Notices

Old 2011-09-17, 03:40   Link #301
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEroKing View Post
Episode 24

Nah, I don't think it's over yet. That last trick of Ichijou's looks unbeatable but that "There's still some battery left..." at 04:28 mark got me thinking.
I have a strong feeling it will run out just when they are about to take Kaiji away and that block will get deactivated. Kaiji can't be beaten coming this far!
Still I think I should get an oxygen tank besides me while watching this =_=
Hehe, I like your style of thinking. I won't say anything for obvious reasons.
Old 2011-09-17, 07:30   Link #302
Battler-kun

This is just too emotional....no other Anime can do this.
This anime is perfectly done on the basis of the manga.

The suspense, the hope, the shere despair....
Battler-kun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 11:40   Link #303
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Goddammit, I need some oxygen tank too while watching this.. and here I am thinking the manga already such a killer.
Old 2011-09-17, 12:08   Link #304
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

The sheer despair! I can almost taste it!

You'll regret it, Ichijooouuu! Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou Ichijou!!!

They made it even more epic that in the manga.
Old 2011-09-17, 13:21   Link #305
karumofin

I hated this episode personally. Kaiji really sits there and prays for a mircale after the conclusion of the last season? Really? REALLY? I don't even WANT him to win now.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:38   Link #306
Gooral
Banned

lol
And what could he have done? He planned for almost every eventuality and you're saying he just sits there ?! Have you been even watching Kaiji or what? He made the best he could under circumstances he was in. There was no other way for him to get enough money in such a short amount of time... I assume you would prefer for him to win with that last bounce? IMO this episode was perfect and has perfectly depicted despair. The point is, Kaiji has bad luck and that's why it makes this the best gamble anime ever.
Gooral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 13:41   Link #307
fertygo
Hyakko Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
I hated this episode personally. Kaiji really sits there and prays for a mircale after the conclusion of the last season? Really? REALLY? I don't even WANT him to win now.
Well, I'm gonna shitting on my pants too if I'm Kaiji.
He's not Akagi or Zero, Kaiji is the one that have most emotion among them.. And don't forget the main theme of Kaiji is still about the "loser".
Old 2011-09-17, 13:45   Link #308
Gooral
Banned

That's one of the reasons I didn't like Akagi that much. He was a robot with super skills and luck on his side.
Old 2011-09-17, 13:58   Link #309
karumofin

It doesn't matter what he could have done or not. The conclusion of last season was that at the crucial moment Kaiji was begging for a mircale instead of thinking things through and that because of that he lost. If he wins now by begging for a miracle then that is simply bad storytelling. Of course, I don't know how this concludes yet, but if it doesn't include some sort of action on Kaijis part it's going to be pathetic.
karumofin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 14:19   Link #310
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooral View Post
That's one of the reasons I didn't like Akagi that much. He was a robot with super skills and luck on his side.
Akagi was a genius, and Kaiji is a prodigy; that's the difference between them. Akagi can place his determination into his own skills and nothing more, while Kaiji can plan multi-layered ideas and hope everything turns out the best for him. Even Akagi had many of those moments where he didn't know if he'd win or lose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by karumofin View Post
It doesn't matter what he could have done or not. The conclusion of last season was that at the crucial moment Kaiji was begging for a mircale instead of thinking things through and that because of that he lost. If he wins now by begging for a miracle then that is simply bad storytelling. Of course, I don't know how this concludes yet, but if it doesn't include some sort of action on Kaijis part it's going to be pathetic.
Are you saying up until this point everything has gone to plan? I understand that if he wins by "directly begging for a miracle" then that's a little forgetful about the first season, but a lot of steps taken to get here were luck based. What would've happened if Ichijou didn't tilt the machine the same way as well? What if the balls didn't get stuck on the way out? What if that block didn't arrive in time? There's only so much Kaiji can do, the rest is truly based on his luck.
Old 2011-09-17, 14:59   Link #311
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Ichijou must be the happiest guy since his last resort finally showed up. Never would have though it would be air nozzles surrounding the whole. That is just to evil. Like how Kaiji thought that the jump might work. Honestly he was really pitiful when he gave up and asked Ichijou for a draw with tears in his eyes. Thought he said he was prepare to lose it all. Really like how they colored him different at the end.

So i know his balls are out, but since the balls are still spinning in the bog doesn't that mean he's still playing and they should wait to take him? Also Murakami said that he didn't know how much batter y was left, so that could mean that the air curtain could collapse while the balls are still in the third tray. Also what ever happened to the third guy that was with Kaiji and Endo. Shouldn't he be taken as well if they lose?
Old 2011-09-17, 15:31   Link #312
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ars89 View Post
Ichijou must be the happiest guy since his last resort finally showed up. Never would have though it would be air nozzles surrounding the whole. That is just to evil. Like how Kaiji thought that the jump might work. Honestly he was really pitiful when he gave up and asked Ichijou for a draw with tears in his eyes. Thought he said he was prepare to lose it all. Really like how they colored him different at the end.

So i know his balls are out, but since the balls are still spinning in the bog doesn't that mean he's still playing and they should wait to take him? Also Murakami said that he didn't know how much batter y was left, so that could mean that the air curtain could collapse while the balls are still in the third tray. Also what ever happened to the third guy that was with Kaiji and Endo. Shouldn't he be taken as well if they lose?
Listen to him brimming with overconfidence now that he has that barrier. At first I thought Kaiji was extremely pitiful as well; he begs Ichijou for a draw, whilst he was gloating when he had the upper hand. But hey, isn't that a human? We'll regret losing only after gambling everything away, and then try to get it back. I don't think you understand, that barrier is going to create something so epic that nobody knows how this is going to end.

As for the game, yes. They should let him keep playing. Will they? My spoiler-spewing lips are sealed~ And Sakazaki's problem was his own, if I remember correctly. He'll lose everything he had and whoever he got that money from will come knocking soon enough, should Kaiji lose.
Old 2011-09-17, 16:10   Link #313
Sol Falling

What I'm thinking is, the third tray is essentially a closed system, with the only energy being introduced being a new ball every once in a while. However, as more and more balls go in, it will be like pumping air into a balloon just waiting for it to pop. In fact, that air barrier itself seems to be adding energy into the system, making balls bounce back with potentially even more force than they have in approaching it. At some point, the number of balls in the tray should be large enough to cause a chain reaction with the air barrier resulting in all of the balls bouncing around frantically. At some point, the balloon will pop, and a ball will go down the only open hole.

The only problem is, now that Kaiji's out of balls, where will these new balls come from? Is it possible that most of the balls in the first and second tray will just fall by themselves into the third? I don't really think so. But I do think Kaiji's win would have been pretty much inevitable if he could've just kept pumping more balls in for a bit longer (brute force seems to have been the theme of this challenge: guide all the balls to one place, and send enough of them, then for sure something will definitely happen).
Sol Falling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-17, 18:01   Link #314
Byakou

Ichijou's happy face is priceless

Spoiler for pic:
Byakou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-18, 21:09   Link #315
gsilver

When I saw this episode, I started thinking:

Miyaka!
Tamahome!

Then, I started thinking:
Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi Kumi
Old 2011-09-19, 04:20   Link #316
Kyuu
=^^=

Oh man, I spent the past couple days (watching 4-6 episodes at a time) and caught up. Holy @#%@$^@$#%

Last edited by Kyuu; 2011-09-19 at 04:43.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-19, 12:49   Link #317
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Whoever writes Kaiji, I want to punch them in the face. That’s how I feel right now…

T_T Zawazawazawazaaaaa-waaaa
Old 2011-09-20, 14:40   Link #318
Gooral
Banned

Episode 25.

Spoiler for reaction to ep. 25:
Old 2011-09-20, 16:24   Link #319
Hiroi Sekai
ゴリゴリ!
*Graphic Designer

Still watching it, but I had to post this for obvious reasons. Sorry about the watermarks- I'm streaming this crap.

Spoiler for SWEETJEEBUSWHATISTHAT:

EDIT: Dayum, that was fantastic. Giving the manga adaptation of this part an animation made it so much more epic.

Last edited by Hiroi Sekai; 2011-09-20 at 16:46.
Hiroi Sekai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-09-20, 17:02   Link #320
Kyuu
=^^=

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kaiji_(manga)#Season_2

Aww dammit. No one wrote up episode summaries?!
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
seinen