AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-10-31, 06:51   Link #1341
Key Board
Carbon

Not relying on her, and instead relying on L-Elf

ie: jealousy
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-31, 08:16   Link #1342
GoldenLand
Eaten by goats

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
Can we get a summary of what happened in the Saki manga that made her cry? Other than the fact he chose to fed on L-Elf. Haruto better not had said that he does not love Saki. If so, he burnt all bridges.
Well...that pic seems to show her saying "Idiot! Idiot Haruto!" and "Alone..." so it'll be a response to Haruto saying "let us, me and L-elf be alone together" like Golos quoted.

I don't know entirely whether her reason for crying is jealousy, though. It could be that she's crying because she thinks it's painful for Haruto to be dealing with his problem on his own. L-elf isn't exactly a friend or a person who can be relied on to take care of Haruto further than keeping him alive, so maybe to her, Haruto relying on L-elf is the same as Haruto being on his own, without support. And that would be hard for her to take.

And yeah, she could also be feeling shut out and unhappy about not being the one he's relying on. Going by ep 11 and the film lines she quoted there, Saki's the sort of person who thinks she wants to be chosen by one other person, and that that would be enough for her even if she was still feeling lonely as long as her loneliness was also that person's. Sounds as if she could get jealous. But my guess is that she'd still feel a lot better about Haruto relying on somebody other than her if that person wasn't L-elf. Nomming on L-elf seems to be Haruto's way of saying that he'll take everything onto his own shoulders.
Old 2013-10-31, 08:28   Link #1343
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenLand View Post
Well...that pic seems to show her saying "Idiot! Idiot Haruto!" and "Alone..." so it'll be a response to Haruto saying "let us, me and L-elf be alone together" like Golos quoted.

I don't know entirely whether her reason for crying is jealousy, though. It could be that she's crying because she thinks it's painful for Haruto to be dealing with his problem on his own. L-elf isn't exactly a friend or a person who can be relied on to take care of Haruto further than keeping him alive, so maybe to her, Haruto relying on L-elf is the same as Haruto being on his own, without support. And that would be hard for her to take.

And yeah, she could also be feeling shut out and unhappy about not being the one he's relying on. Going by ep 11 and the film lines she quoted there, Saki's the sort of person who thinks she wants to be chosen by one other person, and that that would be enough for her even if she was still feeling lonely as long as her loneliness was also that person's. Sounds as if she could get jealous. But my guess is that she'd still feel a lot better about Haruto relying on somebody other than her if that person wasn't L-elf. Nomming on L-elf seems to be Haruto's way of saying that he'll take everything onto his own shoulders.
I think this is possible. She could be berating him for trying to shoulder everything alone. For better or for worse, she's a part of this too as that night affected her just as much if not more than it affected him. However, she's being pushed to the side, rather then him talking to her and getting through this "curse" thing together. Haruto's leaning on L-elf, but like you said, that might as well be Haruto taking it all on himself since L-elf is more of a one-track mind person that doesn't let emotions get in the way of his mission. This whole thing is impersonal for him, he needs the Valvraves to run with the least amount of trouble from their vampire pilots, so he needs to feed the head one to keep everything running smoothly. That's all there is to it, no more, no less.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-10-31, 09:14   Link #1344
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by erika4dsl View Post
I always imagined that even if Haruto was decapitated he'll like grow a new head lol or his severed head would connect itself back into his body like time rewinds for his body.
Teehee, now I'm hoping we get something like this for today's episode. Can you imagine the mind screw if he's somehow able to still be aware when that happens?

Also, I get the impression L-Elf may have suspected that a head shot wouldn't work just on account of him changing his threat to decapitation instead. Unless I'm suppose to believe that he didn't have his gun in ep. 13?
Old 2013-10-31, 12:26   Link #1345
Mephis
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by amethystjewel View Post
Spoiler for Spoiler for Saki's manga:

Found it on 4chan.
move the image to imgur or something then repost =w=;
Old 2013-10-31, 21:55   Link #1346
iCK

My speculation on the opening and closing:

Opening:
Haruto, Saki, L-Elf, and Shoko definitely cross breed or something.
Their not shipping them as obvious, but its still there.
Also, they are showing the final bosses for the VVV. There's really not much going on imo. Other than they show Haruto becoming like the new dictator of the world.

Closing:
There's something odd about Haruto, I don't think hes losing his memories like Marie, but he is definitely shouldering something he cannot handle on his own. As for the pictures of Shoko and Saki,why must they shine more like on Shoko as the happy girl? Saki also, looking depressed and her jacket off. Then the next scene skips to Haruto going in the berserk mode and lying on the snow only tells me that hes back on feeding on Saki.
Old 2013-10-31, 22:31   Link #1347
Kakkou
Tch.

Prediction: Rune consumption can go as far as turning whole bodies into runes. Haruto & L-Elf sacrifice themselves for a major power hax or whatever extreme thing needs to be done at the climax. Pino & Prue use what's left of Haruto & L-Elf's runes to create immortal-shota-future-prince. Makes things more straightforward than guessing who bred with who. =P
Old 2013-10-31, 23:11   Link #1348
Key Board
Carbon

Prediction:

I think recent incident will sour Haruto relationship with L-Elf
on the other hand, I don't see him feeding on another person besides L-Elf voluntarily

I think they will get into another argument because L-Elf left Saki behind, though
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Old 2013-10-31, 23:50   Link #1349
LightDragonman

Heh, like I said, Saki is now essentially Private Ryan in terms of her current situation.

And I kind of have to side with Saki regarding Haruto. The latter doesn't need to shoulder everything on his shoulders, and he can't rely on L-Elf forever.
Old 2013-11-01, 03:08   Link #1350
Irenesharda

Weirdly, everyone seems to be moving away from Haruto. L-elf seems to be taking over leadership, Saki is with the Dorssians and is getting to know them, which will probably eventually make her sympathetic towards their side. Shoko's busy on the moon. Haruto's kind of been by himself. Even Pino doesn't talk to him for some reason.

What was so sad was that when Marie began to pilot VVVI and Haruto was just standing there on the shore, I was like "they are really trying to make you more and more useless aren't they?"

However, with Marie's death, Haruto gets to be pilot again. However, he will never really seem special or irreplaceable again though.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2013-11-01, 03:24   Link #1351
~BC~

I think I'm beginning to realize what's bothering me about Haruto lately. It feels like they're trying to tear down the character so he can develop and then build him back up but they've dragged out the downward spiral for too long, IMO. I'm also thinking he's about due for the "separated from the group" arc. But maybe they just decided to give that to Saki. In which case, I can only hope they give us a big reveal next episode that will light a fire under his backside.
Old 2013-11-01, 03:43   Link #1352
LightDragonman

Since he's piloting next episode, I'm guessing that he is heading out to retrieve Saki and Akira.
Old 2013-11-01, 06:31   Link #1353
KleenexGhost
Riding the Ange Express

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I think I'm beginning to realize what's bothering me about Haruto lately. It feels like they're trying to tear down the character so he can develop and then build him back up but they've dragged out the downward spiral for too long, IMO. I'm also thinking he's about due for the "separated from the group" arc. But maybe they just decided to give that to Saki. In which case, I can only hope they give us a big reveal next episode that will light a fire under his backside.
This post makes optimistic about that. It's like you said, he's falling but it's taking forever for him to hit rock bottom so he can pick himself back up and level up.
Old 2013-11-01, 09:55   Link #1354
Winterson
Wrath of Her Fury

The royalists hacked through JIOR and offered them a safe escape from Dorssia. If this is ostensibly the start of an impending revolution within the bounds of the nation's jurisdiction then, it can also be a scheme devised by some who might be one of the magius. May it be for some evil purpose or not, the princess has her ways of knowing, for even though she's somewhat held as political prisoner, Liselotte still has her little power and influence to make others follow her orders. Now that she was seen entering a steaming fridge that has a clover emblem on its covering while she's on her black undies and talking to Cain like they're intimate to each other, it makes me wonder if Liselotte is still the same benign girl L Elf knew and or if Cain is entirely bad since he's for some reason acquainted with the princess who is known for her divine kindness.

Was Amadeus a really bad person who only lust for power? He left Cain the task of infiltrating JIOR, not knowing his sole motive and him being a magius. When chibi L Elf was pursued on the run by the soldiers, the monarchy still had dominion over the land not until the coup d'etat led by Fuhrer's faction happened. The brutality in their status quo was rampant even before the royal family was overthrown. Amadeus was nothing more than just a pawn used probably by the magius to fool the world, making it appear that Dorssia owes it all to him because of whatever happened during that bloody Thursday?. . . Friday? I forgot.

As to Marie, If she's only comatose, there is still hope, but I fear she's not, and L Elf will not matter to report it back to M77. The incident with Marie must be kept classified for the time being.
Old 2013-11-01, 10:09   Link #1355
Fjoergyn

After 16 chapters Haruto begins to develop, that's awful

1: I think Saki and Adrei scene is more for her to begin to understand the magnitude of a conflict and be able to understand the behavior of L-Elf.

2: Where is the body of Saki

3: I do not expect good reaction of L-Elf when he learns that his princess is a vampire.

4: L-Elf could be a future pilot of Unit 01, I think if.
Old 2013-11-01, 13:03   Link #1356
MK-95-
Best Girl Connoisseur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
After 16 chapters Haruto begins to develop, that's awful
Agreed. Its reached a point where the changes will be noticed. The transition can't be smooth because they(Sunrise) took too long to do it.

Quote:
1: I think Saki and Adrei scene is more for her to begin to understand the magnitude of a conflict and be able to understand the behavior of L-Elf.
I have this feeling that L-Elf's first TRUE friend may be in fact Saki. She'll have that "understanding both sides' reasons" advantage to work with. She'll get to see what its like to be a Dorssian & get to compare it with her Jior lifestyle.

Quote:
2: Where is the body of Saki
They'll probably take care of that off-screen. So I'm not too worried about it.

Quote:
3: I do not expect good reaction of L-Elf when he learns that his princess is a vampire.
He's gonna flip some tables...XD He'll be like "Is EVERYONE I know a vampire?!!!"...lol
Quote:
4: L-Elf could be a future pilot of Unit 01, I think if.
After Marie proved that the VVVs can have more than one active/registered pilots, I'm actually seeing the possibility that L-Elf may become a pilot later down the road.

He'll need for Pino to accept him though.
"When there is evil in this world that justice cannot defeat, would you taint your hands with evil to defeat evil? Or would you remain steadfast and righteous even if it means surrendering to evil?" - Lelouch vi Britannia as Zero.

Last edited by MK-95-; 2013-11-01 at 13:46.
Old 2013-11-01, 13:32   Link #1357
Fjoergyn

Remember to that scene, Pino was having an orgasm with L-Elf

Pino will accept
Old 2013-11-01, 13:36   Link #1358
Key Board
Carbon

He could become kamitsuki but I think having to feed Haruto and himself might not be a good idea
especially since it's revealed that runes contain memories

now if he can find a way to lock up Haruto forever without the other pilots making an issue about, he might do it
Old 2013-11-01, 13:51   Link #1359
~BC~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fjoergyn View Post
Remember to that scene, Pino was having an orgasm with L-Elf

Pino will accept
Ugh, people keep misinterpreting that scene. She has no interest in L-Elf like that. She was reacting to the words Kibukawa used. Now that Marie is gone however L-Elf might be able to exploit her loneliness to get answers or maybe get registered as a pilot himself.

Quote:
He could become kamitsuki but I think having to feed Haruto and himself might not be a good idea
especially since it's revealed that runes contain memories

now if he can find a way to lock up Haruto forever without the other pilots making an issue about, he might do it
Not sure I follow. Why would he be locking Haruto up again?
Old 2013-11-01, 14:14   Link #1360
Fjoergyn

In one flashback L-elf kills with a knife and in the other adrei with a gun??

Maybe it animation error or is there something more.
Closed Thread