AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2004-10-12, 00:52   Link #1
Darklocke

Lookin for a good Romantic Comedy

I really miss the good old romantic / comedic anime's from the past... Like my favs were Kimagure Orange Road, Maison Ikkoku, and Ranma 1/2 when i was younger.

I am looking for something that may bring back some nastalgic memories of those animes that I can find on animesuki.

OR even something like Saint Seiya Or Samurai Troopers! I really wish i could find the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers subs other than purchasing the dvd... especially the movies.
Old 2004-10-12, 01:10   Link #2
tokio_no_go
Ninja Alchemist Go Player

Send a message via AIM to tokio_no_go
HAHA I miss those to. Your not gonna find much around these days like those (and I belive all of those shojo's you named were done by the same person) but I just saw the first episode of School Rumble and loved it.
Old 2004-10-12, 01:12   Link #3
Fronzel
Schmuck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darklocke
I really wish i could find the Yoroiden Samurai Troopers subs other than purchasing the dvd...
Too bad.

I'm not aware of any really good romantic comedies on fansub right now. Like all things of quality, they're quite rare. I like the romance portions of Aishiteruze Baby, but it's definitely subordinate to the main plot.

Ebichu minds the House? :P

EDIT: Takahashi didn't do KOR.
Old 2004-10-12, 01:15   Link #4
Timeless Enigma
Tsushima Masaki

I can't accurately recommend since I've never seen any of the titles you've mentioned.

What I have seen in romantic comedy this year however is:

Midori no Hibi
School Rumble
DearS
Girls Bravo (I don't really recommend this)
Final Approach
Kannaduki no Miko (not really comedy)

I'd suggest you disregard those suggestions however... I doubt they're what you're looking for.

Old 2004-10-12, 01:51   Link #5
Shenlong

Its true, you won't be finding such titles anymore.. you could try Mamotte Shugogetten which is pretty close to Ah! My Goddess or Tenshi na Konamaiki.. Or check out some of the older series that are being subbed. Stuff like Miracle Girls, Mizuiro Jidai or Yaiba
Old 2004-10-13, 13:02   Link #6
Sokar

If you want old style goodness try Tekkaman Blade. It's one of the best sci-fi, mecha, alien invasion stories I have ever seen. Especially if you like Starcraft, Radam = Zerg.
Old 2004-10-13, 18:51   Link #7
MidoriShinobi
Boha-haha!!

Send a message via AIM to MidoriShinobi Send a message via MSN to MidoriShinobi
Actually, I don't know why you wouldn't like DearS, or even Aishiterze Baby..
I mean, as long as your not looking for something that's strictly romance.
Old 2004-10-13, 23:18   Link #8
GustaveElazul
Gus

Green Green has a romantic storyline along with alot of comedy. DearS is a good suggestion as mentioned; it has romance but there is alot more comedy in it. It's actually more of a comedy with a little romance on the side.
Old 2004-10-14, 01:27   Link #9
Tima
Konichiwa

I don't know wether you've seen this one or not but yawara is a pretty close match i think in regards to what your looking for. Mizuiro jidai is also another one that you should look at. some others you might want to look at, although not all are comedies are piano, to heart, narue no sekai, seven of seven, princess nine, ocean waves, only yesterday, irrsponsible captain tylor. planetes, daa daa daa, robotech, oh yeah and hana yori dango.
Old 2004-10-14, 03:27   Link #10
Tsubomi Koneko

Send a message via AIM to Tsubomi Koneko Send a message via MSN to Tsubomi Koneko
Oh Midori no Hibi was really good, the domestic release of the DVDs should be soon if it hasn't already started yet. I'd personally suggest that anime. I know I'm gonna force my fiance to get it and watch it.

Umm... otherwise... Tsukuyomi ~Moon Phase~ looks like it might be a romantic comedy... if you aren't horribly against super cute vampire girls with cat ears...

This makes me realize I haven't finished watching very many shows this year...
Closed Thread