all time biggest "Fecal matter burned to a CD" title out there. There was absolutely no excuse for this one.

I would have to say that I have yet to see any anime based on a fighting game that was worth a damn.

Past that, while im not fond of the current "buy my toy"-mon titles, they are aimed at young kids. Yes, they are manipulative marketing nonsense, but thats nothing new, or confined to anime titles.

Ditto DBZ, my nephew loves it, but hey, he is 8. Why adults argue over the "quality" of DBZ is beyond me, if your in those preteen years they its pretty cool. Past that, there are better things to watch.
Old 2004-05-10, 19:51   Link #214
Karala

Lets see, I didn't like... Saikano! How can someone like that series?! I don't get it O__o;
Old 2004-05-10, 20:00   Link #215
Kyuven
Bishoujo Goodness Galore!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karala
Lets see, I didn't like... Saikano! How can someone like that series?! I don't get it O__o;
freakishly depressing series aren't for everyone...
Old 2004-05-10, 20:25   Link #216
Karala

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuven
freakishly depressing series aren't for everyone...
I didn't find it depressing, I found it ridiculous... lol
Old 2004-05-10, 22:18   Link #217
Gold_Rogers
Famous Dead Pirate

Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer

That was one horrible anime... borrowed from a guy who lived in my dorm, and I couldn't for the life of me understand why he would buy a DVD for this.
Old 2004-05-11, 01:05   Link #218
Tima
Konichiwa

Worst animes in my opinion that deseve to become frisbes are :
Chobits
Excel
Love Hina
Cosplay
Avenger
Najica Blitz
Neon Genisis Eva
Kanon
Hunter x Hunter
Sayuki Reload
Kyuo Kara Mao
FLCL
Old 2004-05-11, 09:12   Link #219
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
beyblade, medabots, power stone, well, most of the 'anime' they have on ytv are pretty crappy
Old 2004-05-11, 10:41   Link #220
Yamano667
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Yamano667
sister princess and sister repure WEEEE frisbie
Closed Thread