AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 08:50   Link #141
kitten320

One thing that annoyed me in the episode:

Aluka: I can't see... wait is that my sword?!

You just said you can't see, WTF?!
Old 2014-04-27, 11:26   Link #142
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
One thing that annoyed me in the episode:

Aluka: I can't see... wait is that my sword?!

You just said you can't see, WTF?!
She heard the clinging sound.
JiCi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 14:15   Link #143
EroKing

NSFW
Megami
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2014-05-01, 19:21   Link #144
JiCi

Ok, now I'm confused: are the episodes supposed to show Alka's story or the OTHER characters' stories?

Seems like Alka is often benched for characters that we don't get to see later, except the gunslinger, the inn keeper and the gang leader.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:33   Link #145
kitten320

I'm starting to lose interest... show seems to focus on different characters every episode and none of them is important, what's the point?

Alka does not develop in any way, she is a walking robot. She could have at least said that that's an inn keeper intead of just blankly looking.

And I would prefer to knwo what those flowers are in the actual episode and not after since for whole episode I was like "So what's the problem again?"

Inn keeper seems to develop more than Alka. I hope they finally start to go somewhere with it.
Old 2014-05-01, 19:48   Link #146
JiCi

Quote:
And I would prefer to knwo what those flowers are in the actual episode and not after since for whole episode I was like "So what's the problem again?"
There are poisonous flowers, used by the bad guys and several other criminals, which their harvest is helping a village to survive, it also contributes in dealing with a potential threat.
Old 2014-05-01, 20:30   Link #147
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Picked up by Sentai Filmworks
CrowKenobi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 20:41   Link #148
Anime Online

I was really fired up over the game but the show is doing a great job dampening it. I feel that some strengths of what make the game appealing, such as the wuxia (a genre of Chinese fantasy on the adventures of martial artists) feel, are not properly conveyed into anime form. In addition, the climatic scene of Jin Varrel killing Alka's master was not shown in the anime, which I felt would have the audience root strongly for Alka to avenge her master. As a result, the anime doesn't seem particularly interesting and I would say it is not doing a good job selling the game.

So the do-the-right-thing guy got killed this episode. I'm not quite sure what the moral of the episode is. Perhaps it is: extremism results when people are too focused on "my way or the highway". Wait, that doesn't sound right.
Anime Online is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-01, 20:45   Link #149
JiCi

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrowKenobi View Post
Oh boy... here comes the hefty price tags...
Old 2014-05-01, 22:39   Link #150
Jehuty

Wow, talk about a disconnected episode.

The guy was a raving lunatic whose voice actor was terrible. Really, really unpleasant to listen to, and we had to be exposed to his ranting for long periods of time. I really wanted to just stop watching at several points.

Back to the disconnection, this episode did not do anything for the story overall at all. Seriously, WTF were they thinking? And that girl dies, and the innkeeper is all "oh, my job is done here!".
Old 2014-05-02, 01:08   Link #151
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

dropped...tried to keep with it but its so boring, every episode they introduce some new characters then kill some off, it really is getting stupid. wonder if shes just circling that town cause she meets that gunslinger and woman mayor(cant even remember their names) every ep lol.
Ill come back after its all out and binge watch it skipping the boring scenes :P
Wonder why they are trying to make this a serious series cause i can maybe see this working if there was actual fanservice scenes like QB
Old 2014-05-02, 05:20   Link #152
Jehuty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Om Nerabdator View Post
dropped...tried to keep with it but its so boring, every episode they introduce some new characters then kill some off, it really is getting stupid. wonder if shes just circling that town cause she meets that gunslinger and woman mayor(cant even remember their names) every ep lol.
Ill come back after its all out and binge watch it skipping the boring scenes :P
Wonder why they are trying to make this a serious series cause i can maybe see this working if there was actual fanservice scenes like QB
the problem is that they don't even bother to make a connection. All the episodes just stand alone, and there's no cohesiveness with the story. it's like they have a bunch of writers who could be good, but they don't talk to each other and each just submits their own writing for each episode.
Old 2014-05-02, 06:33   Link #153
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by JiCi View Post
There are poisonous flowers, used by the bad guys and several other criminals, which their harvest is helping a village to survive, it also contributes in dealing with a potential threat.
There very little difference between poisonous flowers and swords/guns/man-made weapons.

Alka's actions are !@#$. The crime should stay with the person who actually committed the act.

After this episode, I prefer El Karen (proprietress).

If Alka is a character in MMO-RPG and committed this action(i.e. killing the innocent guards for payment), I will fight against Alka and her employer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anime Online View Post
I was really fired up over the game but the show is doing a great job dampening it. I feel that some strengths of what make the game appealing, such as the wuxia (a genre of Chinese fantasy on the adventures of martial artists) feel, are not properly conveyed into anime form. In addition, the climatic scene of Jin Varrel killing Alka's master was not shown in the anime, which I felt would have the audience root strongly for Alka to avenge her master. As a result, the anime doesn't seem particularly interesting and I would say it is not doing a good job selling the game.

So the do-the-right-thing guy got killed this episode. I'm not quite sure what the moral of the episode is. Perhaps it is: extremism results when people are too focused on "my way or the highway". Wait, that doesn't sound right.
"Do-the-right-thing" guy is a hypocrite i.e. he didn't notice he has a hand weapon which is also designed to cut and kill.

Quote:
I'm starting to lose interest... show seems to focus on different characters every episode and none of them is important, what's the point?

Alka does not develop in any way, she is a walking robot. She could have at least said that that's an inn keeper intead of just blankly looking.

Inn keeper seems to develop more than Alka. I hope they finally start to go somewhere with it.
It seems El Karen (proprietress) is also a main character e.g. She takes the entire ending dance sequence and it looks like Karen can do hand-to-hand combat.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 07:13   Link #154
jhpace1

Spoilers....

Spoiler:
jhpace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 07:14   Link #155
D-KLAC
KLAC OF THE ANIME WORLD

ep.5

arka is hired some guy who protest & trying rid blue flowers due to it's evil yet give nervous girl bit worry give wonder what is right thing to do in her life?

give village chief call in karen give she check the dead bodies yet keep in watch while hazuki scope trying get arka again.

protest guy going get nervous girl do right thing give go like burn blue flowers yet nervous girl ask some talk with arka give for reasons to do.

so protest trying burn flowers til karen stop the flame give go kill everyone til nervous girl stop him give go like everyone is a LIE so try killed village chief but nervous girl took the dagger stab.

yet protest guy go like blame everyone yet karen give shut up stab & done with place while all that done hazuki let arka go free for now til next time.

(yet next ep said going be focus on varrel)
YOU EITHER ANIME NEXUS http://myanimelist.net/clubs.php?cid=24159 OR AGAINST THE ANIME
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B6WFM...eature=related
KLAC OF PERSONALITY http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jqyG8w0iMPw
D-KLAC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-02, 19:21   Link #156
encia

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhpace1 View Post
Spoilers....

Spoiler:
Poisonous flowers and plants being grown by legal plant nurseries. Poisonous flowers and plants can be use as organic pesticides. There are differences between poisonous flowers and plants vs human addictive plants.
encia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 04:08   Link #157
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
That's it... I'm done. This is too stupid. Every single episode someone dies in a stupid way because everyone WAITS for someone to get killed before they do anything. Why the FUCK didn't she just stab the guy with that needle RIGHT THE FUCKING AWAY? Now the girl's dead because you're all standing around looking at the crazy guy with a knife.
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 12:36   Link #158
Galacticichi

Yeah this was shit. I'll still keep watching because I'm an optimist like that but I wanted to throw my monitor against the wall listening to that hysterical idiot. My god, he would be the sole reason I drop this show. The theme/moral was weak and I'm guessing Alka is supposed to develop after witnessing and hearing about random people's lives but we see none of that happen so far. I just wanted someone to kill him so badly and they did but not before poor Malna dies wtf. This was so ridiculously stupid arghhh!!!

Anything this episode was trying to convey was mute because of that damn guy!!!
Galacticichi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 14:10   Link #159
DmonHiro

Send a message via Yahoo to DmonHiro
And to add insult to injury, there were THREE people who could have killed that idiot the second he lunged. One of them is a SNIPER. Yet they all waited until he killed the girl to say "Oh, yeah, I really good at killing people.".
DmonHiro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-06, 07:10   Link #160
AntonKutovoi

It continues to be hilariously bad and stupid. I'm still watching it for laughs (like I did with Diabolic lovers).
AntonKutovoi is offline   Reply With Quote